PDA

View Full Version : Fourth of July Fireworks Celebrations

stricken721
07-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Did anybody attend any Fireworks displays? Around here in the Houston area we have several including the largest land based display in the US called "Freedom Over Texas" this year they had Pat Green and Little Big Town performing, it was realy nice.

Chiefster
07-04-2010, 11:23 PM
I was not in attendance here, but I really like the song. :D

YouTube- White Heart- Independence Day Music Video

tornadospotter
07-05-2010, 01:35 AM
I was not in attendance here, but I really like the song. :D

YouTube- White Heart- Independence Day Music Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k99Q1eQT9xw)
YouTube- "America the Beautiful" by Acappella

I like this.

Chiefster
07-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Me too buddy!

Connie Jo
07-07-2010, 01:21 AM
That video was awesome Chiefster! I got a bit sad seeing the Twin Towers though. I like the lead singers patchwork style Flag shirt too!

Clint...no city fireworks, haha. My son & his wife, daughter & her hubby, & grandkids came to my house to grill. The kids' lit off their assortment of fireworks, nothing too big or fancy though. That's been our tradition for years. We had the best time, haha. The kids entertained after fireworks dancing to Michael Jackson songs, Lady Gaga too. My 6 yr old grand-daughter Madeline stole the show, she's full of personality and is a riot! My stomach hurt so bad from laughing, & tears of laughter too.

The 80 acres my house is built on is the 2nd highest elevation in our county, and any direction you look 360º you can see fireworks going off from surrounding cities & towns in the distance. They're not close, but it's pretty awesome to see them all around. :)