PDA

View Full Version : Player or Team?

Scout200
07-09-2010, 02:29 PM
If your all-time favorite player from your favorite team left, would you follow the player or stay with the team?

-Scout

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=c76cf8fe9f&view=att&th=1294c5cf2a2bf1dd&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=f_gald89yz0&zw

Canada
07-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Team, but my fav player will always be a Chief!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/07/4.jpg

N TX Dave
07-09-2010, 04:16 PM
TEAM it was my team before my fav players joined the team. You are always true to your team you can follow a player after he leaves but someday he will retire then where are you left?

stricken721
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
My favorite player spent his whole career and died as a Chief. No way I could leave this team.

In the words of Carl Peterson "Derrick Thomas will always be a Kansas City Chief"

Chiefster
07-09-2010, 09:56 PM

...This!

matthewschiefs
07-09-2010, 10:45 PM
I would always look to see what that player did how good he is doing. I wouldnt really care if his team was winning or loseing but I would hope that the player would do well. Kind of like what I do with Tony G. I hope he does well but if the falcons win or lose really doesnt matter to me. I will Always be a Chief fan regardless of whos playing for them or whos not playing for them.

tornadospotter
07-09-2010, 11:10 PM
If your all-time favorite player from your favorite team left, would you follow the player or stay with the team?

-Scout

TEAM it was my team before my fav players joined the team. You are always true to your team you can follow a player after he leaves but someday he will retire then where are you left?

My favorite player spent his whole career and died as a Chief. No way I could leave this team.

In the words of Carl Peterson "Derrick Thomas will always be a Kansas City Chief"

...This!

I would always look to see what that player did how good he is doing. I wouldnt really care if his team was winning or loseing but I would hope that the player would do well. Kind of like what I do with Tony G. I hope he does well but if the falcons win or lose really doesnt matter to me. I will Always be a Chief fan regardless of whos playing for them or whos not playing for them.
Yes to all the response, I have a favorite player that was drafted by the lions, I hope he will suck and be dropped so that the Chiefs will snag him, not going to happen. He is to good. The TG thing is most personal, he was drafed by the Chiefs! I understand his personal goals and respect them, but I was not sad about him breaking his streak of pro bowl, just saying, he should have stayed with the
chief's.
:beer:

chiefnut
07-10-2010, 12:20 PM
TEAM always, the only time to switch is not based on wins/losses but on team personality. I stayed a TEXANS/CHIEFS fan when they moved to KC. it would take a major change in management or ownership like if al davis bought the CHIEFS i would leave. otherwise forever a CHIEFS fan.

honda522
07-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Well Tony G is my favorite, but I don't really follow the Falcons very much.

chief31
07-10-2010, 10:56 PM
When a Chiefs player that I like goes to another team, so long as he didn't show betrayal to The Chiefs, I tend to root for them when they aren't playing The Chiefs.

(ATTN: Neil Smith
Going to a divisional rival would qualify as a betrayal.)

The team comes first. I still like Jared Allen. But never above The Chiefs.

You'd be pretty hard-pressed to find a Chiefs fan right now, who would answer 'player', as this team has shipped out all of the big name players that would qualify as a fan's favorite over the past few seasons.

Chiefster
07-10-2010, 11:04 PM
When a Chiefs player that I like goes to another team, so long as he didn't show betrayal to The Chiefs, I tend to root for them when they aren't playing The Chiefs.

(ATTN: Neil Smith
Going to a divisional rival would qualify as a betrayal.)

The team comes first. I still like Jared Allen. But never above The Chiefs.

You'd be pretty hard-pressed to find a Chiefs fan right now, who would answer 'player', as this team has shipped out all of the big name players that would qualify as a fan's favorite over the past few seasons.

I have to agree with everything you have written here. I can remember feeling very disappointed that Neil Smith went to the donks.

Connie Jo
07-13-2010, 02:28 AM

Same here!! Awesome answer & post Canada!! REP!!

Connie Jo
07-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Red & gold blood was inherited from my dad (RIP)...Chiefs till death, and if I have my way...DT, my brother Ricky, dad, and me are gonna be rooting together for our Chiefs from Heaven too!

That said, I did find myself rooting for the Vikes with Jared Allen there, even more when Favre became a Vike, since he's my fav QB of all time, with exception of Lenny Dawson, respectively. I totally love to watch Favre play the game, Jared too!

Connie Jo
07-13-2010, 02:41 AM

REP!!

stricken721
07-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the rep CJ:bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
07-13-2010, 03:33 AM
You're welcome stricken aka Clint, haha. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to say thank you, because I was gonna have to make a random post prior to my heading off to get some sleep. I couldn't stand the thought of my post count ending in the #27!! LOL :)

Sweet Chiefs Super Bowl Dreams!! :)

stricken721
07-13-2010, 03:37 AM
You're welcome stricken aka Clint, haha. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to say thank you, because I was gonna have to make a random post prior to my heading off to get some sleep. I couldn't stand the thought of my post count ending in the #27!! LOL :)

Sweet Chiefs Super Bowl Dreams!! :)

That's an ugly number around here, glad you got rid of it!

Same to you, have a great day tomorrow. :bananen_smilies046:

Scout200
07-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Yeah, personally speaking, I feel that the team is of more importance... A player doesn't make the team - they only contribute. Players come and go but a Team is forever!

-Scout

Ryfo18
07-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Team

KristofLaw
07-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Players have value.. they are not meaningless almost no matter how bad they have been. Having said that I stay loyal to my team first and foremost.

My immediate thoughts in regard to this thread were of NHL hockey, which I follow. I am a huge fan of Steve Yzerman who has since retired from the Detroit Redwings a few years back. He then coached the Canadian team to success which I was honestly somewhat surprised as I figured he would shy from hockey.

Anyhow, I am still a Detroit Redwings fan, but as he has become the GM to the Tampa Bay Lightning I no doubt will be keeping my eye and hoping for the best for Stevie Y over there. They already have a few players I had been following... could they become my favorite team... who knows?!? I doubt it but you never know. Stevie was and is pure class.

Whatever, back to football... and sorry for the bump.