PDA

View Full Version : Top 5

KCINNYC
07-21-2010, 02:47 AM
Why can't we win the division? I think that this is the most excited I have been going in to a season in a very long time and I know a lot of you all feel the same way. So what are your top five things that you are hoping for and excited about?

Mine:

5) Emmitt Thomas coaches Eric Berry and our secondary to greatness.
4) Weis, Romeo, Haley, Pioli, and Clark Hunt are all on the same page.
3) Charles and Jones, Jones and Charles...then Dexter! And then Charles and Jones. Jones and Charles...then Dexter!
2) Dwane Bowe goes to "maturity camp" this summer with Chris Carter. He also is "inspired by Kurt Warner's talk of achieving greatness vs. just playing in the NFL."
1) Matt Cassel becomes a Pro Bowl caliber QB this season with Casey Wig., Liljia, and Brandon Albert finally stabilizing the offensive line.

stricken721
07-21-2010, 03:35 AM
5. Having 2 rookies compete for Rookie of the Year. (Eric Berry and Dexter McCluster)
4. D-Bowe turning into a Pro Bowler
3. A huge victory on Monday Night Football
2. Matt Cassel becoming the same player he was in 2008.
1. A playoff spot.

Chief Tyler
07-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Why can't we win the division? I think that this is the most excited I have been going in to a season in a very long time and I know a lot of you all feel the same way. So what are your top five things that you are hoping for and excited about?

Mine:

5) Emmitt Thomas coaches Eric Berry and our secondary to greatness.
4) Weis, Romeo, Haley, Pioli, and Clark Hunt are all on the same page.
3) Charles and Jones, Jones and Charles...then Dexter! And then Charles and Jones. Jones and Charles...then Dexter!
2) Dwane Bowe goes to "maturity camp" this summer with Chris Carter. He also is "inspired by Kurt Warner's talk of achieving greatness vs. just playing in the NFL."
1) Matt Cassel becomes a Pro Bowl caliber QB this season with Casey Wig., Liljia, and Brandon Albert finally stabilizing the offensive line.

If the first four happen, it will be a good season. I just don't see number one. Cassel just doesn't have the tools around him yet to make him look good and he doesn't have the skill set to look good regardless of who he's playing with. I'm hoping for a repeat of 2008 at the minimum as well which would make him about a league average/above average.

Chiefster
07-21-2010, 03:09 PM
World peace.
Self sufficiency.
Having the house to just my wife and I.
Taking a cruise (Not in the Gulf) and traveling around the world.
Going to heaven when I die.

...Oh, football related.

Having a decent draft.
Getting decent off-season acquisitions.
The addition of Crennell, and Weis
The fact that we're undefeated, thus far, in 2010.
Looking forward to improving in 2011.

SAPHOJUNKIE
07-21-2010, 05:04 PM
5. The coaching staff. Finally we have good coaches and teachers to guide the young talent. And there is a LOT of young talent.

4. The fresh blood. Berry, McCluster, Arenas, Thomas Jones, Ryan Lilja, and Casey Wiegmann all bring high-character, high-work-ethic to the locker room, and you can tell it is invigorating to the rest of the team.

3. The defensive line. I think people are going to be shocked at how much better they play. It's not like Tj and Dorsey aren't talented. It's not like they weren't consensus top picks for defensive line. It takes a while to adjust to the pro game, and I think we're about to see a breakout season for both of them.

2. our receiving corps. Shocked? maybe that's because we didn't do so hot last year, right? Keep in mind that there were only a handful of games that chambers and bowe were on the field together. Charles hadn't taken over the offense until week 9. this year, we start off week 1 with both receivers in the fold, charles (not LJ), and add to the equation Thomas Jones, Dexter McCluster, and upgrades on the OL. Not to mention that we played the whole year last year without an offensive coordinator. Not only do we have one now, but we have one of the best in the game.

1. Winning the division. Yes, san diego is still a power house, but the team is falling apart. You don't have your left tackle and pro bowl WR sit out for 10 games and expect to be the same team. they also lost their nose tackle and Cromartie. this is not the chargers of 2005.

chief31
07-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Five guys to make me eat my words.

1.) Branden Albert LOT
2.) Shaun Smith NT
3.) Eric Berry S
4.) Tamba Hali OLB
5.) Todd Haley HC

I have been critical, in one way or another, of each of these guys. And they all have an opportunity to shove it back in my face this season. (To varying degrees.)

I have had serious doubts about Albert at times, despite how badly I want him to become a great LOT. He has done well during the second half of each of the past two seasons. But both times, it seems to have been based on an offensive style that does not persist.

I am very uneasy about Shaun Smith too. After passing on some young possibilities at NT during the draft, this guy seems to be our best attempt at filling a position of great need. He has not done much to gain a reputation as a good DT, nor NT, to this point. Lots to prove there.

I really don't have any problem with Eric Berry. Just that I don't believe that a S can make much of an impact on a poor defense. Love to be wrong on that one too.

Tamba Hali? I like the guy a whole lot. But I am just not as enamored with his performance from '09 as so many seem to be. If he converts "hurries" into sacks and pressured bad decisions by QBs, then it will be huge for '10.

Last is Todd Haley. I have not had any trust in him from day 1. Not that I particularly disliked him. Just that I don't like the notion of trying to reproduce a mediocre Arizona Cardinals team. And I believe that he hurt the team by being tougher than needed last season.

Of course, Haley did put himself in a huge hole last year, with having to cover so many coaching positions himself. This will be his first season as, only, a head coach.

And there it is. The top five things that I look forward to for the upcoming season. If those five guys gain my confidence, then a playoff appearence will be a cinche.

Austin Avalon
07-22-2010, 11:59 PM
1. The coaching staff this year is way better than the past years. We have guys that may not have been great head coaches but they can gameplan. Some guys just aren't made to be head coaches but are phenomenal at being coordinators. I can't stand Weis, but I can't deny what he has done in the past.

2. Thomas Jones- As soon as I saw he was released I was at my local bar where I watch the games and I told everyone that I know there and my friends that the Chiefs will get him and need him. We have another veteran that's VERY productive, shuts up and practices, hits the weights, and leads by example. Plus he's big and can be our short yardage, goal line guy who can still break it. He also keeps Jamaal healthy and ice versa.

3.Jamaal Charles- Need I say anything else? Other than our kicker and punter this guy was the bright spot in our second half of the season. Dude in half the season had over 1,000 yards w/ kick returns. Imagine if he had a full season.

4. Draft picks- While I would of liked KC to get Aaron Hernandez or Jordan Shipley or a d-lineman I'm happy with the weapons we picked up. Eric Berry, McCluster, Arenas, and Moeaki. Those are some weapons that can break things open in an instant. I've read that Moeaki is a great blocking tight end, which is what the tight end is in Todd Haley's scheme but he is a very capable receiver.

5. Attitude. From what I've seen and read from the players, coaches, and non fans it seems that everyone is excited about this season. I've had friends come up and say they see great things happening and everyone in interviews seems more up beat. Plus the fans here are leading me to believe everyone will get behind this team and make Arrowhead the hardest stadium to play in again. I think the team seeing fans like this will help them also. I know heading into last year I wasn't expecting much at all. This year though I haven't been this excited since Vermeil's final year. Although it could be me getting to see them in Tampa and in week 3 also.

buffman316
07-23-2010, 12:11 PM
5. The coaching staff. Finally we have good coaches and teachers to guide the young talent. And there is a LOT of young talent.

4. The fresh blood. Berry, McCluster, Arenas, Thomas Jones, Ryan Lilja, and Casey Wiegmann all bring high-character, high-work-ethic to the locker room, and you can tell it is invigorating to the rest of the team.

3. The defensive line. I think people are going to be shocked at how much better they play. It's not like Tj and Dorsey aren't talented. It's not like they weren't consensus top picks for defensive line. It takes a while to adjust to the pro game, and I think we're about to see a breakout season for both of them.

2. our receiving corps. Shocked? maybe that's because we didn't do so hot last year, right? Keep in mind that there were only a handful of games that chambers and bowe were on the field together. Charles hadn't taken over the offense until week 9. this year, we start off week 1 with both receivers in the fold, charles (not LJ), and add to the equation Thomas Jones, Dexter McCluster, and upgrades on the OL. Not to mention that we played the whole year last year without an offensive coordinator. Not only do we have one now, but we have one of the best in the game.

1. Winning the division. Yes, san Diego is still a power house, but the team is falling apart. You don't have your left tackle and pro bowl WR sit out for 10 games and expect to be the same team. they also lost their nose tackle and Cromartie. this is not the chargers of 2005.

I was going to do a top five, but this one cannot be topped! Your angle on the WR position is right on. If things come together this could be a great season with a strong possibility of a 3-0 start.

matthewschiefs
07-23-2010, 02:10 PM
5. Rookies
4. D bowe should have a bounce back year
3. MNF
2. Coaching
1. 19-0 till proven otherwise.:D :chiefs: