PDA

View Full Version : Larry Fitzgerald Speaks highly of Dwayne Bowe

Ryfo18
07-21-2010, 01:57 PM
I know there was another DBowe thread, but it had kind of died off.

I Saw this come across Twitter today. Someone asked Larry Fitzgerald how Bowe was doing training with him. Here was his response:

Bowe should put up Huge numbers this year in KC. He's been working his tail off up here.

I know, Larry wouldn't say a bad thing about anyone, but I don't think he would make it up if he wasn't impressed with Bowe's offseason work ethic.

whatwasthat?
07-21-2010, 02:38 PM
if he is really impressing players like fitz, thats a good sign for us

Chiefster
07-21-2010, 02:58 PM
I know there was another DBowe thread, but it had kind of died off.

I Saw this come across Twitter today. Someone asked Larry Fitzgerald how Bowe was doing training with him. Here was his response:

I know, Larry wouldn't say a bad thing about anyone, but I don't think he would make it up if he wasn't impressed with Bowe's offseason work ethic.

Well, either that or he just wanted to get all our hopes and expectations up so that they can come crashing down.

:efpge: j/k

stricken721
07-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Good thing to hear from one of the best WR's in the game today. But it means nothing until he can start proving himself, and I hope that he will, he can do good things for Kansas City.

matthewschiefs
07-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Good to here about him working his butt off. I think he is going to have a break out year along with Cassel. I can't wait for the season to start.

Chiefster
07-21-2010, 09:44 PM
I think he's probably just being nice; I hope I'm wrong.

DC_Chiefsfan
07-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Bowe has proven he's a good wr. His first 2 seasons were great, especially his rookie season. At the worst, Bowe will put up numbers similar to his first 2 seasons, but I expect a much stronger campaign this year.

Chiefster
07-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Bowe has proven he's a good wr. His first 2 seasons were great, especially his rookie season. At the worst, Bowe will put up numbers similar to his first 2 seasons, but I expect a much stronger campaign this year.

What has hurt fan perception of him was the eleven dropped passes he had last year.

Drunker Hillbilly
07-22-2010, 11:58 AM
I think he's probably just being nice; I hope I'm wrong.
For the last 3 or 4 years Fitz has been doing this, he has had a lot of players up there to workout with him. He has had something good to say about every single one of them. Just sayin........

N TX Dave
07-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Is this his contract year or is it next year? If it is watch out he will have a tremendous year because he is playing for himself and a bigger pay check.

whatwasthat?
07-22-2010, 04:17 PM
For the last 3 or 4 years Fitz has been doing this, he has had a lot of players up there to workout with him. He has had something good to say about every single one of them. Just sayin........

true...but im hoping bowe can step up similar to the way sidney rice did after attending this training last year

Ryfo18
07-22-2010, 06:47 PM

Who else has he said this about, and how did they perform that next season?

Drunker Hillbilly
07-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Come on.... Seriously bro, you listen to the same damn channels, radio and TV that I do. He says good things about every single player that trains with him every year. I have certainly not monitored all of the players but I do know Sidney Rice was up there with him last year and he had a good showing last season. I'm not all about Bowe like you are obviously but hope to be wrong. I just need to see if he can turn his game and attitude around before I think otherwise. By the way, I was not a fan when we drafted him just to be clear.

Austin Avalon
07-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Hey Sidney Rice went to this camp last year and look how he did. Granted he did have Brett Favre last year. Still, Brett can hit him right in the numbers with the softest pass ever he still has to catch the pass to do anything. Hopefully this works out the same.

Chiefster
07-24-2010, 02:45 AM

...Sounds about right.

chief31
07-24-2010, 10:03 PM

Come on.... Seriously bro, you listen to the same damn channels, radio and TV that I do. He says good things about every single player that trains with him every year. I have certainly not monitored all of the players but I do know Sidney Rice was up there with him last year and he had a good showing last season. I'm not all about Bowe like you are obviously but hope to be wrong. I just need to see if he can turn his game and attitude around before I think otherwise. By the way, I was not a fan when we drafted him just to be clear.

Easy there DH. I think he was actually just asking you a question, in hopes of some real input.

I don't think he does get the same amount of Fitz news as you, living in Arizona.

Defensive much? :D

Drunker Hillbilly
07-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Easy there DH. I think he was actually just asking you a question, in hopes of some real input.

I don't think he does get the same amount of Fitz news as you, living in Arizona.

Defensive much? :D
Not defensive at all actually. I was referring to the national media outlets when talking about hearing things. We don't really hear much of anything locally when he is in MN.
He has his opinions so I don't believe it's just a question. He seems knowledgeable enough and I'm sure keeps up on things. After all, he did start the thread!
Nosey much?:D

chief31
07-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Not defensive at all actually. I was referring to the national media outlets when talking about hearing things. We don't really hear much of anything locally when he is in MN.
He has his opinions so I don't believe it's just a question. He seems knowledgeable enough and I'm sure keeps up on things. After all, he did start the thread!
Nosey much?:D

Ah then, no answers for his question?

Not that I disagree with ya at all. It would be a big story if he had anything negative to say about someone who joined him for one of these 'workouts'. Very typical to speak highly of those who come to workout with ya.

But the question is valid, even if it was meant to be sarcastic. What kind of results have guys had after Fitz gives his praise?

I don't expect ya to bother going digging for the info or anything. Just thought, since you live in Az and mentioned that he has been doing the same thing for a few years, you might actually have some insight on the topic.

Ryfo18
07-25-2010, 01:49 PM
I really was just asking a question. I had no idea Bowe was even working out with him until I saw this. Actually had no idea Larry did this.

Drunker Hillbilly
07-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Ah then, no answers for his question?

Not that I disagree with ya at all. It would be a big story if he had anything negative to say about someone who joined him for one of these 'workouts'. Very typical to speak highly of those who come to workout with ya.

But the question is valid, even if it was meant to be sarcastic. What kind of results have guys had after Fitz gives his praise?

I don't expect ya to bother going digging for the info or anything. Just thought, since you live in Az and mentioned that he has been doing the same thing for a few years, you might actually have some insight on the topic.
Obviously you did not fully read post #13 where I mentioned Sidney Rice and him having a good season after working out with Fitz.:whipping1:

Chiefster
07-25-2010, 11:31 PM
I love this thread! :D

chief31
07-26-2010, 08:16 AM
Obviously you did not fully read post #13 where I mentioned Sidney Rice and him having a good season after working out with Fitz.:whipping1:

That was mentioned in post #11 and seein' as how post #11 mentioned that a couple of hours before this question was asked(at #12), and six hours before your reply, I would have to think that Rice would presumably be exempt.

"Ah, Bowe was one, and Rice was another. Who else has this happened with?"

Answer: "Sidney Rice"

See why someone would not expect that answer?

Anyway, I couldn't really find anything online to answer the question. But I wasn't about to spend several hours digging.

If anyone does have some other examples, I would be inerested in hearing about them.

But, the positive that I take from this for Bowe, is that he has shown a sincere interest in being a better WR. That would be the motivaion for any WR attending these voluntary workouts, it would seem.

It's a good sign. And Fitz' praise is too.

But, as previously stated, Fitz would likely have something positive to say about anyone who does attend. So it should probably be 'taken with a grain of salt'.

Drunker Hillbilly
07-26-2010, 10:41 AM
I typically don't read post after mine when someone reply's to one of mine so I did not see the prior mentioning Sidney Rice. Greg Jennings and Brandon Marshall have worked out with him before as well. Don't know their numbers off hand but are both good receivers and were prior to the work out. Jerry Rice and Cris Carter make regular appearences as well so you know there is some major talent at these workouts. Guys come in from week to week so there is a miriad of different receivers there throughout the entire camp.

The bottom line is this, if Bowe does not learn how to be more consistant when catching the ball and quit worrying about making just the spectacular catches, not only will he find himself on another team but he will find he roll deminished whereever he ends up end that could send him into a spiral again with his attitude. I think this camp may have helped him mentally and hopefully physically but if it hasn't, it would not surprise me to see him watching from the sidelines on another team at best within the next couple of years.

Ryfo18
07-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Just read this from Josh Looney:

"Say what you want about his off-season away from the field, but Bowe brought his A-Game today."

This is the year for him, wait and see.

yashi
07-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Many fantasy sites are talking about Bowe as a breakout candidate also.

stricken721
07-30-2010, 05:26 PM

"Say what you want about his off-season away from the field, but Bowe brought his A-Game today."

Definitely a good thing. But it's still early. Hopefully he will keep it up.

Chiefster
07-30-2010, 05:29 PM
From Josh Looney's latest tweet:

"Say what u want about his off-season away from the field but bowe brought his a-game today (via @JoshLooney (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney))"

Ryfo18
07-30-2010, 05:45 PM

From Josh Looney's latest tweet:

"Say what u want about his off-season away from the field but bowe brought his a-game today (via @JoshLooney (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney))"

I just made it a little more readable :D

Chiefster
07-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I just made it a little more readable :D

:lol:

Ya scooped me!

azchiefsfan
07-30-2010, 09:11 PM
I know the alchoholic mountain man (; from the Valley of H@ll disagrees with all this, but for the first time in a LOOOONNGGG time, I am getting the vibe that our guys finally believe in themselves and the team. The stars are finally aligning and I am getting giddy with anticipation for this season. I hope the O line has gone through a similar maturation as the D line. They are the key to this season.

Drunker Hillbilly
07-30-2010, 11:17 PM
I know the alchoholic mountain man (; from the Valley of H@ll disagrees with all this, but for the first time in a LOOOONNGGG time, I am getting the vibe that our guys finally believe in themselves and the team. The stars are finally aligning and I am getting giddy with anticipation for this season. I hope the O line has gone through a similar maturation as the D line. They are the key to this season.
I don't disagree with your vibes. You have the right have any vibes you want. I think our guys believe in themselves every year. At least until week 7!!:lol:

Connie Jo
07-31-2010, 01:11 AM
I agree with Chiefster...great thread! :)

The last 5 years of drafts there have been only two players I truly in my heart wanted to see drafted...Eric Berry & D Bowe...I'm batting a 1000! YEEHAW!

I like D Bowe, believe he is a talented WR, always have, just needs to work through some issues as most young players do. Also, I enjoy his sense of humor with a bit of intentional ego thrown in. He's one of my Facebook friends & he cracks me up with some of his posts. I like anyone who can make me laugh, hahaha. Besides, a sense of humor is an asset, including in the NFL, in my opinion that is, which may not be worth much, haha. :)

Ryfo18
07-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Kent Babb's turn to chime in:

"You know who looks really, really sharp so far in camp? Dwayne Bowe. It's early but he's doing some things right."

Austin Avalon
08-02-2010, 11:31 PM
He does seem to be a good guy at heart.

When I was at the Chiefs/Jags game last year I got next to the tunnel they were coming out of while they were coming in after warm-ups. Bowe was the last one coming in as I was snapping pics I yelled out "DBOWE." He looked up smiled, pointed, and said "What up?" I just thought it was cool since most players just look at you.

Coach
08-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Dbowe could be a top 5 receiver if he develops better hands. If he has less dropped passes this year, he could make the pro bowl.

Chiefster
08-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Dbowe could be a top 5 receiver if he develops better hands. If he has less dropped passes this year, he could make the pro bowl.

Been hearing good things about him from training camp this year. I hope that it carries over into the regular season.

tornadospotter
08-04-2010, 11:15 PM

That, I can agree to, O-Line may still be suspect, but I think the Defense and Special team will be able to help put the team in better position to win, this season.

stadw0n306
08-05-2010, 03:03 PM

this right here, im hoping for the best this year, nice to hear from a few of you that his camp has been going good so far, lets hope he continues that over to the reg season.

Pro_Angler
08-08-2010, 12:58 AM
He does seem to be a good guy at heart.

When I was at the Chiefs/Jags game last year I got next to the tunnel they were coming out of while they were coming in after warm-ups. Bowe was the last one coming in as I was snapping pics I yelled out "DBOWE." He looked up smiled, pointed, and said "What up?" I just thought it was cool since most players just look at you.

I was at the chargers chief game in san diego a few years ago when he caught that huge TD and blackledge got the fumble returen for a td.. I was in 2nd row right behind the chiefs bench, after the game Bowe jumped up into the stands with us for a few pics as well as blackledge. No one before or after signed autographs..
The year before dante hall was chatting with me while he was in the end zone catching warm up punts. I was on ESPN with a TY Lamar Hunt sign..

Austin Avalon
08-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Must be a number 82 thing then.

yashi
08-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Speaking of Bowe, I don't think it's been posted yet, but I read on Rotoworld that he showed up to camp this year at a svelte 210 lbs. Last year he showed up 240, so you have to believe this is a guy who is looking to get better.

Chiefster
08-11-2010, 02:34 AM
Good to know!