PDA

View Full Version : My crazy analogy related to football

refjaf55
07-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Today i was just randomly looking at videos on youtube and as always i usually put my thoughts on something in football terms. There was one video that really caught my attention for some reason. In this video, a turtle was trying to eat fish through a plastic bag, nothing would stop this turtle from giving up even though he kept failing. This plastic bag represents the defense and how sometimes you just need to keep on fighting even though you dont suceed because eventually the fish got out of the bag and the turtle took this oppurtunity to finish and eat the fish.

In order for us to win a good amount of games this year, we need to just keep on fighting bacause there will be tons of failure on this team. After a while though, the fish will be released from the bag and we will be able to throw a 80 yard touchdown pass.

after reading this you probably think i am some whack job , hey maybe i am, but i think this video has great meaning to the game of football

if you actually read down to this and want to see this video, here it is
YouTube- Insane Turtles at prey

stricken721
07-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Interesting.

Connie Jo
07-31-2010, 01:29 AM
Today i was just randomly looking at videos on youtube and as always i usually put my thoughts on something in football terms. There was one video that really caught my attention for some reason. In this video, a turtle was trying to eat fish through a plastic bag, nothing would stop this turtle from giving up even though he kept failing. This plastic bag represents the defense and how sometimes you just need to keep on fighting even though you dont suceed because eventually the fish got out of the bag and the turtle took this oppurtunity to finish and eat the fish.

In order for us to win a good amount of games this year, we need to just keep on fighting bacause there will be tons of failure on this team. After a while though, the fish will be released from the bag and we will be able to throw a 80 yard touchdown pass.

after reading this you probably think i am some whack job , hey maybe i am, but i think this video has great meaning to the game of football

if you actually read down to this and want to see this video, here it is
YouTube- Insane Turtles at prey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh7t-pl6QWE)

I've known many 'whacko's' in my life, including recently...so consider myself the closest thing to an expert, [without actually being an expert]...on identifying 'whacko's'. It's my almost expert opinion, that you aren't even close to being defined as a "whack job", LOL.

Seriously, I think that's an awesome analogy/comparison you came up with. Besides, I'd have to consider myself a "whack job" too, as I do the same thing often when watching video, movies, reading stories, etc.. Not always related to football though, rather life in general. Mother Nature, animal behavior (including human)...can teach us much about a variety of subjects...football would be no exception. :D

All that said, lol...I agree with your analogy, with exception that, I don't believe there will be "tons of failure on this team"...rather believe there will be some, but not a devastating amount of failure as in past seasons.

:chiefs:

Austin Avalon
08-02-2010, 11:58 PM
All that said, lol...I agree with your analogy, with exception that, I don't believe there will be "tons of failure on this team"...rather believe there will be some, but not a devastating amount of failure as in past seasons.

Agreed, the games we lose I think will be close. Maybe two blow outs at the most,

Just like what was it two years ago I think that all but a couple games we lost it was by like 10 or less. Most were in the final seconds. It was the year Tyler Thigpen took over cause Huard and Croyle were hurt.

refjaf55
08-18-2010, 09:10 PM
I've known many 'whacko's' in my life, including recently...so consider myself the closest thing to an expert, [without actually being an expert]...on identifying 'whacko's'. It's my almost expert opinion, that you aren't even close to being defined as a "whack job", LOL.

Seriously, I think that's an awesome analogy/comparison you came up with. Besides, I'd have to consider myself a "whack job" too, as I do the same thing often when watching video, movies, reading stories, etc.. Not always related to football though, rather life in general. Mother Nature, animal behavior (including human)...can teach us much about a variety of subjects...football would be no exception. :D

:chiefs:

thanks for the support