PDA

View Full Version : Berry's Character

Ryfo18
07-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Just wanted to show anyone who didn't see what Berry's been up to at training camp. All of these are tweets from Kent Babb:

"Flanked by Scott Pioli, Eric Berry is carrying Dwayne Bowe's pads up the hill."

"Berry:'yesterday was the first practice I ever missed in my whole life. It kind of hurt me.'"

"Chiefs CB Brandon Flowers said Berry apologized to the team for missing yesterday's practice."

"Berry: 'I know I passed the conditioning test. That was pretty easy, actually.'"

yashi
07-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Eric Berry carried Bowe's pads, and Dez Bryant refused to carry a vet's pads, even though he was drafted 19 spots later. Nice to see that we still put emphasis on getting high character guys even with a whole new regime.

jacko58
07-31-2010, 04:44 PM
all our draft picks are high character i love it berrys gonna be a stud and is already the highest paid safety ever and still is humble enough to apologies for missing a practice and carrying bowes pads and leggets helmet that shows eric berry is gonna be a team guy it gives me goosebumps cant we skip preseason and start the season lol

Jimpac
07-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Emmit will give his players the very best coaching in their lives!

Return to the domination is just around the corner!

Best player in the draft Eric Berry ~ how sweet IT IS!

Jimpac
07-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Anthony Pleasant will push the D line to the next step.

Romeo will kill the Bolts right out of the gate on MNF!

stricken721
07-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Gotta love our guys. Eric Berry has been a class act.

loyalchief91
07-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Yup, Berry is a class act.

Drunker Hillbilly
07-31-2010, 06:13 PM
$34 million........he better carry some dang pads!!!! LOL

#58ChiefsFan
07-31-2010, 07:25 PM
That's awesome.

You have to give some credit to Pioli as well, he understands the level of character the Chiefs organization has a tradition of.

Best of luck to Eric, I'm glad he is here.

otf
07-31-2010, 08:07 PM
Best player in the draft Eric Berry
Wishful thinking... Berry is not Ronnie Lott, Jack Tatum or Steve Atwater and will not do much to help you run defense which is as bad as my Raiders.

This is no different then us drafting Huff in 2006 and ignoring our run defense. Berry may not be as bad as Huff was/is at missing tackles but he sure did miss his share.

Personally I am glad you ignored your Oline and Dline because that puts you another year away from competing.

#58ChiefsFan
07-31-2010, 08:44 PM
Ignored the lines huh? The names Weis and Crennel ring a bell?? Both are talent developers that don't need big name players to make a successful unit. Will we win the superbowl this year, no. Are we better off than we were a year ago, yes. Oh yeah the raiders suck too FYI :chiefs:

otf
07-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Ignored the lines huh? The names Weis and Crennel ring a bell?? Both are talent developers that don't need big name players to make a successful unit. Will we win the superbowl this year, no. Are we better off than we were a year ago, yes. Oh yeah the raiders suck too FYI :chiefs:
While Weis and Crennel are large enough to play Oline... I doubt they will be much better then the sub-par players you had playing last year.

The Raiders have ignored their Oline for the most part since 2004 and we are still paying for it. Thus your "Raiders suck" has been true.

Which is the same thing your Chiefs are doing now. Alberts is not a starting LT although I think he would make a great OG. At any rate we are all entitled to our own opinions and we will see soon enough.

Ryfo18
07-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Wishful thinking... Berry is not Ronnie Lott, Jack Tatum or Steve Atwater and will not do much to help you run defense which is as bad as my Raiders.

This is no different then us drafting Huff in 2006 and ignoring our run defense. Berry may not be as bad as Huff was/is at missing tackles but he sure did miss his share.

Personally I am glad you ignored your Oline and Dline because that puts you another year away from competing.

I guess we'll just see won't we? Personally I'm glad you ignored your receivers because they are the worst in the league. Good luck passing against us this year.

Pro_Angler
07-31-2010, 09:15 PM

Typical Faider TROLL!!! Your ignorant!!! Go hand out with your homees and shut up!!!

otf
07-31-2010, 09:15 PM
I guess we'll just see won't we? Personally I'm glad you ignored your receivers because they are the worst in the league. Good luck passing against us this year.
You had average WRs yet one of the best offenses not too long ago when Holmes was running wild. Does that mean we can be as good? Nope, but it shows that you can have a good offense and be effective without great WRs.

otf
07-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Typical Faider TROLL!!! Your ignorant!!! Go hand out with your homees and shut up!!!
Troll? Stating ones opinion is trolling?

I didn't call anyone names, did nothing trollish unless disagreeing with a homeristic view is being a troll.

Ok, explain how I am ignorant? Go watch the Alabama vs Tennessee game and you see Berry miss at least 3 tackles. So then please show me one game where Lott or any of the truly great Safeties missed 3 tackles in college.

Three7s
07-31-2010, 09:58 PM
He's not trolling guys, and while I worry a lot about our run-defense, I think our O-line did get improved dramatically. Lilja and Asamoah are gonna be huge for it.

Not to mention, the blitz destroyed us last year because we had no running threat or dangerous WR. We got Charles now, so the O-line should look better just from that.

You got us on the run-D though.

honda522
07-31-2010, 10:26 PM
That is one of the many reasons why I like Berry.

stricken721
07-31-2010, 10:31 PM

Listen... One of our Coordinators, take your pick, on his left hand has more rings than your whole coaching staff combined. I think our coaches know what they're doing. I'm not saying you're a troll.. just sharing MY opinion.

otf
07-31-2010, 10:31 PM
He's not trolling guys, and while I worry a lot about our run-defense, I think our O-line did get improved dramatically. Lilja and Asamoah are gonna be huge for it.

Not to mention, the blitz destroyed us last year because we had no running threat or dangerous WR. We got Charles now, so the O-line should look better just from that.

You got us on the run-D though.Asamoah will be very good IMO however he is a year away. We ignored our Oline needs as well because Veldheer and Campbell are a year away as well.

I do like what we did to fix our run defense because Morrison was bad.

It all is yet to be seen how things end up but for the first time in years I don't see San Diego as guaranteed to win the AFC West. I do think both of our teams have done more to improve then Den and SD. In fact I see both of those teams doing all they can to self destruct.

At any rate O'Kung would have made more of an impact then Berry.

O'kung - Asamoah - ??? - Lilja - Albert would have made you offense look very good next year. Left out Wiegmann because I don't see him playing past this year.

Pro_Angler
07-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Troll? Stating ones opinion is trolling?

I didn't call anyone names, did nothing trollish unless disagreeing with a homeristic view is being a troll.

Ok, explain how I am ignorant? Go watch the Alabama vs Tennessee game and you see Berry miss at least 3 tackles. So then please show me one game where Lott or any of the truly great Safeties missed 3 tackles in college.
You have no buisiness coming in here even opening your ignorant FAIDER big mouth.. that makw you a TROLL.

otf
07-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Listen... One of our Coordinators, take your pick, on his left hand has more rings than your whole coaching staff combined. I think our coaches know what they're doing. I'm not saying you're a troll.. just sharing MY opinion.
Which Coordinator has more the 7 Super Bowl Rings on his left hand?

Willie Brown - 1 as a player, 2 as a coach (All Raiders)
Mike Waufle - 1(Giants)
John Marshall - 2 (Both with SF)
Paul Hackett - 1 (SF)

Pro_Angler
07-31-2010, 10:52 PM
excuse me but am I in the faider forum talking chit about thier players , coaches?? no im not that would make me a troll like him!! just ban him obviously he just came in here to start a e-fight.

stricken721
07-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Which Coordinator has more the 7 Super Bowl Rings on his left hand?

Willie Brown - 1 as a player, 2 as a coach (All Raiders)
Mike Waufle - 1(Giants)
John Marshall - 2 (Both with SF)
Paul Hackett - 1 (SF)

I took it a little far as to say on one hand. But all I have to list is two..

Rome Crennel has 5 (NYG, NE)
Charle Weis has 4 (NYG, NE)

..and none of those were as a player.

stricken721
07-31-2010, 11:00 PM
excuse me but am I in the faider forum talking chit about thier players , coaches?? no im not that would make me a troll like him!! just ban him obviously he just came in here to start a e-fight.

He hasn't done anything to be banned. He's just arguing like we do amongst ourselves sometimes. He hasn't been intentionally disrespectful to anybody.. right now we're just arguing about rings. Nobody is being rude.. so as far as I see it, it's fine.

But I do agree we need to go back on topic, which is Eric Berry's character.

#58ChiefsFan
07-31-2010, 11:31 PM
At any rate O'Kung would have made more of an impact then Berry.

O'kung - Asamoah - ??? - Lilja - Albert would have made you offense look very good next year. Left out Wiegmann because I don't see him playing past this year.

You should send a resume into arrowhead.

Based on track record I am going to have to go with Pioli on drafting Berry though. :D

tornadospotter
07-31-2010, 11:37 PM
:sign0087: now :focus: or be :ban: :efpge:

otf
07-31-2010, 11:45 PM
You should send a resume into arrowhead.

Based on track record I am going to have to go with Pioli on drafting Berry though. :D
No thanks, could never be a Chief...

Berry does seem to have great character, we will have to see if that translates to being a great football player.

tornadospotter
07-31-2010, 11:45 PM
I am liking Berry more and more that I read about him, yes I wanted Suh, but also knew he would not be there when we drafted, so Berry was a good pick. Type of Character a player has is important to me, so far, we have got some good ones.

stricken721
07-31-2010, 11:50 PM
I am liking Berry more and more that I read about him, yes I wanted Suh, but also knew he would not be there when we drafted, so Berry was a good pick. Type of Character a player has is important to me, so far, we have got some good ones.

I agree. When they have great character it goes a long way. As well as being a good football player.

slc chief
08-01-2010, 12:01 AM
berry is hungry to be a great nfl football player not average but great.that goes along way especially when you have the athletic talent that he does.there is no doubt he will learn a ton from emmit and crennel and be a pro bowl safety for many years to come .

Chiefster
08-01-2010, 03:55 AM
I really like this kid!

Chiefster
08-01-2010, 03:57 AM
$34 million........he better carry some dang pads!!!! LOL

:lol:

Good point.

chief31
08-01-2010, 02:29 PM

No matter what team he roots for, he has respected the rules of the site, so far.

Otf...While I agree that we should have addressed our run defense and O-line far more agressively, I have to believe that Weiss' quick passing game, and the early selection of a slot WR-type player suggests a lesser need for lengthy QB protection.

It puts alot more responsibilty on the QB, and I don't agree with the notion overall. But, if Cassel is capable of making the adjustments, then it will have seriously countered the need for top-flight pass protectors.

As far as run defense, by not making serious aquisitions in that area, the pressure falls heavily onto Romeo Crennel to use his LBs very, very wisely.

We have a very accomplished coaching staff. We will just have to wait and see if they can make something from, what appears to be nothing.

Chiefster
08-02-2010, 12:35 AM

No matter what team he roots for, he has respected the rules of the site, so far...

Exactly; from what I've seen he is merely stating an opposing opinion with respect to board rules. I think that perhaps a thicker skin here my be in order here.

KottkeKU
08-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I think your wrong Raider Fan, I think we did make improvements along both O and D Line... Lilja + Weigman + Asamoah on offense, all of which will be capable of starting a few games this year. Asamoah may come on late and replace Waters imo...

D Line we added Shaun Smith at Nose Tackle, and Crennel + another year in the 3-4 for both rookie T.Jackson and basically rookie g.dorsey (it was his first year in a 3-4 last year..) will make our D Line a lot better.

Plus, football is a team sport. our offense is going to be on the field twice as much this year, which will also help out the defensive stats.

Your not being a troll, just a raider fan. A lot more classy than most raider fans from my experience. but i still don't get the whole "im a raider fan signing up on a chief website" thing... i mean the only real reason to do something like that is to stir up chiefs fans by saying your raiders are ______. I just don't get that lol. but hey, to each his own.

say what you want, but KC still finishes better than OAK this year : )

KCINNYC
08-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Speaking of Berry anyone catch what he did on his FIRST practice? There was a huge fight that broke out because someone slammed Jammal Charles to the ground after a play, which ticked off the offense and especially Matt Cassel. Cassel goes into the middle of the scuffle all heated...and Berry, reckognizing that he is the Quarterback of our team, grabbed Cassel and pulled him out of the fight. Impressed coaches and players after practice called Berry's actions "a veteran move"

That is class.

Austin Avalon
08-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Everything I've read about this guy shows he has a great attitude and has a good head on his shoulders. Listening to his interviews he comes across as intelligent also. I prefer players who aren't headaches anyway. Good character goes a long way.

As for bolstering our lines, well we had that chance in the draft. Remember we had Berry AND Okung when our time was up. But both positions were a need and both good players. But hey, Berry is one of them talents that you just can't pass up. We did also get a new tight end that can help with blocking also.

PawnshopMarimba
08-03-2010, 02:29 PM
No matter what team he roots for, he has respected the rules of the site, so far.

Otf...While I agree that we should have addressed our run defense and O-line far more agressively, I have to believe that Weiss' quick passing game, and the early selection of a slot WR-type player suggests a lesser need for lengthy QB protection.

It puts alot more responsibilty on the QB, and I don't agree with the notion overall. But, if Cassel is capable of making the adjustments, then it will have seriously countered the need for top-flight pass protectors.

As far as run defense, by not making serious aquisitions in that area, the pressure falls heavily onto Romeo Crennel to use his LBs very, very wisely.

We have a very accomplished coaching staff. We will just have to wait and see if they can make something from, what appears to be nothing.

As usual, you hit the nail right on the head.

SAPHOJUNKIE
08-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I think your wrong Raider Fan, I think we did make improvements along both O and D Line... Lilja + Weigman + Asamoah on offense, all of which will be capable of starting a few games this year. Asamoah may come on late and replace Waters imo...

D Line we added Shaun Smith at Nose Tackle, and Crennel + another year in the 3-4 for both rookie T.Jackson and basically rookie g.dorsey (it was his first year in a 3-4 last year..) will make our D Line a lot better.

Plus, football is a team sport. our offense is going to be on the field twice as much this year, which will also help out the defensive stats.

Your not being a troll, just a raider fan. A lot more classy than most raider fans from my experience. but i still don't get the whole "im a raider fan signing up on a chief website" thing... i mean the only real reason to do something like that is to stir up chiefs fans by saying your raiders are ______. I just don't get that lol. but hey, to each his own.

The best thing we did for the defensive line was to add Romeo Crennel, who came up as a defensive line coach for Parcells, and then Anthony Pleasant, who actually played on the Pats super bowl d-line.

As Tyson Jackson is hitting the weight room HARD (by all accounts), we should expect to see a jump in play.

TJ and Dorsey were both consensus top defensive linemen. They need to be coached up, even though they're top -5 picks.

What were the chiefs supposed to do to improve their d-line? Draft ANOTHER top 5 pick? No. You have to coach, teach, instruct the young players you already have.

there's going to be a massive improvement on the D.

Canada
08-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Everything I've read about this guy shows he has a great attitude and has a good head on his shoulders. Listening to his interviews he comes across as intelligent also. I prefer players who aren't headaches anyway. Good character goes a long way.

As for bolstering our lines, well we had that chance in the draft. Remember we had Berry AND Okung when our time was up. But both positions were a need and both good players. But hey, Berry is one of them talents that you just can't pass up. We did also get a new tight end that can help with blocking also.

We made the right choice, Berry is in Training Camp and Okung is holding out. :bananen_smilies046:

otf
08-03-2010, 09:26 PM

Dorsey is a UT just like Sapp, not made for DE in a 3-4.

I sign up on rival boards to engage in discussions about my team as well as the rival. Where else can I learn about the Chiefs? I like knowing more about the rivals then what I see twice a year so not only do I watch games, I like to discuss with the fans who know more than me about their team.

So when I post my opinion, I see it as that my opinion and depend upon those who know the team a chance to offer their opinion. It is all subjective anyway because we all think our team is better then they are but I find it entertaining to learn.

Three7s
08-03-2010, 09:48 PM
^I agree with you completely, but just letting you know that Bush>McFadden!

Connie Jo
08-03-2010, 10:00 PM

Well, I learned a very long time ago, that I can put my hand in my mouth fairly easily, but my foot doesn't fit very well at all. That said, I assume from your post above, that you've not learned the same lesson yet...it's okay, takes some of us a little longer than others to learn lifes lessons. Well, either that or, your foot does fit easily into your mouth and you're not worried about sticking it there when proven wrong. :D

Coach
08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
The best thing we did for the defensive line was to add Romeo Crennel, who came up as a defensive line coach for Parcells, and then Anthony Pleasant, who actually played on the Pats super bowl d-line.

As Tyson Jackson is hitting the weight room HARD (by all accounts), we should expect to see a jump in play.

TJ and Dorsey were both consensus top defensive linemen. They need to be coached up, even though they're top -5 picks.

What were the chiefs supposed to do to improve their d-line? Draft ANOTHER top 5 pick? No. You have to coach, teach, instruct the young players you already have.

there's going to be a massive improvement on the D.

Sums up my thoughts exactly. Our team had many holes. Too many to fix in one draft. I think it was time to see what Crennel could do with this group of 1st round draft picks(Dorsey, Jackson, Hali, DJ, Berry).
If it turns out that Crennel doesn't improve this group, then expect to see more DL picks early in the draft next year. I think we had to see what we had under Crennel's system before spending another Top 5 pick on a Defensive tackle. At least I'm guessing that was the logic.

Chiefster
08-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Agreed; too many holes to fill in one off season let alone one draft. I'm highly interested to see what Crennel will do with our current defensive roster.

otf
08-04-2010, 12:11 PM
^I agree with you completely, but just letting you know that Bush>McFadden!
I agree...

bbacker51
08-04-2010, 12:28 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Chiefs can stop (or atleast slow it down) this year. I'm sure we'll see some more sacks, but not too many if everyone is running all over us like a syrup on pancakes.

kilobytes
08-05-2010, 11:13 PM
We will see if this is the real him this season. Could be happy because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and that puts him in a good mood to do these things....just throwing that out there. I'm not sold yet..

stevenharvey11
08-10-2010, 03:47 PM
We will see if this is the real him this season. Could be happy because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and that puts him in a good mood to do these things....just throwing that out there. I'm not sold yet..

Money will not change Eric Berry. He has been this way since he has been at (the real) UT. Parents did an amazing job raising him and his younger twin brothers. His father was also a Vol and class act. KC is lucky to have him. Even though I live in TN I don't pull for the Titans because they really aren't an original TN team and west, middle, and east TN are very, very different. I said whoever Berry went to, that would be my new favorite team since I didn't have one. During the draft process everyone was basically saying Chiefs and Browns. I was hoping and praying it was the Chiefs who drafted him. Always respected the tradition, stadium, fans, and organization as a whole. Proud to be a Chiefs fan.

Pro_Angler
08-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Money will not change Eric Berry. He has been this way since he has been at (the real) UT. Parents did an amazing job raising him and his younger twin brothers. His father was also a Vol and class act. KC is lucky to have him. Even though I live in TN I don't pull for the Titans because they really aren't an original TN team and west, middle, and east TN are very, very different. I said whoever Berry went to, that would be my new favorite team since I didn't have one. During the draft process everyone was basically saying Chiefs and Browns. I was hoping and praying it was the Chiefs who drafted him. Always respected the tradition, stadium, fans, and organization as a whole. Proud to be a Chiefs fan.

Welcome to the revolution..3 championships in the next ten years..believe it!!!!!!!!!

Pro_Angler
08-10-2010, 04:00 PM

Welcome to the revolution..3 championships in the next ten years... Believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevenharvey11
08-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the revolution..3 championships in the next ten years..believe it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man.

Canada
08-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks man.Welcome to the Crowd!! :bananen_smilies046:

stevenharvey11
08-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the Crowd!! :bananen_smilies046:
Appreciate it.

yashi
08-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Appreciate it.

Yeah man. Berry is quickly becoming the most popular player on the team. I've heard multiple people say that he stays longer than any other player signing autographs every day, and the fans at training camp go absolutely berserk every time he makes a play.

I'm so glad he's a Chief. I've been wanting us to draft him since before the 2009 season started. I love those Ed Reed-type safeties. And it sounds like he's a better tackler than Reed.

stevenharvey11
08-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah man. Berry is quickly becoming the most popular player on the team. I've heard multiple people say that he stays longer than any other player signing autographs every day, and the fans at training camp go absolutely berserk every time he makes a play.

I'm so glad he's a Chief. I've been wanting us to draft him since before the 2009 season started. I love those Ed Reed-type safeties. And it sounds like he's a better tackler than Reed.

He is an amazing player, and a better person. It was quite an experience to hear 100,000 fans at Neyland Stadium chant E-RIC BER-RY E-RIC BER-RY. He was by far the most beloved Vol since Peyton. Tennessee is kind of split as far as who it roots for in the pros though. The southern part of TN is close to GA, therefore they are alot of Falcons fans. Middle TN is mostly Titans fans. Some eastern TN folks are Panthers fans. West TN is almost like its another state and their affiliations are numerous. Alot of UT fans are Colts fans because of Peyton. Now I would venture that Eric will make some turn their attention to the Chiefs franchise. It's a good thing. Us southern people are crazy about our football.