PDA

View Full Version : How important is the NFL to you?

Scout200
08-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Some people live and breath the NFL... How important is the NFL to you?

-Scout

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=c76cf8fe9f&view=att&th=129aededf24d6dad&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gbcp5v1v0&zw

kckidd8870
08-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Very important,I don't know what I would do without my Chiefs football or watching us spank The Bolts ,Faiders ,Donks.Go Chiefs.

yashi
08-03-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm like a crack addict when it comes to my football.

During the season, all I can think about is how much I can't until Sunday to get my fix.

In the offseason, I'm just scouring for any tidbit of news or information to get me to the next day.. then repeat, and repeat, and repeat. Eventually, it's finally football season.

I'm reading about it, writing about it, talking about it all year long.

Hayvern
08-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Eh, I like it and enjoy talking about the Chiefs, but that is the only team I care about. I know some of the players on other teams, and I always research players that come up possible additions to out team, but I cannot provide an in-depth analysis of other teams like I can the Chiefs, I just don't have that type of time.

If the Chiefs aren't playing, I tend to do things with my family instead.

Canada
08-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Its no CFL, but its alright!!:D

N TX Dave
08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I used to live and die with the Chiefs back in the 90's when Marty was here. When the Chiefs won I was in a good mood all week and when they lost I was a grouch. But after the last few years I have learned to not let it effect my moods win or lose. I expect them to lose and when they win I am a happy camper. I have decided that there is more to life than a team that plays a game. Don't get me wrong I still love my Chiefs and always will but life will go on if they win or lose.

Ryfo18
08-03-2010, 02:28 PM
The NFL is practically my life. I love football. During the season if there is a game on, I make it a priority to watch. I have 9 fantasy football teams. I follow the news as close as possible all the time. I write for a fantasy football website.

It's starting to shape my life haha.

stricken721
08-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Between February and late July is the longest part of the year, and it seems it will never end. I love football, I don't know anything else I care this passionately about. It's an everyday thing.. Madden, Chiefs Crowd, Websites, Books, I can't get enough.

Connie Jo
08-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Some people live and breath the NFL... How important is the NFL to you?

-Scout

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/08/19.jpg

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but when I read your question my very first thought was...'is this a trick question?'...lol.

Since my Chiefs are an NFL franchise, my answer is very important. As important as my kids & grandkids, family & friends...nope, of course not...but the Chiefs/NFL are a very part of who I am in heart, as a person. My dad became a fan when the Chiefs moved to KC in 1963...I was raised a Chiefs fan more or less. It's like any thing else one is brought up with...a family tradition, becomes a part of who you are. I can't imagine my life without the Chiefs/NFL.

I don't get into all the other sports, but I'm in my 40th year as a Chief fan. I say 40th because it was when the Chiefs won Super Bowl IV, as I watched with my dad & brothers, that I first realized I was a fan...I'd been transfused, my blood was red & gold, hahaha.

I've raised my kids & grandkids the same...as Chiefs fans. My kids are not as 'in to it' as I am, but they're loyal Chiefs fans for life.

KCINNYC
08-03-2010, 09:33 PM
On Sundays I give my respects and thanks to God in the morning, and the rest of the day I devote to my Chiefs. Chiefs aren't number 1, but they are by far second.

slc chief
08-03-2010, 09:47 PM
about a 130$ a month to direct tv for the sunday ticket.

slc chief
08-03-2010, 09:48 PM

lol that is funny they havn't discontinued that league yet

tornadospotter
08-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Football! Chiefs! NFL! Not hockey! That is what cfl is? Isn't it, what is cfl? :sFl_canada2::D

I love the Chiefs, and they play in the NFL, so Chiefs football is very important to me. I live in Nebraska, and love the Nebraska Cornhuskers, So Husker football is important to me. But none of them, are more important to me than, family, and friends, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the most important. Chiefs are number 4, Husker Football number 5.

Number 1 thru 3 are more important to me. Than the NFL could ever be. Good friends, are considered to be family by me.

chief31
08-03-2010, 11:10 PM
I am not sure it is important to me.

I enjoy The NFL alot. I would even enjoy it if I had no team. But in all actuallity, I have a job and kids that I consider important to me.

The NFL is really just entertainment.

That doesn't mean that I don't spend a whole lot of time with it. Because I do. But I don't put it on a list of things that I consider important.

Chiefster
08-03-2010, 11:29 PM

Yeah, it's no AFL but it'll do. :lol:

AussieChiefsFan
08-04-2010, 02:52 AM
Very important,I don't know what I would do without my Chiefs football or watching us spank The Bolts ,Faiders ,Donks.Go Chiefs.
Exactly what i think! Chiefs are the best I my life wouldn't be like it is without the NFL and KC!!!!!! :D:D

stadw0n306
08-05-2010, 01:04 AM
football is life!!! haha :chiefs:

Scout200
08-05-2010, 04:01 PM

Ha, nice!

Scout200
08-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah.. the NFL is definitely peaking my interest! In the past, I wouldn't say it was of any importance in the past but am finding myself becoming more fascinated...

-Scout

KCINNYC
08-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah.. the NFL is definitely peaking my interest! In the past, I wouldn't say it was of any importance in the past but am finding myself becoming more fascinated...

-Scout

Youre just now becoming more fascinated? Welcome to American football, which is one part chess, one part Gladiator, one part an army, and one part those who see the value in the first three. It is the greatest sport ever. In my humble opinion of course:)

LargoChief
08-05-2010, 11:06 PM
We love it. My wife and I go to more Hockey than football games since we live in Florida and go see the Lightning. I put a bar in my garage with three T.V.'s so she can watch her Browns, I have the Chiefs and whoever else is over gets their game. It is nice however to sit at a beach bar and watch the game!!

tornadospotter
08-06-2010, 09:15 PM
We love it. My wife and I go to more Hockey than football games since we live in Florida and go see the Lightning. I put a bar in my garage with three T.V.'s so she can watch her Browns, I have the Chiefs and whoever else is over gets their game. It is nice however to sit at a beach bar and watch the game!!
I want to come over! If I do, that would be two TV's showing the Chiefs! :chiefs:
How to get there might be a problem.:11:

Vanilla Garilla
08-07-2010, 09:24 AM

Same here buddy. Its soooo worth it though.