PDA

View Full Version : I have VIP Tent access from Chiefs for Monday's camp...

Connie Jo
08-05-2010, 01:36 PM
I received a "Congrats" email from the Chiefs organization this morning, telling me I am one of 150 fans invited to attend a VIP Tent Chiefs Training Camp Monday morning August 9th, 8:30 to 11:00 AM, tent access at 8:00 AM. I am allowed to bring one guest with me.

The email says my VIP Tent access credentials and a parking pass will be mailed to me, as well as refreshments served in the VIP tent.

I would be very excited, with exception I have no guest to go with me, nor transportation to St. Joseph. I can hitch a ride with my son to work Monday morning, which is to Atchison, on the way to St. Joe...but he can't go with me to camp, has to work...same with my daughter, etc..

Any one here want to be my guest...pick me up Monday morning in Atchison, KS...go with me to attend the Chiefs VIP
Tent gathering and training camp?...drop me back off in Atchison at my son's work, then I can hitch a ride with him on his way back home after work.

Chiefster
08-05-2010, 02:41 PM
I wished I could Connie, but I won't have a Monday off until the 23rd.

Sn@keIze
08-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I received a "Congrats" email from the Chiefs organization this morning, telling me I am one of 150 fans invited to attend a VIP Tent Chiefs Training Camp Monday morning August 9th, 8:30 to 11:00 AM, tent access at 8:00 AM. I am allowed to bring one guest with me.

The email says my VIP Tent access credentials and a parking pass will be mailed to me, as well as refreshments served in the VIP tent.

I would be very excited, with exception I have no guest to go with me, nor transportation to St. Joseph. I can hitch a ride with my son to work Monday morning, which is to Atchison, on the way to St. Joe...but he can't go with me to camp, has to work...same with my daughter, etc..

Any one here want to be my guest...pick me up Monday morning in Atchison, KS...go with me to attend the Chiefs VIP
Tent gathering and training camp?...drop me back off in Atchison at my son's work, then I can hitch a ride with him on his way back home after work.
Connie if i can get off work monday i am so there. i will let you know tonite. i dont get off work till 1230 am tho :(

Connie Jo
08-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Connie if i can get off work monday i am so there. i will let you know tonite. i dont get off work till 1230 am tho :(

Okay Sn@keIze (Beau), I don't have anyone else taking me up on the offer, so will consider the first to show interest in going with having the first opportunity. I'll hold off accepting anothers interest until I hear back from you whether you can or can't go.

Your wife won't take issue with you going with me will she? LOL Please be sure she knows I'm an almost 54 yr old honorable grandma, with a two kids around your age, and I promise I won't sexually attack you, hahaha. :D

Connie Jo
08-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I wished I could Connie, but I won't have a Monday off until the 23rd.

Thanks, I understand totally, and if I had a job, I wouldn't be able to go either. Which...I wish I had a job! :)

Connie Jo
08-05-2010, 07:04 PM
WOW! That was QUICK! I received the email this morning letting me know I was one of 150 fans given VIP Camp access on Monday, they said the VIP credentials & parking pass would be mailed to my address on file. Well, they arrived in todays mail!! AWESOME! :)

Chiefster
08-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks, I understand totally, and if I had a job, I wouldn't be able to go either. Which...I wish I had a job! :)

I hear ya sister!

Sn@keIze
08-06-2010, 02:52 AM
Sorry Connie.

I just couldnt get monday off. :(

bigpoppachief
08-06-2010, 02:53 AM
If i was there I would call in lol

Connie Jo
08-06-2010, 03:20 AM
Sorry Connie.

I just couldnt get monday off. :(

Oh, I totally understand. Hopefully someone will be able to go. My son likely would let borrow one of his vehicles to go alone...but he's damn picky about his vehicles, & I'd be intimidated driving one, hahaha. With my luck I'd end up having a fender bender, haha. More than anything, I hate to see an unused VIP pass not used by someone!

Connie Jo
08-06-2010, 03:37 AM
This brings to mind another issue I face...the majority of my Chiefs friends are guys, the majority with girlfriends or married, and the majority don't know me. Most women aren't gonna be okay with their guys attending events with another woman, regardless of who she is, how old, whatever the circumstances.

My German Chiefs buddy, Robert, his wife knew me before he did, so was always comfortable with letting Robert & I go places together without her. He's back visiting with her now, but he flies back to Germany tomorrow morning...otherwise he would go with me.

My Chiefs friend Kelly lives in Wisconsin, too far away. As of a couple weeks ago, he had plans to be in Canton all weekend for the HOF Inductions, with some of his football buddies he works with.

Shoot, there aren't any diehard Chiefs friends locally, but even if there were...Monday is a work day for most.

Hayvern
08-06-2010, 05:24 AM
This brings to mind another issue I face...the majority of my Chiefs friends are guys, the majority with girlfriends or married, and the majority don't know me. Most women aren't gonna be okay with their guys attending events with another woman, regardless of who she is, how old, whatever the circumstances.

My German Chiefs buddy, Robert, his wife knew me before he did, so was always comfortable with letting Robert & I go places together without her. He's back visiting with her now, but he flies back to Germany tomorrow morning...otherwise he would go with me.

My Chiefs friend Kelly lives in Wisconsin, too far away. As of a couple weeks ago, he had plans to be in Canton all weekend for the HOF Inductions, with some of his football buddies he works with.

Shoot, there aren't any diehard Chiefs friends locally, but even if there were...Monday is a work day for most.

I am blessed to be married to one of the most awesome women in the world in this regard. She has complete trust in me as I do with her.

I am not in KC though, :-(

Sn@keIze
08-06-2010, 08:02 AM
If i was there I would call in lol
that thought has crossed my mind.

but to be realistic and considering other factors..

this is a luxury i just am going to have to miss.

If i got off work i would get it with pay and without accountablity.

GlennBree
08-06-2010, 08:15 AM
ohhhhh how I wish I didn't live in Texas right now Connie!!!

yashi
08-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Hope you find someone to go with. Sounds like a blast!

N TX Dave
08-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I guarantee you I would drive down and pick you up to get into the VIP tent I just would not volunteer to my wife you were a women just that I was going with another Chiefs fan if she asked I would tell her though lol I think she trusts me after 41 years.

yashi
08-06-2010, 01:08 PM
I guarantee you I would drive down and pick you up to get into the VIP tent I just would not volunteer to my wife you were a women just that I was going with another Chiefs fan if she asked I would tell her though lol I think she trusts me after 41 years.

I'd say you're a little too pot committed at that point for her to worry about you doing anything silly. :D

OPLookn
08-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Connie if no one has taken you up on that guest spot I took Monday off before you posted and it sounds like an awesome chance to see our 2010 Chiefs!

Connie Jo
08-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Connie if no one has taken you up on that guest spot I took Monday off before you posted and it sounds like an awesome chance to see our 2010 Chiefs!

No, no one has taken me up on the offer yet, do you wanna go?

If you're more comfortable meeting me in St. Joe, rather than picking me up in Atchison, or it's more convenient for you...I can try & borrow one of my son's vehicles, since I can't drive my truck right now...then meet you in St. Joe. I only have one parking pass for the close parking, which they charge $10 for, but with the pass they gave me there's no charge. If we met in St. Joe, we would have two vehicles, one of us could park in the free parking lot, then drive in one vehicle to the closer parking lot I have the pass for.

I just go with the flow & be happy, haha...so whatever is convenient & comfortable for you is good by me.

Connie Jo
08-06-2010, 07:08 PM

LOL I know you would go with me, and I appreciate that.

I think the problem for most women is it's not they don't trust their hubbies, rather don't trust other women, for good reason! haha I realize it takes two, but judging from those I've known in life personally...men are more trust worthy overall than women.

I hate to say this about my own gender, but women I think are more selfish, calculating, manipulating, using, etc.. I know men like that too, just saying I've known more women like that than men in my lifetime.

OPLookn
08-07-2010, 11:33 AM
No, no one has taken me up on the offer yet, do you wanna go?

If you're more comfortable meeting me in St. Joe, rather than picking me up in Atchison, or it's more convenient for you...I can try & borrow one of my son's vehicles, since I can't drive my truck right now...then meet you in St. Joe. I only have one parking pass for the close parking, which they charge $10 for, but with the pass they gave me there's no charge. If we met in St. Joe, we would have two vehicles, one of us could park in the free parking lot, then drive in one vehicle to the closer parking lot I have the pass for.

I just go with the flow & be happy, haha...so whatever is convenient & comfortable for you is good by me.

I'd love to go! I can pick you up at Atchison and we can go up from there. We can exchange information thru private messages and what not. SOOOOO excited!!

Canada
08-07-2010, 11:53 AM
I'll go if someone can swing by and pick me up!!

Connie Jo
08-07-2010, 01:51 PM
I'd love to go! I can pick you up at Atchison and we can go up from there. We can exchange information thru private messages and what not. SOOOOO excited!!

YEEHAW!! I'll PM you my cell number. :)

The only thing is, last night I remembered a while back someone told me that hwy 45 West of Weston to Iatan Power Plant is closed, bridge reconstruction. Thats the best route from a majority of KC MO to Atchison...45 to Weston then 45 on to 59 South to Atchison.

The only other feasible way to Atchison from the KC area would be through Leavenworth, taking 73 North to Atchison. If you're on the Kansas side of Kansas City that's not so bad...take I-435 North to 45, then 45 towards Beverly, MO. There's a turn before you get to Beverly that takes you to the North side of Leavenworth, don't know what hwy number it is...should be a sign to turn for Leavenworth though. It leads in to the street Ft. Leavenworths entrance is on, & the Fed. Prison...stay on that street as it leads into 73 North to Atchison. Atchison is only 20 minutes from the Fort & Prison, or North edge of Leavenworth.

I don't like taking 73 through Leavenworth from KC KS side though, takes forever driving through Lansing/Leavenworth.

If you're on the Missouri side, then you'd take I-29 to the Weston exit, head towards Weston, & I assume follow detour signs. They may detour you from the flashing light at 45 intersection just before Weston, have you turn South there towards Beverly, then take the hwy I mentioned above into the North edge of Leavenworth...that way wouldn't be so bad I guess, likely add 15 minutes to your driving time though.

After I typed all that out I realized all you have to do is Google, but Google/Mapquest may not show 45 is closed past Weston to Iatan. I'm not sure how they're detouring traffic, but bet it's through Leavenworth.

I'll go if someone can swing by and pick me up!!

I wish we could pick you up! If I figure out the technology before Monday to 'beam you up' and transfer you there...I'll let ya know, hahaha. If I can figure that out, sneaking a 3rd person in should be a snap! HA! :D

Connie Jo
08-07-2010, 02:35 PM
ohhhhh how I wish I didn't live in Texas right now Connie!!!

I wish you lived closer too, cause us girls could have ton's of Chiefs fun!! :D

Added note OPLookin...you also get 15% off everything inside the Merchandise tent with your VIP pass, thought I'd let you know that in case you're wanting any Chiefs gear.

:chiefs:

Pro_Angler
08-08-2010, 02:01 AM
Did you go? Pics? Come on give us the details.........PLEASEEEEEEE

Chiefster
08-08-2010, 02:22 AM
...I wish we could pick you up! If I figure out the technology before Monday to 'beam you up' and transfer you there...I'll let ya know, hahaha. If I can figure that out, sneaking a 3rd person in should be a snap! HA! :D

Connie, you'd need a crane to pick Canada up. :D

KCINNYC
08-08-2010, 02:46 AM
Wow guys have a great time! Be sure to take plenty of photos for us and post! Let us know if you talk Chiefs with Teicher, Babb, Gretz, or Nick Wright. They all seem to have a handle on what is going on.

And JUST WAIT until you see Dexter in person. You won't get it until you are in St. Joe watching him live. The guy is going to be special.

Enjoy!

Pro_Angler
08-08-2010, 03:32 AM
crap its monday..i thought you were going today/....lots of pics please...

Connie Jo
08-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Did you go? Pics? Come on give us the details.........PLEASEEEEEEE

Not yet, we go tomorrow morning...the VIP tent passes are for Monday mornings camp, August 9th. I promise I'll take pics, post about the experience, haha. Chiefs Crowd member OPLookin took me up on my offer to go with me, use the second pass...as I was given two by the Chiefs. I'm hopeful he too will post giving his opinion related to camp. Between the two of us...hopefully we can bring back some encouraging news with how the Chiefs look on the field practicing! :D

Connie Jo
08-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Connie, you'd need a crane to pick Canada up. :D

Yep! Canada would make a great Chiefs defensive tackle...I think, haha. He's a big tough guy ya know...but he has a good heart just the same, haha.
:sFl_canada2:

Wow guys have a great time! Be sure to take plenty of photos for us and post! Let us know if you talk Chiefs with Teicher, Babb, Gretz, or Nick Wright. They all seem to have a handle on what is going on.

And JUST WAIT until you see Dexter in person. You won't get it until you are in St. Joe watching him live. The guy is going to be special.

Enjoy!

Thanks!! I'm sure we'll have fun, I'm amped up! I visited camp Sunday August 1st as well, but have a feeling I'll have much more to talk about with attending tomorrow mornings camp...considering the Chiefs are well into camp conditioning now, & having VIP passes, haha.

crap its monday..i thought you were going today/....lots of pics please...

Yeah, haha...I hadn't read this far when I replied to your first post. :)