PDA

View Full Version : Did something I haven't ever really done before.

honda522
08-06-2010, 10:33 PM
I bought my first Rookie Jersey.

I really hope Berry exceeds everyone's expectations.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::chiefs:: chiefs:

I also bought a really nice hat.

The best part, tax free! Just thought I would share that with you guys, now I am super excited for the season to start.

stricken721
08-06-2010, 11:19 PM
I bought my first Rookie Jersey.

I really hope Berry exceeds everyone's expectations.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::chiefs:: chiefs:

I also bought a really nice hat.

The best part, tax free! Just thought I would share that with you guys, now I am super excited for the season to start.

That's awesome. How did you manage to get it tax free?

Connie Jo
08-06-2010, 11:20 PM
That's awesome!! If I was to buy a jersery, it would be Berry's also.

I've not bought many Chiefs jersey's over the years. I bought Marcus Allens one year, but only cause I was gonna meet him and had him autograph it, never wore it. Had a couple others long ago, but they were the painted on letters, too many washings wore them out, haha.

I have a DT jersey with sewn on numbers, but I've only worn it once, to DT's HOF ceremony in Canton a year ago. It was my brother Ricky's jersey I inherited when he passed away. He wore it only a few times after he bought it, took excellent care of it, so is still like new. Since it was Ricky's I'm afraid to wear it, worry something might happen to damage it.

KCINNYC
08-07-2010, 01:31 AM

My guess is training camp. That is where I got a Chiefs vintage fitted red hat with the old school Chiefs football helmet in the middle tax free for ten bucks! It is my favorite thing I own. When I saw it it was as if I had owned it my whole life.

I think Dexter's jersey is going to be very popular as well!:chiefs:

stricken721
08-07-2010, 02:11 AM
My guess is training camp. That is where I got a Chiefs vintage fitted red hat with the old school Chiefs football helmet in the middle tax free for ten bucks! It is my favorite thing I own. When I saw it it was as if I had owned it my whole life.

I think Dexter's jersey is going to be very popular as well!:chiefs:

I bet they have a lot of cool stuff in there. When I go to MNF in September I'll have to check out the new Chiefs store and see what they have.

Connie Jo
08-07-2010, 02:21 AM
I didn't look too much inside the Merchandise tent when I went to camp last Sunday. I applied the theory what I didn't know wouldn't hurt me...or more like what I don't see I won't want, LOL.

The VIP passes they sent me for this Monday mornings camp says I get a 15% discount on all items in the Merchandise tent, but if it's pricey like the items are at the Arrowhead fan stands...15% isn't gonna help me much, lol.

Vanilla Garilla
08-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Man, judging by the subject of this post, i thought it was something else, whew!

I bought a Berry Jersey too! I would love to get a white one of DMC as well.

Canada
08-07-2010, 10:57 AM
I bet they have a lot of cool stuff in there. When I go to MNF in September I'll have to check out the new Chiefs store and see what they have.

Can i come shopping with you? i will bring the :canbeer:!!

stricken721
08-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Can i come shopping with you? i will bring the :canbeer:!!

Sure thing! I got a card that supposedly gives me a discount on some items for being a season ticket holder.

Connie Jo
08-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Sure thing! I got a card that supposedly gives me a discount on some items for being a season ticket holder.

I have that card too...don't suppose they'd let us combine our card discounts for a 30% discount at the MNF game do ya?

:lol:

stricken721
08-07-2010, 04:00 PM
I have that card too...don't suppose they'd let us combine our card discounts for a 30% discount at the MNF game do ya?

:lol:

No harm in trying.

honda522
08-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Tax holiday in KC for the school year. Every clothing under 100 bucks is tax free.

Connie Jo
08-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Tax holiday in KC for the school year. Every clothing under 100 bucks is tax free.

I didn't know they had a tax free holiday in Kansas City related to school clothes shopping. That's awesome, and a good thing for people! I'm gonna make an assumption though, which may be wrong...but I'll bet the tax holiday is for the Missouri side of Kansas City...not the Kansas side.

Kansas remains one of the most costly states to live in...in the U.S. overall related to tax burden, mostly related to the extreme property & real estate tax burdens. They don't usually give us any tax breaks. Hell, one year they ran out of money, so decided to demand real estate taxes due a month sooner than what had been customary for years. Residents had no say in the matter at all.

We have very poor government management, overspending, luxury spending, etc.. :(

honda522
08-08-2010, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't know about the Kansas side.

H-townChiefsFan
08-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Here's to hoping he does well :bananen_smilies046:

My parents got me a Berry jersey for my birthday, first Chiefs jersey I've ever had!

yashi
08-09-2010, 04:21 PM
You know what's crazy? I was in Portland for a business convention a few weeks ago. They have no sales tax in Oregon, on anything! It felt like I should have just bought a bunch of stuff, but I didn't really have room in my luggage.

Connie Jo
08-09-2010, 04:42 PM
There are many states like that yashi. I don't understand, with exception of some states simply must have a history of poor government management, over-spending, etc..

My sister lives in NW Iowa...what few taxes she pays related to state...property, real estate, etc...is less than 25% of what we pay in Kansas. :(