PDA

View Full Version : how much?

rich testerman
09-16-2007, 07:50 PM
i just wonder how much the nfl, opposing teams and herm's buddies pay him to lose these games. as far as that goes, how does the team continue to get up for games when the coach constantly makes decisions that kill any chance for wins. let's put in trent green last year in the playoff game, lose to my buddy tony, going to chicago, lose to my buddy lovie, who's his buddy next week? this week it was, "hey, let's kick it a half dozen times to hester". it just seems like we need a coach that gets pissed off. i'm already tired of the stoic coach routine. give me someone who throws a water cooler or a helmet on the sideline. show some emotion, and quit trying to win games 2-0. i really think that as much as dick v hated defense, herm hates offense. i want my 30 pt a game offense back. 30 wins going away today.

wolfpack
09-16-2007, 08:44 PM
try how much has the league payed the hunts for keeping queen carl?

anaeelbackwards
09-16-2007, 08:54 PM
:mob::mob:

i remember those days.

we had one of the highest scoring offenses in the league. hey we was either at the top spot or in second.

but we didn't have a defense back in those days.

and now 3-5 years later

the scripts have switched.

:sign0104:

chief31
09-16-2007, 09:17 PM
:mob::mob:

i remember those days.

we had one of the highest scoring offenses in the league. hey we was either at the top spot or in second.

but we didn't have a defense back in those days.

and now 3-5 years later

the scripts have switched.

I love Dick Vermiel. He was an offensive genious. He never had a defense, but it was not for a failure to try and improve the D. If you look at his first day draft picks, he clearly knew that he needed some defensive help and was trying to get talent for his D. I wish Dickie would step in for a couple of seasons as an offensive coordinator and teach Herm what offense is all about. Herm believes that an offense is supposed to help his defense look good.

Anyway, that's just a crazy pipe dream. I do miss watching the Chiefs score some points though.

Chiefster
09-16-2007, 11:58 PM
I love Dick Vermiel. He was an offensive genious. He never had a defense, but it was not for a failure to try and improve the D. If you look at his first day draft picks, he clearly knew that he needed some defensive help and was trying to get talent for his D. I wish Dickie would step in for a couple of seasons as an offensive coordinator and teach Herm what offense is all about. Herm believes that an offense is supposed to help his defense look good.

Anyway, that's just a crazy pipe dream. I do miss watching the Chiefs score some points though.

Yeah but it is a sweet thought none-the-less. At least DV didn't even try to mess with the defense; he left that up to his DC. The only thing worse then Solari trying to run the offense is Herm trying to.

anaeelbackwards
09-17-2007, 12:02 AM
just a question..

i dont really know much about the assistant coaches.

but was mike solari brought in with herm edwards? or was he already in the system?

luv
09-17-2007, 12:03 AM
I would so love to see this team play conistently on both sides of the ball. What good is a good defense if your ofense isn't geting the job done? Same for the flipside. What good is a god offense if your defense can't keep the other team from scoring as well?

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 12:07 AM
just a question..

i dont really know much about the assistant coaches.

but was mike solari brought in with herm edwards? or was he already in the system?

He was, I think, the Offensive line coach in the DV era.

timsatt1
09-17-2007, 12:09 AM

AMAN OH YES I MISS THoSE DAYS OF TRENT GREEN, HALL, GONZALEZ and THE PRIEST!!!!!!!!! OWNING EVERYBODY.

I miss going 13-3 (and then going to Chiefs stadium to watch em lose first round to the Colts :( )

but yes, those are the days I long for. We will never be the offensive powerhouse, 4 quarters of entertainment team that we once were. I just hope the team can turn it around and at least provide some playoffs hope. We shall see. :mob:

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 12:10 AM
I would so love to see this team play conistently on both sides of the ball. What good is a good defense if your ofense isn't geting the job done? Same for the flipside. What good is a god offense if your defense can't keep the other team from scoring as well?

This has been the dilemma haunting the Chiefs and us fans for decades.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
09-17-2007, 12:22 AM
I am sure i will get attacked for a partially defending Herm statment, but you cant blame him to much- for the multiple turnovers in the red zone-inability to block for a field goal- and an illegal shift penalty on a flee flicker-which by the way was a heck of a catch by Bowe made some nice plays today

Canada
09-17-2007, 12:25 AM
I am sure i will get attacked for a partially defending Herm statment, but you cant blame him to much- for the multiple turnovers in the red zone-inability to block for a field goal- and an illegal shift penalty on a flee flicker-which by the way was a heck of a catch by Bowe made some nice plays today

That was a nice catch...I wonder if he is gonna auction off Tony G's record breaking TD ball :lol:

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 12:33 AM

Not to worry; we try to keep a lid on that type of thing if you are talking about "personal" attacks.

Canada
09-17-2007, 12:42 AM
I would never attack anyone who is a fan of The Late Great #58

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 11:35 AM

Ditto that my friend! :D

sling58
09-17-2007, 11:54 AM

Never Never Never. DT was the greatest!

chief31
09-17-2007, 11:57 AM

I doun't know if this will be considered an attack...

I can blame him for deciding to eliminate what was one of the most respected specialteams units in the NFL. Turnovers in the red zone? Who keeps putting Sammie Parker on the field? Innability to block for a fieldgoal? Somone chose not to draft any offensive linemen, for two years now. The penalty call? I agree with you, on that one ans would add a pair(over two games) of phantom Offensive pass interference calls.

But this is Herms team and he is the one who is responsible for players who make msitakes. Why don't the players know better? Why do they make mental mistakes so often? If they are incapable of being more self-diciplined, then why are they on the field? All of the mistakes of the players, are a reflection of the tutelage that they are recieving.

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 12:47 PM

I can blame him for deciding to eliminate what was one of the most respected specialteams units in the NFL. Turnovers in the red zone? Who keeps putting Sammie Parker on the field? Innability to block for a fieldgoal? Somone chose not to draft any offensive linemen, for two years now. The penalty call? I agree with you, on that one ans would add a pair(over two games) of phantom Offensive pass interference calls.

But this is Herms team and he is the one who is responsible for players who make msitakes. Why don't the players know better? Why do they make mental mistakes so often? If they are incapable of being more self-diciplined, then why are they on the field? All of the mistakes of the players, are a reflection of the tutelage that they are recieving.

This is NOT an attack; it is, however, a difference of opinion which is perfectly legal. :D

...And agreed BTW.

Canada
09-17-2007, 12:52 PM

I kinda put some of that blame on the players. If they don't play well you can't just put it on the coach and say it is his fault. If that is the case why don't we just get rid of players and have Herm and Lovie coach Madden.

tornadospotter
09-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Never Never Never. DT was the greatest!
Amen! Best linebacker ever.

luv
09-17-2007, 01:07 PM

I use Medlock as an example. Every time the boy missed a kick, all you ever heard Herm say was "It's ok." They kept telling him it would be alright and that they had faith in him and his abilities. Then, BAM! Droppd after the first game. The poor kid was probably think that it was"ok" and her woul have oher opportunities to prove himself. If the coaching staff is caudling him instead of pressuring him, of course he'll fold under the pressure in a game.

chief31
09-17-2007, 02:10 PM
I use Medlock as an example. Every time the boy missed a kick, all you ever heard Herm say was "It's ok." They kept telling him it would be alright and that they had faith in him and his abilities. Then, BAM! Droppd after the first game. The poor kid was probably think that it was"ok" and her woul have oher opportunities to prove himself. If the coaching staff is caudling him instead of pressuring him, of course he'll fold under the pressure in a game.

That is a very good example. Obviously Medlock has the ability to kick in the NFL. That's why he was drafted. What happened?

luv
09-17-2007, 02:22 PM
That is a very good example. Obviously Medlock has the ability to kick in the NFL. That's why he was drafted. What happened?
I don't know, but I'm thinking I really need to start proofreading my posts before hitting submit...lol.

m0ef0e
09-17-2007, 03:28 PM
I understand the reasoning for drafting a kicker when you have a Herman Edwards gameplan. He wants to win close games. In order to do that, you need a sure-footed kicker. If Tynes had not missed extra points on occasion, he may have gotten one more year to prove himself to the organization. As it was, they figured they needed somebody that would be one of the league's best for years to come. Obviously, it didn't work out.

I kind of understand all that and so, in some way, it is more acceptable to me. At least more acceptable than signing Drummond. I still don't see the point in this??

After releasing Dante Hall, why would you go out and sign a guy from the Lions (he obviously didn't help Detroit win very many games last season), who has pretty much the same track-record and stats as Hall, to do the same job instead of giving it to one of the young guys already with the team??? I don't understand this and I am definately less than impressed...

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 04:23 PM
I understand the reasoning for drafting a kicker when you have a Herman Edwards gameplan. He wants to win close games. In order to do that, you need a sure-footed kicker. If Tynes had not missed extra points on occasion, he may have gotten one more year to prove himself to the organization. As it was, they figured they needed somebody that would be one of the league's best for years to come. Obviously, it didn't work out.

I kind of understand all that and so, in some way, it is more acceptable to me. At least more acceptable than signing Drummond. I still don't see the point in this??

After releasing Dante Hall, why would you go out and sign a guy from the Lions (he obviously didn't help Detroit win very many games last season), who has pretty much the same track-record and stats as Hall, to do the same job instead of giving it to one of the young guys already with the team??? I don't understand this and I am definately less than impressed...

Took the words right off my keyboard. :sign0098:

hermhater
09-17-2007, 04:37 PM
This is my first post on this site and would like to thank all of you for your opinions (and suffering) as we all root for our very own KC Chiefs!

Now on to bashing Herm!

I am not going to sit and rant about all of his bad decisions (it's already been done effectively enough by the rest of you), or about how our players are making mental mistakes (because Herm is not doing his job in camp, and pre-season), or about the organizations inability to have a decent draft (they could have gotten Mason Crosby before Medlock, and now Crosby is the starter where Rayner came from), or even about the disastrous losses we have suffered (players and games), I just want to say Dwayne Beau is going to change our offense as soon as him and Brody get on the field for a few full quarters.

I think Damon got hosed last year taking him out when Trent came back, but if we're gonna lose let's get Brody some time to grow while we're doing it.

sling58
09-17-2007, 05:06 PM
This is my first post on this site and would like to thank all of you for your opinions (and suffering) as we all root for our very own KC Chiefs!

Now on to bashing Herm!

I am not going to sit and rant about all of his bad decisions (it's already been done effectively enough by the rest of you), or about how our players are making mental mistakes (because Herm is not doing his job in camp, and pre-season), or about the organizations inability to have a decent draft (they could have gotten Mason Crosby before Medlock, and now Crosby is the starter where Rayner came from), or even about the disastrous losses we have suffered (players and games), I just want to say Dwayne Beau is going to change our offense as soon as him and Brody get on the field for a few full quarters.

I think Damon got hosed last year taking him out when Trent came back, but if we're gonna lose let's get Brody some time to grow while we're doing it.

Dude you posted this 3 times on 3 different threads. Simple mistake I suppose! :D

rbedgood
09-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Dude you posted this 3 times on 3 different threads. Simple mistake I suppose! :D

One you would never make...:D (You are Chiefster's protege correct...I don't do Star Wars)

hermhater
02-15-2008, 04:27 AM
i just wonder how much the nfl, opposing teams and herm's buddies pay him to lose these games. as far as that goes, how does the team continue to get up for games when the coach constantly makes decisions that kill any chance for wins. let's put in trent green last year in the playoff game, lose to my buddy tony, going to chicago, lose to my buddy lovie, who's his buddy next week? this week it was, "hey, let's kick it a half dozen times to hester". it just seems like we need a coach that gets pissed off. i'm already tired of the stoic coach routine. give me someone who throws a water cooler or a helmet on the sideline. show some emotion, and quit trying to win games 2-0. i really think that as much as dick v hated defense, herm hates offense. i want my 30 pt a game offense back. 30 wins going away today.

Was this timsatts first post from the proxy server?

A case of beer for the first one who finds out!

:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
02-15-2008, 04:28 AM

Now on to bashing Herm!

I am not going to sit and rant about all of his bad decisions (it's already been done effectively enough by the rest of you), or about how our players are making mental mistakes (because Herm is not doing his job in camp, and pre-season), or about the organizations inability to have a decent draft (they could have gotten Mason Crosby before Medlock, and now Crosby is the starter where Rayner came from), or even about the disastrous losses we have suffered (players and games), I just want to say Dwayne Bowe is going to change our offense as soon as him and Brody get on the field for a few full quarters.

And I had a part in it.

Sigh.

Canada
02-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Was this timsatts first post from the proxy server?

A case of beer for the first one who finds out!

Yes it was

The IP adress is 10.16.8.255

Now :beer:

AkChief49
02-15-2008, 12:22 PM
And I had a part in it.

Sigh.see what you started?:D

Canada
02-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Who cares....where's my beer?? :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

hermhater
02-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Yes it was

The IP adress is 10.16.8.255

Now :beer:

Aww, that's so cute, you even figured out what an IP address was just so you could get some beer.

I'm so proud.

Unfortunately the range you chose is reserved for local networks, and not the internet.

Here's a beer for the effort!

Canada
02-15-2008, 01:36 PM
heh...that is what was on the modem? at work!! :)

hermhater
02-15-2008, 01:39 PM
heh...that is what was on the modem? at work!! :)

I figured as much!

Still a valiant effort that earned you a :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046:!

Chiefster
02-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Heh!

hermhater
02-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Meh.

Canada
02-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Heh!

Meh.

:moo:

hermhater
02-16-2008, 01:11 PM
:moo:

:lol:

Canada
02-16-2008, 01:14 PM
I got all day to do nothin but drink beer!!!! woooo burrrrp

hermhater
02-17-2008, 01:46 PM
I got all day to do nothin but drink beer!!!! woooo burrrrp

What about eating half a roast and taking a monster dump?

Got time for that?

Canada
02-17-2008, 04:19 PM
What about eating half a roast and taking a monster dump?

Got time for that?

Absofre4akinlutely!!! Apparently we spoke last nite?:D

hermhater
02-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Absofre4akinlutely!!! Apparently we spoke last nite?:D

You sounded as sober (grunt) as ever (gru-nnnttt)!