PDA

View Full Version : Dear Herm

Canada
09-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Dear Herm

Good Afternoon. Just wanted to drop you a little note to make a suggestion. If you do not want to play offense in the NFL perhaps you should talk to Mr. Godell about leaving the defense on the field so we can increase our chances of getting a defensive TD. I know 7 points seems like a lot to get all at once, but you will get used to it. If LJ is not making any yards up the middle you may try throwing the forward pass. The forward pass is when the player at the QB position launches the ball down the field towards the end zone (this is a legal play even if it goes more than one yard) When defenders are forced to protect the run AND the pass you may find that it opens things up a little bit. Playing offense in the NFL is allowed (not just in Arena football) I know that you find those little W's elusive, but if you try a few more passes then you just may find that one might pop up in your record. And for the record when it is 3rd and 9, the objective is to get 9 yards, not 3. Punting does not score points. In conclusion, if things do not change next weekend against the Viqueens I will not be writing a letter, I will find you in the parking lot and we will have a new coach against SD.

Sincerely
Canada

zona chief
09-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Our play calling is a joke!! I don't know if Solari actually calls the plays or Herm tells him what to call. That was the worst excuse for a game plan I have seen in my life.

We never went down field once in the first half. 3rd & nine and we run. 3rd & two, we pass. Someone explin the methodology used here.

I'm sure we will hear from all the Damon Haters now. Brody played pretty well, but I hope we realize the Bears were playing a bit softer since they knew we were desperate.

I saw some things I liked but our play calling is crap and it doesn't matter who is in at QB with morons calling a game like that!!

wolfpack
09-16-2007, 08:26 PM
the offense is tanked this year. put in Brodie yes brodie, huard, mr dock down on the rush,throw a pass to the back. Brodie cant learn form the bench and this offense isnt going anywhere with haurd.

chief31
09-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Huards problem isn't with the play-calling, It's with the overall attitude of use the offense to make our defense look good. Huard is so scared to throw the ball down the field, because it could cost him his job.

I thought it was almost a good thing that we fell behind by fourteen early. That meant that we were guaranteed to see the offense open up a bit. Which we did.

Sammie Parker is a ***** !!!!!! He should have had that touchdown, but decided he didn't need to go after the football and waited for it to fall to him. He should have gone after it.

Devin Hester is an excellent return guy, but our special teams should have had him on his second and third long returns. We need to work on open-field tackling. Defense and special teams.

Bernard Pollard didn't look comfortable and Page needs to learn to tackle...still.

Welbourne continued his failures in pass-protection, for a second week. Making Turley look bad, again. Turley already has a problem with a "bull-rush". He doesn't need to be covering Welbournes a55.

Refs need training. I was flabbergasted when the Bears were finally called for a penalty. In the refs' defense, the Chiefs need dicipline, but there was another offensive pass-interference call, away from the ball. Of course there was no replay...again.

The defense played tough, for the most part. I'll be glad to have Jared Allen back, next week.

I didn't have a huge problem with Huards paly, aside from the fact that he was, as Herm liks it, too conservative. The interception should be pinned on Parker.

I am always dissapointed when the Chiefs lose, but I still like what we have. I don't think that Croyle should, nor will, start, unless Huard is injured. I never expected to win either of our first two games, so I am not, as many are, in psycho-panic-mode. I think that we will beat the Vikings and do it convincingly. Then we will have to go from there.

Canada
09-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Huards problem isn't with the play-calling, It's with the overall attitude of use the offense to make our defense look good. Huard is so scared to throw the ball down the field, because it could cost him his job.

I thought it was almost a good thing that we fell behind by fourteen early. That meant that we were guaranteed to see the offense open up a bit. Which we did.

Sammie Parker is a ***** !!!!!! He should have had that touchdown, but decided he didn't need to go after the football and waited for it to fall to him. He should have gone after it.

Devin Hester is an excellent return guy, but our special teams should have had him on his second and third long returns. We need to work on open-field tackling. Defense and special teams.

Bernard Pollard didn't look comfortable and Page needs to learn to tackle...still.

Welbourne continued his failures in pass-protection, for a second week. Making Turley look bad, again. Turley already has a problem with a "bull-rush". He doesn't need to be covering Welbournes a55.

Refs need training. I was flabbergasted when the Bears were finally called for a penalty. In the refs' defense, the Chiefs need dicipline, but there was another offensive pass-interference call, away from the ball. Of course there was no replay...again.

The defense played tough, for the most part. I'll be glad to have Jared Allen back, next week.

I didn't have a huge problem with Huards paly, aside from the fact that he was, as Herm liks it, too conservative. The interception should be pinned on Parker.

I am always dissapointed when the Chiefs lose, but I still like what we have. I don't think that Croyle should, nor will, start, unless Huard is injured. I never expected to win either of our first two games, so I am not, as many are, in psycho-panic-mode. I think that we will beat the Vikings and do it convincingly. Then we will have to go from there.

The ball was tipped on that play as well. Should have been no call. :beer:

timsatt1
09-16-2007, 10:54 PM
I knew Herm Edwards was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE coach LAST YEAR. His terrible playcalliing can be traced back to last year's playoff game that we did not deserve to be in anyways.

Yes, we knew from the start we would lose to the Colts.

BUT....here is an example of Edward's playcalling. LARRY JOHNSON RAN EVERY SINGLE FIRST DOWN. We NEVER passed once on first down to mix it up. The defense of the Colts, which was struggling at that point in the season, KNEW 100% that Johnson was going to run on first down. I was cursing herm out in the 1st quarter because I saw it then.

Of course, I was ready at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to see adjustments. TO MY SURPRISE...JOHNSON STILL RUNNING EVERY SINGLE 1st down. 3 and out every possesion. AAAAHHHHHH

I am not a hardcore racist....just a realist. Dungee is a coach cause he is a GREAT COACH. Edwards is an NFL coach cause he is black, not because he earned it. That is why teams hire him.

Ok......as far as this season goes....we have a team that can go .500+ if we do things right. The BIGGEST KEY is announcing that next game Brody will be the starting quarterback. Brody will be able to open up the offense and keep the other team's defenses guessing, making it easier to utilize tony gonzalez, and also opening up space for Larry Johnson to do what he does best, bulldozing his way through space.

This is the only solution. It will work too. We actually have a good enough offense to survive with a winning record. The chiefs worse player on the team is not a player, it is the coach, herm. There is still a small small small chance that we can squeeze into the playoffs if we are playing behind brody.

PLEASE CHIEFS ORGANIZATION I BEG OF YOU TO PUT BRODY IN THE STARTING LINE UP!

We will not be above .500 with huard as starting quarterback, that is a promise. Huard can guide a GREAT offense to wins, but he is not talented enough to guide a mediocre offense to wins. He just isn't.

Canada
09-16-2007, 11:05 PM
I knew Herm Edwards was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE coach LAST YEAR. His terrible playcalliing can be traced back to last year's playoff game that we did not deserve to be in anyways.

BUT....here is an example of Edward's playcalling. LARRY JOHNSON RAN EVERY SINGLE FIRST DOWN. We NEVER passed once on first down to mix it up. The defense of the Colts, which was struggling at that point in the season, KNEW 100% that Johnson was going to run on first down. I was cursing herm out in the 1st quarter because I saw it then.

Of course, I was ready at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to see adjustments. TO MY SURPRISE...JOHNSON STILL RUNNING EVERY SINGLE 1st down. 3 and out every possesion. AAAAHHHHHH

I am not a hardcore racist....just a realist. Dungee is a coach cause he is a GREAT COACH. Edwards is an NFL coach cause he is black, not because he earned it. That is why teams hire him.

Ok......as far as this season goes....we have a team that can go .500+ if we do things right. The BIGGEST KEY is announcing that next game Brody will be the starting quarterback. Brody will be able to open up the offense and keep the other team's defenses guessing, making it easier to utilize tony gonzalez, and also opening up space for Larry Johnson to do what he does best, bulldozing his way through space.

This is the only solution. It will work too. We actually have a good enough offense to survive with a winning record. The chiefs worse player on the team is not a player, it is the coach, herm. There is still a small small small chance that we can squeeze into the playoffs if we are playing behind brody.

We will not be above .500 with huard as starting quarterback, that is a promise. Huard can guide a GREAT offense to wins, but he is not talented enough to guide a mediocre offense to wins. He just isn't.

What 9-7 team deserved to be in the playoffs instead of us??

Do you ever single out a white coach who is bad because there are a lot of them out there. Bad coaches get hired in the NFL my friend. (Norv Turner)

And I don't know if u noticed or not, but Huard is guiding the same offense as last year minus 1 player

Chiefster
09-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Dear Herm

Good Afternoon. Just wanted to drop you a little note to make a suggestion. If you do not want to play offense in the NFL perhaps you should talk to Mr. Godell about leaving the defense on the field so we can increase our chances of getting a defensive TD. I know 7 points seems like a lot to get all at once, but you will get used to it. If LJ is not making any yards up the middle you may try throwing the forward pass. The forward pass is when the player at the QB position launches the ball down the field towards the end zone (this is a legal play even if it goes more than one yard) When defenders are forced to protect the run AND the pass you may find that it opens things up a little bit. Playing offense in the NFL is allowed (not just in Arena football) I know that you find those little W's elusive, but if you try a few more passes then you just may find that one might pop up in your record. And for the record when it is 3rd and 9, the objective is to get 9 yards, not 3. Punting does not score points. In conclusion, if things do not change next weekend against the Viqueens I will not be writing a letter, I will find you in the parking lot and we will have a new coach against SD.

Sincerely
Canada

Dear Canada,

This offense thing you speak of is intriguing indeed. I have just a few questions to ask if it is not too much trouble.
First, we have a position on this team known as a "QB"; could you expound please? This "QB" throws what is known as a "forward pass"; could you further define? And, lastly: what is the "W" you speak of; it sounds as if it is something I might like to explore a bit.

Thank you for your time.

-Herm Edwards

Canada
09-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Dear Canada,

This offense thing you speak of is intriguing indeed. I have just a few questions to ask if it is not too much trouble.
First, we have a position on this team known as a "QB"; could you expound please? This "QB" throws what is known as a "forward pass"; could you further define? And, lastly: what is the "W" you speak of; it sounds as if it is something I might like to explore a bit.

Thank you for your time.

-Herm Edwards

Dear Mr Edwards

The "QB" is the man who has been handing the ball off to the RB every first down. This "QB" is also allowed to throw an overhand forward pass to a player known as a wide receiver. The WR is the player whos job it is to block downfield on your running plays. This player may run an unlimited amount of yards down the field and catch a "forward pass"

The W i was referring to stands for Win. That is why you play the game...you play to win the game

If you would like further instructions, please buy me a case of beer and I will happily guide you through the process of passing the ball. I will be in town on Friday. I will contact you when I arrive.

Canada :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Dear Mr Edwards

The "QB" is the man who has been handing the ball off to the RB every first down. This "QB" is also allowed to throw an overhand forward pass to a player known as a wide receiver. The WR is the player whos job it is to block downfield on your running plays. This player may run an unlimited amount of yards down the field and catch a "forward pass"

The W i was referring to stands for Win. That is why you play the game...you play to win the game

If you would like further instructions, please buy me a case of beer and I will happily guide you through the process of passing the ball. I will be in town on Friday. I will contact you when I arrive.

Canada :bananen_smilies046:

Dear Canada,

Thank you for clarifying the "QB" position, defining the "forward pass" and "W" topics. Now what is this beer you speak of.

-Herm

Canada
09-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Dear Canada,

Thank you for clarifying the "QB" position, defining the "forward pass" and "W" topics. Now what is this beer you speak of.

-Herm

It is what flows through my veins and keeps me alive. Sometimes I get too much blood in my alcohol system :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-16-2007, 11:26 PM
What 9-7 team deserved to be in the playoffs instead of us??

Do you ever single out a white coach who is bad because there are a lot of them out there. Bad coaches get hired in the NFL my friend. (Norv Turner)

And I don't know if u noticed or not, but Huard is guiding the same offense as last year minus 1 player

Agreed, and good point!

rbedgood
09-17-2007, 12:32 AM

A) I agree on the playcalling, very vanilla...Memo to Herm...preseason is over.

B) Has anyone ever heard someone start a paragraph with "I'm not a racist" and not had it be a completely controversial if not racist comment that followed. I'm as white as they come, but in my 30+ years I've learned that such thoughts can't be communicated in a way that won't be misunderstood. (p.s. Norv Turner was mentioned, but don't forget Dick Jauron, Mike Mularkey, and Steve Marriuci...all have been rehired after mediocre or worse first runs.)

C) As for the Huard/Croyle comparison, you can't look at today where Croyle came in late in the game against a low pressure defense that was allowing underneath passes, to what Huard faced most of the game. I'm not saying not to play Croyle, just don't base it solely on today's performance.

By the way, Houston looked pretty good today again, maybe putting the first loss into perspective a little bit.

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 12:35 AM
It is what flows through my veins and keeps me alive. Sometimes I get too much blood in my alcohol system :bananen_smilies046:

Do you have an emergency beer IV on hand?

Canada
09-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Do you have an emergency beer IV on hand?

Always my friend....perks of the job!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Always my friend....perks of the job!! :bananen_smilies046:

...Always prepared I see. :D:bananen_smilies046:

anaeelbackwards
09-17-2007, 12:43 AM
:bananen_smilies046::toast2:
as i hope some of us will be sharing on gameday...

and canada when are you coming down?

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 01:15 AM
:bananen_smilies046::toast2:
as i hope some of us will be sharing on gameday...

and canada when are you coming down?

You mean there's an invasion looming??????

Canada
09-17-2007, 01:18 AM
You mean there's an invasion looming??????

You haven't noticed all the Canadians around here?

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 01:21 AM
You haven't noticed all the Canadians around here?

Yes sir I have eh! :D

Canada
09-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Yes sir I have eh! :D

Get used to that, once we take over it will be mandatory at the end of every post eh! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 01:32 AM
Get used to that, once we take over it will be mandatory at the end of every post eh! :bananen_smilies046:

No way eh! :lol:

Canada
09-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Take off eh!! hoser

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Take off eh!! hoser

You take off eh; you knob! :lol:

chief31
09-17-2007, 01:47 PM
In regards to the racial statements... It is impossible for somone to point out racism without being called racist. Timsatt attempted to, but was, as always, immediately called on it. I don't agree that skin color is what has gotten Herm the Chiefs' head coaching job, but certainly think the organization considered it a plus. Who wants to be the last NFL team to have never had a black head coach? I would be more inclined to agree with Timsatts statement, if it were in regards to Herm getting the Jets job. Which I believe he was including.

Now, if you wish to point out racism, then it is only acceptable to poitn out where a white man was racist. You will get very little negativity if you do so. But, noone is allowed to point out reverse racism, because that is the FAIR type of racism.

I think that by saying "I am not a hardcore racist...." one is attempting to forewarn others that a white man is about to say something about race. Which is immediately construed as racist.

Canada, you make a very good point, that poor coaches are hired, every year. But, do you believe that they were hired by their organizations because of the color of their skin?

Tony Dungy is somehow regarded as a great coach. I am not in that particular camp. He is credited for the Buccaneers defense of the past decade and the Colts' success of today. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Colts offense a juggernaut before Dungy arrived? Has he turned the colts defense into anything? I'm not sure who to give credit to for the Buccaneers defense, (maybe Lovie Smith?) but if it was Dungy, wouldn't he have been able to duplicate some degree of the same thing in Indianapolis?

I certainly wouldn't say that I think he is a poor head coach. But I contest the concept that he is a great NFL head coach, until he does something to prove me wrong.

m0ef0e
09-17-2007, 01:59 PM
The ball was tipped on that play as well. Should have been no call. :beer:

It was a no call. They originally announced it and realized that they can't screw us with that call when the ball is tipped at the line of scrimmage. Too obvious. They wound up not enforcing the penalty. They did, however, give the Bears a free first down with no measurement after the back was clearly short by about half a yard, in the red zone, on a key drive by the Bears.

rbedgood
09-17-2007, 09:48 PM
In regards to the racial statements... It is impossible for somone to point out racism without being called racist. Timsatt attempted to, but was, as always, immediately called on it. I don't agree that skin color is what has gotten Herm the Chiefs' head coaching job, but certainly think the organization considered it a plus. Who wants to be the last NFL team to have never had a black head coach? I would be more inclined to agree with Timsatts statement, if it were in regards to Herm getting the Jets job. Which I believe he was including.

Now, if you wish to point out racism, then it is only acceptable to poitn out where a white man was racist. You will get very little negativity if you do so. But, noone is allowed to point out reverse racism, because that is the FAIR type of racism.

I think that by saying "I am not a hardcore racist...." one is attempting to forewarn others that a white man is about to say something about race. Which is immediately construed as racist.

Canada, you make a very good point, that poor coaches are hired, every year. But, do you believe that they were hired by their organizations because of the color of their skin?

Tony Dungy is somehow regarded as a great coach. I am not in that particular camp. He is credited for the Buccaneers defense of the past decade and the Colts' success of today. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Colts offense a juggernaut before Dungy arrived? Has he turned the colts defense into anything? I'm not sure who to give credit to for the Buccaneers defense, (maybe Lovie Smith?) but if it was Dungy, wouldn't he have been able to duplicate some degree of the same thing in Indianapolis?

I certainly wouldn't say that I think he is a poor head coach. But I contest the concept that he is a great NFL head coach, until he does something to prove me wrong.

Actually yeah...Dungy arrived in Indy in 2002...

I figure I'll look at 2 things to compare the Indy D...Total Defense (yardage) and Total Defense (Scoring)**

2001 Ranked 29th & 31st (30.4 pts/game)

Tony arrived...
2002 Ranked 8th & 7th (19.6 pts/game)
2003 Ranked 11th & 20th (21.0 pts/game)
2004 Ranked 29th & 19th (21.9 pts/game)
2005 Ranked 11th & 2nd (15.4 pts/game)
2006 Ranked 21st & 23rd (22.5 pts/game)
2007 too early for rankings to mean much, but looking good.

He took over the worst defense in the league, and has made it respectable. Last year wasn't ideal, but Bob Sanders injury last year clearly changed their defense during the regular season. Other than that he's been mostly middle of the pack on defense and top of the pack on offense as he unlike certain other "defensive" coaches is smart enough to leave the offense alone.

**Stats were acquired from NFL.com

chief31
09-18-2007, 07:15 PM
2001 Ranked 29th & 31st (30.4 pts/game)

Tony arrived...
2002 Ranked 8th & 7th (19.6 pts/game)
2003 Ranked 11th & 20th (21.0 pts/game)
2004 Ranked 29th & 19th (21.9 pts/game)
2005 Ranked 11th & 2nd (15.4 pts/game)
2006 Ranked 21st & 23rd (22.5 pts/game)
2007 too early for rankings to mean much, but looking good.

He took over the worst defense in the league, and has made it respectable.

Mildly impressive. Far from the praise that I have been seeing him get, of late.

Chiefster
09-18-2007, 08:18 PM

There is no such thing; racism is racism regardless of where it is coming from.

rbedgood
09-18-2007, 08:35 PM
There is no such thing; racism is racism regardless of where it is coming from.

I think the point he was making is that when the racist statement/attitude is projected from someone that is normally from a "victim" group towards a member of the plurality then society tends to forgive/condone said behavior. Not that he personally condones it.

Chiefster
09-18-2007, 08:38 PM
I think the point he was making is that when the racist statement/attitude is projected from someone that is normally from a "victim" group towards a member of the plurality then society tends to forgive/condone said behavior. Not that he personally condones it.

Agreed; I've heard that phrase thrown around so much in my life time I was just taking the time to point out how I feel about it. :)

Canada
09-19-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm not racist....I hate everyone equally.

chief31
09-19-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm not racist....I hate everyone equally.

Don't give me that!!!! I've heard your feelings about those football-challenged BILLS fans and you, sir, are extremely racist against those poor people.

:D

luv
09-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Don't give me that!!!! I've heard your feelings about those football-challenged BILLS fans and you, sir, are extremely racist against those poor people.

:D
Are all Bills fans of a different race than him? I believe the word you're looking for is prejudiced. :p

chief31
09-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Are all Bills fans of a different race than him? I believe the word you're looking for is prejudiced. :p

I am fairly certain that Canada won't like you trying to lump him into the same race as those people.

Canada
09-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I see we have decided to mention the team that we will not mention.

chief31
09-19-2007, 03:42 PM
I see we have decided to mention the team that we will not mention.

Yup. Because someone was trying to hide their racism. Which, in my opinion, everyone has a certain amount of.) Denial!!!

Canada
09-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Fans of the team that we will not mention are not a race, they are just idiots

chief31
09-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Fans of the team that we will not mention are not a race, they are just idiots

SE?!?!?! ^^^ There it is!!! Bigotry!!! Bold and in your face hatred!!!!

Canada
09-19-2007, 05:58 PM
SE?!?!?! ^^^ There it is!!! Bigotry!!! Bold and in your face hatred!!!!

Absolutely...but not racist!! :sign0053: stupid :sign0053::sign0053: fans :pointlaugh:

rbedgood
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM

When referring to sub-human species of morons, racism is not applicable.

Canada
09-19-2007, 07:54 PM

RULING!! Thank you sir!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-20-2007, 12:46 AM

Nice!!! :D

rbedgood
09-20-2007, 12:49 AM

Nice!!! :D

A diplomat's job is never done...:lol:

Chiefster
09-20-2007, 12:51 AM
A diplomat's job is never done...:lol:

You have filled that position nicely!:D