PDA

View Full Version : MNF Tailgate & Game ROLL CALL...who's gonna be there?

Pages : [1] 2

Connie Jo
08-08-2010, 12:27 AM
I was wondering who from Chiefs Crowd will be attending the Chiefs Crowd MNF Season Opener tailgate gathering & game. I'm making & bringing my homemade potato salad, baked beans, chocolate peanut butter fudge, and a variety of homemade cookies, to go with stuff others are contributing. I need to plan on quantity. If you're gonna be there...could you post so here please? Okay...truthfully, it's not all about quantity...I'm just hoping a lot of you I've not met I'm gonna get to and we're gonna have one heck of a CC tailgate party! HA!
:bananen_smilies046:

This is who I think is definite besides myself, I went through Canada's original thread. If you're on this list and not coming, or have changes in numbers, correct me please, haha. If you're coming & not on the list add yourself please. :D

Canada, Dan, Dell
Coach
Clint aka striken
Brenda aka Glennbree & hubby
Tammietailgator & hubby
Seek & wife
Hometeam & wife
Walter aka pbatrucker
Kevin & wife aka Vanilla Garilla
Hayvern & wife
buffman316
bbacker51 - group of 8?

stricken721
08-08-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm still coming. :yahoo: Wouldn't it miss it for the world.

Seek
08-08-2010, 12:41 AM
I am a go and still good doing the BBQ

Chiefster
08-08-2010, 01:25 AM
I'm still coming. :yahoo: Wouldn't it miss it for the world.

I would say something, but decency forbids. :lol:

stricken721
08-08-2010, 01:30 AM

I think I might be able to figure it out hahahaha. Thank goodness for decency! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
08-08-2010, 02:05 AM
I think I might be able to figure it out hahahaha. Thank goodness for decency! :bananen_smilies046:

Yes indeed! :bananen_smilies046:

GlennBree
08-08-2010, 10:02 PM

I'm just gonna sit here and giggle at that!

GlennBree
08-08-2010, 10:03 PM

and YES...we will be there!!!

Chiefster
08-09-2010, 03:07 AM

and YES...we will be there!!!

Giggling is fun! :D

Hayvern
08-09-2010, 04:19 AM
It is CapitalT and I who will be there on Monday Night Football day. So plan a little more, we are both big guys with big appetites!

Connie Jo
08-09-2010, 06:13 PM
It is CapitalT and I who will be there on Monday Night Football day. So plan a little more, we are both big guys with big appetites!

I shall do that! Do you have a favorite cookie you'd like to request? Such as:

Chocolate Chip
Oatmeal Raisin
and/or Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
Frosted Sugar
Peanut Butter
and/or Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
Snickerdoodle
Lemon
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut

Those are just a few...besides Hayvern...everyone can put in their request, the most popular 3-4 I'll bring. :D

Connie Jo
08-09-2010, 06:20 PM
I was wondering who from Chiefs Crowd will be attending the Chiefs Crowd MNF Season Opener tailgate gathering & game. I'm making & bringing my homemade potato salad, baked beans, chocolate peanut butter fudge, and a variety of homemade cookies, to go with stuff others are contributing. I need to plan on quantity. If you're gonna be there...could you post so here please? Okay...truthfully, it's not all about quantity...I'm just hoping a lot of you I've not met I'm gonna get to and we're gonna have one heck of a CC tailgate party! HA!

This is who I think is definite besides myself, I went through Canada's original thread. If you're on this list and not coming, or have changes in numbers, correct me please, haha. If you're coming & not on the list add yourself please. :D

Canada, Dan, Dell
Coach
Clint aka striken
Tammietailgator & hubby
Seek & wife
Hometeam & wife
Walter aka pbatrucker
Hayvern & CapitalT
buffman316
bbacker51 - group of 8?

Updated list, added CapitalT coming with Hayvern. :)

stricken721
08-09-2010, 06:22 PM

Chocolate Chip
Oatmeal Raisin
Frosted Sugar
Peanut Butter
Snickerdoodle
Lemon

Those are just a few...besides Hayvern...everyone can put in their request, the most popular 3-4 I'll bring. :D

I'm hungry. :lol:

Connie Jo
08-09-2010, 06:58 PM
You didn't pick a favorite Clint, pick a favorite, or two, haha. :)

I'm looking forward to Seek's grilling, Canada too I think, also my potato salad. I haven't made any since July 4th 2009. My daughter insisted bringing store bought this past 4th...saying it's quicker & less trouble. She's a microwave & pre-made foods personality...doesn't cook. My son's more like my personality, enjoys cooking. We all decided store bought won't happen again, lol. It just can't come close to comparison as fresh homemade potato salad.

Last I knew the menu includes Ribs & Pulled Pork...Seek doing ribs, Canada doing the pulled pork, but not sure...I became confused with all the PM's going back & forth planning who was doing what, lol.

stricken721
08-09-2010, 07:00 PM
You didn't pick a favorite Clint, pick a favorite, or two, haha. :)

I'm looking forward to Seek's grilling, Canada too I think, also my potato salad. I haven't made any since July 4th 2009. My daughter insisted bringing store bought this past 4th...saying it's quicker & less trouble. She's a microwave & pre-made foods personality...doesn't cook. My son's more like my personality, enjoys cooking. We all decided store bought won't happen again, lol. It just can't come close to comparison as fresh homemade potato salad.

Last I knew the menu includes Ribs & Pulled Pork...Seek doing ribs, Canada doing the pulled pork, but not sure...I became confused with all the PM's going back & forth planning who was doing what, lol.

I like all of them really, but I do really like Lemon and Peanut Butter. They all sound good to me!

Connie Jo
08-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Lemon & Peanut Butter are among my fav's too, as well as Oatmeal Raisin. My Choc. Chip. & Sugar Frosted are fav's among all my family & local friends, have been for years, so I think that's why they're not among my fav's...had them too often.

I just had another thought...with September we'll be close to Fall...pork and apples go well together like peanut butter and jelly, lol. I may decide to bring some individual cobblers with apple filling too. :)

Hayvern
08-10-2010, 03:18 AM

Chocolate Chip
Oatmeal Raisin
Frosted Sugar
Peanut Butter
Snickerdoodle
Lemon

Connie, I like Peanut Butter, Snickerdoodle and Sugar Cookies, but the Doctor says I have to stay away from sugar.

GlennBree
08-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Peanut Butter For Sure!!!

Vanilla Garilla
08-10-2010, 10:24 AM
I actually just found out that my cousin who recently moved from Texas to Weston MO, would like to tailgate with us as well. It will be her and her husband i assume.

Canada
08-10-2010, 01:24 PM
You know what kind of cookies I LIke CJ!! ;) :SmokinBanana:

Seek
08-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Okay, here is an initial plan is far as food for the MNF game. All of the details are not set in stone. However, I am going to donate the meat and BBQ sauce for this event and smoke the food myself. The only complaints I have ever received were my own, so I don't think anyone will die from it. ConnieJo has asked to help by providing some sides.

The cost for members to eat will be a donation towards the Lukemia and Lymphoma society. My family has a team that will walk in the Light the Night charity even for the LLS and all that I ask is that you either pay the LLS through our teams sponsered site, or you can pay us directly at the game. We will then deposit all of the sponsor money when we check in for the walk. You can either pay in cash or by check. The site will accept credit card or debit payments and will provide you a receipt if you want it as a write off. I will provide a link to the site at a later date, since I didn't set it up so I need to make sure it is working right.

This charity means a lot to my family, as my aunt is currently fighting lymphoma after beating once before over 15 years ago. My uncle passed away from Lukemia about three years ago in August, and my grandfather was diagnosed with lymphoma before dying of a farm accident. I have watched these cancers destroy my family and I can not imagine how hard this is one people. Donations to this site helps in so many ways.

I was planning on smoking pulled pork and probably a brisket. This all kids of depends on the amount of interest. If someone would like something else, like Ribs or Chicken please let me know and we can work something out. "may cost for a bigger donation"

Again, all the details have not been worked out so if anyone has any suggestion, please let me, Connie, Gleenbree or Canada know.

Hayvern
08-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Okay, here is an initial plan is far as food for the MNF game. All of the details are not set in stone. However, I am going to donate the meat and BBQ sauce for this event and smoke the food myself. The only complaints I have ever received were my own, so I don't think anyone will die from it. ConnieJo has asked to help by providing some sides.

The cost for members to eat will be a donation towards the Lukemia and Lymphoma society. My family has a team that will walk in the Light the Night charity even for the LLS and all that I ask is that you either pay the LLS through our teams sponsered site, or you can pay us directly at the game. We will then deposit all of the sponsor money when we check in for the walk. You can either pay in cash or by check. The site will accept credit card or debit payments and will provide you a receipt if you want it as a write off. I will provide a link to the site at a later date, since I didn't set it up so I need to make sure it is working right.

This charity means a lot to my family, as my aunt is currently fighting lymphoma after beating once before over 15 years ago. My uncle passed away from Lukemia about three years ago in August, and my grandfather was diagnosed with lymphoma before dying of a farm accident. I have watched these cancers destroy my family and I can not imagine how hard this is one people. Donations to this site helps in so many ways.

I was planning on smoking pulled pork and probably a brisket. This all kids of depends on the amount of interest. If someone would like something else, like Ribs or Chicken please let me know and we can work something out. "may cost for a bigger donation"

Again, all the details have not been worked out so if anyone has any suggestion, please let me, Connie, Gleenbree or Canada know.

WOW, Seek, that would be pretty awesome, I am going to take back some of those aweful things I said about you.

:lol:

For CapitalT and I, hwo are traveling so far, it is going to be hard for us to really bring a lot to the tailgate. Coolers, Grills, that sort of thing are out of the question. Last time, we were able to go to the store and get some stuff, but if you wanted to put all of this together, that would be really great, and then all we would need to worry about is beer.

So mark me down as interested.

Connie Jo
08-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Connie, I like Peanut Butter, Snickerdoodle and Sugar Cookies, but the Doctor says I have to stay away from sugar.

I can make some with a sugar subsitute! Will that work? :)

Peanut Butter For Sure!!!

Peanut Butter for sure! :)

I actually just found out that my cousin who recently moved from Texas to Weston MO, would like to tailgate with us as well. It will be her and her husband i assume.

I'll update the list! I'm very familiar with Weston, Mo.!

Yes I do, but I've never made your preferred flavor, and I'd likely screw them up, having no experience. I've been told by those experienced, they're very tricky cookies to make, and one has to know what they're doing for best results, lol.

Besides, I don't have the main ingredient in my baking pantry cupboards, lol. :D

Connie Jo
08-10-2010, 10:51 PM

Our friend Canada reminded me earlier, that our tailgate efforts hope to help raise donations for your Cancer charity. I initially wanted to donate 10% of my Chiefs memorabilia sold to Chiefs Crowd website, but Coach is not comfortable with my donating financially. I'm not comfortable not donating in some way related to Chiefs Crowd. So, with Canada's reminder of our MNF tailgate also being a fundraiser, I've decided to donate the 10% to that fundraiser instead. :)

Connie Jo
08-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Seek...do we need someone to volunteer bringing...bread/buns for the pulled pork & brisket? Also, what about the paper products...plates, napkins, tableware, etc.? Anything else?

Connie Jo
08-10-2010, 11:03 PM

Canada, Dan, Dell
Coach
Clint aka striken
Tammietailgator & hubby
Seek & wife
Hometeam & wife
Walter aka pbatrucker
Kevin's friends from Weston, Mo.
Hayvern & CapitalT
buffman316
bbacker51 - group of 8?

Updated list! CaptialT has been added, he's coming with Hayvern. Kevin's friends from Weston have been added to the list as well. :D

Canada
08-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Updated list! CaptialT has been added, he's coming with Hayvern. Kevin's friends from Weston have been added to the list as well. :D

Sorry CJ, Dells Girlfriend is coming to the game too so you can add one more to our group!! :bananen_smilies046:

Hayvern
08-11-2010, 12:02 AM
I can make some with a sugar subsitute! Will that work? :)

Peanut Butter for sure! :)

I'll update the list! I'm very familiar with Weston, Mo.!

Yes I do, but I've never made your preferred flavor, and I'd likely screw them up, having no experience. I've been told by those experienced, they're very tricky cookies to make, and one has to know what they're doing for best results, lol.

Besides, I don't have the main ingredient in my baking pantry cupboards, lol. :D

Don't go to too much trouble for me.

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Don't go to too much trouble for me.

It's no trouble to use a sugar subsitute! All I have to do is add a sugar subsitute instead of regular sugar. :D

Besides, it's a good idea, as many people have to watch their sugar, or sugar levels...there could easily be others needing the same, so this way you, & possibly others can enjoy cookies too! :)

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 12:34 AM

Canada, Dan, Dell & girlfriend
Coach
Clint aka striken
Tammietailgator & hubby
Seek & wife
Hometeam & wife
Walter aka pbatrucker
Hayvern & wife
buffman316
bbacker51 - group of 8?

Updated list! CapitalT is coming with Hayvern, Kevin is bringing friends, and Dell is bringing his girlfriend!

The more we have the greater the Chiefs Crowd warchant & 12th man factor will be!! As well, possibly increasing the final tally to be donated to Seek's charity battling Cancer! Besides, the more the merrier, haha.
:punk:

stricken721
08-11-2010, 12:55 AM
:thumbup1:

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 01:51 AM
:thumbup1:

Do you like those special brownies too? I know people in Kid Rock's world who make the cookies & brownies, but I've never eaten any. Thankfully, I've always been warned not to eat them, because they're "special". Many stories have it, they've knocked people flat on their backs, and they end up missing the concerts, lol.

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Speaking of back...think I'm gonna go lay mine down, haha. I'm short on sleep, have major yawnies. Night y'all...sweet Chiefs Super Bowl dreams! haha

stricken721
08-11-2010, 02:41 AM
Do you like those special brownies too? I know people in Kid Rock's world who make the cookies & brownies, but I've never eaten any. Thankfully, I've always been warned not to eat them, because they're "special". Many stories have it, they've knocked people flat on their backs, and they end up missing the concerts, lol.

Well.. I didn't have cookies. A friend made banana bread that was special and I just didn't know about it. Let's just say this.. When I woke up my friend got chewed out for not telling me, I had a headache, and I swore that I would never eat anything he baked again.

Edit: I didn't fall asleep right away, but it will turn your world upside down while you're awake.

GlennBree
08-11-2010, 07:09 AM
We are in Seek! As I told you before. We will be more than happy to donate and how about if you put us down for a HUGE package of sturdy Paper Plates? I think if everyone donates and also brings at least one item needed this will be fantastic!!

Canada
08-11-2010, 08:31 AM
I am gonna bring some beer!!

Seek
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Seek...do we need someone to volunteer bringing...bread/buns for the pulled pork & brisket? Also, what about the paper products...plates, napkins, tableware, etc.? Anything else?

Paper plates would be great. I was going to run to Sams and get the buns, they don't cost much but if someone else wanted to it would be less for me to haul.

Seek
08-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Our friend Canada reminded me earlier, that our tailgate efforts hope to help raise donations for your Cancer charity. I initially wanted to donate 10% of my Chiefs memorabilia sold to Chiefs Crowd website, but Coach is not comfortable with my donating financially. I'm not comfortable not donating in some way related to Chiefs Crowd. So, with Canada's reminder of our MNF tailgate also being a fundraiser, I've decided to donate the 10% to that fundraiser instead. :)

10% is more than anything I would expect. I was just thinking maybe pay 5 bucks a person towards a charity instead of paying a person for profit towards a tailgate dinner. If people felt generous to pay more great. I am not trying to trump any other charity efforts. I would prefer to have enough donation to cover the cost of the food, so that I could make Crowd members tailgate a little better, otherwise I would just donate the money I would spend on the meat directly to the LLS.

If prefered, we could ask for 10$ a person and split it 50/50 between LLS and the Crowd fundraiser.

Vanilla Garilla
08-11-2010, 10:33 AM
I will bring a few jugs of a local microbrew beer, and figure out something else to donate.

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Well.. I didn't have cookies. A friend made banana bread that was special and I just didn't know about it. Let's just say this.. When I woke up my friend got chewed out for not telling me, I had a headache, and I swore that I would never eat anything he baked again.

Edit: I didn't fall asleep right away, but it will turn your world upside down while you're awake.

I've not heard of 'special banana bread', haha. From what I gather, the special cookies are rather time consuming to make. The butter is mixed with the ingredient making them special, and they say getting the right combination comes with trial & error, experience. They also let it 'steep' for days to reach full potential, haha.

Thankfully, I was respectively warned prior to attending my first Kid Rock fan club concert pre-party...not to eat the cookies, or brownies, lol. I wouldn't have known not to otherwise, didn't have a clue there were 'special cookies' back then.

I've learned alot over the years I've been active in Kid Rock's website...some explicit knowledge I would have rather not read about & acquired, haha. As time passed though, most members have become respectful with not talking explicitly if I'm involved in the conversation, haha. Not because I've asked them to be, but because as they've come to know me, they say my presence is one similar to if their mother or grandmother were reading, lol. Sometimes they've even started subject threads with, 'don't read Connie Jo' in the title to warn me, haha, which I appreciate, & won't enter the thread. What I don't know can't gross me out, lol.

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 11:05 AM
10% is more than anything I would expect. I was just thinking maybe pay 5 bucks a person towards a charity instead of paying a person for profit towards a tailgate dinner. If people felt generous to pay more great. I am not trying to trump any other charity efforts. I would prefer to have enough donation to cover the cost of the food, so that I could make Crowd members tailgate a little better, otherwise I would just donate the money I would spend on the meat directly to the LLS.

If prefered, we could ask for 10$ a person and split it 50/50 between LLS and the Crowd fundraiser.

The 10% donated is a personal donation, from what I'm able to sell of my Chiefs collectibles through Chiefs Crowd, not a Chiefs Crowd fundraiser, persay. I don't have many offers, as many are struggling these days in one way or another financially, related to our failed economy, etc.. 10% may sound like a lot, but it won't be a large sum donated with few offers coming in.

The purpose of donating 10% of what I do sell, allows me to retain some dignity, not feel as if I'm taking advantage of using the site to sell my collectibles. Coach isn't comfortable with my donating directly to the website itself, so donating to your charity group is a pleasing alternative, of which still relates to benefiting Chiefs Crowd indirectly.

Also, even if it's not alot in dollar amount...I know every little bit helps, & it feels 'right' contributing what little I can to a more than worthy cause. Your charity group is as important as any other battling Cancer. Every person will be affected by some form of Cancer in their lifetime, either directly or indirectly, that's the unforuntate sad reality. Dontating to any Cancer fighting charity group benefits each of us, those we care about, regardless of specific charity, they're each after the same goal...a cure for Cancer overall. Your group is as worthy as any other, and after all...I'll be supporting one of my own...a Chiefs Crowd family member. :D

Hope that made sense, my brain isn't functioning fully yet this morning, lol.

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Paper plates would be great. I was going to run to Sams and get the buns, they don't cost much but if someone else wanted to it would be less for me to haul.

I thought of something else someone might want to volunteer to bring...potato chips, as not everyone will want to eat potato salad with their pulled pork or brisket sandwiches.

Brenda's volunteered to bring paper plates, so that leaves the following below so far, that if any member wants to volunteer contributing, let us know please so it's not duplicated. :)

Buns/Bread
Napkins, tableware (plastic forks, etc.)
Potato Chips

stricken721
08-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I thought of something else someone might want to volunteer to bring...potato chips, as not everyone will want to eat potato salad with their pulled pork or brisket sandwiches.

Brenda's volunteered to bring paper plates, so that leaves the following below so far, that if any member wants to volunteer contributing, let us know please so it's not duplicated. :)

Buns/Bread
Potato Chips

I can bring Buns and Chips.

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 12:28 PM
I can bring Buns and Chips.

AWESOME!! Thanks so much Clint!! I know Seek appreciates it too, as he will have quite a bit to haul into the parking lot with being our BBQ guy, haha. :)

That only leaves napkins & tableware to be contributed, unless something else comes up not thought of. :)

Also, if my memory is correct from participating in conversation here related to MNF, there are others who mentioned will be in attendance not on the list yet...likely haven't read the thread, or prefer not to put their names on the list, haha. At one time we thought there would be at least 75 people...but I'm thinking we could hit 100 with spouses, friends, kids, etc.. Just not sure how many to plan for. I suppose all we can do is guesstimate a number, plan around that.

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 12:35 PM
I will bring a few jugs of a local microbrew beer, and figure out something else to donate.

I missed this earlier when reading. That's awesome Kevin...thanks! :)

Seek
08-11-2010, 02:36 PM

Buns/Bread
Potato Chips

I might be able to ge the chips. Last year I did a BBQ for this charity at my work. My best friend works for Frito Lay and they graciously donated a bunch of those personaly sized bags of chips. I will see if they are willing to do that again.

Seek
08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
AWESOME!! Thanks so much Clint!! I know Seek appreciates it too, as he will have quite a bit to haul into the parking lot with being our BBQ guy, haha. :)

That only leaves napkins & tableware to be contributed, unless something else comes up not thought of. :)

Also, if my memory is correct from participating in conversation here related to MNF, there are others who mentioned will be in attendance not on the list yet...likely haven't read the thread, or prefer not to put their names on the list, haha. At one time we thought there would be at least 75 people...but I'm thinking we could hit 100 with spouses, friends, kids, etc.. Just not sure how many to plan for. I suppose all we can do is guesstimate a number, plan around that.

At this point, I am planning on cooking about 40 pounds of pork, and 40 pounds of brisket. Basically 4 pork butts and two whole briskets. The brisket may go faster but it also cost more.

Canada
08-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Anyone have any idea what we will be doing or tents/gazebos and tables for the game?

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 03:01 PM
I might be able to ge the chips. Last year I did a BBQ for this charity at my work. My best friend works for Frito Lay and they graciously donated a bunch of those personaly sized bags of chips. I will see if they are willing to do that again.

Oh, that sounds good. Clint, aka stricken said in an above post, that he'd bring the buns and chips, so if you are able to get chips donated, let us know so he won't buy & bring chips. :)

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Anyone have any idea what we will be doing or tents/gazebos and tables for the game?

That's a good question, of which I don't have a clue for an answer, nor suggestion, haha.

Seek
08-11-2010, 03:24 PM

I have a EZ up Tent and two tables. The problem for me is trying to park in lot A or B. I come in by Log N and G

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I have a EZ up Tent and two tables. The problem for me is trying to park in lot A or B. I come in by Log N and G

Well, is it possible to unload in lot A or B, then park in lot N or G? Is it possible to make an exception in this case, come in on the A/B side of Arrowhead instead of the N/G side?

GlennBree
08-11-2010, 04:08 PM
I have NO idea on where we should enter...we would love to meet someone somewhere and follow in if possible!

Seek
08-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Well, is it possible to unload in lot A or B, then park in lot N or G? Is it possible to make an exception in this case, come in on the A/B side of Arrowhead instead of the N/G side?

I was planning on trying to come in that way and park since that is generally a good midway point for most, but leaving would really suck in the morning, as it will be morning. I can't drop stuff off, unless we plan to meet somewhere after the game, and I just don't want to do that in the AM specially with kids going to school. The Royals game complicates parkint lot A and B a little, but it may also allow people to save spots better than a normal Chiefs game.

Is lot A and B red reserve?

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 10:44 PM
I was planning on trying to come in that way and park since that is generally a good midway point for most, but leaving would really suck in the morning, as it will be morning. I can't drop stuff off, unless we plan to meet somewhere after the game, and I just don't want to do that in the AM specially with kids going to school. The Royals game complicates parkint lot A and B a little, but it may also allow people to save spots better than a normal Chiefs game.

Is lot A and B red reserve?

Unless they've changed it with the "New Arrowhead"... only 'B' is red reserve and/or gold reserve. Lot A is general parking, which is where we tailgated last season.

We can meet up at the hotel many of us are staying at, which isn't far from the stadium, a couple exits off I-70. I'm coming in on Sunday, staying over at the hotel both Sunday & Monday nights. If it will help, you can come to the hotel, transfer your stuff into the truck I'll be driving...which I'm not sure yet if it will be my own truck, depends on if I have the insurance issue resolved by then...otherwise will be one of my son's trucks. You'd still have the issue of loading up in your vehicle though, or loading up into mine, then tranferring it to yours back at the hotel.

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 10:47 PM
I have NO idea on where we should enter...we would love to meet someone somewhere and follow in if possible!

You can meet us at the hotel too if that will work. :)

Vanilla Garilla
08-12-2010, 11:03 AM

Me Too Please? I will be lost if not, lol.

GlennBree
08-12-2010, 11:29 AM

I think that'll be great. :)

Seek
08-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Lot A may be full with Royals Fans.

Canada
08-12-2010, 01:49 PM
If anyone is interested in meeting at the hotel prior to the game we will be staying at the Quality Inn. 4200 Noland Rd. We can start a convoy there and head over to the game!! I will also be sending out my cell number to people who are attending prior to going to KC so we can all stay in touch!!

GlennBree
08-12-2010, 03:52 PM
If anyone is interested in meeting at the hotel prior to the game we will be staying at the Quality Inn. 4200 Noland Rd. We can start a convoy there and head over to the game!! I will also be sending out my cell number to people who are attending prior to going to KC so we can all stay in touch!!

Count us in....

stricken721
08-12-2010, 04:05 PM

Count me in for that as well.

Canada
08-12-2010, 04:07 PM

Connie Jo
08-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Lot A may be full with Royals Fans.

I honestly don't know, other than in the past Lot A/B is where I've been told to go to meet up & tailgate with Chiefs Crowd members. Canada I think is who initially mentioned us trying to park again in Lot A or B, near X-Factor's group, since many are friends with Ty, others in their group as well.

There was mention of Ty possibly having a live band, he & Rock Chalk are filming a MNF video, including tailgating activities among themselves & other fans, as well...other activities of fan comradery, that inspired wanting to tailgate near Ty's group.

I leave where we tailgate at up to others...such as Coach, Canada, you...the tribe Chief's of organizing our CC tailgate gatherings...I just follow & go where I'm told, happy to be included, hahaha.
:yahoo:

Canada
08-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Im not that fussy where we tailgate. Im not sure the difference in Lot A and Lot D. Its all beside Arrowhead to me!! Let me know where and I will be there. If we do need some info for tailgating with X Factor, I can get a hold of him and find out where he is gonna be exactly. Other than that, as long as the Crowders are together it wil be kiKC a$$ no matter where we are!!

Connie Jo
08-12-2010, 04:48 PM

I can't remember if you have my cell # or not, but I'll PM it to you, Clint, others...so y'all will have mine too. I'll already be at the hotel, I called & confirmed a room reservation to stay there Sunday/Monday nights a while back...but I think I already told you that?...can't remember, too much going on, haha. :)

Connie Jo
08-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Im not that fussy where we tailgate. Im not sure the difference in Lot A and Lot D. Its all beside Arrowhead to me!! Let me know where and I will be there. If we do need some info for tailgating with X Factor, I can get a hold of him and find out where he is gonna be exactly. Other than that, as long as the Crowders are together it wil be kiKC a$$ no matter where we are!!

Ty is always in Lot A or B, in front of Arrowhead, the area we were at with YZILLA for the season opener against the Faiders, as well as Dec. 6th against the Donks. Where Seek is talking about is on the back side of Arrowhead, facing West.

I'll go where ever y'all decide, hahaha.

Connie Jo
08-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Where we're staying at on Noland Road is East of the Stadium, we'll be coming in on the East side, which it's the East side lots A,B,C, etc.. are located. Seek is coming in from the Kansas side, West of Arrowhead, which I think is his concern with having to go over to the East side to tailgate in lots A/B...not sure?

Seek
08-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Where we're staying at on Noland Road is East of the Stadium, we'll be coming in on the East side, which it's the East side lots A,B,C, etc.. are located. Seek is coming in from the Kansas side, West of Arrowhead, which I think is his concern with having to go over to the East side to tailgate in lots A/B...not sure?

That is correct. I live up North by the airport and will be coming down 435 or heading on I70 WEST. Just on normal days without a game, that route sucks. I usually get off around 23rd street, take back roads by the junk yards under I70 at Manchester, then come up on E. Stadium Drive.

I am plan on taking 23rd street like normal but take a right to Blue Ridge and just follow it to Gate A to avoid the I 70 traffic. I just know that when I usually go that way, I get stuck way out out in BFE and have to walk a ton.

Where I normally park is a pretty good hike to lot A. I am usually in lot N, which is a hike accross lot G, and Lot M to get to A. My seats are in section 335 which is on that side.

Connie Jo
08-12-2010, 05:50 PM
That is correct. I live up North by the airport and will be coming down 435 or heading on I70 WEST. Just on normal days without a game, that route sucks. I usually get off around 23rd street, take back roads by the junk yards under I70 at Manchester, then come up on E. Stadium Drive.

I am plan on taking 23rd street like normal but take a right to Blue Ridge and just follow it to Gate A to avoid the I 70 traffic. I just know that when I usually go that way, I get stuck way out out in BFE and have to walk a ton.

Where I normally park is a pretty good hike to lot A. I am usually in lot N, which is a hike accross lot G, and Lot M to get to A. My seats are in section 335 which is on that side.

Oh, for some reason I just assumed if you were coming in from the West, it meant you were coming in from the Kansas side of KC metro, not North by the airport on the Missouri side.

If 45 over by Iatan wasn't closed, I'd be coming in taking 45 to Weston, over to Tracy catching I-29, then 435 East to I-70. With 45 closed, not sure what route I'm taking yet.

When I go to Arrowhead 435 to I-70, I try to arrive at least 2-3 hours before the game, traffic isn't an issue then, but if one goes under 2 hrs before kickoff, yep...traffic is a nightmare!

I've never tailgated on the back side of Arrowhead, facing West...but have parked over there a couple times several yrs ago. I didn't think there was as much tailgating on the West side of the stadium, though I was only parking, not tailgating, may not have noticed for that reason.

Canada
08-12-2010, 09:45 PM
I've been doing some digging and I got some good news from XFactor. There is a duo pack pass that allows us into the stadium at 9:00am on game day. The cost of the pass is $32. I would like to spend the day at Arrowhead and maybe check out a bit of the Royals game. I am wondering how many people would be interested in starting this early. the only thing I may need some help with is getting someone local who can go to the stadium and get the pass. I am going to call the stadium tomorrow and see if I can order them on line but if not I may need some help. I will gladsy send $$ to anyone who can do this!!

Connie Jo
08-13-2010, 12:34 AM
I've been doing some digging and I got some good news from XFactor. There is a duo pack pass that allows us into the stadium at 9:00am on game day. The cost of the pass is $32. I would like to spend the day at Arrowhead and maybe check out a bit of the Royals game. I am wondering how many people would be interested in starting this early. the only thing I may need some help with is getting someone local who can go to the stadium and get the pass. I am going to call the stadium tomorrow and see if I can order them on line but if not I may need some help. I will gladsy send $$ to anyone who can do this!!

Yeah, I received an email from the Chiefs related to promoting the duo game pass you're talking about. I get emails like that as a Season Ticket holder now. Didn't you already buy tickets to the Royals game though? Those wouldn't allow you into the stadium early, since the Royals game is at 2:00?

I'm confused...so are they only letting people into the parking lot at 9 AM who have this pass to attend both games? If so, when do they allow people in with tickets to the Royals game only?

I'm assuming then each person driving a vehicle into the stadium will have to obtain one of the $32 duo game passes to get in to the parking lot at 9 AM?

Canada
08-13-2010, 01:00 AM
There is a pass for all day, one for the Royals game and one for the Chiefs game. Im not sure about buying tix for the game. I have not gotten any yet, I held off until I got more info about the tailgate. Personally I dont care about the royals game, I just want to tailgate all day!!

Connie Jo
08-13-2010, 01:30 AM
There is a pass for all day, one for the Royals game and one for the Chiefs game. Im not sure about buying tix for the game. I have not gotten any yet, I held off until I got more info about the tailgate. Personally I dont care about the royals game, I just want to tailgate all day!!

Well I'm with ya wanting to tailgate all day if possible. I deleted that email, because that offer included tickets to both games, as well as the parking pass I think, & I couldn't afford to do that, especially with already having paid for the MNF tickets.

I assume the $32 is for the parking pass only, not any game tickets at that low of price? To get the duo game pass, do you have to show proof you have tickets to both games, or buy tickets at the same time you buy the pass?

Parking for the Chiefs game is $22...so $32 is only $10 more, which is well worth it to enter at 9 AM...if I don't have to buy game tickets on top of the $32, that is.

stricken721
08-13-2010, 01:32 AM
Well I'm with ya wanting to tailgate all day if possible. I deleted that email, because that offer included tickets to both games, as well as the parking pass I think, & I couldn't afford to do that, especially with already having paid for the MNF tickets.

I assume the $32 is for the parking pass only, not any game tickets at that low of price? To get the duo game pass, do you have to show proof you have tickets to both games, or buy tickets at the same time you buy the pass?

Parking for the Chiefs game is $22...so $32 is only $10 more, which is well worth it to enter at 9 AM...if I don't have to buy game tickets on top of the $32, that is.

I believe you have to have tickets for both to get that rate. I bought mine already but a friend picked the tickets and pass up for me in KC.

Connie Jo
08-13-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm also wondering if that $32 is per vehicle, or per person in the vehicle...surely it's per vehicle, haha. Heck, we could load up in my truck at the hotel, not have to pay parking for all our vehicles. It's a 4 door crew cab, short bed though...but still, I can haul alot of people in my truck, lol.

Connie Jo
08-13-2010, 01:36 AM
I believe you have to have tickets for both to get that rate. I bought mine already but a friend picked the tickets and pass up for me in KC.

So you have the pass to enter the stadium at 9 AM? How were you able to show you had already bought MNF tickets to get the Royals tickets & pass without buying more Chiefs tickets at the same time?

stricken721
08-13-2010, 01:49 AM
So you have the pass to enter the stadium at 9 AM? How were you able to show you had already bought MNF tickets to get the Royals tickets & pass without buying more Chiefs tickets at the same time?

Let me rephrase what I said.. What I should have said was I have tickets for the Royals game and a pass, BUT my friend in KC got it due to purchasing his MNF tickets when single game tickets went on sale for Jackson County residents, I just sent him the money for our Royals game tickets. We will all be going in the same vehicle.

Connie Jo
08-13-2010, 01:59 AM
Let me rephrase what I said.. What I should have said was I have tickets for the Royals game and a pass, BUT my friend in KC got it due to purchasing his MNF tickets when single game tickets went on sale for Jackson County residents, I just sent him the money for our Royals game tickets. We will all be going in the same vehicle.

Ahhhh...okay. Well, you know how they assigned us a Chiefs ST rep to contact if we had any questions or needed help with anything...wanting complete ST holder satisfaction & happiness? haha I'm gonna call mine tomorrow, and find out what options I might have as a ST holder to obtain a pass to enter at 9 AM! :D

Edit for PS: I'm also wondering if Canada can't contact Laura, the Chiefs group sales rep he arranged to buy our MNF group tickets through. She might be able to help out also, considering the group tickets Canada sold through her. :)

stricken721
08-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Ahhhh...okay. Well, you know how they assigned us a Chiefs ST rep to contact if we had any questions or needed help with anything...wanting complete ST holder satisfaction & happiness? haha I'm gonna call mine tomorrow, and find out what options I might have as a ST holder to obtain a pass to enter at 9 AM! :D

If I have to I will sneak some people in! :bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
08-13-2010, 02:12 AM
If I have to I will sneak some people in! :bananen_smilies046:

Yeah, that's why I was wondering how they possibly planned to control people riding in vehicles with others who didn't have tickets to both games. Also, my thought behind I wonder if each person had to have this 9 AM pass...if one was issued per vehicle, or a pass issued per ticket purchased/per person so to speak.

GlennBree
08-13-2010, 07:43 AM
We won't be able to be out there EXTREMELY early. We have lunch plans with my brother and sister-in-law, who I haven't seen in about 5 years. :)
We will however be available late afternoonish...would still like to meet up somewhere and follow in. If not, that's ok too. Just tell us where to find everyone once we get there...make sure we've got phone numbers ...and we'll find ya!

Canada
08-13-2010, 08:22 AM
We won't be able to be out there EXTREMELY early. We have lunch plans with my brother and sister-in-law, who I haven't seen in about 5 years. :)
We will however be available late afternoonish...would still like to meet up somewhere and follow in. If not, that's ok too. Just tell us where to find everyone once we get there...make sure we've got phone numbers ...and we'll find ya!

Lightweight!! :D

Bring them for lunch at Arrowhead!! I have not seen your brother in 35 years!!

Seek
08-13-2010, 09:15 AM
There is just as much tailgating on the West as the East. Everyone kind of has their set areas, at least in Lot N.

Canada
08-13-2010, 01:33 PM
There is just as much tailgating on the West as the East. Everyone kind of has their set areas, at least in Lot N.

I say you pick the spot and we will all meet there!! :bananen_smilies046:

Seek
08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
I say you pick the spot and we will all meet there!! :bananen_smilies046:

I will try to find you all in Lot A so you can be by the Superfans. It is a more central place for everyone too. Just make sure you save me a spot for our SUV, (Plenty of room ,a car ding on my wife's new car will never be the end of it), and the tent which takes up about 1.5 parking spots. Usually we park in the median area where the tent is not in the parking lot, or we pull our cars up into the median and use our true parking spots as the tent grounds.

Both my wife, my sister and I took work off, so we "Shouldn't be late" enough to cause and issue.

I have been thinking about purchasing an additional pop up tent.

I don't have a flag pole or anything easy for everyone to find. Other than we will be driving a White Toyota Highlander, and the tent is white.

Connie Jo
08-13-2010, 04:11 PM
The problem if hauling stuff, will be trying to drive through the parking lot to where we're tailgating if arriving later. Assuming that is, we will set up as early as possible and be close to the front of the stadium in Lot A, as was the case last season tailgating. Once people start filling the lots, setting up their grills, chairs, tents, toss games, etc...it's impossible to drive a vehicle through the lot between parking rows. This is especially true when tailgating closer to the stadium. If arriving late with the lot fairly full...you'd have to park your vehicle wherever, then walk to where we're at...which is no big deal if you're not hauling stuff, or have a problem walking.

Trying to coordinate this would've been less complicated if there wasn't a Royal's game on the same day, sharing parking lots...and concern over when to enter the stadium, early in hope of claiming a good position with tailgating, haha.

As far as a flag pole to mark our location with...all I can think of as an alternative is possibly having some type of eyesore hellium balloons tied together, anchored & flying high? Chiefs theme balloons may be around, might not be disquinishable enough to an eye looking for a landmark.

Well, another alternative would be to let Canada fly circles above our tailgate location, wave everyone over to where we're at...he CAN fly, according to one of his recent Facebook status', LOL. He even has his own Chiefs Flag Super Cape!

Connie Jo
08-13-2010, 04:25 PM
OH, this is what I was told from someone at the Chiefs/Royals sports complex ticket office...

She said a pass is not needed. If you want to enter stadium parking prior to 3:30 PM...you will pay $32 for parking...$10 for Royals and $22 for the Chiefs. If you come after 3:30 you pay only the $22 parking to attend the Chiefs game. She didn't know what time stadium parking opens, but said she assumed 2-3 hours before the Royals game at 2:15.

I asked her about a 9 AM time with a pass, she knew nothing about that.

GlennBree
08-13-2010, 07:23 PM
The problem if hauling stuff, will be trying to drive through the parking lot to where we're tailgating if arriving later. Assuming that is, we will set up as early as possible and be close to the front of the stadium in Lot A, as was the case last season tailgating. Once people start filling the lots, setting up their grills, chairs, tents, toss games, etc...it's impossible to drive a vehicle through the lot between parking rows. This is especially true when tailgating closer to the stadium. If arriving late with the lot fairly full...you'd have to park your vehicle wherever, then walk to where we're at...which is no big deal if you're not hauling stuff, or have a problem walking.

Trying to coordinate this would've been less complicated if there wasn't a Royal's game on the same day, sharing parking lots...and concern over when to enter the stadium, early in hope of claiming a good position with tailgating, haha.

As far as a flag pole to mark our location with...all I can think of as an alternative is possibly having some type of eyesore hellium balloons tied together, anchored & flying high? Chiefs theme balloons may be around, might not be disquinishable enough to an eye looking for a landmark.

Well, another alternative would be to let Canada fly circles above our tailgate location, wave everyone over to where we're at...he CAN fly, according to one of his recent Facebook status', LOL. He even has his own Chiefs Flag Super Cape!

I think the Canadian flag thing is a GREAT idea!! There aren't likely to be too many of those!!! What do ya think Canada?

:chiefs: :sFl_canada2: :canbeer: :punk: :feedback:

Canada
08-14-2010, 10:48 AM
I have a 6'x8' flag, I just need to find a flag pole for it when i get down there!! We bring it to every game!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13554_368408875006_588035006_9888115_1308934_n.jpg

tammietailgator
08-14-2010, 10:55 AM
I have a flag pole for you!!!

GlennBree
08-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Whew Hoooo! Things are coming together for sure!!!! :)

I really am excited about meeting all of you guys finally. I feel like I know some of you already! This is sure to be "some kind of fun"!! :)

tammietailgator
08-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Ok... I have not been keeping myself updated with this thread. What do I need to bring? I can do sides, meat, buns anything really and I am local. I will bring a flag pole for Canada. Just let me know.

Connie Jo
08-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Ok... I have not been keeping myself updated with this thread. What do I need to bring? I can do sides, meat, buns anything really and I am local. I will bring a flag pole for Canada. Just let me know.

Well, I'm not sure. Seek is planning on doing pulled pork and brisket, he's bringing the grill I think, two tables, a tent, maybe two tents. Stricken is bringing the buns and some chips. I'm bringing homemade potato salad, baked beans, a variety of my cookies, and fudge. Brenda is donating the paper plates. Canada is bringing a Canadian Flag to landmark our location with, you're bringing the pole, haha. Vanilla is bringing a few jugs of local brewed beer.

I think the beverages or beer are bring your own??? Anything you, or anyone else wants to add to that is cool! I think we still need someone to donate napkins & tableware (forks/spoons). I'm bringing the only two side dishes so far....so a couple more side dishes maybe?...cole slaw, fruit salad, anything that works with BBQing.

RECAP:

Seek - pulled pork, brisket, grill, tents, tables
Stricken - buns, potato chips
Me - potato salad, baked beans, cookies, fudge
Brenda - paper plates
Vanilla - jugs of local brewed beer
Canada - landmark Canadian flag
Tammie - flag pole

tornadospotter
08-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Canada, needs a no parking sign! Just in case!

Connie Jo
08-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Tammie, or anyone else...I have another suggestion for an additional side dish...a pasta salad?

My son & his wife cooked out last night, had some of their 4 wheelin buddies & gals over...included me since some of his buddies are mine too, haha. My DIL made a pasta salad, which initiated thought of suggesting a pasta salad on our tailgate menu??? :)

tammietailgator
08-16-2010, 02:50 AM
David made an awesome pasta salad the other night.... I will ask him to do it for MNF. I will bring a surprise! How about that? Shhhhhh Canada!!!! Not what you are thinking!!!! LOL!

Canada
08-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Chili!!

Canada
08-16-2010, 06:18 AM
David made an awesome pasta salad the other night.... I will ask him to do it for MNF. I will bring a surprise! How about that? Shhhhhh Canada!!!! Not what you are thinking!!!! LOL!

Yes it is!! I even heard you guys started doing it Canadian style!! :D

GlennBree
08-16-2010, 07:39 AM
Canadian Style ..............????

Canada
08-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Canadian Style ..............????

mmmm hmmmm...and they love it!!

Seek
08-16-2010, 12:48 PM
mmmm hmmmm...and they love it!!
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/08/27.jpg

Seek
08-16-2010, 12:59 PM
All, as I had stated in a previous post, I am donating the meat for the Monday Night Tailgate in an attempt to raise money for the Lukemia and Lymphoma Society. Attached is the link to the site if you would like to donate. If anything, please just look at the link to see what the donations go towards.

Thanks to all!!

My Fundraising Page (http://pages.lightthenight.org/mid/KSCity10/TArmentrout2gj)

GlennBree
08-16-2010, 01:02 PM
hahahahahahhahha!

Canada
08-16-2010, 02:25 PM
All, as I had stated in a previous post, I am donating the meat for the Monday Night Tailgate in an attempt to raise money for the Lukemia and Lymphoma Society. Attached is the link to the site if you would like to donate. If anything, please just look at the link to see what the donations go towards.

Thanks to all!!

My Fundraising Page (http://pages.lightthenight.org/mid/KSCity10/TArmentrout2gj)

Is it cool if I give you money when I get down there?

Seek
08-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Is it cool if I give you money when I get down there?

Absolutely. The link is if you want to use a credit card and get a receipt.

Canada
08-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Absolutely. The link is if you want to use a credit card and get a receipt.

Gotcha!! :bananen_smilies046:

GlennBree
08-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Is there a certain amount that you are requesting per person?

Canada
08-18-2010, 10:13 AM

I'll take $40 a person!! :D

Seek
08-18-2010, 09:25 PM

Not really. I know money is tight for some people so I don't expect much. I would think 5 dollars a person would be reasonable. If people would say, wow that is a great deal I was expecting something like 10 to 15, and would like to donate more. That is great.

Connie Jo
08-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Well, I'm not sure. Seek is planning on doing pulled pork and brisket, he's bringing the grill I think, two tables, a tent, maybe two tents. Stricken is bringing the buns and some chips. I'm bringing homemade potato salad, baked beans, a variety of my cookies, and fudge. Brenda is donating the paper plates. Canada is bringing a Canadian Flag to landmark our location with, you're bringing the pole, haha. Vanilla is bringing a few jugs of local brewed beer.

I think the beverages or beer are bring your own??? Anything you, or anyone else wants to add to that is cool! I think we still need someone to donate napkins & tableware (forks/spoons). I'm bringing the only two side dishes so far....so a couple more side dishes maybe?...cole slaw, fruit salad, anything that works with BBQing.

RECAP:

Me - potato salad, baked beans, cookies, fudge
Brenda - paper plates
Tammie - flag pole

Updated Recap list below of who's bringing what. We still need someone to donate bringing napkins & tableware aka plastic forks, spoons, knives. :)

RECAP:

Me - potato salad, baked beans, cookies, fudge, *may also be bringing apple cobbler*
Brenda - paper plates
Tammie - flag pole & pasta salad, plus a surprise! haha

GlennBree
08-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Not really. I know money is tight for some people so I don't expect much. I would think 5 dollars a person would be reasonable. If people would say, wow that is a great deal I was expecting something like 10 to 15, and would like to donate more. That is great.

What you're doing is not only a lot of work, but for a great charity as well. We will be more than happy to donate more than you are asking!
Can't wait to meet you all!! :yahoo:

Vanilla Garilla
08-19-2010, 11:05 AM
I will gladly bring the napkins, forks, spoons, knives and etc.

Updated Recap list below of who's bringing what. We still need someone to donate bringing napkins & tableware aka plastic forks, spoons, knives. :)

RECAP:

Me - potato salad, baked beans, cookies, fudge, *may also be bringing apple cobbler*
Brenda - paper plates

Canada
08-19-2010, 11:30 AM
I will bring rolling papers and beer!!:D

stricken721
08-19-2010, 11:44 AM

:sign0087:

Canada
08-19-2010, 12:02 PM
:sign0087::SmokinBanana:

GlennBree
08-20-2010, 04:20 PM

That's a given! :sFl_canada2:

Connie Jo
08-21-2010, 05:29 PM

RECAP:

Brenda - paper plates

Okay, newly updated list! I think we have everything covered now...don't we? If any one thinks of anything else let us know.
RECAP:

Brenda - paper plates
Vanilla - jugs of local brewed beer, tableware & napkins
Canada - landmark Canadian flag, beer, and rolling papers, LOL.

stricken721
08-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Okay, newly updated list! I think we have everything covered now...don't we? If any one thinks of anything else let us know.
RECAP:

Brenda - paper plates
Vanilla - jugs of local brewed beer, tableware & napkins
Canada - landmark Canadian flag, beer, and rolling papers, LOL.

What about Soft drinks? Should we just bring our own? Cause like me I'm not old enough to drink.. legally, and the person coming with me doesn't drink at all.

Connie Jo
08-21-2010, 05:44 PM
What about Soft drinks? Should we just bring our own? Cause like me I'm not old enough to drink.. legally, and the person coming with me doesn't drink at all.

Well, I just assumed beverages were bring your own?? Canada mentioned bringing beer of course, but not sure if he actually meant it literally for everyone attending or not? That would be alot of beer, assuming most will be drinking beer.

stricken721
08-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Well, I just assumed beverages were bring your own?? Canada mentioned bringing beer of course, but not sure if he actually meant it literally for everyone attending or not? That would be alot of beer, assuming most will be drinking beer.

Yeah that's fine, that's what I was thinking. When it comes to that I will just bring my own. :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
08-21-2010, 08:16 PM

Im gonna grab as much Canadian beer as I can carry on the plane and Im bringing it to the tailgate for anyone and everyone who wants one. Legal age for Canadian beer is 19!! :bananen_smilies046:

GlennBree
08-22-2010, 03:38 PM
and we HAVE to get some GREAT pics of everyone at the Tailgate!! I've been going on and on to all these silly Cowboys fans about how the Chiefs Fans do it better than anyone! I wanna have lots and lots of pics to show and post!!

Connie Jo
08-22-2010, 07:58 PM
and we HAVE to get some GREAT pics of everyone at the Tailgate!! I've been going on and on to all these silly Cowboys fans about how the Chiefs Fans do it better than anyone! I wanna have lots and lots of pics to show and post!!

My camera is #1 on my list of what to bring with me, not to forget, haha. :D

Connie Jo
08-22-2010, 08:14 PM
I honestly don't know, other than in the past Lot A/B is where I've been told to go to meet up & tailgate with Chiefs Crowd members. Canada I think is who initially mentioned us trying to park again in Lot A or B, near X-Factor's group, since many are friends with Ty, others in their group as well.

There was mention of Ty possibly having a live band, he & Rock Chalk are filming a MNF video, including tailgating activities among themselves & other fans, as well...other activities of fan comradery, that inspired wanting to tailgate near Ty's group.

I leave where we tailgate at up to others...such as Coach, Canada, you...the tribe Chief's of organizing our CC tailgate gatherings...I just follow & go where I'm told, happy to be included, hahaha.

Oh holy misspell...I must have been totally brain exhausted...or too darn lazy to check how I was spelling it, just sounded it out, LOL. Anyway, was going back through this thread verifying some info of who offered to bring what, when I caught how I spelled camaraderie, haha. Oh well...boo boo's happen sometimes!

Connie Jo
08-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Updated list! CapitalT is coming with Hayvern, Kevin is bringing friends, and Dell is bringing his girlfriend!

The more we have the greater the Chiefs Crowd warchant & 12th man factor will be!! As well, possibly increasing the final tally to be donated to Seek's charity battling Cancer. Besides, the more the merrier, haha. I know there are more who've mentioned being there, just can't recall everyone. Add your name if you're not on the list and will be attending!
:punk:

Updated List! :bananen_smilies046:

Coach
Seek, wife & sister in law
Connie Jo
Clint aka striken & guest
Tammietailgator & hubby
Hometeam & wife
Walter aka pbatrucker
Kevin's friends - couple
Hayvern & CapitalT
buffman316
bbacker51 - group of 8?
Jacko58 & his girlfriend

I know there are more who've mentioned being at MNF, just can't recall everyone. Add your name if you're not on the list and will be attending our Chiefs Crowd tailgate gathering. :D

stricken721
08-22-2010, 11:36 PM
That's gonna be one big group and one big party. This should be a lot of fun!

Seek
08-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Is that it, I thought there was going to be more. There will probably be left overs.

GlennBree
08-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Is that it, I thought there was going to be more. There will probably be left overs.

I have a feeling it will be more people! Everyone's gonna wanna hang out with us!
Chiefs Crowd is gonna ROCK MNF!!!

Connie Jo
08-23-2010, 06:50 PM

Nah, there's more, cause I remember others mentioning they would be going to MNF in the past several weeks. Many I don't think read as much in the Locker Room, or just aren't comfortable with noting they'll be joining us.

Remember it's a work day too, some might be considering taking a sick day, don't really want it out on the net they'll be attending MNF & tailgating. :D

Connie Jo
08-23-2010, 06:55 PM
I have a feeling it will be more people! Everyone's gonna wanna hang out with us!
Chiefs Crowd is gonna ROCK MNF!!!

THIS!! hahaha

There likely will be some passing by who stop & join in, we're a friendly bunch welcoming fellow Chiefs fans! Maybe we can recruit new members to Chiefs Crowd while we're at it, hahaha. :D

GlennBree
08-26-2010, 08:51 AM
It's gettn closer baby!!! :)
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

nigeriannightmare
08-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Nigeriannightmare will be passing through. Plus 5

GlennBree
08-28-2010, 10:56 AM

whoooo hoooooo!!! :punk:

Canada
08-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I assume that means you found some tickets you lke? :bananen_smilies046:

GlennBree
08-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Less than 2 weeks and we'll be in KANSAS CITY!!

Seek
08-30-2010, 01:33 PM

Thanks to all!!

Bumping the link, just in case people want to use the site instead of paying at the parking lot.

Connie Jo
08-31-2010, 01:33 AM

AWESOME!! I'll update the list of attendee's, and include you plus 5, haha!
See ya there!!

Connie Jo
08-31-2010, 01:38 AM
Updated List! :bananen_smilies046:

Coach
Connie Jo
Tammietailgator & hubby
Hometeam & wife
Walter aka pbatrucker
Kevin's friends - couple
Hayvern & CapitalT
buffman316
bbacker51 - group of 8?
Jacko58 & his girlfriend

I know there are more who've mentioned being at MNF, just can't recall everyone. Add your name if you're not on the list and will be attending our Chiefs Crowd tailgate gathering. :D

Updated attendance list!! I've added nigeriannightmare & 5 coming with him! Also, my Chiefs buddy Kelly from Wisconsin will definitely be there, & is bringing his adult son (23) & son's friend. Kelly's been a member here since 2007, his user name is seaofred (I think). I just can't talk him into participating! Y'all need to help me encourage him at the tailgate!!

Coach
Connie Jo, plus friends Kelly, Brett, & his friend from Wisconsin.
Tammietailgator & hubby
Hometeam & wife
Walter aka pbatrucker
Kevin's friends - couple
Hayvern & CapitalT
buffman316
bbacker51 - group of 8?
Jacko58 & his girlfriend
nigeriannightmare + 5 with him

GlennBree
08-31-2010, 11:14 AM
I can't wait! I'm getting sooo anxious!!

Connie Jo
08-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Me too Brenda!! That's a full weekend of fun for me! Saturday the 11th I'll be attending a friends wedding reception in Kansas City. The next morning, the 12th...I'll check into the hotel Canada arranged for our Chiefs Crowd group. I have the 12th & 13th to celebrate the return of MNF to Arrowhead, haha. I'll return home on Tuesday the 14th.

It will be nice for me to get away, have fun, fun, fun over 3 days among friends! :)

stricken721
08-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Me too Brenda!! That's a full weekend of fun for me! Saturday the 11th I'll be attending a friends wedding reception in Kansas City. The next morning, the 12th...I'll check into the hotel Canada arranged for our Chiefs Crowd group. I have the 12th & 13th to celebrate the return of MNF to Arrowhead, haha. I'll return home on Tuesday the 14th.

It will be nice for me to get away, have fun, fun, fun over 3 days among friends! :)

Did you check about the tour CJ?

Connie Jo
08-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Oh no!! I keep forgetting about that Clint! The wedding reception is in the evening, so I have the day if I want to tour the stadium. I'll make myself a note right now to call my ticket sales rep. Thanks for the reminder! :)

stricken721
08-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Oh no!! I keep forgetting about that Clint! The wedding reception is in the evening, so I have the day if I want to tour the stadium. I'll make myself a note right now to call my ticket sales rep. Thanks for the reminder! :)

No problem. My tour is at 11. Hopefully you can join us.

Connie Jo
09-01-2010, 10:24 PM
No problem. My tour is at 11. Hopefully you can join us.

Well, even with making myself a note I forgot, haha. This is what happens when a mind in their 50's becomes overwhelmed & preoccupied with too much at once, lol.

I will be at Arrowhead tomorrow night for the Packers game! It will be the first time I've seen the stadium since the Browns game in December 2009. Was at the indoor training facility for Draft Day in April, so didn't get to see the stadium then.

GO CHIEFS!!
:chiefs:

hometeam
09-02-2010, 05:22 PM
I would like to say..

you have me listed as 'hometeam and wife'

when it will actually be 'hometeam and traitor charger fan best friend'

GlennBree
09-03-2010, 07:17 AM
I would like to say..

:meow:

Seek
09-03-2010, 09:16 AM
I would like to say..

I have the right to refuse service to traitor charger fans... Tell your friend to pack his dinner.

Canada
09-03-2010, 01:58 PM
I have the right to refuse service to traitor charger fans... Tell your friend to pack his dinner.:lol:

Seek
09-03-2010, 03:30 PM
They promoted a couple times at the game last nigth to be in your seats 30 minutes before the game for a special presentation. I don't know what that is, but I was just giving everyone a heads up.

Also, if you plan to buy anything at the NFL shop at arrowhead, RIP off... They were listing some shirts for 85$ that are 50$ everywhere else, but you should go see the store if you have time.

There is a kids science shop in there, that has a whack a mole game, with little Riaders as the moles... The kids were loving that.

hometeam
09-03-2010, 06:20 PM
My buddy will be with me the whole time, including tailgating with us~

Charger fans gotta eat too. Even if they are traitorous missouri citizens~

GlennBree
09-04-2010, 10:51 AM
I have the right to refuse service to traitor charger fans... Tell your friend to pack his dinner.
:chiefs:

GlennBree
09-04-2010, 10:53 AM
They promoted a couple times at the game last nigth to be in your seats 30 minutes before the game for a special presentation. I don't know what that is, but I was just giving everyone a heads up.

Also, if you plan to buy anything at the NFL shop at arrowhead, RIP off... They were listing some shirts for 85$ that are 50$ everywhere else, but you should go see the store if you have time.

There is a kids science shop in there, that has a whack a mole game, with little Riaders as the moles... The kids were loving that.

Oh Snap! I want a wach a mole/Raider game!!! That's awesome! :D

Canada
09-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Hey guys, if anyone interested in exchanging phone numbers so we can stay in touch in KC feel free to send me a PM. I will be available by text message only. If you do not want to give out your phone number we will be staying at the Quality Inn on Noland Rd. You can always get a hold of us there!!

LasVegasWJT
09-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Is anyone invited? I will be staying at Motel 6 on Noland and my sister will be dropping me off.... Let me know if this is an open invite...
And being that I will be coming from out of town, I won't be able to bring anything physical... but am more than willing to make a donation to food/charity or whatever...

Feel free to email me at LasVegasWJT@cox.net...

LasVegasWJT
09-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Count me in... would someone please send me details on where everyone is meeting and such?? ....:chiefs:

Canada
09-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Is anyone invited? I will be staying at Motel 6 on Noland and my sister will be dropping me off.... Let me know if this is an open invite...
And being that I will be coming from out of town, I won't be able to bring anything physical... but am more than willing to make a donation to food/charity or whatever...

Feel free to email me at LasVegasWJT@cox.net...We are gonna be at the Quality Inn on Noland rd. As for the tailgate, we will all be meeting up somewhere (just not exactly sure where yet) but you are more than welcome to join us!! when are you getting into town? The tailgate is open to anyone and everyone with donations for food going to a cancer fundraiser. Shoot me a PM and we will make sure to hook up!! :bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
09-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I would like to say..

I suppose I had best make a correction then hadn't I? We sure wouldn't want to make the wrong assumptions that your "traitor charger fan best friend" is your wife, hahaha. :)

Connie Jo
09-04-2010, 06:22 PM

Feel free to email me at LasVegasWJT@cox.net...

Hey, as Canada explained, EVERY ONE is welcome!! I will be staying at the same Quality Inn motel as Canada & other Chiefs Crowd members, that are flying in, though I'm driving in, so will have my vehicle. If you need someone to pick you up, etc....not a problem, no need to waste money on cab fare, as you mentioned in your Yahoo message through the Fantasy League. Just holler at me, let me know your plans, time you need transportation, etc..

Connie Jo
09-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Updated attendance list!! I've corrected who is coming with Hometeam to his "traitor Chargers fan best friend", lol. I've also added LasVegasWJT. Any other updates I need to make y'all?

Coach
Connie Jo, plus friends Kelly, Brett, & his friend Ben from Wisconsin.
Tammietailgator & hubby
Hometeam & "traitor Chargers fan best friend"
Walter aka pbatrucker
Kevin's friends - couple
Hayvern & CapitalT
buffman316
bbacker51 - group of 8?
Jacko58 & his girlfriend
LasVegasWJT

LasVegasWJT
09-05-2010, 03:07 AM
Thanks for including me!!!

If anyone wants to add me on facebook... http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/BartenderWJT (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#%21/BartenderWJT)

Vanilla Garilla
09-05-2010, 10:13 AM
8 Days till Gametime Baby! Whos ready?

GlennBree
09-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Me Me Me!!!!

Connie Jo
09-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks for including me!!!

If anyone wants to add me on facebook... Incompatible Browser | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/BartenderWJT)

Accepted your request this morning with pleasure!! We're gonna ROCK Arrowhead and kick some Chargers butt! YEEHAW!

Connie Jo
09-05-2010, 02:28 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Connie Jo
09-05-2010, 02:33 PM

I visited their pro shop when at the Packers game Thursday night. They have some awesome stuff...but you're right, way over priced, and way beyond my budget. Shoot, I typically buy my Chiefs gear at JC Penney 50% off or more, or on Ebay from individual fans like me, who have things listed 'like new never worn', etc.. It's been a long time since I've bought anything though. Stuff sure is pricey!!

jacko58
09-05-2010, 06:18 PM
i have two other chief fans goin with me (my fiance her second game) (a friend his first ever game). persionaly itll be my eighth visit so im pretty excited

Seek
09-05-2010, 06:43 PM
What ja the total count as of now. Going to buy the meat on Wednesday.

Connie Jo
09-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Updated attendance list!! I've added Jacko58's friend, corrected who is coming with Hometeam to his "traitor Chargers fan best friend", lol. I've also added LasVegasWJT. Any other updates I need to make y'all?

Coach
Tammietailgator & hubby
Walter aka pbatrucker
Kevin's friends - couple
Hayvern & CapitalT
buffman316
bbacker51 - group of 8?
Jacko58, his girlfriend, & friend
LasVegasWJT

@ Seek...Total from this list is approximately 48...but I have a feeling there will be more than that. As I said, some may not want to commit, nor post so publicly if they're skipping out of work early, or all together, haha.

Canada
09-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Dan and I eat A LOT. You can count us as 2 people each!!

jacko58
09-06-2010, 01:03 AM
I was wondering and im to lazy to look back through 17 pages of forum to see lol. is there anything that we will need to bring to the tailgate? Ive been to plenty of games but I have never been a serious part of a tailgate.... i know thats what we chiefs are known for i feel ashamed lol so just let me know whats needed

stricken721
09-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Dan and I eat A LOT. You can count us as 2 people each!!

Me too.

Canada
09-06-2010, 11:16 AM
I was wondering and im to lazy to look back through 17 pages of forum to see lol. is there anything that we will need to bring to the tailgate? Ive been to plenty of games but I have never been a serious part of a tailgate.... i know thats what we chiefs are known for i feel ashamed lol so just let me know whats needed

You can bring beer for Canada!! :D

Connie Jo
09-06-2010, 12:55 PM

I think we have everything covered as far as food, etc.. Unless I've missed something...all you need to bring is your own beer or beverage, chairs if you need them, and of course yourself & friends, haha. Our Chiefs Crowd tailgate is hoping to raise funds to benefit a Cancer charity our fellow member Seek works with, so donations will be appreciated to help cover cost of food, as well as benefit the charity. The amount donated is up to you, but a minimum amount of $5.00 per person has been suggested. :)

dennystillchiefs
09-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Eighteen of us coming down 14 from wisconsin two from San Diego, two from Galena Ill for the monday night game going to do alittle tailgateing also were will you guy,s be at were going to get there earley at least like to come over and interduce myself, can't wait arrowhead will be rocking.

Connie Jo
09-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Eighteen of us coming down 14 from wisconsin two from San Diego, two from Galena Ill for the monday night game going to do alittle tailgateing also were will you guy,s be at were going to get there earley at least like to come over and interduce myself, can't wait arrowhead will be rocking.

Look for a group flying a large Canadian Flag. Canada aka Dave, is bringing his Canadian flag to not only mark our location uniquely, but to also represent his Canadian Chiefs pride. :D

At this time it's planned for us to be on the East side of the stadium, Lot A. We also plan on getting there early, to set up the tables, tents, food, etc.. If for some reason the lot location changes, I will post that info here prior to Monday.

Several of us are staying at the Quality Inn on Noland Road, two exits East of Arrowhead. We may use it as a location to meet up with others and convoy into Arrowhead together.

Canada
09-06-2010, 11:35 PM
I think we are gonna be around lot A. Look for the big Canada flag!!

....what she said!!

LasVegasWJT
09-07-2010, 12:26 AM
I will be looking for a big Canada flag... if I don't hook up near Quality INN!!!

Connie Jo
09-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Updated attendance list!! I've added dennystillchiefs group of 18 coming in for the game & tailgate. This kicks us up to around 70...if I count Canada, Dan, & Clint as 2, hahaha.

Coach
Tammietailgator & hubby
Walter aka pbatrucker
Kevin's friends - couple
Hayvern & CapitalT
buffman316
bbacker51 - group of 8?
Jacko58, his girlfriend, & friend
LasVegasWJT
dennystillchiefs - 18

Connie Jo
09-07-2010, 01:41 AM
I will be looking for a big Canada flag... if I don't hook up near Quality INN!!!

If you need a ride to the stadium Willie, give me a shout! No reason to pay cab fare...I don't think your hotel is that far from the Quality Inn, since they're both on Noland Road.

jacko58
09-07-2010, 08:52 AM
canada what kind of beer you like my friend! lol

Canada
09-07-2010, 09:14 AM
canada what kind of beer you like my friend! lol

I was just kidding, but if its cold, wet and tastes like beer then Im happy!! :bananen_smilies046:

*My fav drink is Guiness with a shot of Bushmills Irish Whiskey in it!! :toast2:

GlennBree
09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Come on MONDAY!!!!
HEY~ we wanna meet up with you guys and follow everyone in to the game...You that have my number please give me a 'round about' time that you plan on heading out from your hotel.

Connie Jo
09-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Come on MONDAY!!!!
HEY~ we wanna meet up with you guys and follow everyone in to the game...You that have my number please give me a 'round about' time that you plan on heading out from your hotel.

Well, that's the only part of this tailgate game plan that seems sketchy to me...what time we will be going to the stadium. Near as I can determine, gates will open at around 11 AM for the Royals game. I was told you can enter the parking lots even if not going to the Royals game, as long as you're willing to pay $10 parking, but that you'll also have to pay the $22 parking for the Chiefs game.

I don't have a clue how they intend to determine who's entering the lots attending the Royals game or not, unless they ask to see a Royals game ticket when entering. The gal at the stadium I talked to just said if you enter before 3 PM parking is $32, if after 3 PM it's $22.

Anyway, maybe Canada or Seek know more than I do about what time we plan to be at the stadium, setting up, begin tailgating????

Canada
09-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I guess that is something we should talk about. I was hoping to go to the stadiunm sometime around noon. Dell and his girlfriend are getting in around 10am and coming to the hotel so Im gonna wait for them and then I am good to go whenever.

Who is getting the parking pass? I we need to get one early, I can pay for one or if someone wants to get one I can pay them back when I get there. I assume Seek will need the pass as he is the chef so whatever he says is good with me. I think between noon and 1 pm is a good time to head down but le me konw what you all think!!

Connie Jo
09-07-2010, 09:06 PM
I guess that is something we should talk about. I was hoping to go to the stadiunm sometime around noon. Dell and his girlfriend are getting in around 10am and coming to the hotel so Im gonna wait for them and then I am good to go whenever.

Who is getting the parking pass? I we need to get one early, I can pay for one or if someone wants to get one I can pay them back when I get there. I assume Seek will need the pass as he is the chef so whatever he says is good with me. I think between noon and 1 pm is a good time to head down but le me konw what you all think!!

Well, if it works for everyone else...why don't we go with a 12:30 PM time for those wanting to meet up at the hotel to meet up there...such as Brenda, Kevin, others. Plan on leaving the hotel no later than 1:00 PM towards the stadium from the hotel.

If Dell & his girlfriend arrive at KCI around 10 AM on Monday...it could take them an hour to retrieve baggage, make the drive over to the hotel. KCI to the hotel is a good 1/2 hour drive, depending upon traffic, road construction.

We don't need a parking pass unless you're wanting Red or Gold reserve parking, that is? We're gonna need more than one parking space, so it would mean buying a Red or Gold reserve pass per vehicle, that's if they're not already sold out. We'll have many vehicles, but of course not everyone needs to park side by side.

I would tend to think it would be better just to meet at the hotel, then convoy over to the stadium and in to the parking lots. Each vehicle in our convoy paying for parking as we enter...then convoying to what ever parking we see is available to accomodate all of our vehicles, as well as space to set up tents & tables. I have no idea how crowded the lots will be by 12:30-1:00...we'll likely just have to take what's available best suited for our needs, hope for the best.

Okay, so what do y'all think then? Meet at the Quality Inn hotel around 12:30 for those wanting to convoy to Arrowhead. Then pay for parking as each of us driving vehicles in the convoy enters the stadium, then convoy once inside the parking lots to whatever parking area we're able to that looks to accomodate our needs best?

hometeam
09-07-2010, 09:10 PM
I was planning on hooking up with you guys at the hotel and then doing whatever. I prob wont get to the hotel until around 11am.

Connie Jo
09-07-2010, 09:10 PM
General admission parking passes aren't reserved, they're simply passes bought in advance, no guaranteed particular spot, you just go where the attendants tell you to go, same as any one paying for parking as they enter the stadium.

Connie Jo
09-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I was planning on hooking up with you guys at the hotel and then doing whatever. I prob wont get to the hotel until around 11am.

Well, if you plan on arriving around 11 AM...do you want to kick it up to a noon time, rather than 12:30...for everyone to meet at the hotel? Arrive at the stadium around 12:30, rather than 1ish? I'll be there early in the morning, so any time is fine by me to leave the hotel for the stadium?

tornadospotter
09-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Just be sure to not let the rent a cops, threaten to tow you for parking where you want, and not where they want you to. Like they did to us when we all met up for the first Chiefs Crowd Tailgate and game! The tow trucks actually were called and showed up, was going to tow my daughter's ( Wiski girl) car first! Also, keep Styrofoam coolers away from Tammietailgator. :D

Connie Jo
09-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Just be sure to not let the rent a cops, threaten to tow you for parking where you want, and not where they want you to. Like they did to us when we all met up for the first Chiefs Crowd Tailgate and game! The tow trucks actually were called and showed up, was going to tow my daughter's ( Wiski girl) car first! Also, keep Styrofoam coolers away from Tammietailgator. :D

:lol: Oh, I wanna hear this story!! Why should we keep styrofoam coolers away from Tammie?

Yeah, I wanted to park on an end space last Thursday night, & the dude wouldn't let me. Sometimes you get a nutty one, sometimes you don't...sorta like Almond Joy and Mounds, LOL.

hometeam
09-07-2010, 10:46 PM
connie as long as the leave time is after I arrive I dont care really.. I hate to say it but I do need to find a place to grab a jersey before the game as well.

tornadospotter
09-07-2010, 11:22 PM
:lol: Oh, I wanna hear this story!! Why should we keep styrofoam coolers away from Tammie?

Yeah, I wanted to park on an end space last Thursday night, & the dude wouldn't let me. Sometimes you get a nutty one, sometimes you don't...sorta like Almond Joy and Mounds, LOL.
Tailgating 9/14/08 - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5336&highlight=Crowd+First+tailgate)

This thread will give you some insight to the story. :yahoo::yahoo::chiefs:

Connie Jo
09-08-2010, 12:48 AM
connie as long as the leave time is after I arrive I dont care really.. I hate to say it but I do need to find a place to grab a jersey before the game as well.

Well, they're over-priced at Arrowhead's shop, that much I do know, haha. Might try a JC Penney's. Not sure if they still have one at Metro North Mall or not, been years since I've been to Metro North, but it would be on your way to the hotel. Sears in malls often have Chiefs gear too at reasonable prices, usually on sale. Most of the specialty sports shops in the malls are over-priced, just depends on what you're willing to pay.

Independence Center Mall might have stores with Chiefs jersey's also, but it would be about 5-10 miles further East of Noland Road.

Tailgating 9/14/08 - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5336&highlight=Crowd+First+tailgate)

This thread will give you some insight to the story. :yahoo::yahoo::chiefs:

LOL That was a great thread!! Wish I could've shared those memories with y'all...but at least I'm sharing them now!! YEEHAW!

Connie Jo
09-08-2010, 12:53 AM
Okay, well y'all...I'm gonna recap the final plan details of this tailgate thread...in one post on Friday. Everyone will be able to refer then to the one post, rather than have to search through all these pages for final details. It's just the Leo born on the cusp of Virgo personality in me, lol. Having traits of both signs, I definitely tend to have Virgo's organizational traits, hahaha. If there's anything that needs added, changed, etc., before then...holler at me please!! :)

I'll include the attendance list, menu, charity donation suggestions, time to meet at the hotel, all other related details.

GlennBree
09-08-2010, 08:01 AM
oK~ I didn't realize that everyone would be going out that early. We have promised my brother that we would have lunch with him and his wife Monday. We have also promised to bring plates for the tailgate.....I've got to do some arranging. For some reason, I thought that they werent opening the gates until around 4 or 5....

GlennBree
09-08-2010, 08:45 AM
OK~ Alls good in 'the hood'...we will be available to go out to the stadium early. Will plan on meeting up with you guys at the motel and following everyone out there. I have several phone numbers...so those of you who have mine, please be sure to let us know a 'for sure' time that we need to meet you there. :)

Seek
09-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Bumping the link to the LLS fundraiser page...

Thanks to all!!

Hayvern
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM

I have never seen a styrofoam cooler last more than a few hours, but yeah, Tammie seems to have an effect on them.

Canada
09-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Do you take Canadian $$$?:D

stricken721
09-08-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm leaving in the morning for KC. :yahoo: Gonna spend the whole weekend there. See y'all in a few days! :chiefs:

Seek
09-08-2010, 05:17 PM
By the way, I do have two tent now.. One is a white ten, the other is a darker red tent. Something esle visually to look at other than the Canadian Flag..

Seek
09-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Do you take Canadian $$$?:D

no just the Canadian Penny that passes as the US penny.

Chiefster
09-09-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm leaving in the morning for KC. :yahoo: Gonna spend the whole weekend there. See y'all in a few days! :chiefs:

I now officially hate you! :lol:

j/k

GlennBree
09-09-2010, 09:05 AM
whooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo!
IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!

Connie Jo
09-09-2010, 01:31 PM

Well, you've probably already left, but in case you see this...drive careful and have a safe journey to Kansas City!

I'll see you Saturday at Sports Nutz! I'm picking Canada & his brother Dan up at KCI Airport around 10 AM, then after likely checking into the hotel...we're all heading to Sports Nutz for the meet & autograph signing event with Dwayne Bowe & Dexter McCluster.

Seek
09-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Well, you've probably already left, but in case you see this...drive careful and have a safe journey to Kansas City!

I'll see you Saturday at Sports Nutz! I'm picking Canada & his brother Dan up at KCI Airport around 10 AM, then after likely checking into the hotel...we're all heading to Sports Nutz for the meet & autograph signing event with Dwayne Bowe & Dexter McCluster.

I live up by Zona Rose on they way from the the airport. Do you guys want to stop by and pick up a tent or two, so that Canada has some shade in this hot KC weather for the Royals game... It would MARK our ground for the Chiefs game.

You do have your truck right???

Connie Jo
09-09-2010, 03:23 PM
I live up by Zona Rose on they way from the the airport. Do you guys want to stop by and pick up a tent or two, so that Canada has some shade in this hot KC weather for the Royals game... It would MARK our ground for the Chiefs game.

You do have your truck right???

If it's alright with Canada...sure! We can stop by & pick up the tents Saturday morning after I pick them up at KCI, and yes...I'll be driving my truck. It is a short bed however, since it's a sportier 4 door crew cab. As long as the poles don't hang too far over the tailgate, should be fine. The autograph event at Sports Nutz doesn't begin until 2 PM, so we'll have plenty of time to stop by your house & pick up the tents.

I'm confused though...Canada isn't planning on going to the stadium until you are. You're meeting us at the Quality Inn, then we're convoying over to the stadium around 12:30 on Monday...right?

Canada
09-09-2010, 04:06 PM

We are in at 1pm, not 10am

Seek
09-09-2010, 04:58 PM
If it's alright with Canada...sure! We can stop by & pick up the tents Saturday morning after I pick them up at KCI, and yes...I'll be driving my truck. It is a short bed however, since it's a sportier 4 door crew cab. As long as the poles don't hang too far over the tailgate, should be fine. The autograph event at Sports Nutz doesn't begin until 2 PM, so we'll have plenty of time to stop by your house & pick up the tents.

I'm confused though...Canada isn't planning on going to the stadium until you are. You're meeting us at the Quality Inn, then we're convoying over to the stadium around 12:30 on Monday...right?

I was not planning on meeting you all at the Quality in. I am planning on meeting some time after 3 in Lot A when the Royals game is over. Canada asked for the tents to set up shop and hold a spot for me.

I will still have some work to do with all the meat around noon. I am not taking the smoker to the game, so I have to do work at home to prepare. I am taking a small Grill to grill brisket and chicken before cutting it up to be served.

I could alter that, if I have too, but I will have to rethink my methods on timing.

GlennBree
09-09-2010, 07:39 PM
We're still up in the air on a time for sure. It will def be by around 3 or 4 for sure. Still possibility that it may be earlier...one way or another......***CHIEFS***

Seek
09-09-2010, 08:08 PM
I just got my weekly email from the Chiefs and below is what they stated about parking. I will try to be there as close to 3:30 as possible. If the earlier crowd can hold a spot for me to park with them that would be awesome, or scout one out. Once the Royal crowd leaves, we can then move up or relocate to get everyone in one group.

Monday Night Football Parking: Parking will operate a bit differently depending on your arrival time on Monday. Please refer to the following link Monday Night Football Parking (http://smr.mm.ticketmaster.com/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTY4OTc0MiZtZXNzYWdlaWQ9NzU2OTQyJ mRhdGFiYXNlaWQ9REFUQUJBU0VJRCZzZXJpYWw9MTIyNzM5MDA 3OCZlbWFpbGlkPWNoaWVmX3NlZWtAaG90bWFpbC5jb20mdXNlc mlkPTEzMzIxMjQ2MiZleHRyYT0mJiZodHRwOi8vcHJvZC5zdGF 0aWMuY2hpZWZzLmNsdWJzLm5mbC5jb20vYXNzZXRzL3BkZi9tb mZfcGFya2luZy5wZGY=) for parking instructions based on various scenarios.

While the parking lots will be open prior to the Royals game, fans who are only attending the Chiefs game should plan to arrive after 3:30 p.m. Those arriving earlier than 3:30 p.m. will be required to buy both a Royals Game Day parking pass and a Chiefs parking pass or have previously purchased the special Two-Pack parking pass. After 3:30 fans will only be required to purchase a Chiefs parking pass. Fans are also advised that from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m., stadium gates will be exit-only to accommodate exiting Royals traffic.
Parking lots close 90 minutes postgame and overnight parking is not allowed.

stricken721
09-09-2010, 08:36 PM

I have my tour of Arrowhead Saturday at 11. I saw that Dwayne Bowes signing is between 11:30 - 1:30 so I doubt I will make it for him, but if Dexter McCluster is right after him I should definitely be able to make it. I haven't come all the way in to Kansas City today, I am in Leavenworth right now which was the plan to stay here for a couple of days then stay Sunday and Monday night in KC. Can't wait to meet y'all at Sports Nutz, hopefully y'all will still be there when my tour is over.

Connie Jo
09-09-2010, 08:48 PM
We are in at 1pm, not 10am

Got it! Not sure where I got 10 AM from, previous thread conversation maybe, I dunno, haha. Well, we're gonna be pushing the 2:00 Sports Nutz time then, if we stop by Seek's. It's up to you Canada.

Connie Jo
09-09-2010, 08:51 PM
I have my tour of Arrowhead Saturday at 11. I saw that Dwayne Bowes signing is between 11:30 - 1:30 so I doubt I will make it for him, but if Dexter McCluster is right after him I should definitely be able to make it. I haven't come all the way in to Kansas City today, I am in Leavenworth right now which was the plan to stay here for a couple of days then stay Sunday and Monday night in KC. Can't wait to meet y'all at Sports Nutz, hopefully y'all will still be there when my tour is over.

What the heck?!!! The info on Facebook says 2-4 or 2-5. They must have pushed it up then. There's no way we can make the Bowe signing either then, not with Canada & Dan arriving at KCI at 1:03. It will like be 1:30 before we get baggage claimed and on the road towards Sports Nutz.

stricken721
09-09-2010, 08:53 PM
What the heck?!!! The info on Facebook says 2-4 or 2-5. They must have pushed it up then. There's no way we can make the Bowe signing either then, not with Canada & Dan arriving at KCI at 1:03. It will like be 1:30 before we get baggage claimed and on the road towards Sports Nutz.

Yeah Sports Nutz page says that, but on D-Bowes fan page he said 11:30 - 1. He also asked that it's only 1 autograph per person and no pictures.

Connie Jo
09-09-2010, 08:56 PM
I just got my weekly email from the Chiefs and below is what they stated about parking. I will try to be there as close to 3:30 as possible. If the earlier crowd can hold a spot for me to park with them that would be awesome, or scout one out. Once the Royal crowd leaves, we can then move up or relocate to get everyone in one group.

Monday Night Football Parking: Parking will operate a bit differently depending on your arrival time on Monday. Please refer to the following link Monday Night Football Parking (http://smr.mm.ticketmaster.com/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTY4OTc0MiZtZXNzYWdlaWQ9NzU2OTQyJ mRhdGFiYXNlaWQ9REFUQUJBU0VJRCZzZXJpYWw9MTIyNzM5MDA 3OCZlbWFpbGlkPWNoaWVmX3NlZWtAaG90bWFpbC5jb20mdXNlc mlkPTEzMzIxMjQ2MiZleHRyYT0mJiZodHRwOi8vcHJvZC5zdGF 0aWMuY2hpZWZzLmNsdWJzLm5mbC5jb20vYXNzZXRzL3BkZi9tb mZfcGFya2luZy5wZGY=) for parking instructions based on various scenarios.

While the parking lots will be open prior to the Royals game, fans who are only attending the Chiefs game should plan to arrive after 3:30 p.m. Those arriving earlier than 3:30 p.m. will be required to buy both a Royals Game Day parking pass and a Chiefs parking pass or have previously purchased the special Two-Pack parking pass. After 3:30 fans will only be required to purchase a Chiefs parking pass. Fans are also advised that from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m., stadium gates will be exit-only to accommodate exiting Royals traffic.

Yep, this is what I posted a while back in this thread. We can enter the stadium before 3:30, but we have to pay $32 instead of $22 for parking. Some of us do have the two pack parking pass, some don't, but I thought the plan was to enter the stadium by 1 PM?

Y'all are throwing the plans off on me, lol. First Dwayne Bowe is signing much earlier on Saturday, at 11 instead of 2 PM...now you're not gonna meet us at the hotel, rather at the stadium then? ~I'm confused~ hahahaha

I would tend to think most who are parked closer to the stadium for the Royals game, will remain where they're at. I can't imagine there being a huge turn out for the Royals game only, it being a work day & all...my speculation is a majority who will be in the lots early will be staying over for the Chiefs game.

Connie Jo
09-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Yeah Sports Nutz page says that, but on D-Bowes fan page he said 11:30 - 1. He also asked that it's only 1 autograph per person and no pictures.

That doesn't sound like Dwayne Bowe, that sounds like an agent or public relations person, haha. It's common practice for promoters, agents and/or managers, to set a rule of 1 autograph per person...some allow photo's, some don't. Usually the celeb isn't the one who makes such requests, so they don't have to look like the bad guy by letting others make the rules, haha.

I wonder which time is correct...Sports Nutz or Bowe's page? pfffffft!!

Connie Jo
09-09-2010, 09:08 PM

Okay, a thought...if Canada doesn't think we have time to stop by your house and pick up the tents on Saturday, I can drive back over to your house Sunday some time, pick up the tents then if you don't have enough room in your vehicle to haul them, or think we need to have them so we can set them up when we enter the stadium earlier than 3:30 on Monday. It's not that big of a deal for me to drive over to the Zona Rosa area from the hotel on Sunday sometime. :)

stricken721
09-09-2010, 09:11 PM
That doesn't sound like Dwayne Bowe, that sounds like an agent or public relations person, haha. It's common practice for promoters, agents and/or managers, to set a rule of 1 autograph per person...some allow photo's, some don't. Usually the celeb isn't the one who makes such requests, so they don't have to look like the bad guy by letting others make the rules, haha.

I wonder which time is correct...Sports Nutz or Bowe's page? pfffffft!!

When I met Jamaal Charles last year at Sports Nutz I got his autograph and he took a picture with my mom. I also thought it was cool because he and I talked for a good 5 minutes or more about my side of Houston. I live in a city called Pearland in the Houston metro, he was talking to me about when he played high school football he used to play Pearland High school all the time. He's very easy to talk to.

But back to Saturday.. I really hope I can get DMC's autograph later in the day.

Connie Jo
09-09-2010, 09:40 PM
When I met Jamaal Charles last year at Sports Nutz I got his autograph and he took a picture with my mom. I also thought it was cool because he and I talked for a good 5 minutes or more about my side of Houston. I live in a city called Pearland in the Houston metro, he was talking to me about when he played high school football he used to play Pearland High school all the time. He's very easy to talk to.

But back to Saturday.. I really hope I can get DMC's autograph later in the day.

Well, since I've already toured Arrowhead, more or less, at the Packers game, I didn't worry about scheduling a tour Saturday morning. Also, with picking Canada & Dan up at the airport I'm glad I didn't schedule a tour, haha. We should be arriving at Sports Nutz around 2 PM or so, and will meet up with you then Clint.

Yeah, some celeb athelete's are more accessible than others. The more popular they are, the less accessible it seems. Dwayne must be on a schedule, has to be somewhere else Saturday afternoon would be my guess. Not allowing photo's and only one sig speeds up the signing event, allows more people an opportunity as well.

buffman316
09-09-2010, 11:56 PM
You know I will be there, but we cannot make it until about 5:30 or so. What can I bring to contribute? Plus, my group is four.

Connie Jo
09-10-2010, 01:12 AM
You know I will be there, but we cannot make it until about 5:30 or so. What can I bring to contribute? Plus, my group is four.

I think we have everything covered, thanks! The only thing you need to bring is your beverages, and if you'd like to, contribute to our charity effort through Seek. :)

LasVegasWJT
09-10-2010, 01:32 AM
I won't need help getting there... it would be getting back....:chiefs:

Connie Jo
09-10-2010, 02:29 AM
I was not planning on meeting you all at the Quality in. I am planning on meeting some time after 3 in Lot A when the Royals game is over. Canada asked for the tents to set up shop and hold a spot for me.

I will still have some work to do with all the meat around noon. I am not taking the smoker to the game, so I have to do work at home to prepare. I am taking a small Grill to grill brisket and chicken before cutting it up to be served.

I could alter that, if I have too, but I will have to rethink my methods on timing.

Oh, okay...I thought I read somewhere in this thread that you planned on meeting us at the hotel around 11 AM?? It doesn't seem to take much to confuse me these days, hahaha. If we don't have time on Saturday before heading to Sports Nutz from KCI...I can pick up the tents before Monday, so we'll have them to set up early. We'll just need to figure out a time that's convenient for you...for me to pick up the tents.

I'm glad you mentioned bringing a small grill. I need to bring my stainless steel buffet server/warmer...to keep the baked beans warm, and hadn't thought of that till I read your comment. Thanks! :)

Connie Jo
09-10-2010, 02:38 AM

:bananen_smilies046: :chiefs:

Canada
09-10-2010, 07:49 AM

You can ride on my baKC!! :bananen_smilies046:

GlennBree
09-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Just keep in mind that Canada will be crawling on all fours....

Seek
09-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Oh, okay...I thought I read somewhere in this thread that you planned on meeting us at the hotel around 11 AM?? It doesn't seem to take much to confuse me these days, hahaha. If we don't have time on Saturday before heading to Sports Nutz from KCI...I can pick up the tents before Monday, so we'll have them to set up early. We'll just need to figure out a time that's convenient for you...for me to pick up the tents.

I'm glad you mentioned bringing a small grill. I need to bring my stainless steel buffet server/warmer...to keep the baked beans warm, and hadn't thought of that till I read your comment. Thanks! :)

Since the number of people grew from what I was expecting we bought a bunch of Chicken Breast. My smoker isn't big enough for all the meet, so I will be have a couple days of smoking continuously. So I will pretty much be home all weekend.

I just need to get the White tent from my older sister, and I need to put up my new one to make sure it is functional out of the box. You can just call me or text me if you are thinking about coming over.

Hayvern
09-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Just keep in mind that Canada will be crawling on all fours....

So will Capital T, it is his birthday this weekend!!!

Canada
09-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Dan and I aree on our way. See u soon

stricken721
09-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Dan and I aree on our way. See u soon

:punk: Have a nice flight. Don't say that one four letter word while you're on it either! Even if you're saying "Kansas City is the BOMB!"

hometeam
09-13-2010, 01:10 PM
im here but dont see anyone. someone give me a call 573 418 2784

Chiefster
09-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Giving out your phone number over the world wide web may not be the best of ideas.

...Just sayin.

hometeam
09-14-2010, 02:40 PM
not scared~

Seek
09-14-2010, 03:10 PM
I would like to Thank all who game and joined us and donated to the Lukemia and Lymphoma society. Our tailgate raised almost 300 dollars and we had a good time too. Even though we were invaded by Canadians...

Again you all for your support. I greatly appreciate it.

hometeam
09-14-2010, 03:17 PM
I had a great time at the tailgate and game.

good brisket too :P

Canada
09-14-2010, 07:06 PM
I would like to Thank all who game and joined us and donated to the Lukemia and Lymphoma society. Our tailgate raised almost 300 dollars and we had a good time too. Even though we were invaded by Canadians...

I hear the ladies were all over the Canadians though!! :bananen_smilies046:

Seek
09-14-2010, 07:55 PM
I hear the ladies were all over the Canadians though!! :bananen_smilies046:

Ummmm.... Those were guys!!!!!

Canada
09-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Ummmm.... Those were guys!!!!!Your wife is a guy?

Chiefster
09-14-2010, 09:21 PM
:lol: I love this thread!

tammietailgator
09-15-2010, 12:52 AM
:lol: I love this thread!

We missed seeing so many of you there! Tornado and Whiskey and their family, you and your family, Yzilla and his family - garcia and his family and everyone else that I have met or would like to

Hayvern
09-15-2010, 12:58 AM

Dude, it was really great food too and I had an absolutely perfect time. It was great to meet you and your wife and everyone else that was there.

Got another one coming in two weeks, lets get to planning it!

Seek
09-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Dude, it was really great food too and I had an absolutely perfect time. It was great to meet you and your wife and everyone else that was there.

Got another one coming in two weeks, lets get to planning it!

Just let me know what you all want to eat. No fund raiser this time so you all would have to pitch in for the meat.

The prices of meat are just an estimate,

but Pork Ribs for three slabs usually cost about 23 dollars.

A whole Brisket somewhere between 17 to 25 dollars.

Half of the pulled pork that I brought is about 20 bucks, including the sauce I use.

Chicken breast is about a buck a boob.

Seek
09-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Your wife is a guy?

LOL...My wife said, OH my, Look at that freak as we saw you go into sports nutz... It wasn't until I saw you come out when I said, OH that is Canada, part of our party.. She asked if she could start drinking right then. :sFl_canada2:

Canada
09-15-2010, 01:49 PM
LOL...My wife said, OH my, Look at that freak as we saw you go into sports nutz... It wasn't until I saw you come out when I said, OH that is Canada, part of our party.. She asked if she could start drinking right then. :sFl_canada2::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drunkhb:

stricken721
09-15-2010, 06:50 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drunkhb:

You and I are in the Kansas City Star online. That lady who took our picture at Kauffman and in the parking lot must be a photographer for them.

GlennBree
09-16-2010, 02:07 PM
You and I are in the Kansas City Star online. That lady who took our picture at Kauffman and in the parking lot must be a photographer for them.

I saw that Pic!

Canada
09-16-2010, 02:21 PM
I saw that Pic!

Its probably your screen saver cause you looooooove us!! :boltssuck:

GlennBree
09-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Its probably your screen saver cause you looooooove us!! :boltssuck:

What is funny about that, is I went to get coffee this morning at work, came back and sat in my chair and there's CANADA smiling at me on my computer screen!!!! (I've got all my KC pics as my slide show screen saver)....So yes! I guess you're right!!!
OH~ I also have your butt(on) on my desk! HAHAHAHA!!!