PDA

View Full Version : Page won't be a Chief again.

Seek
08-09-2010, 01:04 PM
i have been out all week on VAC, so if this is old news sorry, but I just heard it on the radio this morning. To me, it sounds like Page has a bad agent. Page is not a super star safety that really has the type of demand to play hard ball with the Chiefs. Maybe he intends to play Baseball instead, but his agent could end his NFL career by making a stand with no leverage.

Saying that Page is no longer a resident of KC, MO.. is kindergarden maturity.

610 Sports Radio has learned of NEW details on Safety Jarrad Page's holdout with the Chiefs.

In an e-mail sent exclusively to 610's Nick Wright, John Page, the agent of Jarrad Page, released this statement:

"Jarrad Page requested to be traded away from Kansas City after the third Pre-Season game last year (vs. Seattle Seahawks). We requested a trade again this year on 6/17/2010 for the second time. Beginning in the Pre-Season and continuing all year, Coach Todd Haley mishandled Jarrad last season causing him to end up on IR. (Jarrad never missed a game in his NFL career prior to last season). There has been interest for Jarrad and the Chiefs are blocking legitimate trades. There's been plenty of time to get a trade done and at this point, in our opinion, it's clear that the Chiefs are being Vindictive. Front Page Sports Management called Chiefs Front Office on Monday, 7/26/2010 before Training Camp began, to discuss "trade request". Call was returned by member of Front Office who has been involved in Jarrad's negotiations who claimed, "he didn't know anything about a trade request and had never heard of it". Two subsequent calls made later on the same day to the GM have not been returned to this date. Jarrad no longer has a residence in Missouri or Kansas and has moved to California."

marloweopatchiefs
08-09-2010, 01:27 PM
very classless by page if you ask me

Seek
08-09-2010, 01:35 PM
From what I have heard, K. Lewis has been very impressive which gives Page even less leverage to force this hold out.

bwilliams
08-09-2010, 01:36 PM
It's hard to blame Page. He's not in the Chiefs long term plans, they were going to play him out of position at SS in a contract year, and Haley clearly isn't as concerned as Page is about keeping Page healthy. Let him go.

Seek
08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
It's hard to blame Page. He's not in the Chiefs long term plans, they were going to play him out of position at SS in a contract year, and Haley clearly isn't as concerned as Page is about keeping Page healthy. Let him go.

They gave him a fairly hight RFA tender. I do think he was part of their long terms plan or they wouldn't have tendered him that high.

I also don't recall him playing SS. When did that happen?

Connie Jo
08-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Well, unless I'm mistaken...thought Jarrad Page was at camp this morning...isn't he #44? If so, he intercepted a pass, made a good play. Possibly someone else is wearing #44, or I misread the numbers. OPlookn was there with me, so maybe he can clarify at some point. Oh, and if it was Page today, think he was playing SS when he intercepted.

EDIT...it's Jarrad, not Jared, I corrected, haha.

Seek
08-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Well, unless I'm mistaken...thought Jarrad Page was at camp this morning...isn't he #44? If so, he intercepted a pass, made a good play. Possibly someone else is wearing #44, or I misread the numbers. OPlookn was there with me, so maybe he can clarify at some point. Oh, and if it was Page today, think he was playing SS when he intercepted.

EDIT...it's Jarrad, not Jared, I corrected, haha.

That is his number. I haven't heard anything saying he had signed his tender. Interesting....Are you sure it was not 49, which is K. Lewis who is playing SS.

fairladyZ
08-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes page has been #44... Hmm i figured somebody would have posted up info if he was there. i haven't seen anything yet..

N TX Dave
08-09-2010, 02:48 PM
According to kcchiefs.com he still is 44.

bwilliams
08-09-2010, 04:16 PM
They gave him a fairly hight RFA tender. I do think he was part of their long terms plan or they wouldn't have tendered him that high.

I also don't recall him playing SS. When did that happen?

Unless Haley has gone completely round the bend, Berry's starting at FS. So the plan was for Page to play a year of SS while grooming Lewis as the long term SS. They tendered Page so high as to avoid losing him in 2010, as they don't want to start two rookies in the safety spots.

And Page would be a lousy SS. His main strengths are coverage and ballhawking. His main weakness are tackling. He'd be exposed and destroyed.

yashi
08-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Jarrad Page sucks at everything except coming up with 3-4 interceptions every year, in my opinion. Addition by subtraction. Good riddance.

Connie Jo
08-09-2010, 04:55 PM
That is his number. I haven't heard anything saying he had signed his tender. Interesting....Are you sure it was not 49, which is K. Lewis who is playing SS.

I could've mis-read the jersey number, as I wasn't 'that' close when the interception occurred, whomever. It also use to be Eric Warfields number, & to this day I always think of Eric when I see the #44, this morning was no exception. That said, I also know it's difficult at times to clearly see jersey numbers, especially during camp, as many aren't in full jersey...shortened, or partially covered with other gear.

fairladyZ
08-09-2010, 04:57 PM
If it was 44 then it would be page. They just released the first depth chart and berry is starting strong. So that would leave page at free.

Seek
08-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Unless Haley has gone completely round the bend, Berry's starting at FS. So the plan was for Page to play a year of SS while grooming Lewis as the long term SS. They tendered Page so high as to avoid losing him in 2010, as they don't want to start two rookies in the safety spots.

And Page would be a lousy SS. His main strengths are coverage and ballhawking. His main weakness are tackling. He'd be exposed and destroyed.

Based on the quote from pages agent. This was an issue before Berry was even drafted.

yashi
08-09-2010, 05:06 PM
If it was 44 then it would be page. They just released the first depth chart and berry is starting strong. So that would leave page at free.

Where you see that at? This one says Berry is FS.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1376 (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node)

Edit: Joe from Arrowhead Pride says they made a goof, so Berry is in fact listed as SS.

Connie Jo
08-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Okay...I sorted through my photo's...and I think I did mis-read the jersey number. I think it was Jackie Bates, #41 who may have made the interception. Likely the jersey shifted with motion of jumping, could've easily appeared as a 44 if the one overlapped into the first 4.

bwilliams
08-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Based on the quote from pages agent. This was an issue before Berry was even drafted.

Except last year there was no public trade demand, and Page didn't do anything but play the good soldier in the press. It's only this offseason, when he's unexpectedly a RFA due to the CBA, his replacement is drafted, and he's moved to a injury-plagued position he'd be lousy at in a contract year that he spoke up.

And I agree with yashi. Page sucks. Which makes it even more inexplicable to me that we're holding onto him like this. We're only keeping him because we need a warm body at SS, and Page is cheap. We should just let him go.

bwilliams
08-09-2010, 06:08 PM

If Crennel starts Berry at SS instead of FS, he should be fired. Out of a cannon and into the sun.

fairladyZ
08-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Copied from arrowhead pride

SS: Eric Berry, Reshard Langford, DaJaun Morgan

yashi
08-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Berry is probably at SS because he's 211 lbs and Kendrick Lewis is only 198. But John McGraw at FS would be the real travesty here. Love him, but I could probably run faster than that guy.

bwilliams
08-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Berry is probably at SS because he's 211 lbs and Kendrick Lewis is only 198. But John McGraw at FS would be the real travesty here. Love him, but I could probably run faster than that guy.

McGraw at the SS spot and Berry at the FS spot makes the most sense. Or praying that some team dumps a decent SS at cuts time.

fairladyZ
08-09-2010, 11:20 PM
With tomorrow being the deadline for players to sign their RFA tenders and report to camp or the season doesn't count towards their season played right?

So if page doesn't report tomorrow and sits out all year he will still be a RFA and not just a FA next year right?

hometeam
08-10-2010, 12:58 AM
he will end up getting traded

KCINNYC
08-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Any of you a Nick Wright fan? He talked about Page for the better part of his show a couple of days ago, and asked Haley about Page at his press conference in St. Joe. Apparently, according to Nick and the Kansas City Star, Page's agent emailed Nick Wright during Haley's press conference (watch it on Kcchiefs.com) and Page's agent told Nick that the Chiefs were punishing Page for asking for a trade. Apparently (according to the email) Page asked for a trade last year during training camp and didn't get it, so he was told to play the year out. After last year, he was told to wait again during the off season, and now (according to the agent) the Chiefs are still punishing him to show others that you can not bully the front office. This is a problem, because the Detroit Lions have expressed GENUINE interest in Page, they want him, and yet we are standing still. So are the Chiefs being stupid? Why isn't there an 80th person on the field during training camp that could easily take Page's place since he is accounted for and not there? Or are the Chiefs coaching staff sending a message that we are not going to be bullied by players? I think a little of both. But the point remains. If Detroit wants him, and they have something to give us, then by all means, enough of the macho buisness. Especially if they give us draft picks. Pioli didn't look so smart last year, but with Dexter, Berry, Arenas, and Moreaki, (not to mention Mr. Relevant) and the addition of Weis, Romeo, Jones, Lijia, and Casey, draft picks would do just fine...

Its hard to tell.

chiefnut
08-10-2010, 11:35 AM
maybe the reason we chose Berry was we knew page wasn't comming back so we filled an area of need w/a dynamic immediate impact player. if page shows he does some platooning and nickel work, if Berry is everything we hoped for then we trade him.

Seek
08-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Any of you a Nick Wright fan? He talked about Page for the better part of his show a couple of days ago, and asked Haley about Page at his press conference in St. Joe. Apparently, according to Nick and the Kansas City Star, Page's agent emailed Nick Wright during Haley's press conference (watch it on Kcchiefs.com) and Page's agent told Nick that the Chiefs were punishing Page for asking for a trade. Apparently (according to the email) Page asked for a trade last year during training camp and didn't get it, so he was told to play the year out. After last year, he was told to wait again during the off season, and now (according to the agent) the Chiefs are still punishing him to show others that you can not bully the front office. This is a problem, because the Detroit Lions have expressed GENUINE interest in Page, they want him, and yet we are standing still. So are the Chiefs being stupid? Why isn't there an 80th person on the field during training camp that could easily take Page's place since he is accounted for and not there? Or are the Chiefs coaching staff sending a message that we are not going to be bullied by players? I think a little of both. But the point remains. If Detroit wants him, and they have something to give us, then by all means, enough of the macho buisness. Especially if they give us draft picks. Pioli didn't look so smart last year, but with Dexter, Berry, Arenas, and Moreaki, (not to mention Mr. Relevant) and the addition of Weis, Romeo, Jones, Lijia, and Casey, draft picks would do just fine...

Its hard to tell.

This thread was started by using that email to Nick Wright as the source.

KottkeKU
08-10-2010, 02:31 PM
who cares about page, he sucks anyways and is not a part of the team's future. they should trade him to detroit

AussieChiefsFan
08-12-2010, 06:53 AM
very classless by page if you ask me
I agree.

Seek
08-12-2010, 09:06 AM
did anyone else notice that his agent is John Page. Has anyone every heard of John Page. I tried to google him as an NFL agent and all I could find was this email to Nick Wright.

I have a strong feeling that his agent is a family member, and is way over his head.

chiefnut
08-12-2010, 10:16 AM
did anyone else notice that his agent is John Page. Has anyone every heard of John Page. I tried to google him as an NFL agent and all I could find was this email to Nick Wright.

I have a strong feeling that his agent is a family member, and is way over his head.

i thought he was a bother or cousin, it was mentioned back when he was drafted...at least i think it was about him.

Pro_Angler
08-12-2010, 10:30 AM
atleast its not as bad as the Revis tabocle..jets need him.

KCINNYC
08-12-2010, 10:35 AM
atleast its not as bad as the Revis tabocle..jets need him.

Totally. I think it does say something about Pioli too that all our picks were in camp on time. I can't remember the last time all our picks were in camp on time.

Thats right...Because Carl Peterson is gone. Think Carl would have gotten Eric Berry in camp on time? WRONG. Then again, do you think Carl Peterson would have even drafted Eric Berry? Wrong.

Seek
08-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Totally. I think it does say something about Pioli too that all our picks were in camp on time. I can't remember the last time all our picks were in camp on time.

Thats right...Because Carl Peterson is gone. Think Carl would have gotten Eric Berry in camp on time? WRONG. Then again, do you think Carl Peterson would have even drafted Eric Berry? Wrong.

Not that I am a fan of Carl Peterson, but Berry was a little Late.

Carl Peterson had everyone signed the year LJ was drafted and then the year DJ was drafted he was like only a day late as well. I think Albert and Dorsey were in on time or just a day late.

The only year I can really complain about CP and signing people would be John Tait. Even though Ryan Sims was a week late, that was pretty much accross the board for picks 4, 5, 6 and 7. Those picks were holding out to raise the slotting that year.

If there is anything that comes out of this next CBA, I hope the knock down the contracts of the draftees. It is crazy that they are paying these guys more than active future HOF players that have won superbowls. I can even imagine paying Sam Bradford more than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or even half of the starting QB's in this league.

Pro_Angler
08-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Not that I am a fan of Carl Peterson, but Berry was a little Late.

Carl Peterson had everyone signed the year LJ was drafted and then the year DJ was drafted he was like only a day late as well. I think Albert and Dorsey were in on time or just a day late.

The only year I can really complain about CP and signing people would be John Tait. Even though Ryan Sims was a week late, that was pretty much accross the board for picks 4, 5, 6 and 7. Those picks were holding out to raise the slotting that year.

If there is anything that comes out of this next CBA, I hope the knock down the contracts of the draftees. It is crazy that they are paying these guys more than active future HOF players that have won superbowls. I can even imagine paying Sam Bradford more than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or even half of the starting QB's in this league.

I think that had to do more with either that we sucked and they didnt want to come here or just that the top 10 pics were all being difficult. No number 3 wants to sign before 1 and 2..

Connie Jo
08-12-2010, 05:30 PM

I've read several articles, beginning with last years when Page first asked to be traded...that stated his agent is his brother.

KCINNYC
08-12-2010, 05:42 PM
I've read several articles, beginning with last years when Page first asked to be traded...that stated his agent is his brother.

Well then that makes a ton of sense.
I am sure Pioli just loves dealing with emotionally charged "agents" (Is the guy certified? Or is this one of those Ricky Williams hiring a rapper type agents?) Either way no wonder nothing has been done. You think John Page has any weight to throw around in the league or ability to arrange a deal with other team's organizations that the Chiefs would listen to? Something tells me no.