PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Loss for the Chiefs?

Scout200
08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
What's the biggest, most painful loss that the Cheifs endured?

-Scout

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/08/19.jpg

Canada
08-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Derrick Thomas

KottkeKU
08-10-2010, 02:22 PM
without question, DT

loyalchief91
08-10-2010, 02:54 PM
DT then Jared Allen..

N TX Dave
08-10-2010, 05:50 PM
If you are talking games to me it would have to be the '69 loss the fins in the playoffs the longest game and the last game in muni staduim.

#58ChiefsFan
08-10-2010, 06:15 PM
1997 divisional playoffs when that idiot elvis grbac beat us playing on our own team. The donks were there too.

honda522
08-10-2010, 06:38 PM
DT for sure.

Then maybe Gonzalez, just because he left for another team that isn't that great.

matthewschiefs
08-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Dt for player for sure

95 playoff loss to the colts the Chiefs had a big chance to win a superbowl and a Kicker blew it

figcrostic
08-10-2010, 07:05 PM
DT then Jared Allen..
Can't argue with that at all I would throw in Willie Roaf at number 3 love that man

Pro_Angler
08-10-2010, 08:30 PM
herm Edwards and LJ

Canada
08-10-2010, 08:43 PM
herm Edwards and LJ:lol:

honda522
08-10-2010, 09:12 PM
herm Edwards and LJ
With out Herm, I might have never known why we play.

YouTube- ‪Herm Edwards- Greatest Coach Ever!‬‎

matthewschiefs
08-10-2010, 09:41 PM
herm Edwards and LJ

Those two names make me want to punch my computer screen :lol:

AkChief49
08-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Derrick Thomas
absolutely! has to be #1

Jasper
08-10-2010, 11:50 PM
The 95-96 Playoff loss to the Colts was one of the ugliest games ever. Lin Elliott had 3 chances, KC was intercepted 3 times, even Marcus Allen fumbled inside the 10! Colts won 10-7. I've heard so many stories of after that game- from the perfect circle of a beer bottle (it was so cold out, the window didn't shatter) thrown through a guy's own car window, to kicking a hot coffee on other fans at the stadium in a fit of rage- it was such a horribly frustrating and bitter loss.
As for players, I thought the injury to Sylvester Morris, who at 6' 3" was the last "prototype" receiver, was a big one, which short circuited the potential for an even more explosive offensive balance. He averaged over 14yds a catch in his 1st season and was set to truly break out when his career was ended by Knee injuries.

KCINNYC
08-10-2010, 11:52 PM
I think this thread was meant for games not players?

Obviously, if its a player, well then, if you think that losing Donnie Edwards or Jared Allen was worse than the life of Derrick Thomas, then you are sick. I think it goes without saying that he is the greatest loss ever to the Chiefs player or coach wise. So lets re direct the thread...

I think it also goes without saying that Lin Elliot is still the biggest doucher that ever walked the earth after his "laces out" performance that ended our season. He didn't just miss the field goals. He missed the extra points. I still get sick when I say the name out loud.

Poor guy. Part of me feels bad for him. But part of me still wants his leg cut off, deep fried and served as a Thanksgiving dinner to his mother.

Pro_Angler
08-10-2010, 11:56 PM
FYI i was kidding about my 2 picks..although i did like Herm but he failed miserably.

AkChief49
08-11-2010, 12:00 AM

Obviously, if its a player, well then, if you think that losing Donnie Edwards or Jared Allen was worse than the life of Derrick Thomas, then you are sick. I think it goes without saying that he is the greatest loss ever to the Chiefs player or coach wise. So lets re direct the thread...

I think it also goes without saying that Lin Elliot is still the biggest doucher that ever walked the earth after his "laces out" performance that ended our season. He didn't just miss the field goals. He missed the extra points. I still get sick when I say the name out loud.

Poor guy. Part of me feels bad for him. But part of me still wants his leg cut off, deep fried and served as a Thanksgiving dinner to his mother.
In that case the '97-'98 season playoff loss to the Donks who went on to win it all!!

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Derrick Thomas

DT was my first thought too when reading the question.

DT then Jared Allen..

Jared Allen definitely a second thought!

If you are talking games to me it would have to be the '69 loss the fins in the playoffs the longest game and the last game in muni staduim.

I agree, terrible heartbreaking loss, yet I also have a contradictory thoughts. On one hand it's a greatest loss for KC, but on the other a huge victory for the NFL history books. A record was set for the longest game in NFL history, of which still stands, and our Chiefs are one of two teams setting that record. At least our Chiefs gave it their all, played their hearts out...which in that aspect, we won.

As well, had the Chiefs won that game...there would be no team in NFL history to have a record perfect season...no defeats, including the Dolphins winning the Super Bowl. That's a pretty awesome record, and historical NFL event, even if not our Chiefs...of which has a slim to no chance of ever happening again. Hey, we witnessed it too...many weren't born yet, haha. :D

I dunno, difficult for me to think of the longest game in NFL history negatively when so much NFL history resulted...history including our Chiefs. :)

1997 divisional playoffs when that idiot elvis grbac beat us playing on our own team. The donks were there too.

Well, can't blame that one just on Grbac. He didn't make the 'dumb' decision to start over Gannon, who had led the Chiefs to that divisional playoff game, as a result of Grbacs injury.

As well, the Bronco's cheated the entire 1997 season. Beginning with violating draft rules related to the 97 draft, being fined by the NFL as a result...to wearing the wrong color jersey's deliberately when playing against San Diego to confuse the Chargers, being fined by the NFL for that cheat also...to some Donks spraying their jersey's with Pam prior to playing our Chiefs in that playoff game, another slap on the wrist fine by the NFL.

Those players should've been ejected from the game, but were only told to change their jersey's at half time. Denver didn't honorably win the Super Bowl 97/98...they cheated repeatedly to obtain the Lombardi.

This game in my mind, is the greatest loss relating to a game.

Dt for player for sure

95 playoff loss to the colts the Chiefs had a big chance to win a superbowl and a Kicker blew it

Oh...another greatest loss related to a game. This one ranks #2 with me. The 97 playoff game against the Donks ranks as #1 greatest game lost. The reason it ranks higher for me, is because it was against our division rival...the cheating Dirty Donks.
:beat_DeadHorse:

herm Edwards and LJ

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AkChief49
08-11-2010, 12:46 AM
As well, had the Chiefs won that game...there would be no team in NFL history to have a record perfect season...no defeats, including the Dolphins winning the Super Bowl. That's a pretty awesome record, and historical NFL event, even if not our Chiefs...of which has a slim to no chance of ever happening again. Hey, we witnessed it too...many weren't born yet, haha. :D

The Dolphins perfect season was actually a year later ('72-'73) They lost to Dallas in SB VI after the Christmas day game with us. They won back to back SB in '72-'73 and '73-'74 seasons(VII and VIII)

Ryfo18
08-11-2010, 12:59 AM
The 95-96 Playoff loss to the Colts was one of the ugliest games ever. Lin Elliott had 3 chances, KC was intercepted 3 times, even Marcus Allen fumbled inside the 10! Colts won 10-7. I've heard so many stories of after that game- from the perfect circle of a beer bottle (it was so cold out, the window didn't shatter) thrown through a guy's own car window, to kicking a hot coffee on other fans at the stadium in a fit of rage- it was such a horribly frustrating and bitter loss.
As for players, I thought the injury to Sylvester Morris, who at 6' 3" was the last "prototype" receiver, was a big one, which short circuited the potential for an even more explosive offensive balance. He averaged over 14yds a catch in his 1st season and was set to truly break out when his career was ended by Knee injuries.

This. No question we could have possibly been SB champs that year. I was 10, and still remember being sock to my stomach after that loss.

Chiefster
08-11-2010, 01:04 AM
1993 AFC Championship loss against Buffalo???

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 01:11 AM
The Dolphins perfect season was actually a year later ('72-'73) They lost to Dallas in SB VI after the Christmas day game with us. They won back to back SB in '72-'73 and '73-'74 seasons(VII and VIII)

You're right...I'm just getting old, lol. Nah, my memory get's confused when reflecting without deeper thought, due to the Super Bowl not being the same year as the season, overlapping years. Such as the longest game would be 71-72...72-73 being Dolphins perfect season.

I know that many of the legendary Chiefs players...such as Otis Taylor, also consider the loss to Miami the most heartbreaking...with realizing later, that was their closest to making a second Super Bowl prior to retiring.

Still, for a fan like me, not losing such a priceless opportunity to play in a second Super Bowl...I see the longest game from both sides. Negatively a heartbreaking loss missing an opportunity to return to a SB...Positively as making NFL history, giving it all they had, playing with heart. It was a great historic game in many aspects, as to where other lost games weren't great games in any aspect...95 & 97 playoff games. :(
I hate the Dirty Donks! :beat_DeadHorse:

AkChief49
08-11-2010, 01:21 AM
You're right...I'm just getting old, lol. Nah, my memory get's confused when reflecting without deeper thought, due to the Super Bowl not being the same year as the season, overlapping years. Such as the longest game would be 71-72...72-73 being Dolphins perfect season.

I know that many of the legendary Chiefs players...such as Otis Taylor, also consider the loss to Miami the most heartbreaking...with realizing later, that was their closest to making a second Super Bowl prior to retiring.

Still, for a fan like me, not losing such a priceless opportunity to play in a second Super Bowl...I see the longest game from both sides. Negatively a heartbreaking loss missing an opportunity to return to a SB...Positively as making NFL history, giving it all they had, playing with heart. It was a great historic game in many aspects, as to where other lost games weren't great games in any aspect...95 & 97 playoff games. :(
I hate the Dirty Donks! :beat_DeadHorse:
me too!
The Chiefs(Texans at the time-AFL) have been involved in the two longest games. Both were playoff games

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 01:26 AM
1993 AFC Championship loss against Buffalo???

Wow...sadly, I don't remember much about that loss, guess 95 & 97 have overwhelmed my memory. That was the first year with Montana, wasn't it?

Chiefster
08-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Wow...sadly, I don't remember much about that loss, guess 95 & 97 have overwhelmed my memory. That was the first year with Montana, wasn't it?

It was indeed. Montana was knocked out of that game early in the third quarter with a concussion. Dave Krieg took over and made a valiant effort but in the end it simply wasn't enough.

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 01:37 AM
me too!
The Chiefs(Texans at the time-AFL) have been involved in the two longest games. Both were playoff games

I didn't know that, learned something new! haha I have little knowledge of the Texans era. I've read some of the Texans history when reading Lamars history, but what I read didn't stay in memory. I was focused on history related to Lamar, moreso than the Texans history.

Connie Jo
08-11-2010, 01:40 AM
It was indeed. Montana was knocked out of that game early in the third quarter with a concussion. Dave Craig took over and made a valiant effort but in the end it simply wasn't enough.

Okay, I do somewhat remember Montana being injured. Seemed Montana struggled that entire game, prior to concussion, but I could be wrong in my memory, since it's vague.

Chiefster
08-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Okay, I do somewhat remember Montana being injured. Seemed Montana struggled that entire game, prior to concussion, but I could be wrong in my memory, since it's vague.

...Not sure about all that Connie; you could be right. However, I do remember, very well, the play that knocked him out of the game; vicious hit if I recall correctly.

Chiefster
08-11-2010, 01:57 AM
YouTube- ‪Joe Montana Chiefs vs Bills 93 AFC Championship game - Joe Montana suffers a concussion‬‎

Pro_Angler
08-12-2010, 12:58 AM
can we have jasper change his name?? i was the first jasper here,,,lol

chiefnut
08-12-2010, 10:27 AM

actualy it was Christmas day 1971, double overtime, when the FG split the uprights I slammed my fist down on my knee so hard it shattered the crystal on my watch and I limped for 2 days!!!!:canbeer:

N TX Dave
08-12-2010, 10:46 AM
actually it was Christmas day 1971, double overtime, when the FG split the uprights I slammed my fist down on my knee so hard it shattered the crystal on my watch and I limped for 2 days!!!!:canbeer:
I thought it was '69 thinking about it you are right '69 was the year we won the SB. I was in the Army those years so some of the history in that time frame is fuzzy I just know I got to watch that game and was really upset when it ended. Ed Podolack would have a career game accounting for 350 All-Purpose Yards in that game I think I felt more sorry for him than anyone else.

chiefnut
08-12-2010, 11:40 AM
and when was the last time Stenerud missed 2FGs in a game, one in regulation, one in OT....that game was gut wrenching!!!

Scout200
08-16-2010, 10:21 AM

Yeah, it was intended game wise but you can throw players in, too. :) Wow, quite the analogy!! lol

-Scout

kilobytes
08-16-2010, 08:13 PM
I haven't been a hardcore Chiefs fan for very long to be honest. That Packers game in 2007 was super heart breaking for me. Tony Gonzalez and LJ made a couple huge plays and LJ waved the Chiefs flag around and then planted it in the ground after a TD. That got me pumped. I thought for sure we would win. But then LJ got hurt and things fell apart after that but at least Priest went in. Then the Great Brett Favre threw magical passes and we somehow lost. Ooo and Webb almost had a huge reception...one foot was barely out of bounds....argh so heartbreaking. I thought we had a shot at the playoffs that year too. We lost every game from that point to the end of the season. We were 4-3. That was the game that derailed the Chiefs for the past 3 years. I certainly don't think it's the biggest loss for the Chiefs ever but it's a game that destroyed the Chiefs for years.

2007 was when I really got excited for Chiefs and Royals games.
For some reason I became a hardcore fan for both these teams that year. Before then I was a casual fan not caring too much for wins and losses. If I was a hardcore fan before then I would say those two playoff games in 03-04 and 06-07 seasons. Lost to the Colts both times. And we went 13-3 in the 03-04 season...

The biggest player loss is definitely Derrick Thomas. That was SOOO sad...if only the Chiefs made it to the playoffs that year that wouldn't have happened...DANG IT...holy crap I just remembered I went to Derrick Thomas' last game. That loss to the Raiders (not caring too much at the time and not realizing the importance of that game) was pretty heartbreaking now that I think of it. Now it is super heartbreaking the more I think of it...cost us the playoffs and a life...oh and that was against the Raiders too...even worse :sAng_scream:
That may be the biggest loss ever. Lost a game to get the playoffs against our most hated rival...and the greatest Chiefs player ever...greatest Linebacker ever.

Connie Jo
08-16-2010, 11:18 PM
I haven't been a hardcore Chiefs fan for very long to be honest. That Packers game in 2007 was super heart breaking for me. Tony Gonzalez and LJ made a couple huge plays and LJ waved the Chiefs flag around and then planted it in the ground after a TD. That got me pumped. I thought for sure we would win. But then LJ got hurt and things fell apart after that but at least Priest went in. Then the Great Brett Favre threw magical passes and we somehow lost. Ooo and Webb almost had a huge reception...one foot was barely out of bounds....argh so heartbreaking. I thought we had a shot at the playoffs that year too. We lost every game from that point to the end of the season. We were 4-3. That was the game that derailed the Chiefs for the past 3 years. I certainly don't think it's the biggest loss for the Chiefs ever but it's a game that destroyed the Chiefs for years.

2007 was when I really got excited for Chiefs and Royals games.
For some reason I became a hardcore fan for both these teams that year. Before then I was a casual fan not caring too much for wins and losses. If I was a hardcore fan before then I would say those two playoff games in 03-04 and 06-07 seasons. Lost to the Colts both times. And we went 13-3 in the 03-04 season...

The biggest player loss is definitely Derrick Thomas. That was SOOO sad...if only the Chiefs made it to the playoffs that year that wouldn't have happened...DANG IT...holy crap I just remembered I went to Derrick Thomas' last game. That loss to the Raiders (not caring too much at the time and not realizing the importance of that game) was pretty heartbreaking now that I think of it. Now it is super heartbreaking the more I think of it...cost us the playoffs and a life...oh and that was against the Raiders too...even worse :sAng_scream:
That may be the biggest loss ever. Lost a game to get the playoffs against our most hated rival...and the greatest Chiefs player ever...greatest Linebacker ever.

The 2007 game against the Packers is a very sentimental priceless game for me. It was November 4th, 2007. I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to share my memories related to that game.

My little brother Ricky was diagnosed in Spring of 2007 with End Stage Renal Failure aka Kidney Disease. He spent his adult life living in Phoenix, divorced, no kids, needed a caretaker. He'd lost his job months prior due to his illness, so I offered to bring him home to KS, be his caretaker, drive him to dialysis 3 times weekly, since he couldn't drive any longer due to meds.

Ricky was raised a Chiefs fan too, like me...our dad having become a fan in 1963 with the Chiefs moving to KC from Dallas. His favorite player was Derrick Thomas (RIP), same as mine. We shared the same favorite NFL QB too...Brett Favre. Ricky had never been able to attend a live game at Arrowhead, and had told me it was one of the things he most wanted to do upon his return to Kansas. His birthday is Nov. 11th, Veterans Day, of which he was so proud, haha. For his birthday I bought us tickets to the Chiefs/Packers game on Nov. 4th, 2007. We were 7 rows from the field in the endzone! The Chiefs sadly lost, but there was good in bad...my brother & I were able to witness Brett Favre play in person...a first for us both as Favre fans.

The following February, 2008...as always I hosted a Super Bowl Party...it was the first Super Bowl Party my brother Ricky had ever attended too! We had so much fun that day...Ricky looked the best he had looked since coming home to Kansas...cherished are the memories. A couple days after Super Bowl my brother was admitted to ICU, I stayed at the hospital with him for the next 36 hours. He was in much pain due to toxic poisoning from his kidneys not removing toxins from his blood. He was in & out of consciousness, the morphine making him sleep a lot. Just before 5 AM on February 8th...I was awaken from my hospital waiting room chair to the sound of "CODE BLUE" coming over the intercom...I knew it was Ricky, it was his 3rd Code Blue in 24 hrs..

I stood in the corridor watching the Dr's & Nurses enter his ICU room, one of them saw me, came & told me it was okay for me to come to his room as well. I wasn't sure I wanted to go, but somehow found the inner strength. I watched in silence as they gave their all to save him for over 20 minutes...I knew he was gone, I felt it. I began walking down the hall, numb...a nurse approached and asked me to come into a 'special room', saying they needed to talk to me in private.

I was Ricky's POA, as I was who he was always closest to in life & trusted...we're not that emotionally trusting of our mom, who's still living. They needed my permission to "let him go". They did revive him, but he was only alive by machine support...no brain activity. He had told me if it ever happened...not to let him live by machines, made me promise I'd let him go. It was very difficult...but I kept my promise. My brother Ricky passed away on February 8th, 2008...the very same day Derrick Thomas had 8 years earlier. He was only 49. :(

So...the Chiefs/Packers game would be my brother Ricky's one & only game attended at Arrowhead, the only game I attended with him. I'm so very grateful, and blessed to have had the opportunity...as well, the opportunity to care for him his last 5 months of life.

When I road tripped to Canton a year ago, August 2009...to attend Derrick Thomas' NFL HOF induction ceremony...I took my brother Ricky's #58 DT jersey with me. It was his favorite Chiefs item. I wore it in Ricky's honor to the ceremony...taking him in spirit with me to witness our favorite Chief be inducted into the NFL HOF. :)

kilobytes
08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
That's coincidental in every way. That game being your brothers only game he went to and that he died on the same day as DT. Very coincidental and sad.

chief31
08-17-2010, 07:15 PM
It has probably been mentiond already but....

For me, it was the divisional playoff game against Indianapolis in 2004.

That offense was so potent that we were able to stand up against any team ever.

But the defense just fell apart late that season, and kept it up right into that game.

Major heartbreak that year.

Connie Jo
08-17-2010, 09:46 PM
That's coincidental in every way. That game being your brothers only game he went to and that he died on the same day as DT. Very coincidental and sad.

Yeah, very coincidental indeed. Also coincidental are the deaths of our maternal grandma & Ricky. My brother Ricky & I were close to our grandma, she raised me from age 1 until I was 6, Ricky from right after birth until he was 3. Grandma lived in Oregon then, where her hubby was from. Mom stayed in Kansas, was young, didn't want to be a mom, wanted to run...no birth control back then, dad was in the army/Marines during our early childhood years. We were sent to live with grandma in Oregon. After he was out of the Military he wanted his family together, mom & us kids...so we left grandmas, went to live with them.

Anyway...my grandma passed away when I was 11...at the same age as Ricky, 49. She had a brain hemorrage, but it was brought about due to kidney failure and some diuretic meds they had her on. She also died in Feburary but not the same day.

Another odd coincidence, is that my grandma's marriage after many years ended in divorce, the reasons almost identical to the same reasons leading to my marriage ending.

Very eery coincidences indeed.

Edit PS: I dread the month of February! It was Feb. 2007 my x hubby had his heart attack scare, became clinically depressed, personality changed to someone we didn't know, became abusive. A couple days prior to Super Bowl Feb. 08, my x suffered alcohol poisoning, I was up all night caring for him...the night before my brother was admitted to ICU, my dog Lily suffered her first seizure disorder. Between caring for my x, Lily, my brother in ICU, his loss...I think I slept maybe 5 hours that entire week. I just pray to God I never again have another week in my life like that one was. February 2009 was when my x began reaching a peak, by March had a complete mental breakdown becoming criminally cruel...finally realized for my own sake I had to ask him to move out, filed for divorce soon thereafter. Yep, I hate February!!

kilobytes
08-17-2010, 10:29 PM
My birthday is in February. The sad thing is my grandma died a day before it this year.....usually a good month other than that plus the Super Bowl is in it. The shortest month but it seems to have the most going on. Let's hope nothing goes wrong for you next February, or for anyone else.

rodu
08-17-2010, 11:04 PM
how about every D-lineman not Allan drafted by CP in the last decade, all those wasted first and second round picks

Pro_Angler
08-17-2010, 11:09 PM
biggest loss for the chiefs was priest holmes..we could have won a superbowl..

Connie Jo
08-18-2010, 01:21 AM
My birthday is in February. The sad thing is my grandma died a day before it this year.....usually a good month other than that plus the Super Bowl is in it. The shortest month but it seems to have the most going on. Let's hope nothing goes wrong for you next February, or for anyone else.

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandma. :(

I made it through many February's in life without drama or loss...just now has the majority of bad things occurring in my life overall after 2007-2009. Before then I didn't hate February, or even think of it as a bad month. This year I had some mild panic attacks as February approached, haha. Seems silly, but hell...after the 3 February's prior...I was terrified of February.

I lost my dog Lily in late January, but not February! The only negative February 2010, thank God literally...was having no one special to share Valentines with the first time since I was 15 yrs old. I considered that a blessing by comparison to the 3 past February's, hahaha. I'll be apprehensive when Feb. 2011 rolls around, likely take me a couple yrs. getting use to nothing bad happening before I'll trust February again, lol.

Although...if our Chiefs go to Super Bowl in February 2011...that would cure my fear of February sooner! LOL :D

stadw0n306
08-18-2010, 04:51 PM
DT no questions asked and then i would say jared allen

Scout200
08-20-2010, 10:20 AM
So...the Chiefs/Packers game would be my brother Ricky's one & only game attended at Arrowhead, the only game I attended with him. I'm so very grateful, and blessed to have had the opportunity...as well, the opportunity to care for him his last 5 months of life.

When I road tripped to Canton a year ago, August 2009...to attend Derrick Thomas' NFL HOF induction ceremony...I took my brother Ricky's #58 DT jersey with me. It was his favorite Chiefs item. I wore it in Ricky's honor to the ceremony...taking him in spirit with me to witness our favorite Chief be inducted into the NFL HOF. :)

Wow, that is quite moving and fascinating at the same time. That's awesome that you took such good care of him! That's really neat!

-Scout

bbacker51
08-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Jason Whitlock???:lol: :sign0151:

stricken721
08-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Jason Whitlock???:lol: :sign0151:

That is a BIG loss. But I don't think they mean size :lol:

bbacker51
08-20-2010, 05:35 PM
agreed

kcvet
08-20-2010, 05:55 PM
hold on. at my age im still counting :lol:

yeah the 71 playoff with the fins at old munic. for 2 reasons

1. i got in free to see it

2. only been home from Nam for a year. me and my bud thought for sure this was it !!!

Connie Jo
08-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Wow, that is quite moving and fascinating at the same time. That's awesome that you took such good care of him! That's really neat!

-Scout

Well, that was the 3rd time in his life he came to live with me. Once when he was 15/16...I had only been married a yr or two. Then again in his early 20's, prior to his moving to Phoenix. He and I were always close growing up, our personalities similiar in many ways. He struggled in his teens & early 20's, took some bad paths. God prevailed with guiding him, and he put his life on the right path in time. He was one of the good guys. :)