PDA

View Full Version : How good are you feeling about the Chiefs this year?

Cardinals Krew
08-12-2010, 12:07 PM
With Denver's injury issues, the Chargers holdouts, and Oaklands question marks, I feel the Chiefs have a very good chance to land a wildcard. Hell, there is an outside chance they can win the division.

What do you think?

Seek
08-12-2010, 12:36 PM
I won't know a thing until I see them actually play. Right now, I feel .500. I do think that the Chiefs and Raiders have a chance to compete for the division. It is just a matter of how much did the Chiefs improve, and can the Raiders over come being the Raiders.

It will be a tough season. The good news, though, is that I see what the Chiefs are building and I think this year is just a step towards what they will become. I think Pioli and Haley are doing it right. They didn't blow the bank on FA, and once this new CBA is put in place, I think they are poised to seriously upgrade in areas they were not able to fix in the draft. Next years could be huge.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Wild Card? No way. The only way they get into the playoffs is if they win the division. As I said in a previous post, we will know a lot more about this team after week 5.

Three7s
08-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Wild Card? No way. The only way they get into the playoffs is if they win the division. As I said in a previous post, we will know a lot more about this team after week 5.
Yeah, we'd have to deal with the Texans, Titans, Jets, Dolphins, Patriots, Steelers, Bengals, and the Ravens. That's just too many teams to deal with. Adding the Raiders to this list isn't a bad idea either.

Pro_Angler
08-12-2010, 01:17 PM
i say 75% chance of wining the division. I like the way we are looking and there are a great deal of players and coaches trying to make a statement.

bwilliams
08-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I think how we do depends on whether five key guys improve to what management considers their potential: Cassel, Albert, Bowe, DJ, and Jackson. If those five guys play above average (by that, I mean as if they were top-15 at their position), then we have a very good shot of winning our division. If they don't, we don't.

N TX Dave
08-12-2010, 01:48 PM
I am hoping for an eight win season right now but let me wait at least through preseason to get my hopes up or down right now it is all just speculation and hope and nothing but. I feel we will see what the team is capable of in the preseason.

Pro_Angler
08-12-2010, 01:54 PM
10 win season and 3 championships over the next ten years,,,believe it........

matthewschiefs
08-12-2010, 02:09 PM
I am felling very good about this team this year. Much better then I have felt in a long time. I really think that this team can make a run at the playoffs. Not because they are one of the best teams in the AFC but we have the NFC west this year. They tend to make a team look better then what they are.

I think the chiefs are 2nd best in the divison. Denver is just starting there divison. Oakland I no that the media is talking about how much better they are going to be and I really don't no why. Jason Cambell? The Raiders will be the same Raiders. The Chargers will be good but I don't think they will be as good as they have been. I think we can split with them.

OPLookn
08-12-2010, 03:38 PM
i say 75% chance of wining the division. I like the way we are looking and there are a great deal of players and coaches trying to make a statement.

I'm going to say they have a one in four chance of winning the division... :chiefs:

matthewschiefs
08-12-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm going to say they have a one in four chance of winning the division... :chiefs:

Why would you want to go out on such a limb? :lol: :chiefs:

Pro_Angler
08-12-2010, 06:33 PM
lol^^^^^^

stadw0n306
08-13-2010, 04:42 AM
ill give them about 70% for winning the division, i think they got a real good shot at it.

AussieChiefsFan
08-13-2010, 06:23 AM
With Denver's injury issues, the Chargers holdouts, and Oaklands question marks, I feel the Chiefs have a very good chance to land a wildcard. Hell, there is an outside chance they can win the division.

What do you think?
WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I agree!!
:punk:

Austin Avalon
08-13-2010, 10:06 PM
I feel the division can be won. It would be close but I think it can happen. In fact I see the west being way more competitive as a whole. I'm hoping for an 8-8 season but I see more than 8 winnable games honestly.

kcnation
08-15-2010, 08:29 PM
i wish i can be as optimistic as the rest of you but until that front seven start playing like you have to then im not so sure we make much progress again.we also need the o-line to step up and make some holes and most importantly protect the qb.im looking at maybe a 7-9 season and i hope im surprised otherwise

chief31
08-16-2010, 09:47 PM
For the first time since Roaf retired, I actually have a little bit of hope.

I see a ton of problems. But I see some possible solutions within the current roster and staff.

But I keep my expectations to six wins, even with the rest of the division seeming to be in bad shape.

Three7s
08-17-2010, 02:05 AM
For the first time since Roaf retired, I actually have a little bit of hope.

I see a ton of problems. But I see some possible solutions within the current roster and staff.

But I keep my expectations to six wins, even with the rest of the division seeming to be in bad shape.
That's the way to go. Normally me and you are some of the more pessimistic people around, but we seem like the gods of optimism right now! I'll stick to m 7-9 to 9-7 range.

figcrostic
08-17-2010, 09:01 AM
I won't know a thing until I see them actually play. Right now, I feel .500. I do think that the Chiefs and Raiders have a chance to compete for the division. It is just a matter of how much did the Chiefs improve, and can the Raiders over come being the Raiders.

It will be a tough season. The good news, though, is that I see what the Chiefs are building and I think this year is just a step towards what they will become. I think Pioli and Haley are doing it right. They didn't blow the bank on FA, and once this new CBA is put in place, I think they are poised to seriously upgrade in areas they were not able to fix in the draft. Next years could be huge.
Always next yeah. I'm tired of hearing that.:whipping1:

Drunker Hillbilly
08-17-2010, 09:31 AM
That's the way to go. Normally me and you are some of the more pessimistic people around, but we seem like the gods of optimism right now! I'll stick to m 7-9 to 9-7 range.
Let me bring things down a little here......I'm more in line with chief31. I'm at 6 or less. Hope I'm wrong but I'm kind of a show me guy especially after the last 3 years or so.It has to turn around eventually right? Eventually has turned out to be a loooong time for a few teams in the past. I hope we don't fall in line.....

Seek
08-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Always next yeah. I'm tired of hearing that.:whipping1:

I has not always been next year for me. I am a very big skeptic of life...I truly like the way things are headed for the Chiefs right now. I can see the light.

bbacker51
08-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Seems like each o-lineman is playing in many different positions. This will either be good in that they can work different combinations to find the right chemistry, or they will be constantly changing and will never find the groove. :fatlock:

Hayvern
08-17-2010, 03:21 PM
I am not convinced with this offensive line and I have not heard anything that makes me think that the defensive line has done anything to better themselves this year.

We may be better in the secondary, but unless we can stop the run, the secondary will never be tested, that is the plain truth, if teams can run on us at will, they do not really need to throw the long ball.

Additionally, our linebackers have never been the best pass coverage group for the short pass.

I am hoping for a 6 - 10 season this year, I just don't think the managers of this team have done enough to shore up our offensive line.

bwilliams
08-17-2010, 04:03 PM
I am not convinced with this offensive line and I have not heard anything that makes me think that the defensive line has done anything to better themselves this year.

We may be better in the secondary, but unless we can stop the run, the secondary will never be tested, that is the plain truth, if teams can run on us at will, they do not really need to throw the long ball.

Additionally, our linebackers have never been the best pass coverage group for the short pass.

I am hoping for a 6 - 10 season this year, I just don't think the managers of this team have done enough to shore up our offensive line.

Our schedule is incredibly easy. We play Oakland (twice), Denver (twice), Buffalo, Jacksonville, Seattle, St. Louis, and Cleveland. Those are the seven of the worst ten teams in the NFL. That's nine of the easiest possible games. Assuming we stay as healthy as we did last season, if we don't get to six wins it's time to start looking at changing coaches/GMs.

kilobytes
08-17-2010, 04:09 PM
It is still going to be really tough to beat out the Chargers for the division. The winner of it will probably be 8-8 or 9-7 at best. I predicted 8-8 for the Chiefs so it's a 50% chance of them making it to the playoffs

Pro_Angler
08-17-2010, 04:23 PM
as long as Brodie can stay healthy, cause we will need him.

Did you see the hit on Eli Mannuing :) couldnt happen to a nicer guy.. he got jacked up and split open by own player..badddddd....

LargoChief
08-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Won't know until after the first game. Everything else is just gobbly goo and based on a pre season game. I hate san diego...and denver....and oakland. I feel less hatred for the Raiders since my best friend is a fan it is actually enjoyable. Don't know any Chargers fans...a really annoying fat girl was cheering for denver one afternoon and my Raider buddy and I were debating who was gonna knock her out.

Chief Tyler
08-20-2010, 11:37 PM
I was pretty optimistic throughout the offseason. I'm not going to give up hope until the final game is played, but I'm pretty down on them right now. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have to look through our terrible lines and Tassel's massive, undeserved paycheck. I know the schedule is favorable, but I don't want to be a mediocre team beating bottom-feeder teams, I want to play the best and beat the best, and I want it now :P

slc chief
08-22-2010, 04:16 PM
i am still feeling good about kc. even though they are 0-2 in preseason right now i think this will be a greatly improved team.

Seek
08-23-2010, 09:18 AM
If it wasn't for the fumble by Jones and the poor defense play by Flowers, our starters would have put a pretty serious whooping on the Bucs and that is what we needed to see. While those two plays did happen and you can't excuse that, those two plays are uncharacteristic of those people so I feel much better about the team than I did last week. You could even hear the players whoopin and hollering after plays. They were having fun.

billb40
08-23-2010, 10:36 AM
If we cannot stretch the field with some 20+ passes then all the opposing team needs to do in stuff the middle and we are cooked. Longest completion against TB 17 yards.

slc chief
08-23-2010, 12:50 PM
If we cannot stretch the field with some 20+ passes then all the opposing team needs to do in stuff the middle and we are cooked. Longest completion against TB 17 yards.

i agree 100% if we don not take our shots down field.all you have to do to stop us is stack the box stuff the run and give up 2 yard receptions.i just hope the offense is leaving that part of the playbook out so far

Seek
08-23-2010, 01:35 PM
i agree 100% if we don not take our shots down field.all you have to do to stop us is stack the box stuff the run and give up 2 yard receptions.i just hope the offense is leaving that part of the playbook out so far

The Chiefs were not completing 2 yards passes. We were more times than none in 2nd and short situations. You can put 8 guysn in the box and make the QB beat you by passing, and for the most part Cassel did by hitting his hot routes. Gaining 7 yards on every blitz will eventually stop the team from blitzing.

I guess Cassel could have held the ball a couple second longer so the WR could get deeper in hopes that his average O-line picked up the blitz and possibly risk injury just to stretch the field and make a few fans happy, or they could actully read what the defense is giving them and take it down the field for a 10 minute drive and TD.

Given the time Cassel did throw the ball down field to his receivers. He did it a bunch late last season to Chambers for success.

I don't know why anyone is complaining about Cassel and the performance of the offense from the Starters on Saturday. Other than the fumble by Jones they executed very well.

Pro_Angler
08-23-2010, 07:05 PM
last year they all did that to us the first 8 games ..stacking the box. then we opened up the offense Charles went crazy and all was looking better.. You have to open it up or they will continue to stack the box on us.

Seek
08-23-2010, 09:39 PM
last year they all did that to us the first 8 games ..stacking the box. then we opened up the offense Charles went crazy and all was looking better.. You have to open it up or they will continue to stack the box on us.

We also signed Chambers about the same time Charles got the start. Having him on the team gave Cassel some confidence in his receivers. We went deep before, but the receivers were not reliable. I mean Bobby Wade... Seriously.

Three7s
08-23-2010, 11:00 PM
We also signed Chambers about the same time Charles got the start. Having him on the team gave Cassel some confidence in his receivers. We went deep before, but the receivers were not reliable. I mean Bobby Wade... Seriously.
It still freaks me out that Bobby Wade was the #1 receiver for some games......

And people wonder why we stunk on offense at times.

STLChiefs
08-26-2010, 10:26 PM
6-7 wins.

Pro_Angler
08-28-2010, 11:25 AM
I still think due to our weak schedule we can win 10 games this year, if cassell pulls head outa buttox...Our D needs to play all year like they did in the 2nd qtr of Philli game..

hardcorechiefsfan
08-28-2010, 11:32 AM
I feel that they have a good chance of getting into the playoffs but getting past the first playoff game is the key.

Chiefster
08-29-2010, 02:30 AM
I hope I'm wrong but I don't think the division or a wild card is in the works this season. Of course I'd be more then happy to dine on crow regarding this.

Three7s
08-29-2010, 03:27 AM
I hope I'm wrong but I don't think the division or a wild card is in the works this season. Of course I'd be more then happy to dine on crow regarding this.
Depends on if we put both facets of the game together. Against the Bucs, we had the offense, against the Eagles, we had the defense. Put them together and you get wins.

Chiefster
08-29-2010, 07:05 AM
Depends on if we put both facets of the game together. Against the Bucs, we had the offense, against the Eagles, we had the defense. Put them together and you get wins.

Very true, it seems that has been the Chiefs M.O. for quite some time. We are either known for our defense or our offense. Since the Herm era we haven't been known for either. It would be nice to be a bit more rounded.

Austin Avalon
08-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Other than the big reception for a touchdown I felt our D did good against the Bucs. There were tons of times where just one extra second and the QB was ours so pressure was there. I was impressed really after what we had in earlier game and last year.