PDA

View Full Version : Patriots at it again...

Pro_Angler
08-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Pats and Saints have been practicing together all week long. I feel two ways about this.
1. It should be illegal its kind of like cheating. 2 top teams getting the opportunity to get better practices in.
2. Why don't we practice all week with another team, it would be way better learning then against your own team.

:feedback:

DMN
08-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Pats and Saints have been practicing together all week long. I feel two ways about this.
1. It should be illegal its kind of like cheating. 2 top teams getting the opportunity to get better practices in.
2. Why don't we practice all week with another team, it would be way better learning then against your own team.

Now I am not sure of the specifics... But I feel relatively certain that we had scrimmages against the Vikes during the preseason when we were in river falls. I dont know about it being all week but I know it was like 2 scrimmages. I am certain that it was the vikes cause they made a big deal about JA going against us right after the trade.

Pro_Angler
08-13-2010, 08:42 AM
yes he had a scrimmage against the vikings. I just think that its a disadvantage to all the other teams in the league to allow 2 of the best teams to join together to try to dominate the league.
Maybe since we are pats lite that we will be doing it too next year...lol

bbacker51
08-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Are they switching coaches? That could be a huge advantage to have someone else's view point on a players skill level. Also, if a player is having a problem with any part of the game, another coach may have a better way to fix it than his own coach. If there's no rule now, I bet there will be.

Pro_Angler
08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
yea it seemed from what I saw a pretty open pr=actices, they were even scrimmages they called it "practiced with all week".

Pro_Angler
08-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Since they cant video practices anymore they just bring em in..lmao Belichec can be a real scum bag,,imo..

honda522
08-13-2010, 05:34 PM
I dont really see how that is cheating....unfair to other teams maybe but not cheating.

Pro_Angler
08-13-2010, 06:38 PM
I didnt say cheating I was meaning unfair...

Chiefster
08-14-2010, 06:35 AM

Yeah, we could scrimmage against the Rams...oh, wait.

...Never-mind.

Connie Jo
08-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Wouldn't that give both teams an advantage against each other 'IF' they ended up opponents too, such as in Super Bowl? Heck, they'd know each others teams inside and out, more or less.

SIC J
08-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Who cares? They are in 2 different conferences. I'm sure other teams are allowed to do it as well and if they choose not to then thats on them.

bwilliams
08-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Difference between them and us is that the Saints and Pats already have their depth charts sorted out, and neither is trying to integrate (for the most part) rookies into the starting lineup. That gives them the freedom to do this. It would be counter-productive for the Chiefs or any other rebuilding team to scrimmage like this when they still have massive internal issues to work out.

SAPHOJUNKIE
08-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Lots of teams all over the league do this. It's not a "patriots" idea.

the chiefs scrimmaged against the Vikings one week of training camp for years.

remember when we were supposed to be super bowl contenders with trent green and priest holmes? that same year the vikings were shortlisted as well with moss and culpepper.

We scrimmaged during camp that year.