PDA

View Full Version : After watching the Miami game

figcrostic
08-16-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm still mad we traded Tyler. We didn't get S for him, I think he was better QB then Croyle and Cassel. Maybe he wasn't the protypical QB but I really liked the guy he was a tough SOB had better accuracy and you remember when he lined up as WR and caught the pass from Mark Bradley for TD that was awesome! Tyler turned a horrible season into a very watchable season. You all know my feelings on Cassel as a QB so lets not even get into that, but if we were going to have a QB run for his life behind a crappy O-line why not get a guy that can actually make the game watchable and is actually cheap. I know I know :ninerssuck::ninerssuck: but it had to be said.

hometeam
08-16-2010, 08:42 PM
thiggy is my homey :(

Pro_Angler
08-16-2010, 08:45 PM
yea id rather have thiggy then palco anyday..

#58ChiefsFan
08-16-2010, 08:45 PM
You probably shouldn't watch anymore fins games this year. :chiefs: :D

matthewschiefs
08-16-2010, 09:02 PM
I said this last year I will say it again this year. It really doesn't matter how he is doing with the fins. He fits them better then he did with what Haley wants. He would not be able to be as helpful to this team as he is in the Dolphins. He's just better for what the Dolphins want I guess.

figcrostic
08-16-2010, 11:49 PM
I said this last year I will say it again this year. It really doesn't matter how he is doing with the fins. He fits them better then he did with what Haley wants. He would not be able to be as helpful to this team as he is in the Dolphins. He's just better for what the Dolphins want I guess.

Such a cop out, The fins want the same thing as us to win games. I would actually argue Matt Cassell is much better in for New England then as a Chief.

Three7s
08-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Such a cop out, The fins want the same thing as us to win games. I would actually argue Matt Cassell is much better in for New England then as a Chief.
The Dolphins have the perfect offensive personnel for Thigpen. He runs the wildcat beautifully.

Connie Jo
08-17-2010, 02:03 AM
I'm still mad we traded Tyler. We didn't get S for him, I think he was better QB then Croyle and Cassel. Maybe he wasn't the protypical QB but I really liked the guy he was a tough SOB had better accuracy and you remember when he lined up as WR and caught the pass from Mark Bradley for TD that was awesome! Tyler turned a horrible season into a very watchable season. You all know my feelings on Cassel as a QB so lets not even get into that, but if we were going to have a QB run for his life behind a crappy O-line why not get a guy that can actually make the game watchable and is actually cheap. I know I know :ninerssuck::ninerssuck: but it had to be said.

Hey, I'm in agreement with you, in that I wanted to keep Thigpen, get rid of Croyle instead. I was upset too when they let Thigpen go. Sadly, as mere fans...we didn't have a say so in the matter...Thigpen is gone. I'm retaining Faith in Cassel, however. It may be blind Faith, only 2010 will show & tell us all. :)

hometeam
08-17-2010, 03:04 AM
The Dolphins have the perfect offensive personnel for Thigpen. He runs the wildcat beautifully.

and so would we throwing him in with mccluster, charles, and jones.

We will do alright wildcat without him, but hes perfect for it.

Though, really, its just another in a line of 'I wish we had him backs'

chalk em up with JA and Pollard and lets move on~

figcrostic
08-17-2010, 09:49 AM

True, but he was also just as good as Matt Cassel behind our O-line

figcrostic
08-17-2010, 09:52 AM
and so would we throwing him in with mccluster, charles, and jones.

We will do alright wildcat without him, but hes perfect for it.

Though, really, its just another in a line of 'I wish we had him backs'

chalk em up with JA and Pollard and lets move on~

And Jared Allen :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
08-17-2010, 10:52 AM

That is far from a cop out. Teams have diffrent offense they have diffrent ways of doing things. Did you see last years preseason. Thigpen did not look good while he was in there. He was overthrowing guys like crazy. It was going so badly for him they were going to move him to WR. Thigpen was just not right for Haleys system. It was best to move him.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Is it that bad that some are now wishing Thigpen was back on our team? WOW is all I can say!!

bwilliams
08-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Is it that bad that some are now wishing Thigpen was back on our team? WOW is all I can say!!

Thigpen is a good guy to have if you have a bad OL. He's agile and athletic, and throws decently on the run. His problem is that he doesn't do well in traditional offenses. And he'd be miserable in a precision passing offense like the one Weis is implementing. If we were willing to be flexible if Cassel goes down, Thigpen would be a perfect backup. If we want to stick to Weis's offense no matter what, he isn't.

Frankly, I just like the guy. He's smart, works hard, and is well liked by his teammates. I also trust him to stay healthy, which I absolutely don't with Brodie Croyle.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Thigpen is a good guy to have if you have a bad OL. He's agile and athletic, and throws decently on the run. His problem is that he doesn't do well in traditional offenses. And he'd be miserable in a precision passing offense like the one Weis is implementing. If we were willing to be flexible if Cassel goes down, Thigpen would be a perfect backup. If we want to stick to Weis's offense no matter what, he isn't.

Frankly, I just like the guy. He's smart, works hard, and is well liked by his teammates. I also trust him to stay healthy, which I absolutely don't with Brodie Croyle.
You can't have an offense for one guy and another for your back up. Besides, if your keeping a guy simply because your O line is bad, your keeping him for the wrong reasons.

bwilliams
08-17-2010, 12:03 PM
You can't have an offense for one guy and another for your back up. Besides, if your keeping a guy simply because your O line is bad, your keeping him for the wrong reasons.

Sure you can. The Eagles do, for an obvious example.

And keeping a mobile QB because your OL is bad is the right reason if the front office refuses to fix the OL. How long do you think Brodie Croyle can survive behind the current OL? Two weeks? One week? A quarter? If 2008 is any indiciation, it's closest to the latter.

hometeam
08-17-2010, 12:25 PM
And Jared Allen :bananen_smilies046:

JA = jared allen :P

Drunker Hillbilly
08-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Sure you can. The Eagles do, for an obvious example.

And keeping a mobile QB because your OL is bad is the right reason if the front office refuses to fix the OL. How long do you think Brodie Croyle can survive behind the current OL? Two weeks? One week? A quarter? If 2008 is any indiciation, it's closest to the latter.
Now we're comparing Thigpen to Vick or Kolb? When the back up comes in for the Chiefs, whoever it is, they need to employ the K.I.S.S theory. If that's a different offense then I guess I agree but I believe you can still run the same offense but utilize the check down more than you would with the starter in. Two TE sets for extra protection etc..

bwilliams
08-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Now we're comparing Thigpen to Vick or Kolb? When the back up comes in for the Chiefs, whoever it is, they need to employ the K.I.S.S theory. If that's a different offense then I guess I agree but I believe you can still run the same offense but utilize the check down more than you would with the starter in. Two TE sets for extra protection etc..

Given that our current offense is going to be a precision-oriented, complex passing game, yes, a simplified, run heavy, max protect offense would be a radical departure. At least as much of one as a pistol or spread offense.

Seek
08-17-2010, 02:16 PM
True, but he was also just as good as Matt Cassel behind our O-line

Ding Ding Ding... There is the answer.. I don't care who the QB is. No one will look good behind this O-line. Including Thomas Jones.

bwilliams
08-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Ding Ding Ding... There is the answer.. I don't care who the QB is. No one will look good behind this O-line. Including Thomas Jones.

The only good news is that we don't play many good defenses. And we don't play any great ones, unless you count San Diego, San Fran, or Tennessee as great. While our OL isn't good, neither is the pass rush of Seattle, St. Louis, Oakland (twice), Buffalo, Jacksonville, Arizona, Cleveland, or Denver (twice). That's ten bad pass rushes out of 16 games.

chiefnut
08-17-2010, 02:52 PM
i always liked The Thig and believed we threw away a draft pick to get cassel which should have been used to shore up the "o"line. however the "O"line still looks like swiss cheese around cassel so it is unfair to judge him yet, but i'm having some doubts about pioli not drafting/acquiring better lineman.

Hayvern
08-17-2010, 04:15 PM
The reason Thigpen is gone is the same reason Chan Gailey was fired. Haley is not going to run a wildcat offense as the primary offense on the field. Thigpen will struggle behind a traditional offense with this passing game as his "happy feet" will get him in trouble everytime.

I liked Thigpen though and felt that we let the better of the Thig/Croyle dynamic duo go for nothing in return. Which again calls into question the wisdom of our leaders. I still do not get the Pollard move either, you just don't throw away players of that skill for nothing.

Pro_Angler
08-17-2010, 05:21 PM
No matter what I see us drafting a QB next yeart or picking up another FA QB.

bwilliams
08-17-2010, 05:45 PM
The reason Thigpen is gone is the same reason Chan Gailey was fired. Haley is not going to run a wildcat offense as the primary offense on the field. Thigpen will struggle behind a traditional offense with this passing game as his "happy feet" will get him in trouble everytime.

I liked Thigpen though and felt that we let the better of the Thig/Croyle dynamic duo go for nothing in return. Which again calls into question the wisdom of our leaders. I still do not get the Pollard move either, you just don't throw away players of that skill for nothing.

Neither Gailey nor Thigpen ran a wildcat offense. They ran the pistol/spread.

Pro_Angler
08-17-2010, 06:32 PM
you are correct!!^^^^^

brish
08-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Saying Thigpen is more accurate than Cassel and Croyle is laughable..

I still liked him though, so im glad he went to a place that suits his talents more..

honda522
08-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Remember we still lost that game against the Bucs...Thigpen is nothing more than a backup. So might be Cassel.

We need a QB like Montana to really win a Superbowl..only time will tell if Cassel can be a Montana.

Chiefster
08-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Remember we still lost that game against the Bucs...Thigpen is nothing more than a backup. So might be Cassel.

We need a QB like Montana to really win a Superbowl..only time will tell if Cassel can be a Montana.

Anyone watch Montana in the flag football game that aired before the HOF preseason game? He still has it!

yashi
08-18-2010, 12:05 PM
I'll always have a special respect for Thigpen for somehow making a 2-14 season exciting. I was one of his biggest supporters when he was here and thought he deserved to be our starter in 2009. With that said, for him to be remotely effective he has to play in a tailor made offense, with the ability to throw it at Tony Gonzalez every other play.

He was always a stud in the first half, but it's no coincidence that he struggled horribly in the second half of most games. NFL defenses saw something they haven't seen since college or high school, but once they made halftime adjustments, bam.. pistol spread neutralized.

He's fun to watch, but I have a hard time ever seeing him being able to lead a team to a winning season. Then again, I feel the same way about Cassel on any team that wasn't 16-0 the previous year.

figcrostic
08-18-2010, 12:42 PM

I'm with you we need a star at QB, but we honestly needed a star OL more then a QB Thigpen is fine for what we have now. We should have used the 2nd we used on Cassell and used it to beef up the line or use the money we gave Cassell on a FA stud.

figcrostic
08-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I'll always have a special respect for Thigpen for somehow making a 2-14 season exciting. I was one of his biggest supporters when he was here and thought he deserved to be our starter in 2009. With that said, for him to be remotely effective he has to play in a tailor made offense, with the ability to throw it at Tony Gonzalez every other play.

He was always a stud in the first half, but it's no coincidence that he struggled horribly in the second half of most games. NFL defenses saw something they haven't seen since college or high school, but once they made halftime adjustments, bam.. pistol spread neutralized.

He's fun to watch, but I have a hard time ever seeing him being able to lead a team to a winning season. Then again, I feel the same way about Cassel on any team that wasn't 16-0 the previous year.

Totally agree. Where were you at a week ago when everyone called me a hater for saying the same thing?:bananen_smilies046:

bwilliams
08-18-2010, 12:45 PM

Well, I don't think anyone is saying that Thiggy should be our starting QB. Just that he'd have been a valuable backup and/or could have provided a bridge to Sanchez if we'd drafted him in 2009 instead of trading for Cassel. He's started and won a football game, which is a whole lot more than you can say about 0-15 Croyle. Hell, Thigpen has value alone as a potential wildcat distraction lining up as a slot WR if we ever wanted to pull any trickery with him and McCluster.

figcrostic
08-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Well, I don't think anyone is saying that Thiggy should be our starting QB. Just that he'd have been a valuable backup and/or could have provided a bridge to Sanchez if we'd drafted him in 2009 instead of trading for Cassel. He's started and won a football game, which is a whole lot more than you can say about 0-15 Croyle. Hell, Thigpen has value alone as a potential wildcat distraction lining up as a slot WR if we ever wanted to pull any trickery with him and McCluster.

EXACTLY Nobody is saying Thigpen is a great QB, but he's no worse then Cassel and can Cassel do this?
NFL Videos: WK 9 Can't-Miss Play: Wildcat copycats (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d80c22b39/Can-t-Miss-Wildcat-copycats)

yashi
08-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Totally agree. Where were you at a week ago when everyone called me a hater for saying the same thing?:bananen_smilies046:

I get tired of repeating things I've already said many times.

stricken721
08-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Anyone watch Montana in the flag football game that aired before the HOF preseason game? He still has it!

Yep he was pretty good. I say sign him up! :lol:

bwilliams
08-18-2010, 04:23 PM
That isn't what you wrote a weak ago. You wrote that Cassel was a lousy QB and a waste of a 2nd round pick. That's quite a bit different from saying we need time to see if he's good or not.

stadw0n306
08-18-2010, 05:57 PM
EXACTLY Nobody is saying Thigpen is a great QB, but he's no worse then Cassel and can Cassel do this?
NFL Videos: WK 9 Can't-Miss Play: Wildcat copycats (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d80c22b39/Can-t-Miss-Wildcat-copycats)

haha i loved that play!!

figcrostic
08-19-2010, 12:13 AM
That isn't what you wrote a weak ago. You wrote that Cassel was a lousy QB and a waste of a 2nd round pick. That's quite a bit different from saying we need time to see if he's good or not.

You need to re-read the poster I qouted he said nothing about seeing if Cassel is good or not. He made the point that Thigpen was fun to watch but not a good starting QB and then went on to say he feels the same way about Matt Cassel when he doesn't play on teams that don't go 16-0. Basically Matt Cassel is no better then Thigpen.

Chiefster
08-19-2010, 01:08 AM
Yep he was pretty good. I say sign him up! :lol:

You and I think much alike! :lol:

If only he were 37 again. :D