PDA

View Full Version : Keep Huard for now

luv
09-16-2007, 11:37 PM
You guys wanted him, you got him. On some of the sites I've been on, there have been tons of Huard supporters throwing in their towels and saying to start Croyle. Their reasoning? We're 0-2. Big friggin' deal. Didn't we start 0-2 last year?

Huard's overthrown and underthrown some balls this year, but that's not unlike last year. His first receiver isn't open, and he seems to panic. He threw a lot of balls on the slant today. That might work if our O-line was better. Maybe he just needs more time to develop into a starting QB. He's 34, so he's worth the time and effort, right? I mean, he did so good last year, right?

If we're going to be as bad as people seem to think we are, we might as well caudle our backup QB so He'll be better next year. He's not ready for the NFL defense.

[/sarcasm]

Chiefster
09-16-2007, 11:41 PM
You guys wanted him, you got him. On some of the sites I've been on, there have been tons of Huard supporters throwing in their towels and saying to start Croyle. Their reasoning? We're 0-2. Big friggin' deal. Didn't we start 0-2 last year?

Huard's overthrown and underthrown some balls this year, but that's not unlike last year. His first receiver isn't open, and he seems to panic. He threw a lot of balls on the slant today. That might work if our O-line was better. Maybe he just needs more time to develop into a starting QB. He's 34, so he's worth the time and effort, right? I mean, he did so good last year, right?

If we're going to be as bad as people seem to think we are, we might as well caudle our backup QB so He'll be better next year. He's not ready for the NFL defense.

[/sarcasm]

So your saying there's a chance; YEAHHH!!!!

timsatt1
09-16-2007, 11:50 PM

[/sarcasm]

HELL NO!!! Start Brody Croyle because I saw a leader out there on the one drive that he was in there for. He was SO RELAXED, not panicy. I saw a lot in one drive, more than one should be able to in one possession.

Brody is not panicky, he is not ultra conservative (which is a formula for losing).

Brody is now. Huard is a lifelong backup quarterback. He has made a career out of being a backup and should continue to be backup.

Canada
09-17-2007, 12:19 AM
Some pretty sarcastic remarks for someone who dosen't want to be a "troublemaker"

luv
09-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Some pretty sarcastic remarks for someone who dosen't want to be a "troublemaker"
I see I've been labeled the Crowd Grouch. I guess I'm just trying to live up to my reputation.

In all seriousness, I think it's too soon to pull Huard, unless he's injured. I may have wanted Croyle from the get-go, but I don't believe in pulling a guy after two games. Especially when we started 0-2 last year. I believe he deserves a few more games.

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 12:37 AM
I see I've been labeled the Crowd Grouch. I guess I'm just trying to live up to my reputation.

In all seriousness, I think it's too soon to pull Huard, unless he's injured. I may have wanted Croyle from the get-go, but I don't believe in pulling a guy after two games. Especially when we started 0-2 last year. I believe he deserves a few more games.

That is if the injury to his hand doesn't prevent it.

timsatt1
09-17-2007, 12:43 AM

it is great to get a womans perspective on what to do in a football game. when you are done vacuuming, can you please get me a beer out of the fridge? thanks in advance.

luv
09-17-2007, 12:45 AM
it is great to get a womans perspective on what to do in a football game. when you are done vacuuming, can you please get me a beer out of the fridge? thanks in advance.
Don't put me in a bad mood.

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Don't put me in a bad mood.

Hell hath no fury....

Canada
09-17-2007, 12:53 AM

Surprise surprise, you don't already have a woman to do that for you

timsatt1
09-17-2007, 12:55 AM
how do i keep from being emailed every time someone responds to a post? i have like 100 emailsnow in my inbox. i looked under options and didnt see the option to take it off anywhere.

luv
09-17-2007, 12:57 AM
how do i keep from being emailed every time someone responds to a post? i have like 100 emailsnow in my inbox. i looked under options and didnt see the option to take it off anywhere.
I think that a true man would be able to figure that out for himself. Since when do you need instruction?

timsatt1
09-17-2007, 12:58 AM
i am gay

Canada
09-17-2007, 12:58 AM
I think that a true man would be able to figure that out for himself. Since when do you need instruction?
:lol: :funnypost:

luv
09-17-2007, 01:00 AM
i am gay
Well, in that case, look under your option in your user CP.

timsatt1
09-17-2007, 01:01 AM
ok thanks, im not really gay, just knew if i was gay, the gay friendly crowd would help me out.

really, i am a racist, woman hating red neck.

Canada
09-17-2007, 01:01 AM

i am gay

So gay men can't be true men?? Not that I am gay....not that there is anything wrong with that

Canada
09-17-2007, 01:02 AM
ok thanks, im not really gay, just knew if i was gay, the gay friendly crowd would help me out.

suuuuure you aren't

luv
09-17-2007, 01:02 AM

I'm sure that works wonders for your sex life. Tell, Rosey Palm I said hello.

timsatt1
09-17-2007, 01:03 AM
you are correct, gay men cannot be real men.

not sure how y ou havent figured that out yet.

timsatt1
09-17-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm sure that works wonders for your sex life. Tell, Rosey Palm I said hello.

yes there is a major downside to being a woman hater, rosy palm does have to stay busy, either that or i have to dish out a lot of $$ to get it. but that is life. you cant have it all.

Canada
09-17-2007, 01:04 AM

Guess it is hard to prove your manhood with some little dip**** on a comuter

Canada
09-17-2007, 01:05 AM
yes there is a major downside to being a woman hater, rosy palm does have to stay busy, either that or i have to dish out a lot of $$ to get it. but that is life. you cant have it all.

Isn't the reality just that women don't like you! :beer:

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 01:06 AM

...Depends upon which end of town you acquire it.

timsatt1
09-17-2007, 01:09 AM
...Depends upon which end of town you acquire it.

well, i am not rich, so $5 is a lot of money to me.

luv
09-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Isn't the reality just that women don't like you! :beer:
I'm sure he's probably quite the charmer whenever other guys aren't around. That's how most guys are....in my experience.

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 01:11 AM

Heh! Maybe they'll take Arrowcash.

Canada
09-17-2007, 01:11 AM

another shocker

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Guess it is hard to prove your manhood with some little dip**** on a comuter

Did you mean computer or did you simply misspell commuter? :D

sling58
09-17-2007, 11:57 AM

Ummm..... no wonder you are alone!!!

sling58
09-17-2007, 11:59 AM

I wouldn't start on the whole bashing on Mr. Canada thing just yet young buck. You might be gettin ginto something you want to have nothing to do with. I am not a Mod on this site but we don't take to lightly to the personal bashes. We are here to talk football, if you have other reasons to be here why don't you do everyone a favor and stop posting and go to some other site.

Chiefster, didn't mean to do your job but this is crap IMO

BIG ERN
09-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Bulger is gay and he is a bad arse football player.Huard is not very good.

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't start on the whole bashing on Mr. Canada thing just yet young buck. You might be gettin ginto something you want to have nothing to do with. I am not a Mod on this site but we don't take to lightly to the personal bashes. We are here to talk football, if you have other reasons to be here why don't you do everyone a favor and stop posting and go to some other site.

Not a problem my friend, however, after going through all the replies leading up to this point in time, the feeling that I have is that there was some light hearted sparring back and forth between the two. I didn't see anything too out of hand here, but I appreciate you caring. :)

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Bulger is gay and he is a bad arse football player.Huard is not very good.

Speaking from personal experience???:lol:
j/k

luv
09-17-2007, 12:47 PM

He's just a young punk kid who's still learning to spread his wings. He's still in the mindset that bashing people makes him look cool. He'll grow out of it, I'm sure.

:p

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 12:51 PM
He's just a young punk kid who's still learning to spread his wings. He's still in the mindset that bashing people makes him look cool. He'll grow out of it, I'm sure.

:p

This coming from the Resident Crowd Crybaby Grouch? :lol:

(I'm kidding luv; don't hurt me.)

luv
09-17-2007, 01:01 PM
This coming from the Resident Crowd Crybaby Grouch? :lol:

(I'm kidding luv; don't hurt me.)

Well, I'll be damned. I wonder what else I can get the oh-so-wonderful mod, Guru, to label me as.

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Well, I'll be damned. I wonder what else I can get the oh-so-wonderful mod, Guru, to label me as.

:lol::lol:

Oh, one never knows! :D

m0ef0e
09-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Back to the thread: Croyle looked good. Huard has definately looked tentative. I never want to see a guy get hurt but if Damon has to sit due to injury, it may save him some face as opposed to eventually getting benched because he can't get anything going.

It's still way too early to do that but Damon definately needs to start feeling the pressure to perform. He also needs to realize that we need to take a few more risks earlier in the game by going deep in order to keep the defense honest and so we have a chance of nabbing a quick score and maybe an early lead-- which really helps on the road.

IMO, plays like the flea-flicker the Chiefs ran should be done earlier in the game to get a quick lead, enabling us to go with our smash-the-ball-and-run-clock gameplan.

When you come out so vanilla at the beginning of a game, it's just like saying that you will go ahead and wait to spot the other team points and then play from behind. The best time to pass is when the defense thinks you'll run and vise versa. Once you are already down and forced into passing situations, it makes it way harder to execute and the possibilty of throwing interceptions is much higher.

While most of the fault for this would fall one Edwards and Solari, it does seem that Damon is also scared to go down the field some. I like Huard and was pulling for him to be the starter but he needs to take advantage of the opportunity he is getting and at least attempt to make some big plays. Especially earlier in games.

luv
09-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Back to the thread: Croyle looked good. Huard has definately looked tentative. I never want to see a guy get hurt but if Damon has to sit due to injury, it may save him some face as opposed to eventually getting benched because he can't get anything going.

It's still way too early to do that but Damon definately needs to start feeling the pressure to perform. He also needs to realize that we need to take a few more risks earlier in the game by going deep in order to keep the defense honest and so we have a chance of nabbing a quick score and maybe an early lead-- which really helps on the road.

IMO, plays like the flea-flicker the Chiefs ran should be done earlier in the game to get a quick lead, enabling us to go with our smash-the-ball-and-run-clock gameplan.

When you come out so vanilla at the beginning of a game, it's just like saying that you will go ahead and wait to spot the other team points and then play from behind. The best time to pass is when the defense thinks you'll run and vise versa. Once you are already down and forced into passing situations, it makes it way harder to execute and the possibilty of throwing interceptions is much higher.

While most of the fault for this would fall one Edwards and Solari, it does seem that Damon is also scared to go down the field some. I like Huard and was pulling for him to be the starter but he needs to take advantage of the opportunity he is getting and at least attempt to make some big plays. Especially earlier in games.
I agree. We took more risks in the second half, and most of them would have paid off if it wasn't for penalties. If we would have taken those risks earlier in the game, we might've stood a better chance of winning. Herm seems to like the slow, steady, conservative game. What he fails to realize is that has never worked for us. We need to take a few more risks. The greater the risk, the greater the reward. We'l hit and miss, but practice makes perfect.

Guru
09-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Ummmm, I wanted Croyle in there from the start. So hell yeah I want him in there now.

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Ummmm, I wanted Croyle in there from the start. So hell yeah I want him in there now.

He doesn't play defense, therefore he does not exist in Herm's mind.

DrunkHillbilly
09-17-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't want either of them!!!! I would rather have Garcia who was available in the off season. Not a stud by any stretch of the imagination but at least he has some experience and can move a little. However, we are back in the same situation wa have been in for a while....only 1 receiver and a tight end to throw it to!!

chief31
09-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Imagine that. Huard gets the road games, then everyone wants to see Croyle get the cupcake game.

I am not phased. Huard has stillearned his opportunity and I want to see it. Yes, he looks scared to throw deep. Herm being in control of your job would make you scared to throw deep too. Huard has made one interception that was his fault. And if you look at that play in slo-mo, it is aesy to see how he missed the defender. (With his eyes.) Huard hasn't played poorly. He has been playing Herms game.

Croyle looked good in the two-minute drill, for a couple of plays. Good. I was glad that he got to play. But don't look too deeply into what a guy does with a two-minute drill, when compared to a guy who played the rest of a football game against the regular Chicago Bears defense.

luv
09-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Imagine that. Huard gets the road games, then everyone wants to see Croyle get the cupcake game.

I am not phased. Huard has stillearned his opportunity and I want to see it. Yes, he looks scared to throw deep. Herm being in control of your job would make you scared to throw deep too. Huard has made one interception that was his fault. And if you look at that play in slo-mo, it is aesy to see how he missed the defender. (With his eyes.) Huard hasn't played poorly. He has been playing Herms game.

Croyle looked good in the two-minute drill, for a couple of plays. Good. I was glad that he got to play. But don't look too deeply into what a guy does with a two-minute drill, when compared to a guy who played the rest of a football game against the regular Chicago Bears defense.
I'm still not seeing where he earned anything. He didn't even play in the last two preseason games. He does not appear to be the QB he was last year. Nothing ever seems to be his fault though. Weird.

I don't think he played too bad yesterday. There were some overthrown and underthrown passes, but he did manage to hit his mark on some key throws. I may not have wanted him to start, but I don't believe we should throw him out yet.

m0ef0e
09-17-2007, 02:49 PM

I agree. It's too early in the season to take the opportunity away from Damon. Plus, as you said, Brodie came in fresh after everybody else had played the whole game. He looked good but there may have been a contributing factor there other than his talent. IMO, Huard needs to start playing to please the fans instead of Herm Peterson. If he sees something he wants to take a shot at, he needs to try it. I don't care what our ignorant coach says, you have to score points to win games. When you get an early turnover on the road, you need to capitalize. To just run vanilla plays and get stopped, then give the ball back is like saying "Oh go ahead, we will spot you the first points of the game." Spotting any team 17 points on the road is not conducive to winning football games in the NFL.

chief31
09-17-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm still not seeing where he earned anything. He didn't even play in the last two preseason games. He does not appear to be the QB he was last year. Nothing ever seems to be his fault though. Weird.

I don't think he played too bad yesterday. There were some overthrown and underthrown passes, but he did manage to hit his mark on some key throws. I may not have wanted him to start, but I don't believe we should throw him out yet.
You are just trying to get me to irritate Canada by showing you where Huard earned the job. I am not going to do it. (You're welcome, canada.) Search the posts, it is all over the place around here.

Guru
09-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Huard didn't earn the job. He inherited it.

luv
09-17-2007, 02:56 PM
You are just trying to get me to irritate Canada by showing you where Huard earned the job. I am not going to do it. (You're welcome, canada.) Search the posts, it is all over the place around here.
I know you're basing your decision off of last year. Have you seen him perform yet this year like he did last year?

luv
09-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Exactly.

chief31
09-17-2007, 02:59 PM

BUZZ!!!! Ohhh. Sorry. The judges say no. You actually had it half right. But, after inheriting th job, he then earned it.

Darn, so close.

chief31
09-17-2007, 03:01 PM
I know you're basing your decision off of last year. Have you seen him perform yet this year like he did last year?

Not often. How is that relevant to rather, or not, he did earn this job? I haven't seen him earn the bensh yet, either.

luv
09-17-2007, 03:02 PM
BUZZ!!!! Ohhh. Sorry. The judges say no. You actually had it half right. But, after inheriting th job, he then earned it.

Darn, so close.
Can you honestly tell me you think Huard is playing like a second rated QB this year? Really?

luv
09-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Not often. How is that relevant to rather, or not, he did earn this job? I haven't seen him earn the bensh yet, either.
Have I said bench him?

Guru
09-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Funny, how I have never once said an opinion was wrong. I only stated that I wanted Croyle from the beginning. But, alas, I am wrong.

BAck to our original programming.

Homer glasses back on.

chief31
09-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Can you honestly tell me you think Huard is playing like a second rated QB this year? Really?

Oh, I didn't realize that the only way to keep a job was by being Peyton Manning. No, he hasn't. I think I already showed that, with this...
Have you seen him perform yet this year like he did last year?
Not often.

Have I said bench him?

Nope.

Funny, how I have never once said an opinion was wrong. I only stated that I wanted Croyle from the beginning. But, alas, I am wrong.

BAck to our original programming.

Homer glasses back on.

Oh, come on. I am goofin' on ya. Oops. my fault. I forgot the smilie.:yahoo: I thought that one was clear enough. My bad.

Guru
09-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh, I didn't realize that the only way to keep a job was by being Peyton Manning. No, he hasn't. I think I already showed that, with this...

Nope.

Oh, come on. I am goofin' on ya. Oops. my fault. I forgot the smilie.:yahoo: I thought that one was clear enough. My bad.

Chiefster needs to school you further on the ways of the smilie. :11::D

chief31
09-17-2007, 04:04 PM

Yeah, I still am not finished in my training, but my friends will die without me. I'll come back to finsh my training.

I thought the whole game show aproach would come across friendly enough. :sign0153:

See, sometimes I don't work the smilies right.

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 04:16 PM

Yeah, I still am not finished in my training, but my friends will die without me. I'll come back to finsh my training.

I thought the whole game show aproach would come across friendly enough. :sign0153:

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Yes; yes! All is going according to plan. You are learning well my young padawan! :11:

Guru
09-17-2007, 04:30 PM

BUZZZZZZZ!!!!!

Wrong again. Tell him what he could have won.

timsatt1
09-17-2007, 04:33 PM
[quote=chief31;23589]Oh, I didn't realize that the only way to keep a job was by being Peyton Manning. No, he hasn't. I think I already showed that, with this...

being like payton manning? AHAHAHAHAHAH dude you are totally wack, we arent asking him to be payton manning. we are asking him to have more than 1 touchdown pass in 2 games...

and to play in a way that "gives us a chance" to win.

not necessarily to WIN, but to have a chance to win. We do not have a chance to win throwing only 5 yard passes all game and misthrowing the ball.

the nfl is a big boys business...you dont get chance after chance after chance. you get your chance and you either succeed or fail in your small window of opportunity. Huard is failing. but go ahead, make more excuses for the man.

Canada
09-17-2007, 04:35 PM
[quote=chief31;23589]Oh, I didn't realize that the only way to keep a job was by being Peyton Manning. No, he hasn't. I think I already showed that, with this...

being like payton manning? AHAHAHAHAHAH dude you are totally wack, we arent asking him to be payton manning. we are asking him to have more than 1 touchdown pass in 2 games...

not necessarily to WIN, but to have a chance to win. We do not have a chance to win throwing only 5 yard passes all game and misthrowing the ball.

the nfl is a big boys business...you dont get chance after chance after chance. you get your chance and you either succeed or fail in your small window of opportunity. Huard is failing. but go ahead, make more excuses for the man.

How many chances has he had to throw TD's?? I saw one opportunity last weekend that Bowe caught and another one that Parker should have gone after and another one that got called back. It is hard to throw TD's when LJ or Bennet is running the ball...now that is "wack" homie

timsatt1
09-17-2007, 04:45 PM
yeah yeah, keep making excuses for huard, that is all he needs. the good quarterbacks give their team chances for several touchdowns. The good quarterbacks also have their players drop it in the end zone...but that is 1 out of the 5 touchdowns they threw where he drops it. It is sad that Huard only gets there a couple times to even have a chance for a touchdown because of his inability to pass it further than 10 yards on a given play.

but keep the excuses for the man coming...he needs them.

hermhater
09-17-2007, 04:48 PM
This is my first post on this site and would like to thank all of you for your opinions (and suffering) as we all root for our very own KC Chiefs!

Now on to bashing Herm!

I am not going to sit and rant about all of his bad decisions (it's already been done effectively enough by the rest of you), or about how our players are making mental mistakes (because Herm is not doing his job in camp, and pre-season), or about the organizations inability to have a decent draft (they could have gotten Mason Crosby before Medlock, and now Crosby is the starter where Rayner came from), or even about the disastrous losses we have suffered (players and games), I just want to say Dwayne Beau is going to change our offense as soon as him and Brody get on the field for a few full quarters.

I think Damon got hosed last year taking him out when Trent came back, but if we're gonna lose let's get Brody some time to grow while we're doing it.

Canada
09-17-2007, 04:49 PM
yeah yeah, keep making excuses for huard, that is all he needs. the good quarterbacks give their team chances for several touchdowns. The good quarterbacks also have their players drop it in the end zone...but that is 1 out of the 5 touchdowns they threw where he drops it. It is sad that Huard only gets there a couple times to even have a chance for a touchdown because of his inability to pass it further than 10 yards on a given play.

but keep the excuses for the man coming...he needs them.

Sorry....guess I am one of those guys that supports the players on my team. Whining about **** is not going to get Croyle in and I am sure that when he is in you will enlighten us all on why he is not doing well. We need less fans who piss and moan and more who support our team. Fortunately QB is the only position on offense and if we have a guy who can throw it 80 yards who cares who else is on the field cause we have a QB who throws really far. Go watch the Faders and Russel and shut up.

sling58
09-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry....guess I am one of those guys that supports the players on my team. Whining about **** is not going to get Croyle in and I am sure that when he is in you will enlighten us all on why he is not doing well. We need less fans who piss and moan and more who support our team. Fortunately QB is the only position on offense and if we have a guy who can throw it 80 yards who cares who else is on the field cause we have a QB who throws really far. Go watch the Faders and Russel and shut up.

I'm with you Canada. All Brodie would do for us right now is throw it deep but Herm won't let Damon do that so why would he let Brodie? We need to give Damon a chance for a little longer than 2 games. I bet if we threw brodie in to the dogs he won't do that great and everyone that is rooting for him right now would change their tunes and say take him out. Give Damon a chance and lets all start rooting for the Chiefs instead of booing them. WE ARE CHIEFS FANS LET'S START ACTING LIKE IT! (if you want to boo a team, boo for the one's we play against!)

Guru
09-17-2007, 05:09 PM

Wait a minute here. Since when did not liking the coaching decision at QB negate to not supporting the team? Sorry but that is a BS comment.

While Huard is in there, I support him because he is on the team. Does that mean I am not entitled to my opinion on who I think should be in there?

Huard is not going to get us any more or less wins that Croyle might be capable of. With that being the case, I want to find out if Croyle is our QBotF or not. I don't want to wait until next year to figure this out and possibly waste another year.

hermhater
09-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Guru thank you for agreeing with my earlier post!

Let's see what Brody's got in a real game situation!

Throw the ball to Bowe!

Canada
09-17-2007, 05:16 PM

Wait a minute here. Since when did not liking the coaching decision at QB negate to not supporting the team? Sorry but that is a BS comment.

While Huard is in there, I support him because he is on the team. Does that mean I am not entitled to my opinion on who I think should be in there?

Huard is not going to get us any more or less wins that Croyle might be capable of. With that being the case, I want to find out if Croyle is our QBotF or not. I don't want to wait until next year to figure this out and possibly waste another year.

I think the BS comments are all highlighted. Blaming the offenses problems on Huard is BS. No he isn't Manning so take him out?? If that is not BS then I don't know what is. Its Huards fault that he isn't going downfield all game?? We can experiment all season long and well into next year but I am tired of armchair QBs who know more than anyone else and know exactly how to fix the offense. If everyone is so smart, apply for the job.

chief31
09-17-2007, 05:20 PM

First off, I wasn't talking to you. If you had read the prior posts, you would have noticed that someone pointed out that Huard hasn't been playing like the second best quarterback in the league. Hence, the Manning remark.

Huard is playing the way that Herm Edwards has made clear that he wants his quarterback to play.

luv
09-17-2007, 05:23 PM
This is my first post on this site and would like to thank all of you for your opinions (and suffering) as we all root for our very own KC Chiefs!

Now on to bashing Herm!

I am not going to sit and rant about all of his bad decisions (it's already been done effectively enough by the rest of you), or about how our players are making mental mistakes (because Herm is not doing his job in camp, and pre-season), or about the organizations inability to have a decent draft (they could have gotten Mason Crosby before Medlock, and now Crosby is the starter where Rayner came from), or even about the disastrous losses we have suffered (players and games), I just want to say Dwayne Beau is going to change our offense as soon as him and Brody get on the field for a few full quarters.

I think Damon got hosed last year taking him out when Trent came back, but if we're gonna lose let's get Brody some time to grow while we're doing it.
We need to wait to see how he does against a weaker defense. Looks like the only way Croyle comes in is if Huard can't cut it in that situation. I honestly suspect we'll see Croyle by game 4 or 5. I want to see if HUard is as panicky this week before making my judgement for sure though.

chief31
09-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Well, in that case, I have to assume that you want to bring in some quarterback off the street. Croyle had his chance and blew it. And the other guy blew his chance with the Vikings. If you are in some big hurry to throw our season in the toilet, that's fine. I'm not. I will continue to support Huard for a couple more games.

Guru
09-17-2007, 05:44 PM
I think the BS comments are all highlighted. Blaming the offenses problems on Huard is BS. No he isn't Manning so take him out?? If that is not BS then I don't know what is. Its Huards fault that he isn't going downfield all game?? We can experiment all season long and well into next year but I am tired of armchair QBs who know more than anyone else and know exactly how to fix the offense. If everyone is so smart, apply for the job.

Get over yourself. I am not blaming the offenses problems on Huard. I am blaming them on the coaching staff.

Canada
09-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Get over yourself. I am not blaming the offenses problems on Huard. I am blaming them on the coaching staff.

Get over myself?? :wtfdude:That is exactly what I was saying and you told me that my comment was BS??

timsatt1
09-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Well, in that case, I have to assume that you want to bring in some quarterback off the street. Croyle had his chance and blew it. And the other guy blew his chance with the Vikings. If you are in some big hurry to throw our season in the toilet, that's fine. I'm not. I will continue to support Huard for a couple more games.

hmmm, maybe you missed some of my posts. I said put brody in so we can make the playoffs, not so we can throw away our season.

putting brody in before its too late = chance at playoffs

keeping huard too long where we cannot recover from our bad record = no playoffs, season over before week 8 :(

Guru
09-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Get over myself?? :wtfdude:That is exactly what I was saying and you told me that my comment was BS??

Wait. So you were pointing out that you felt Chief31 had the BS comments by highlighting my statement of BS comments? I took it as you saying my statement of a BS comment was a BS comment.

chief31
09-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Wait. So you were pointing out that you felt Chief31 had the BS comments by highlighting my statement of BS comments? I took it as you saying my statement of a BS comment was a BS comment.

You are full of BS!!! His BS was About Your BS, Not my BS.

luv
09-17-2007, 07:20 PM
My eyes are brown, does that mean I'm full of BS?

luv
09-17-2007, 07:20 PM
hmmm, maybe you missed some of my posts. I said put brody in so we can make the playoffs, not so we can throw away our season.

putting brody in before its too late = chance at playoffs

keeping huard too long where we cannot recover from our bad record = no playoffs, season over before week 8 :(
We started off 0-2 last year. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

chief31
09-17-2007, 07:28 PM
My eyes are brown, does that mean I'm full of BS?

No. I don't think that is why you are.

luv
09-17-2007, 07:29 PM
No. I don't think that is why you are.
Do you love me anyway?

chief31
09-17-2007, 07:29 PM

Oops. Forgot the smilie.:D

DrunkHillbilly
09-17-2007, 08:18 PM

And then throw it in the toilet??????????

chief31
09-17-2007, 08:21 PM
And then throw it in the toilet??????????

Yup. That's right.

luv
09-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Do you love me anyway?
I guess not.... :(

chief31
09-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Do you love me anyway?

I guess not.... :(

Hey, I usually reserve that word for if you are playing tug-of-war with me, over the panties. I'm not giving away my whole game, just yet.

luv
09-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Hey, I usually reserve that word for if you are playing tug-of-war with me, over the panties. I'm not giving away my whole game, just yet.
Aight. I like a good challenge.

m0ef0e
09-17-2007, 08:48 PM
First off, I wasn't talking to you. If you had read the prior posts, you would have noticed that someone pointed out that Huard hasn't been playing like the second best quarterback in the league. Hence, the Manning remark.

Huard is playing the way that Herm Edwards has made clear that he wants his quarterback to play.

Eggsactly! If Huard wants to have a realistic shot at winning games and winning some people over in support of him having the starting job, he should start changing the play more at the line and start gunning when and where he sees any openings. He needs to take what he can get on the field, when he can get it. To do this may require some disregard for the flawed playbook of Herm Petersolari.

chief31
09-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Eggsactly! If Huard wants to have a realistic shot at winning games and winning some people over in support of him having the starting job, he should start changing the play more at the line and start gunning when and where he sees any openings. He needs to take what he can get on the field, when he can get it. To do this may require some disregard for the flawed playbook of Herm Petersolari.

DING, DING, DING, DING!!!!!!

We have a winner!!!!

Good point, mOefOe. Rep added.

luv
09-17-2007, 08:52 PM

We have a winner!!!!

Agreed. No need to be timid. Make some plays happen!

Guru
09-17-2007, 10:07 PM
This whole thread is BS. Everyone is quoting the wrong person now.

luv
09-17-2007, 10:47 PM
This whole thread is BS. Everyone is quoting the wrong person now.
I noticed that. Weird.

rbedgood
09-17-2007, 11:38 PM

Just to be the Devil's advocate...did LJ earn the job, or inherit it?!?

LJ hasn't looked like last year either...is he on the hot seat too?!?

m0ef0e
09-17-2007, 11:39 PM
LJ hasn't looked like last year either...is he on the hot seat too?!?

Nah, CP would lose a horn for wasting that much money.

rbedgood
09-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Nah, CP would lose a horn for wasting that much money.

I was being facetious...I wasn't actually suggesting LJ should be on the hot seat, more suggesting that a tough game in Chicago isn't a fair assesment of Huard's abilities, and I think Houston has showed that week 1 was more their success than KC's failure.

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 11:43 PM

We have a winner!!!!

I love this, you quote yourself and then announce to everyone that we have a winner!

:lol::lol::lol:

m0ef0e
09-17-2007, 11:44 PM
I was being facetious...I wasn't actually suggesting LJ should be on the hot seat, more suggesting that a tough game in Chicago isn't a fair assesment of Huard's abilities, and I think Houston has showed that week 1 was more their success than KC's failure.

Good point. I was just gettin another CP slam in, btw. :yahoo:

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Good point. I was just gettin another CP slam in, btw. :yahoo:

We need all those we can get. :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
09-18-2007, 07:02 PM
I love this, you quote yourself and then announce to everyone that we have a winner!

:lol::lol::lol:

Are you talking to me?

Guru
09-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Are you talking to me?

He is confused as usual. Somebody did screw up the quoting process though. For a while there, all the wrong quotes were coming up because somebody double quoted.

Guru
09-18-2007, 07:18 PM
There, all the messed up quotes are now fixed.

chief31
09-18-2007, 07:18 PM
He is confused as usual. Somebody did screw up the quoting process though. For a while there, all the wrong quotes were coming up because somebody double quoted.

I saw that. I think I did something wrong, which started the whole mess. Though it appears to have been cleaned-up, now.

luv
09-18-2007, 07:33 PM
I saw that. I think I did something wrong, which started the whole mess. Though it appears to have been cleaned-up, now.
Of course it's your fault.

rbedgood
09-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Of course it's your fault.

Bitter, bitter...:sign0015:

Chiefster
09-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Are you talking to me?

Yes I was talking to you.

No I wasn't.

luv
09-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Bitter, bitter...:sign0015:
You seem to be confused. I declared war on a particular mod. No way would I declare war on one of the few people in the worl that actually hits on me...lol. I may argue with him, but I'm just being feisty. :D

rbedgood
09-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I am confused...but that might be because you've left the details of the war out of the public forum, where diplomatic individuals might be able to help...(themselves to an entertaining brawl)

luv
09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
I am confused...but that might be because you've left the details of the war out of the public forum, where diplomatic individuals might be able to help...(themselves to an entertaining brawl)
I'm good for now. He hasn't changed my sig since last night. Of course, it may just be because he hasn't noticed it.

stlchief
09-18-2007, 11:03 PM
You're out of order. You're out of order. You're out of order. This whole thread is out of order.

Good god. I read it from page one to page eleven. For awhile there I was really nervous I was going to read 11 pages of "i'm a gay red-neck" or whatever the noob was saying....

Just one point relating back to the original thread: Croyle looked great going against a prevent defense. His passes were good, but I didn't see the blitz that Huard faced when he put up 17 points (and I'm counting the TD he threw since the penalty really had nothing to do with the play). I wish Bennett would have held on to the ball because he was inside the 20, that prevent would have gone back to smash defense and we could have really learned something about Croyle....

For the record, if you don't want to say Huard earned the starting spot last year, you can say Croyle shi&&ed it away in the pre-season (it was his, he was given it on a platter, and he couldn't do decent enough to keep it).

Now for a thread hijack (and I apologize if I missed it, I still have 79 more threads to catch up on): Why the hell was that a smart play by Hester? He fielded the ball in bounds. He placed his foot down out of bounds after catching it. There is nothing about momentum carrying you out of bounds on the catch. The player must be OUT OF BOUNDS when he touches the ball for the ball to be out of bounds. Was this not a totally blown call?

luv
09-18-2007, 11:11 PM
You're out of order. You're out of order. You're out of order. This whole thread is out of order.

Good god. I read it from page one to page eleven. For awhile there I was really nervous I was going to read 11 pages of "i'm a gay red-neck" or whatever the noob was saying....

Just one point relating back to the original thread: Croyle looked great going against a prevent defense. His passes were good, but I didn't see the blitz that Huard faced when he put up 17 points (and I'm counting the TD he threw since the penalty really had nothing to do with the play). I wish Bennett would have held on to the ball because he was inside the 20, that prevent would have gone back to smash defense and we could have really learned something about Croyle....

For the record, if you don't want to say Huard earned the starting spot last year, you can say Croyle shi&&ed it away in the pre-season (it was his, he was given it on a platter, and he couldn't do decent enough to keep it).

Now for a thread hijack (and I apologize if I missed it, I still have 79 more threads to catch up on): Why the hell was that a smart play by Hester? He fielded the ball in bounds. He placed his foot down out of bounds after catching it. There is nothing about momentum carrying you out of bounds on the catch. The player must be OUT OF BOUNDS when he touches the ball for the ball to be out of bounds. Was this not a totally blown call?
Where you been?

Chiefster
09-18-2007, 11:18 PM

I didn't see the play, so I've just been taking the word of those who did when they said that only one foot came down in bounds.

stlchief
09-18-2007, 11:27 PM
He did have one foot in bounds. Then caught the ball. Then the second foot came down out of bounds. It was close, but obvious. I thought for him to be "out of bounds", he had to be standing out of bounds when the ball touched him. To catch it and then put a body part out of bounds seems wrong. very, very, wrong.

rbedgood
09-19-2007, 12:13 AM
STL,

My understanding of the rule is that if both feet didn't come down in play it would be deemed "out of bounds" much like a receiver on a pass. However I can see your point...I think it is definitely a foggy area in the rules. In reading and re-reading the rules that myself and a previous poster copied from the NFL rule book I can't get a clear definition for this play.

stlchief
09-19-2007, 02:53 AM
Thanks! I still think it was a bad call. It may have been funny, had it been in a different game, to hear the announcers 180 in about 5 seconds from "what a bad play" to "what a great play by Hester". You could almost hear their earpieces screaming "no - its a good play". Idiots.

However, as it were, it was the Chiefs and there was very little humor in the afternoon....

Guru
09-19-2007, 03:06 AM
Hester obviously knew the rule as he slammed that foot down out of bounds on purpose. When he did it, I immediately thought "somethings not right about that" then saw the flag come out.

Chiefster
09-19-2007, 05:23 AM
Hester obviously knew the rule as he slammed that foot down out of bounds on purpose. When he did it, I immediately thought "somethings not right about that" then saw the flag come out.

I wondered about that.

Canada
09-19-2007, 11:47 AM

I thought he looked pissed off about making a dumb mistake stepping out on the 3. JMHO :bananen_smilies046:

Coach
09-19-2007, 10:31 PM
If Croyle would have started the season like this, we would have been really screwed. And the Huard fans would have been screaming from the rooftops. But instead, Croyle will most likely get a chance to get on the field and take over the reigns. For good or bad. At least we know what we had with Huard.

I say give Huard another game to show improvement. Otherwise, Croyle will be manning the ship the rest of the season.

hermhater
09-19-2007, 10:34 PM
If Croyle would have started the season like this, we would have been really screwed. And the Huard fans would have been screaming from the rooftops. But instead, Croyle will most likely get a chance to get on the field and take over the reigns. For good or bad. At least we know what we had with Huard.

I say give Huard another game to show improvement. Otherwise, Croyle will be manning the ship the rest of the season.

I agree. It sucks to second guess the quarterbacks but with the history of poor decisions the coaches have made, it has to be done.

Being a true fan means debating others points of view.

(I personally am ready to see what Brody has got so we can get a feel for the future.)

Chiefster
09-19-2007, 11:13 PM
I agree. It sucks to second guess the quarterbacks but with the history of poor decisions the coaches have made, it has to be done.

Being a true fan means debating others points of view.

(I personally am ready to see what Brody has got so we can get a feel for the future.)
Same here; I just wish we would have seen him step into that role in pre-season.

rbedgood
09-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Same here; I just wish we would have seen him step into that role in pre-season.

He got dropped into the role, but showed that at least as of now he isn't ready for it. A number of people wisely pointed out that the drive he led at the end of the Chicago game still really showed nothing in comparison to what Huard did, as they faced completely different defensive schemes and had different types of plays called when they were on the field.

Obviously Huard's future is much shorter in the NFL than Croyle's but I'm not convinced either one is a viable long-term solution as a franchise starter in this league.

Chiefster
09-19-2007, 11:26 PM
He got dropped into the role, but showed that at least as of now he isn't ready for it. A number of people wisely pointed out that the drive he led at the end of the Chicago game still really showed nothing in comparison to what Huard did, as they faced completely different defensive schemes and had different types of plays called when they were on the field.

Obviously Huard's future is much shorter in the NFL than Croyle's but I'm not convinced either one is a viable long-term solution as a franchise starter in this league.

Well Huard definitely simply because of the number of years in the league, and Croyle has not yet proven that he can do it.
Good post!

hermhater
09-19-2007, 11:27 PM

It takes at least 6 full-time real season games to evaluate a new to the nfl quarterbacks performance.

Give him the chance so I can tell whether he is gonna be the future rather than on relying on HERM's f@rking word for it.

Chiefster
09-19-2007, 11:34 PM
It takes at least 6 full-time real season games to evaluate a new to the nfl quarterbacks performance.

Give him the chance so I can tell whether he is gonna be the future rather than on relying on HERM's f@rking word for it.

I wasn't basing it on Herm's opinion; just on the limited amount of play I have seen from him; agreed, however, that it will take much more playing time then he's been given to actually evaluate whether or not he can be our QBOTF.

rbedgood
09-19-2007, 11:38 PM
I think he'll get another chance, but he clearly showed he hasn't developed enough to play successfully in the NFL on a consistent basis. The play calling gave him every chance to succeed in preseason when he often wasn't facing 1st team defenses, yet he still struggled mightily.

Croyle will get another chance, when will likely depend on the team's ability to turn this season around. If they can go on a run with Huard, Croyle will likely have to wait until next season...if Huard or the team struggles then Croyle likely gets another shot this season.

Chiefster
09-19-2007, 11:41 PM
I think he'll get another chance, but he clearly showed he hasn't developed enough to play successfully in the NFL on a consistent basis. The play calling gave him every chance to succeed in preseason when he often wasn't facing 1st team defenses, yet he still struggled mightily.

Croyle will get another chance, when will likely depend on the team's ability to turn this season around. If they can go on a run with Huard, Croyle will likely have to wait until next season...if Huard or the team struggles then Croyle likely gets another shot this season.

Eggsactly!

hermhater
09-19-2007, 11:43 PM

I agree with everything you're saying but I'm tired of waiting.

I want to know if the future is NOW, and if not get someone else.

We already released the best quarterback from preseason.

Chiefster
09-19-2007, 11:44 PM
I agree with everything you're saying but I'm tired of waiting.

I want to know if the future is NOW, and if not get someone else.

We already released the best quarterback from preseason.

Patience is a virtue.

Sincerely,
Carl Peterson

hermhater
09-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Patience is a virtue.

Sincerely,
Carl Peterson

I've believed for about 10 years now that Carl signs his letters

F@rk you,
The Devil

Chiefster
09-19-2007, 11:51 PM
I've believed for about 10 years now that Carl signs his letters

F@rk you,
The Devil

It was an old memo.

stlchief
09-20-2007, 12:32 AM
6 games needed to evaluate: let's wait awhile then. Both of the Vikings safeties didn't practice today. Their offense had 4 turn-overs last week. Jared Allen is back. At Arrowhead.

This week is a gimmie (as long as we have decent QB play).

Once the play-offs are out of reach, then Croyle should get every game left.

Huard is not a long term QB solution. He was the best chance we had at the play-offs THIS YEAR.

Chiefster
09-20-2007, 12:34 AM
6 games needed to evaluate: let's wait awhile then. Both of the Vikings safeties didn't practice today. Their offense had 4 turn-overs last week. Jared Allen is back. At Arrowhead.

Huard is not a long term QB solution. He was the best chance we had at the play-offs THIS YEAR.

Good point! :sign0098:

m0ef0e
09-20-2007, 12:56 PM

Agreed. Good post. :sign0098:

swmochiefsfan
09-20-2007, 01:41 PM

Agreed with everything you say but those "gimmie" games seem to have gave us trouble in the past. You're right though, there is no reason why we shouldn't win this game.