PDA

View Full Version : Jason Whitlock GONE!!

Connie Jo
08-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Behind scenes rumor is he was asked to leave...fired, but this report says he's leaving to pursue other interests. :)

Columnist Jason Whitlock is leaving The Kansas City Star - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/16/2154473/jason-whitlock-is-leaving-the.html)

hometeam
08-17-2010, 02:01 AM
yay!

Three7s
08-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Gonna miss him, I enjoy a bit of pessimism in the morning!

stricken721
08-17-2010, 02:04 AM
Whoa.. that's crazy. But awesome! :bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
08-17-2010, 02:43 AM
Too bad I didn't major in journalism...I'd apply for his job, hahahaha!

stricken721
08-17-2010, 03:05 AM
Too bad I didn't major in journalism...I'd apply for his job, hahahaha!

I'd vote for ya! (If it was something we could vote on)

figcrostic
08-17-2010, 08:58 AM
:yahoo::punk::bananen_smilies046::D:toast2::lol:

Seek
08-17-2010, 09:47 AM
I didn't even know he still wrote for the star. I had figured once Carl Peterson was gone, he would have nothing left to write about.

yashi
08-17-2010, 10:18 AM
I know a lot of people are going to like this because he's hated by most, but I don't think it's good for KC sports because he was the one nationally recognized figure in the KC media. It's possible that we'll get even less attention now.

KCINNYC
08-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know the story of why he was asked to leave the star? I have noticed he has not been writing for a while. A couple of months ago the Star gave him another column in the opinion section where he could write on other topics besides sports. I am wondering if a certain column ticked off the wrong people or not. Anyone know?

Drunker Hillbilly
08-17-2010, 11:54 AM
His health insurance was probably too expensive!!!!!!!!

Ryfo18
08-17-2010, 12:12 PM
I know a lot of people are going to like this because he's hated by most, but I don't think it's good for KC sports because he was the one nationally recognized figure in the KC media. It's possible that we'll get even less attention now.

I completely agree. While I don't always agree what he has to say about the Chiefs, Jason is a very well known and talented writer. That's just the thing, his job was to provide the conflicting opinion most fans don't agree with. Love him or hate him, people still read his stuff. I'll continue to read his stuff wherever he may go.

Seek
08-17-2010, 01:12 PM

I know many supports won't agree with this, but it does help sports in KC. The only thing it hurts is people buying papers from the star. Jason Whitlock stirred the pot in everyything he did even if he did not agree with it. He did just to get people to read his stuff. Most of the time, his articles and opinion was not positive about KC sport, rather he bashed on the teams, or people within the organization and did it nationally.

If you have a bad apple feeding negativety to others, eventually those people are going to believe it and become negative as well.

Todd Haley is a good example of this. Last year, he made enemies with the media but not sharing informaiton they wanted and every negative thing about Haley was written, and there are fans hating on the guy and wanting him fired half way throught he season without giving him a chance.

I can't count how many times I truly Thought Whitlock thought he was powerful enough to actually demand a sports franchise to higher or fire a person and truly thought if he wrote about it enough it would happen because the fans would force it.

His sources were almost always second hand from other reporters.

Who really cares about the National Media from the eyes of a sour columnist... let the National media report on the Chiefs from their own hard work and progress. When the national media is talking about the Chiefs, it will be because they are that good.

chiefnut
08-17-2010, 01:37 PM
i never liked the way he wrote about the CHIEFS, blamed everything on CP from 9-11 to the gulf oil spill, but i started to hate him when he was wearing a colts jersey before the CHIEFS/colts halloween game. he is more often wrong on his take on things but has never once admitted it. GOOD RIDDENS!!!!!!

honda522
08-17-2010, 02:13 PM
I won't miss him or won't care. Never read his articles after reading 2 or 3 of them...even when we had a perfectly played game, he was still negative.

SAPHOJUNKIE
08-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Another brilliant personnel move by Scott Pioli.

Pro_Angler
08-17-2010, 04:19 PM
yea dont think for a second that Pioli and crew didnt have something to do with it, trying to rebuild the national impression on the chiefs and KC sports in general..Good ridens..

chief31
08-17-2010, 06:53 PM
My first instinct is to think that his salary was too high to maintian and the paper needed to make some cuts in salary somewhere.

Most people know that the newspaper industry is dying due to the internet and 24 hour news channels on television.

But then, there could easily be something more significant behind it too.

Who knows?:D

Chiefster
08-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Behind scenes rumor is he was asked to leave...fired, but this report says he's leaving to pursue other interests. :)

Columnist Jason Whitlock is leaving The Kansas City Star - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/08/16/2154473/jason-whitlock-is-leaving-the.html)

Yup, code for ousted.

Chiefster
08-17-2010, 07:14 PM

:lol:

Connie Jo
08-17-2010, 09:17 PM

What about Len Dawson? He does some journalistic reporting on a national level, not just sports anchor KMBC 9 in Kansas City. I would think Len Dawson is more prominent than Whitlock among the sports journalists world.

His health insurance was probably too expensive!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Very possible there's much truth in that statement! :)

Big Daddy Tek
08-20-2010, 01:40 AM
It didn't take long for Scott Pioli, The Godfather, to put an end to Whitlock's career in KC.

Chiefster
08-20-2010, 09:31 AM
He made "him an offer he can't refuse".

KCINNYC
08-20-2010, 12:13 PM
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/brilliant.jpg

Ryfo18
08-20-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm pretty sure he didn't get fired or was run out by Pioli. The man is getting paid for a big gig at Fox Sports.

Jason Whitlock Gets Big Contract At FOX - Arrowhead Pride (http://sbnation.com/e/1397500)

okikcfan
08-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Well if he could take Bill ( Donkey Lover) Williamson with him I would be Happy!

Connie Jo
08-22-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty sure he didn't get fired or was run out by Pioli. The man is getting paid for a big gig at Fox Sports.

Jason Whitlock Gets Big Contract At FOX - Arrowhead Pride (http://sbnation.com/e/1397500)

Well, I don't want to see any one jobless, so am glad he has employment elsewhere. However, one would have to know the behind the scenes timeline & negotiations to know for sure 'IF' the Star asked him to resign or not. Such as Clark Hunt stated publicly that he & CP had discussed his submitting his resignation for a long time, before it acutally took place.

The Star could've let him know quite a while back he needed to seek employment elsewhere pending his 'official' resignation. The commentary at AP stated Whitlock was considered a 'free agent' when Fox negotiated his contract. Wouldn't his being a 'free agent' indicate he was no longer under contract with the Star when Fox hired him?

The dude has connections, I'll give him that, haha.

KristofLaw
08-31-2010, 09:31 PM
My apologies on a late congratulations, I just heard the good news.... :bananen_smilies046: