PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Palko

honda522
08-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Who wants to him run with the first team?

This guy has an arm, and he knows how to move.

I would like to see him and Cassel square off...Cassel looked good tonight still.

stricken721
08-21-2010, 11:51 PM
This dude fumbles the ball in camp like it's greased. He under and over throws passes, his accuracy is off. I'd rather have half of Cassel with a broken leg than have Palko be our starter.

slc chief
08-21-2010, 11:58 PM
did you watch or listen to the game. not to be rude but he sucked it up. 2 picks and a passer rating of 34% he overthrew alot of passes as well

stricken721
08-22-2010, 12:06 AM
did you watch or listen to the game. not to be rude but he sucked it up. 2 picks and a passer rating of 34% he overthrew alot of passes as well

Exactly, He's not good. Just because he has a great arm and can move around doesn't make you a good QB. Anybody remember David Carr?

fairladyZ
08-22-2010, 12:22 AM
i hope this is not a serious post... I've seen 12 yr olds with stronger arms and that could play better than Palko

Three7s
08-22-2010, 02:03 AM

I would like to see him and Cassel square off...Cassel looked good tonight still.
You aren't serious.......you CAN'T be serious. You aren't serious, right? Because Palko is just that bad. If I have to go into a detailed explanation.......

No arm strength, happy feet, incredibly inaccurate. Anything else that needs to be gone over?

rodu
08-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Palko's future is in the CFL. He's only here because we don't have a back up. Don't get hurt Cassel

kcnation
08-22-2010, 09:35 AM
not that i care for palko,which i don't but,cassel isn't all that good either.in new england he had the right people around him and the proper coaching(belichick)unlike here in kc

bwilliams
08-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Palko's a decent 3QB. He's probably a good guy to have in camp. But if you're expecting him to be a starter, or hell, a capable backup, you're delusional.

matthewschiefs
08-22-2010, 10:35 AM

well one of the picks was not his fault it bounced off the reciver and got picked.

but other then that I think that Cassell is a much better qb and that Palko is a backup nothing more.

LargoChief
08-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Just watched the replay...Palko looked awesome..absolutely awesome!!

stricken721
08-22-2010, 02:34 PM
:funnypost:

stricken721
08-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Palko's future is in the CFL. He's only here because we don't have a back up. Don't get hurt Cassel

He's already tried that.. and the UFL. He was a backup in the CFL and in the UFL he was cut in the preseason. If you can't make it past the preseason as a back up in two inferior leagues.. it says something about your ability.

Pro_Angler
08-22-2010, 03:30 PM
should have gotten rid of both of them and brought in a vetran, oh and kept thiggy

prough91
08-22-2010, 03:32 PM
should have gotten rid of both of them and brought in a vetran, oh and kept thiggy

True dat.

slc chief
08-22-2010, 04:14 PM
this has to be a joke thread

Seek
08-22-2010, 07:09 PM
not that i care for palko,which i don't but,cassel isn't all that good either.in new england he had the right people around him and the proper coaching(belichick)unlike here in kc

Cassel looked very sharp this game

rodu
08-22-2010, 07:11 PM
He's already tried that.. and the UFL. He was a backup in the CFL and in the UFL he was cut in the preseason. If you can't make it past the preseason as a back up in two inferior leagues.. it says something about your ability.

He was only on a teams practice roster for Oct/Nov in the CFL. That's the end of the season up here, so he barely got a cup of coffee. He was only released so he could sign with the Steelers.

He'll be back up here sooner or later. But then again i said the same about Croyle.

stricken721
08-22-2010, 09:05 PM
He was only on a teams practice roster for Oct/Nov in the CFL. That's the end of the season up here, so he barely got a cup of coffee. He was only released so he could sign with the Steelers.

He'll be back up here sooner or later. But then again i said the same about Croyle.

Yeah after I typed that post I went back and looked at that and noticed that he was signed by the Steelers when he was in the CFL. But the question I have then are the players in the CFL better than the UFL? I don't watch enough of either to know.. I know that a lot of them in the UFL are NFL rejects.. so if he can only make it on their practice squads.. his future isn't really shining in any league.

rodu
08-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah after I typed that post I went back and looked at that and noticed that he was signed by the Steelers when he was in the CFL. But the question I have then are the players in the CFL better than the UFL? I don't watch enough of either to know.. I know that a lot of them in the UFL are NFL rejects.. so if he can only make it on their practice squads.. his future isn't really shining in any league.

I know next to nothing about the UFL. There are a lot of ex NFL'ers in the CFL, even ex Chiefs wannabes like Casey Printers, Geroy Simon, Willie Pile, Stephen Williams. Snoop Minnis got signed to a team, but got beat out for a roster spot way back in the day

figcrostic
08-23-2010, 11:18 PM

Yes Cassel needs some competition for sure. Brokie isn't will never compete unless it's the worlds most brittle man competition.

Canada
08-24-2010, 10:21 AM
I know next to nothing about the UFL. There are a lot of ex NFL'ers in the CFL, even ex Chiefs wannabes like Casey Printers, Geroy Simon, Willie Pile, Stephen Williams. Snoop Minnis got signed to a team, but got beat out for a roster spot way back in the day

We got Mark Boerigter (sp?) from the Stampeders a few years ago too.

rodu
08-24-2010, 02:42 PM
We got Mark Boerigter (sp?) from the Stampeders a few years ago too.

Right, how did I forget him, i thought he was going to be a good one, until he blew out his knee.

Vaughn Booker, Tamarick Vanover and Benny Thompson started out up here too

Hayvern
08-24-2010, 03:02 PM
I do not understand this team's aversion to having veterans on the team, Jeff Garcia is available and I heard them announce at the game that Trent Green is considering a contract offer from Chicago.

Both of these guys may be washed up, but there is no substitute for that kind of experience being on your sideline. Let's get a veteran in here and move Brokie to third string.

bwilliams
08-24-2010, 04:25 PM
I do not understand this team's aversion to having veterans on the team, Jeff Garcia is available and I heard them announce at the game that Trent Green is considering a contract offer from Chicago.

Both of these guys may be washed up, but there is no substitute for that kind of experience being on your sideline. Let's get a veteran in here and move Brokie to third string.

If I were a cynical man, I'd say that they're doing everything in their power to avoid a QB controversy. Even if it means having pathetic backups in Palko and Croyle, they'd rather do that than have fans clamoring for Garcia, Green, or another vet.

Pro_Angler
08-24-2010, 10:17 PM
I think Palko make some very nice plays this last game, the tipped INT was in no way his fault, the last one was basically a hail mary. My numer one beef with Palko is he has no touch on the ball past 20-25yds.
I thought the TD toss from Cassel was a frikin bullet and showed he had strength.

tornadospotter
08-24-2010, 10:35 PM
My problem with Cassel, last season he threw to many low passes, had to many knock downs. That can be blamed on the O-line, or poor passing. That is the stat, that I want major improvement on. Get the pass over the rush, and make it catch able, a lot of the drops we had last season, were passes not on target, Receivers were reaching to make the catch, forward or backwards.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-26-2010, 12:31 PM
So does Palko make the team? I say he does.

Seek
08-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Yes, unless there is a different QB that has caught the Chiefs eye that gets cut. I am not sure who that may be.

chief31
08-26-2010, 09:59 PM
I mentioned Palko after the first game.

Not that he looked great. Just that he looked very poised on the field.

And, in the second game, he actually did look pretty good in throwing the ball. Off target at times, but pretty good overall.

rodu
08-26-2010, 10:00 PM
So does Palko make the team? I say he does.

since we only carry 3 qb's (stull doesn't count) he'll be on the team by default