PDA

View Full Version : The Tampa Bay Game is as good

figcrostic
08-23-2010, 03:45 PM
As Cassel will get. He honestly looked like a average NFL quaterback, but that's actually a compliment because it's a hard job. He threw some easy completions that looked nice and fluid, he didn't throw any interceptions, and while he didn't throw any deep balls he didn't need to. Matt Cassel is a C level quaterback and theres nothing wrong with that if you have an A plus line which we don't have but it's getting better. Everyone thinks I hate Matt Cassel. I don't I hate Matt he seems like a nice guy, but I do hate that we picked up him up in the situation we did. But I will give the man his dues he looked like an NFL QB against Tampa maybe. Tampa isn't that good but they are still beat 3 teams last year. I think the Matt Cassel we saw on saturday is the best he can get. Can we win with Matt? Yes. Can Matt win games for us? Most likely no. If we keep Matt which I think we will I hope we work on our line, because it was pretty sad. And can I get a :bananen_smilies046:for Jamaal, Mccluster, and Arenas as a returner, DB not so much.

Ryfo18
08-23-2010, 04:10 PM
:sign0023:

stricken721
08-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Well.. I just wasted about 30 seconds of my day. :blows:

figcrostic
08-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Well.. I just wasted about 30 seconds of my day. :blows:

Thanks for your insight

stricken721
08-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks for your insight

No problem. :bananen_smilies046: A lot of your post I just have a hard time following. Especially how you say he played better, but then at the end you once again say he will not win us games. :sign0153:

figcrostic
08-23-2010, 04:52 PM
No problem. :bananen_smilies046: A lot of your post I just have a hard time following. Especially how you say he played better, but then at the end you once again say he will not win us games. :sign0153:

What I meant by that and it's not letting me edit is: Matt Cassel is not going to win the game with his arm he's not Tom Brady. To me Kyle Orton and Cassel are very similar QB's.

stricken721
08-23-2010, 05:04 PM
What I meant by that and it's not letting me edit is: Matt Cassel is not going to win the game with his arm he's not Tom Brady. To me Kyle Orton and Cassel are very similar QB's.

That's still saying he isn't going to win us games. My personal feeling is that he will win us games.. I don't know I guess I just have more faith in the players for this team and the coaches that they will improve, and be better than "average". :beat_DeadHorse:

stricken721
08-23-2010, 05:12 PM
At this moment in time Cassel isn't Brady, he isn't Manning, he may never be them. But I believe enough in my quarterback to take the reins of this team and lead them onto the field. He showed leadership on the field this past week, that's what is asked to do as a quarterback. If those players want to play for him, the coaches want to coach him, the fans believe in him. He WILL be better.

figcrostic
08-23-2010, 05:12 PM
That's still saying he isn't going to win us games. My personal feeling is that he will win us games.. I don't know I guess I just have more faith in the players for this team and the coaches that they will improve, and be better than "average". :beat_DeadHorse:

I don't think he's gonna win us games for instance I think Jamaal Charles and an improved line was what won us the last 3 games we won for sure. I just don't think he's going to lose games for us. I don't think he's gonna throw a ton of interceptions, but I also don't think he's gonna throw the ball 55+ yards and hit the WR in spot where he can catch the ball and the DB can't get to it.

stricken721
08-23-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't think he's gonna win us games for instance I think Jamaal Charles and an improved line was what won us the last 3 games we won for sure. I just don't think he's going to lose games for us. I don't think he's gonna throw a ton of interceptions, but I also don't think he's gonna throw the ball 55+ yards and hit the WR in spot where he can catch the ball and the DB can't get to it.

So in your opinion.. If he's not going to win us games and he's not going to lose us games...what is it exactly that he's doing?

Ryfo18
08-23-2010, 05:31 PM
So in your opinion.. If he's not going to win us games and he's not going to lose us games...what is it exactly that he's doing?

Duh...he's obviously going to tie games if he's not going to win or lose them. Did you forget there are ties in football? :D

matthewschiefs
08-23-2010, 05:58 PM
for the 2nd preseason game Cassell looked about as good as it is going to look for any qb. I think he will be a lot better then average this season. But that's just what I think will happen. I liked what I have seen from him so far.

bbacker51
08-23-2010, 06:06 PM
what is this.........soccer?:D

Drunker Hillbilly
08-23-2010, 06:08 PM
As Cassel will get. He honestly looked like a average NFL quaterback, but that's actually a compliment because it's a hard job. He threw some easy completions that looked nice and fluid, he didn't throw any interceptions, and while he didn't throw any deep balls he didn't need to. Matt Cassel is a C level quaterback and theres nothing wrong with that if you have an A plus line which we don't have but it's getting better. Everyone thinks I hate Matt Cassel. I don't I hate Matt he seems like a nice guy, but I do hate that we picked up him up in the situation we did. But I will give the man his dues he looked like an NFL QB against Tampa maybe. Tampa isn't that good but they are still beat 3 teams last year. I think the Matt Cassel we saw on saturday is the best he can get. Can we win with Matt? Yes. Can Matt win games for us? Most likely no. If we keep Matt which I think we will I hope we work on our line, because it was pretty sad. And can I get a :bananen_smilies046:for Jamaal, Mccluster, and Arenas as a returner, DB not so much.

The best he can get huh? Was he better or worse with N.E.?

stricken721
08-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Duh...he's obviously going to tie games if he's not going to win or lose them. Did you forget there are ties in football? :D

Ahh that's right!! Well as long he's not causing us to lose! :lol:

bwilliams
08-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Ahh that's right!! Well as long he's not causing us to lose! :lol:

0-0-16 might just be good enough to win the division in the AFC West.

Three7s
08-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Brady didn't exactly dominate teams when they were on their super bowl runs. He didn't start doing that until he got Randy Moss.

Pro_Angler
08-23-2010, 06:56 PM
we should have gotten bowldin atleast make an attempt. I still havent seen much from DBowe. maybe he will be highlighted at the home opener.

figcrostic
08-23-2010, 06:56 PM

Be a time manager ala Damon Huard with slightly less accuracy

Connie Jo
08-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Well, personally I believe Matt Cassel is capable of winning games for us, and throwing the ball deep & accurately when & if necessary. Time will tell. :)

figcrostic
08-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Don't act stupid just because you don't agree with me. QB's like Peyton Manning, Montana, The always hated John Elway carry their team I don't ever see Matt doing that he's best at not taking big risk, and throwing the ball away when there are no gimmes. Our RB's are going to win the games for us.

figcrostic
08-23-2010, 07:01 PM
The best he can get huh? Was he better or worse with N.E.?

The same he just played on a team that went 18-1 the year before.

stricken721
08-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Be a time manager ala Damon Huard with slightly less accuracy

That's ok. But Damon Huard lost us and won us games, but you said that Cassel won't win us games, and he won't lose us games, so what will he do?

Pro_Angler
08-23-2010, 07:08 PM
As much as I hate to say it..CAssel wont lose us games as much as our Oline will with protection. We will never know what he can do unless he has time to make any kinds of descisions. I can still see this year that even when he has time he thinks he doesnt and makes bad desicions. Ive seen him take off like hes beeing chased several times and he wasnt. He is very skittish.

figcrostic
08-23-2010, 07:11 PM
That's ok. But Damon Huard lost us and won us games, but you said that Cassel won't win us games, and he won't lose us games, so what will he do?

I love people act stupid when they don't agree with you. Tom Brady won his first superbowl with a not very good team. Can Matt win a game by throwing a TD? Yes but what I'm saying is, You could take Matt and replace with an average NFL QB and they would do the exact same thing. You put about anyone on the 2001 Patriots and they are not even getting to the playoffs. Therefore he won games for the team. He made that team winners.

figcrostic
08-23-2010, 07:15 PM
As much as I hate to say it..CAssel wont lose us games as much as our Oline will with protection. We will never know what he can do unless he has time to make any kinds of descisions. I can still see this year that even when he has time he thinks he doesnt and makes bad desicions. Ive seen him take off like hes beeing chased several times and he wasnt. He is very skittish.

That's what I'm worried about our line looked horrible saturday, but I'm glad he got the ball out quicker then he usually does. Our defense did look better but let's see them against strong offense before I make a decision.

Ryfo18
08-23-2010, 07:16 PM
we should have gotten bowldin atleast make an attempt. I still havent seen much from DBowe. maybe he will be highlighted at the home opener.

We did make an attempt to get Boldin.

stricken721
08-23-2010, 07:17 PM
I love people act stupid when they don't agree with you. Tom Brady won his first superbowl with a not very good team. Can Matt win a game by throwing a TD? Yes but what I'm saying is, You could take Matt and replace with an average NFL QB and they would do the exact same thing. You put about anyone on the 2001 Patriots and they are not even getting to the playoffs. Therefore he won games for the team. He made that team winners.

:lol: Nobody is acting stupid, or being stupid so you don't need to resort to name calling. I was simply asking you a question based on what you said, you didn't answer it, so I asked again.

Ryfo18
08-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Don't act stupid just because you don't agree with me. QB's like Peyton Manning, Montana, The always hated John Elway carry their team I don't ever see Matt doing that he's best at not taking big risk, and throwing the ball away when there are no gimmes. Our RB's are going to win the games for us.

Fine you win. You're absolutely right. Our defense, special teams and passing offense will have nothing to do with winning.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Really? Played the same with N.E. as he played here last year huh? WOW!!!! The point is that if the players around him play better, he is capable of playing MUCH better than he has for us.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Boldin and Haley do not mix well. Having that said, I think there were talks between us and Bodlin's camp

Coach
08-23-2010, 08:35 PM
I have a hard time believing that Charlie Weis' game plan this year is going to be an "Air it out" game plan. We have 2 1,000 rushers from last season and added McCluster who could wreak some havoc as well. This will be a ball control offense featuring the run unless we get behind and are forced ro pass the ball. Even then our rb's can catch the ball. I expect this team to grind out yardage through short passes and running plays. Cassell is very capable of running that kind of offense.
If we had Matt Stafford/Calvin Johnson or Schaub/Andre Johnson or Brady/Moss or Manning/Wayne then Weis would run something different.
My point is trust your coordinators. There is a reason Weis was successful as a coordinator. You coach to the strength of your team. We should have one of the best rushing attacks in football this year. Nothing helps a QB more than a good running game.
CHIEFS WILL!!!

Drunker Hillbilly
08-23-2010, 08:51 PM
I have a hard time believing that Charlie Weis' game plan this year is going to be an "Air it out" game plan. We have 2 1,000 rushers from last season and added McCluster who could wreak some havoc as well. This will be a ball control offense featuring the run unless we get behind and are forced ro pass the ball. Even then our rb's can catch the ball. I expect this team to grind out yardage through short passes and running plays. Cassell is very capable of running that kind of offense.
If we had Matt Stafford/Calvin Johnson or Schaub/Andre Johnson or Brady/Moss or Manning/Wayne then Weis would run something different.
My point is trust your coordinators. There is a reason Weis was successful as a coordinator. You coach to the strength of your team. We should have one of the best rushing attacks in football this year. Nothing helps a QB more than a good running game.
CHIEFS WILL!!!

I think it ALL comes down to the O Line

figcrostic
08-23-2010, 09:47 PM
CHIEFS WILL!!!

Absolutely we definetly a running team that's why we should have gotten Russel O'kung.

KCINNYC
08-23-2010, 10:14 PM

Bwilliams I am a really, really friendly person who loves most everybody I meet. I am lucky that most everybody loves me back. Part of the reason is I always look at the glass half full--Which is why I NEVER understand how you are always negative in your EVERY SINGLE LAST POST YOU POST. Take a deep breath and find someone to love. Start with the Chiefs.
Sheesh.

slc chief
08-23-2010, 10:56 PM
man i hope we get more than 2 quarters out of him j/k. honestly wait untill the regular season to say that is as good as he will get.point out what he does wrong or right during pre season but dont say he has already peaked and that is all we will get out of him. way to premature and the fact of the matter is matt has not played enough in the nfl to already have the verdict out. he had one good year in ne and one bad year in kc. that is his resume.and i do not want to hear that anybody could have one 11 games with that team because it is not true.that would be like saying anyone could have done what brady done when bledsoe got hurt.the guy showed talent with the patriots give him at least 6 games into this season before you throw him under the bus

figcrostic
08-23-2010, 11:15 PM
LOL so true

Chief Tyler
08-24-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm with you Fig. I don't think he's peaked yet, if you have the ethic, there's always going to be room for improvement until your body won't allow it. I've been down on him since last year too and I'm not one of the people who have the near delusional hope that he turns into a pro bowl staple. I think his job is going to be to not lose games, like Pennington and Orton, if he's good enough like Eli, Hasselbeck or Green. He's probably never going to be mentioned with the likes of Brady, Brees, Manning or Rivers. So long as we don't need him to fill that role I'll be perfectly happy, but right now we need a savior, so I'm not.

Three7s
08-24-2010, 12:42 AM
^Eli Manning? Really? Lump him in with Orton/Pennington/Cassel, since he's really not that impressive.

Chief Tyler
08-24-2010, 01:03 AM
^Eli Manning? Really? Lump him in with Orton/Pennington/Cassel, since he's really not that impressive.

Superbowls are impressive.

brish
08-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Eli Manning is probably a good example that it doesn't take an incredible QB to win a superbowl, "just" a good QB, on a good team.

I think we have a good QB.. :)

slc chief
08-24-2010, 07:59 AM
this post is funny what did you guys think he was going to do come in here last year and light it up.and become a pro bowl qb for us.with a very weak o- line no defense and take a 2-14 team to 10-6 the team has improved this year and this will be his third year starting. and he obviously was an upgrade from what we had.give him at least half of this year to put the jury out on him

Canada
08-24-2010, 10:14 AM

That same team went 10-6 the year after Cassel with Brady....so I guess Brady is an average QB too? Im so tired of hearing that same lame excuse.

marloweopatchiefs
08-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Matt cassel is a B qb right now and he will Win us some games. Please don't tell me you think croyle can do better again. He hasn't won a game in the nfl and he is hurt again.

hometeam
08-24-2010, 01:30 PM
None of our QBs would start for any team that has a 'good' QB on the roster.

Im not sure why cheifs nation always feels like it has to 'settle' with a mediocre QB.

When will it be our turn to have a brady, a manning, a favre, a brees, hell.. even a phillip rivers.

Great QBs win championships. Not alone, but they sure do improve your chances from next to nothing, to good.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 01:37 PM
None of our QBs would start for any team that has a 'good' QB on the roster.

Im not sure why cheifs nation always feels like it has to 'settle' with a mediocre QB.

When will it be our turn to have a brady, a manning, a favre, a brees, hell.. even a phillip rivers.

Great QBs win championships. Not alone, but they sure do improve your chances from next to nothing, to good.

Exactly and the sad thing is Cassel is getting the kind of money that some of those guys are making.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 01:40 PM
That same team went 10-6 the year after Cassel with Brady....so I guess Brady is an average QB too? Im so tired of hearing that same lame excuse.

Look at their stats Brady was still the better QB I don't wanna do the research right but there were other factors including Brady coming off a serious knee surgery.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Eli Manning is probably a good example that it doesn't take an incredible QB to win a superbowl, "just" a good QB, on a good team.

I think we have a good QB.. :)

Eli is a much better QB then Cassel

Canada
08-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Look at their stats Brady was still the better QB I don't wanna do the research right but there were other factors including Brady coming off a serious knee surgery.

Oh, so there are excuses for Brady, just not for Cassel. Just tired of hearing the same old argument that they went 16-0 the year before.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Matt cassel is a B qb right now and he will Win us some games. Please don't tell me you think croyle can do better again. He hasn't won a game in the nfl and he is hurt again.

Nope I don't think Croyle is gonna win anything he should be third string he's too brittle. Cassel should be a second stringer he looked good under a great team that he had been groomed as backup for many years.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Oh, so there are excuses for Brady, just not for Cassel. Just tired of hearing the same old argument that they went 16-0 the year before.

What are Cassel's excuses? He's an average QB playing on a bad team so he looks like a bad QB. I would say he's a great 2nd string guy but only an average starter. Maybe he will prove me wrong, I hope so.

Canada
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
What are Cassel's excuses? He's an average QB playing on a bad team so he looks like a bad QB. I would say he's a great 2nd string guy but only an average starter. Maybe he will prove me wrong, I hope so.

Thats your opinion. I like to wait until all the facts are in to make that kind of judgement.

If you want an excuse for Cassel...how about the firing of his OC a week before the season started and the implementation of a new offense.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Who should start for the Chiefs?

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Thats your opinion. I like to wait until all the facts are in to make that kind of judgement.

If you want an excuse for Cassel...how about the firing of his OC a week before the season started and the implementation of a new offense.

I suppose that's a valid excuse, your right we both will wait and see. I feel like if Cassel cannot be good this year after he has one of the best coordinators in the game a pretty decent WR core and an awesome running game then he should be traded or he should be making way less $$$. If he comes in and is killing it then I will be man enough to admit I was wrong. I hope you can do the same if he plays awful like he did last year.

hometeam
08-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Name the starting QB's in the league that are worse than Cassel.

I can only think of 4, and they could all prove to be better.

Thats Freeman, Leinart, Edwards, and Bradford.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Who should start for the Chiefs?

Our you saying on our current roster? Or who should we have gotten in the FA or draft? On our roster it would have to be Cassel even I wouldn't deny that. As far as the draft there were some really good QB's out there hell Colt Mccoy went in the third round.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Our you saying on our current roster? Or who should we have gotten in the FA or draft? On our roster it would have to be Cassel even I wouldn't deny that. As far as the draft there were some really good QB's out there hell Colt Mccoy went in the third round.
So are you saying that if we had drafted Colt McCoy he should be starting ahead of Cassel? What do you say about Canada's argument that Brady went 10-6 the year after Cassel went off?

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Name the starting QB's in the league that are worse than Cassel.

I can only think of 4, and they could all prove to be better.

Thats Freeman, Leinart, Edwards, and Bradford.

That's actually a great question I can't think of any not on your list and Bradford is a rookie so that doesn't count.

Chief Tyler
08-24-2010, 02:41 PM
That's actually a great question I can't think of any not on your list and Bradford is a rookie so that doesn't count.

Delhomme, and you could make a case for Cambell and Smith.

But still a valid point. Cassel shouldn't be paid like a franchise guy if he doesn't play like one.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 02:51 PM
So are you saying that if we had drafted Colt McCoy he should be starting ahead of Cassel? What do you say about Canada's argument that Brady went 10-6 the year after Cassel went off?

The patriots lost Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, and Richard Seymour. When Tom Brady started in 2007 the Patriots had the number one rated offense and when Cassel stepped in 2008 they dropped to five. Even on repaired knee in 2009 Brady had a higher completion rate by almost 3%, 800 more yards, 3 less interceptions, 7 more td's, and 31 less sacks. If you compare Cassel's numbers to Tom Brady 2007 when Brady was healthy. Brady had 5% higher completion rate, 1200 more yards, 29 more td's, 3 less interceptions, and 26 less sacks.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Delhomme, and you could make a case for Cambell and Smith.

But still a valid point. Cassel shouldn't be paid like a franchise guy if he doesn't play like one.

I think Jason Campbell is better then Cassel.

Three7s
08-24-2010, 03:20 PM
All starting QBs that are worse than Cassel.

Trent Edwards
Chad Henne
Mark Sanchez
Jake Delhomme
David Garrard
Vince Young
Matt Moore
Josh Freeman
Matt Leinart
Sam Bradford
Alex Smith

Yes, I included Bradford, I could care less if he's a rookie, he's a starter. I know people will argue about Vince Young, but he just doesn't impress me, like most running QBs.

matthewschiefs
08-24-2010, 03:30 PM
I think Jason Campbell is better then Cassel.

I like Campbell more then most but I think him and Cassel are at about the same level.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 03:31 PM
All starting QBs that are worse than Cassel.

Trent Edwards
Chad Henne
Mark Sanchez
Jake Delhomme
David Garrard
Vince Young
Matt Moore
Josh Freeman
Matt Leinart
Sam Bradford
Alex Smith

Yes, I included Bradford, I could care less if he's a rookie, he's a starter. I know people will argue about Vince Young, but he just doesn't impress me, like most running QBs.

David Garrard is debatable, Vince young is way better then Cassel, Josh Freeman is probably worse but he's a rookie like Bradford, Trent Edwards I think is better, Matt Moore isn't a starter yet, Mark Sachez has been in the NFL one year total but I will go ahead and say Cassel is better. I think a couple of the players on your list are better then Cassel but even if Cassel is better many of those guys are literally brand new to the NFL and you named 11 names so that would put Cassel at 12 out of 32 QB's basically you are saying he is lower then average.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 03:32 PM
I like Campbell more then most but I think him and Cassel are at about the same level.

I think Campbell has more upside better athlete and stronger arm.

Ryfo18
08-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Brady's stats during his Super Bowl winning years:

2001 - 63.9 comp %, 2843 yds, 6.9 YPA, 18 TD, 12 INT
2003 - 60.2 comp %, 3620 yds, 6.9 YPA, 23 TD, 12 INT
2004 - 60.8 comp %, 3692 yds, 7.8 YPA, 28 TD, 14 INT

Cassel at NE:
2008 - 63.4 comp %, 3693 yds, 7.2 YPA, 21 TD, 11 INT

I don't want to hear the argument that Cassel can't be as good as Brady anymore.

Three7s
08-24-2010, 03:39 PM
David Garrard is debatable, Vince young is way better then Cassel, Josh Freeman is probably worse but he's a rookie like Bradford, Trent Edwards I think is better, Matt Moore isn't a starter yet, Mark Sachez has been in the NFL one year total but I will go ahead and say Cassel is better. I think a couple of the players on your list are better then Cassel but even if Cassel is better many of those guys are literally brand new to the NFL and you named 11 names so that would put Cassel at 12 out of 32 QB's basically you are saying he is lower then average.
Why is Vince Young better? Because he can run around? Please. He's not accurate at all and makes bad decisions. When he took over last year, he didn't have to do much with CJ2k, he simply managed the game.

Trent Edwards might be better, but he's not consistent, that's for sure. I could've put in QBs like Orton and Palmer, but I think they're on the same level, so I didn't. And yes you're right, Cassel's job will be to manage the game, so why would he be any higher than middle of the pack? If he throws for 3500 yards, 20 TDs, keeps the INTs below 15, and gives a 60% comp rate, he'll have done his job with this running game.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Brady's stats during his Super Bowl winning years:

2001 - 63.9 comp %, 2843 yds, 6.9 YPA, 18 TD, 12 INT
2003 - 60.2 comp %, 3620 yds, 6.9 YPA, 23 TD, 12 INT
2004 - 60.8 comp %, 3692 yds, 7.8 YPA, 28 TD, 14 INT

Cassel at NE:
2008 - 63.4 comp %, 3693 yds, 7.2 YPA, 21 TD, 11 INT

I don't want to hear the argument that Cassel can't be as good as Brady anymore.

Who did Tom Brady have on his team as far as WR during that run. His WR core was so weak it was rediculous. Cassel was throwing to the two top WR's in the league, was groomed for 3 years in there offense and was two years older then Brady. Remember when Trent Green went down and Huard stepped in and looked pretty damn good because he knew the system, but looking back nobody would ever say Huard was even comparable to Green same with Brady and Cassel.

Three7s
08-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Who did Tom Brady have on his team as far as WR during that run. His WR core was so weak it was rediculous. Cassel was throwing to the two top WR's in the league, was groomed for 3 years in there offense and was two years older then Brady. Remember when Trent Green went down and Huard stepped in and looked pretty damn good because he knew the system, but looking back nobody would ever say Huard was even comparable to Green same with Brady and Cassel.
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't call Troy Brown and Deion Branch "weak".

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Why is Vince Young better? Because he can run around? Please. He's not accurate at all and makes bad decisions. When he took over last year, he didn't have to do much with CJ2k, he simply managed the game.

Trent Edwards might be better, but he's not consistent, that's for sure. I could've put in QBs like Orton and Palmer, but I think they're on the same level, so I didn't. And yes you're right, Cassel's job will be to manage the game, so why would he be any higher than middle of the pack? If he throws for 3500 yards, 20 TDs, keeps the INTs below 15, and gives a 60% comp rate, he'll have done his job with this running game.

I think Vince Young puts his team in a position to win he scambles well he's huge and hard to tackle, he's fast and can pick up yards, I don't think he's the most accurate but just as accurate as Cassel if not more but with a stronger arm. Palmer is better I can't believe you would even make that comparison, Orton is Cassel's twin with better accuracy. Her'es the thing I agree Matt cassel is a 3500 yard 20 TD type player and I'm fine with that if he's making 5 million a year, we have a good line, but when we picked him up we had no running game because of Hairy Johnson being a has-been, our line was horrible, our defensive line was horrible, and we gave up a 2nd pick. Our line is still horrible, our running game is good, and our d-line is still pretty crappy.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 03:52 PM
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't call Troy Brown and Deion Branch "weak".

I would they both were like 4th and 5th WR's guys on other teams, but Tom Brady made them look good.

Ryfo18
08-24-2010, 03:55 PM

Brady certiainly had serviceable WRs. All things aside though, Brady and Cassel will both have one thing in common about their "early" careers (Cassel is only in his 3rd year as a starter). They have Charlie Weis as an offensive coordinator. You can't say that Brady came out of college as an NFL ready quarterback. Weis built a system around him that worked though and he excelled and developed into one of the game's best.

From Rotoworld.com:

"The Cleveland Plain Dealer lists rookie Colt McCoy as one player in need of a strong showing over the final two games to make the Browns' roster.
It's exceedingly rare for an NFL team to give up on a third-round pick after one preseason, and it's hard to imagine McCoy passing through waivers. Still, McCoy has been dreadful in exhibition action (5-of-12 for 25 yards, two interceptions) and camp scrimmages while Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace have shined."

Great idea Fig. So far the alternatives you have offered are:

Tyler Thigpen - 3rd string for the Dolphins right now behind Chad Henne and Chad Pennington (certainly not standouts)

Brodie Croyle - Never won an NFL game in his life

Colt McCoy - On the verge of getting cut, from the BROWNS.

Three7s
08-24-2010, 03:59 PM
I know Palmer had some great years in 2005 through 2007, but last year, he wasn't that good at all. Like Cassel, he managed the game and let Benson do the heavy lifting, along with the defense. If it was the old Palmer, he'd be among the elite.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Brady certiainly had serviceable WRs. All things aside though, Brady and Cassel will both have one thing in common about their "early" careers (Cassel is only in his 3rd year as a starter). They have Charlie Weis as an offensive coordinator. You can't say that Brady came out of college as an NFL ready quarterback. Weis built a system around him that worked though and he excelled and developed into one of the game's best.

From Rotoworld.com:

"The Cleveland Plain Dealer lists rookie Colt McCoy as one player in need of a strong showing over the final two games to make the Browns' roster.
It's exceedingly rare for an NFL team to give up on a third-round pick after one preseason, and it's hard to imagine McCoy passing through waivers. Still, McCoy has been dreadful in exhibition action (5-of-12 for 25 yards, two interceptions) and camp scrimmages while Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace have shined."

Great idea Fig. So far the alternatives you have offered are:

Tyler Thigpen - 3rd string for the Dolphins right now behind Chad Henne and Chad Pennington (certainly not standouts)

Brodie Croyle - Never won an NFL game in his life

Colt McCoy - On the verge of getting cut, from the BROWNS.

Two words Tim Tebow:chiefs:

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 04:02 PM
I know Palmer had some great years in 2005 through 2007, but last year, he wasn't that good at all. Like Cassel, he managed the game and let Benson do the heavy lifting, along with the defense. If it was the old Palmer, he'd be among the elite.

Let's see who has a better year Cassel or Palmer.

Three7s
08-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Oh, one last thing, I could care less how much a guy is getting paid, or if he's overpaid for what he does. All I care about is winning. I could care less if Cassel makes 100 mil, if it means getting a Super Bowl, so be it.

Ryfo18
08-24-2010, 04:07 PM

So we should have taken him with pick 5? He was gone when it came back around to us in round 2.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 04:14 PM
So we should have taken him with pick 5? He was gone when it came back around to us in round 2.

Makes as much sense as getting a safety at 5

Drunker Hillbilly
08-24-2010, 04:20 PM
One word.......HATER

Ryfo18
08-24-2010, 04:21 PM

Ok, so let's get Tebow at 5. This is the same guy that is going to be stuck behind Kyle Orton for the next 2 years. Kyle and Matt are very similar QBs.

bwilliams
08-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Are you drunk or high right now?

bwilliams
08-24-2010, 04:29 PM
I would they both were like 4th and 5th WR's guys on other teams, but Tom Brady made them look good.

Wow, you have no idea what you're talking about. Check out Troy Brown's stats when Bledsoe was the QB. They're the same as when Brady was there.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-24-2010, 04:36 PM
.......Jeopardy Theme...............

Research is being done! Maybe the Hateraid???

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Ok, so let's get Tebow at 5. This is the same guy that is going to be stuck behind Kyle Orton for the next 2 years. Kyle and Matt are very similar QBs.

I'm kidding about Tebow I would have gotten Russell Okung, the year before I wanted orakpo imagine him on one side and Tamba on the other. I think Jason Campbell would have been a better QB then Cassel also if we want a game manager with great accuracy we could have picked up Chad Pennington in the FA.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 04:38 PM

Neither I'm kidding. I would not pick up Tebow. Okung was my guy

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Wow, you have no idea what you're talking about. Check out Troy Brown's stats when Bledsoe was the QB. They're the same as when Brady was there.

His best year with Bledsoe he had 950 yards with Brady 1200 the guy had one good year and that was with brady and two decent years and one was with brady the whole rest of his career he was a 500 yard or less guy don't give me that crap that he was a good WR. Tom Brady had no Wes Welker's or Randy Moss's or even Chris Chambers or Dwayne Bowe's. Troy Brown was a 4th guy at best he was second stringer on any other team.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 04:45 PM
One word.......HATER

I like Berry but not over one of the best LT's in college history especially when our line is much weaker then our secondary.

matthewschiefs
08-24-2010, 04:47 PM
His best year with Bledsoe he had 950 yards with Brady 1200 the guy had one good year and that was with brady and two decent years and one was with brady the whole rest of his career he was a 500 yard or less guy don't give me that crap that he was a good WR. Tom Brady had no Wes Welker's or Randy Moss's or even Chris Chambers or Dwayne Bowe's. Troy Brown was a 4th guy at best he was second stringer on any other team.

I have to disagree Brown was not one that would put up number that would make you say wow but he did the little things that helped them win. Even at times playing defense. That type of guy I wouldn't mind haveing on my team anyday. He was a very valuble memeber of there team.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 04:52 PM
I have to disagree Brown was not one that would put up number that would make you say wow but he did the little things that helped them win. Even at times playing defense. That type of guy I wouldn't mind haveing on my team anyday. He was a very valuble memeber of there team.

So basically he was a second stringer that distracted defenders so better WR's could catch the ball? I'm not saying he was a bad person but he was not a good WR he had one good year look at the rest of his career he averaged like 400 yards a year over his career those are not even close to being starters numbers. Tom Brady did a lot with little.

matthewschiefs
08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
So basically he was a second stringer that distracted defenders so better WR's could catch the ball? I'm not saying he was a bad person but he was not a good WR he had one good year look at the rest of his career he averaged like 400 yards a year over his career those are not even close to being starters numbers. Tom Brady did a lot with little.

What I am saying is that putting up numbers is not everything. If it was all about haveing guys who put up big numbers give the colts 3 or 4 rings instead of the pats. The pats won because they had guys like Brown who did all the little things. Makeing him for them a good starter. It's all about what your team needs you to do. And for the Pats Brown was a good person to be the starter. They seemed to be able to win a lot with him.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 05:03 PM
What I am saying is that putting up numbers is not everything. If it was all about haveing guys who put up big numbers give the colts 3 or 4 rings instead of the pats. The pats won because they had guys like Brown who did all the little things. Makeing him for them a good starter. It's all about what your team needs you to do. And for the Pats Brown was a good person to be the starter. They seemed to be able to win a lot with him.

I think your referring to Vinateri he was the second best guy on the Pats team. When they had Vinateri they won 3 they got rid of him haven't won a superbowl since but his next team did the Colts won a ring with a Vinateri. :lol:

Canada
08-24-2010, 05:25 PM

Yup!! :bananen_smilies046::SmokinBanana:

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Yup!! :bananen_smilies046::SmokinBanana:

Quit bogarting and pass me some of that good stuff and I'll also need a pair of those rose colored glasses, who knows maybe Matt Cassel is gonna make the pro-bowl this year.

bwilliams
08-24-2010, 06:39 PM

No. Brown's best year was 2001, which was Brady's worst year as a pro. His career's a bell curve around that year (Troy Brown NFL & AFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowTr00.htm)). It's not a debateable thing.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 06:43 PM
No. Brown's best year was 2001, which was Brady's worst year as a pro. His career's a bell curve around that year (Troy Brown NFL & AFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowTr00.htm)). It's not a debateable thing.

Read what I said of course his best year was Tom Brady's first year as a starter.

stricken721
08-24-2010, 07:19 PM
I say everybody put their Arrowcash where their mouth is! :D

Matt Cassel's Performance. - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13907)

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 08:22 PM

Matt Cassel's Performance. - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13907)
I did good thread.

Connie Jo
08-24-2010, 11:06 PM

I DID, I DID!!

:yahoo:

stricken721
08-25-2010, 12:04 AM
I DID, I DID!!

:yahoo:

I made that thread per your suggestion CJ. So far it's been a hit! :bananen_smilies046:

Pro_Angler
08-25-2010, 02:33 PM
thats too easy 2-3k passing

figcrostic
08-25-2010, 03:25 PM
thats too easy 2-3k passing

That's what I put as well, I'm suprised you think so low of the guy.

Pro_Angler
08-25-2010, 04:22 PM
That's what I put as well, I'm suprised you think so low of the guy.

No I dont, I think lower:)