PDA

View Full Version : Haley is worrying me

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 08:28 PM
He has shown a dislike for Bowe, Derick Johnson and shows no love to Jamaal Charles. It seems like Haley is biased people hated on him last year because they said he cusses his players out personally I don't give a damn but when you sit our best players and mess with our ability to win is when I get pissed anyone else feel me on this?

matthewschiefs
08-24-2010, 09:07 PM
I like what Haley has done. His job is not to love up on the players his job is to be the head coach. He is pushing the guys to be there best. He pushed D.J last season. Last year Bowe had a down year we no he is much better then what we saw from his last year we saw it a couple of years ago he is pushing Bowe to get back into form. I no that it's a way diffrent mindset from the last head coach who let the players get out of shape and do whatever they wanted. I myself like Haleys way more.

Connie Jo
08-24-2010, 09:11 PM
He has shown a dislike for Bowe, Derick Johnson and shows no love to Jamaal Charles. It seems like Haley is biased people hated on him last year because they said he cusses his players out personally I don't give a damn but when you sit our best players and mess with our ability to win is when I get pissed anyone else feel me on this?

Maybe he's not wanting to risk injury to "our best players" during pre-season...of which a meaningless win during pre-season isn't worthy of increasing injury risk?

slc chief
08-24-2010, 09:15 PM

it is only preseason if he does not give charles his carries during the regular season. then i will ask what is he thinking but i am with connie jo he probably does not want to be bit by the injury bug we will see week 3 coming up

bwilliams
08-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Maybe he's not wanting to risk injury to "our best players" during pre-season...of which a meaningless win during pre-season isn't worthy of increasing injury risk?

^^This

I'm a lot more worried about our GM than I am about our HC.

Ryfo18
08-24-2010, 09:53 PM

If you listen to his interview today, he said exactly this. "We want this guy to be playing when the games count." This link has a little more of what he said. Jamaal Charles (http://bit.ly/dxACRy)

Pro_Angler
08-24-2010, 10:09 PM
id take nothing into it. I think Haley is night and day from last year. he must be on some good meds.. I think he is almost being too nice this year.

slc chief
08-24-2010, 10:09 PM
^^This

why you worried about a gm who hired class act experianced coordinators. and say what you will about the draft our players we drafted are already showing signs of becoming good football players.

tornadospotter
08-24-2010, 10:15 PM
I am, surprisingly, somewhat liking Hailey. Last season I was pissed about the firing of the OC, but this season I see a difference in the team, first and foremost, Bowie showed up in camp, on weight. I did know, that last season he showed up for training camp, over weight, significantly. Todd, is adding discipline to the team. He is not their best friend, he is the boss! You better be ready to work. I like that. Brings me reminders of the days of Marty.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 10:38 PM
^^This

What specifically?

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 10:48 PM

That's not want I'm talking about, I'm speaking more on last year when he got rid of Thigpen but kept Croyle , got rid of Pollard, when he relieved Derrick Johnson from his starting duties, dogged on Dwayne Bowe, insisted on starting Hairy Johnson until he publically dogged Haley out. I don't care about Haley being a big meanie. These are highly paid athletes that are expected to perform so as far I'm concerened a good verbal lashing is great as long as it produces a W.

Connie Jo
08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
id take nothing into it. I think Haley is night and day from last year. he must be on some good meds.. I think he is almost being too nice this year.

Maybe it's because he doesn't feel all the pressure & stress he felt last season...as a rookie head coach in the NFL, none the less taking over a losing record team? He was under a microscope with every move he made, but the media & fans especially. As well, all the other negative factors...not getting along with the OC, firing him, Bowe's suspension, LJ's fiasco, fan frustration...etc., etc..

PS: He also had the pressure of relocating to another city...a move is chaotic & stressful on it's own.

figcrostic
08-24-2010, 10:52 PM
I am, surprisingly, somewhat liking Hailey. Last season I was pissed about the firing of the OC, but this season I see a difference in the team, first and foremost, Bowie showed up in camp, on weight. I did know, that last season he showed up for training camp, over weight, significantly. Todd, is adding discipline to the team. He is not their best friend, he is the boss! You better be ready to work. I like that. Brings me reminders of the days of Marty.

Like I said I'm glad he gives them an *** whooping but it seems like he has a personal issue with some of these guys and I don't like that he needs to put that stuff to the side I want some wins.

tornadospotter
08-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Well some players need to step up and preform, plain and simple. I think I said last season Dj need to prove himself, He failed, yes he had flashes of what he can be, but inconsistent, however he is still a Chief, so lets hope he brings it on this year!

slc chief
08-24-2010, 11:18 PM
That's not want I'm talking about, I'm speaking more on last year when he got rid of Thigpen but kept Croyle , got rid of Pollard, when he relieved Derrick Johnson from his starting duties, dogged on Dwayne Bowe, insisted on starting Hairy Johnson until he publically dogged Haley out. I don't care about Haley being a big meanie. These are highly paid athletes that are expected to perform so as far I'm concerened a good verbal lashing is great as long as it produces a W.

it happens all the time when new coaches take over.follow there philosophy or get out.the players who had bad attitudes towards what they are trying to do. got shipped out of town(lj bp) or put in there place.he put bowe in check he is keeping jamaal healthy and dj needs to prove he will not take plays off and give it 100% all the time.it is still preseason so we are anxcious for the real deal but i have to think he wants to get his starters some reps but at the same time keep there legs fresh and keep them from getting injured.

Sn@keIze
08-25-2010, 12:07 AM
Haley is a dumbass.

One day we all will realize this.

tornadospotter
08-25-2010, 12:28 AM
Haley is a dumbass.

He has this season, and depending on this season, maybe one more to prove himself, worthy of more.

Chiefster
08-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Haley is only in his second season. Heck, people displayed more patience with Herm.

Connie Jo
08-25-2010, 01:12 AM

Okay, well, I comprehended your post relating to this pre-season, season...my bad. That said, my mindset is one that for the most part overall...leaves a season behind after Super Bowl, and moves forward to hope for the next season.

I do my best to focus on the positives more than the negatives entering a new season. I simply feel like it's counter productive to dwell on the negatives of last season, especially when so many positives have taken place during the off season. Positives of which appear to be addressing many negative issues of last season in my humble opinion. :)

Possibly being overwhelmed in my daily life with many negative struggles and obstacles to overcome...it affects my ability to see the negative aspects related to my beloved Chiefs. Thinking about my Chiefs, all related directly & indirectly...brings me happy thoughts. I intend to keep it that way, cause I need all the happy thoughts I can grasp, lol.

Seek
08-25-2010, 09:10 AM

So far I think he is right about DJ, and I Know he was right about Bowe. I have heard nothing form Haley this year saying anything negative about D-Bowe and D-Bowe did a bunch in the off season to improve himself and it has shown. In a sense, Haley got D-bowes attention.

Haley also said yesterday that J. Charles is very important and that J. Charles had a big off season with his shoulder surgery and does not want to over play him when the games do not count.

To me, he is doing things right.

Vanilla Garilla
08-25-2010, 10:33 AM
I think Haley is doing a much better job than Herm did. Specifically, handling players, veterans, and so called superstars.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Haley is a dumbass.

Ya your right, we should get a new coach every couple of years if they don't go to the SuperBowl.

Canada
08-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Ya your right, we should get a new coach every couple of years if they don't go to the SuperBowl.

Why not, you went from DrunkHillbilly to Drunker Hillbilly after 2 years and you didnt win a SuperBowl!!

bbacker51
08-25-2010, 12:05 PM
I really don't think Haley is being out of line with Derrick Johnson and Bowe. In reality, neither have shown that they are high end players that some say deserve "better" treatment.

As far as Charles, I think that he knows there is a lot of carries coming in the regular season.......why waste his legs/shoulder now.

bwilliams
08-25-2010, 12:07 PM
why you worried about a gm who hired class act experianced coordinators. and say what you will about the draft our players we drafted are already showing signs of becoming good football players.

Weis and Crennel were hired based on their coordinator work from six years ago, when they were working for maybe the greatest HC of the modern era. Both were fired from their last jobs in disgrace. They may turn out just fine, but you're counting eggs before they've hatched.

Our draft picks last season were looking good at this point. How'd that turn out (Mr. Irrelevant excluded)?

Canada
08-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Weis and Crennel were hired based on their coordinator work from six years ago, when they were working for maybe the greatest HC of the modern era. Both were fired from their last jobs in disgrace. They may turn out just fine, but you're counting eggs before they've hatched.

Our draft picks last season were looking good at this point. How'd that turn out (Mr. Irrelevant excluded)?

So you don't think Weis and Crennel are an improvement to the No Offensive coordinator and Clancy Pendergast? The were hired based on the five SuperBowls they have won together. I think that far outwieghs a bad season or two (in college for Weis)

Do you just look for ways to try and make everything look like the sky is falling?

Canada
08-25-2010, 12:24 PM
How many SBs have the Pats won since they left?

Drunker Hillbilly
08-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Why not, you went from DrunkHillbilly to Drunker Hillbilly after 2 years and you didnt win a SuperBowl!!
Well if Haley loses his password to the building then I guess we can't count on him to coach us to the promise land! :postpimp4ib: I may come in as Drunkest Hillbilly next week.

bwilliams
08-25-2010, 01:11 PM
So you don't think Weis and Crennel are an improvement to the No Offensive coordinator and Clancy Pendergast? The were hired based on the five SuperBowls they have won together. I think that far outwieghs a bad season or two (in college for Weis)

Do you just look for ways to try and make everything look like the sky is falling?

Sure, they may be an improvement. They may not. We have absolutely no idea yet. It's way tooearly to say their hiring is a good thing (or a bad thing). Right now, we're hoping they (1) were instrumental to the early 2000s Pats success; and (2) their recent failures were a fluke. I hope those two things are true, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

And the Pats have been to a SB and have been perennial contenders since Weis/Crennel left. I think we can safely say that they ddn't lose much of a beat.

matthewschiefs
08-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Sure, they may be an improvement. They may not. We have absolutely no idea yet. It's way tooearly to say their hiring is a good thing (or a bad thing). Right now, we're hoping they (1) were instrumental to the early 2000s Pats success; and (2) their recent failures were a fluke. I hope those two things are true, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

And the Pats have been to a SB and have been perennial contenders since Weis/Crennel left. I think we can safely say that they ddn't lose much of a beat.

There recent failures don't even apply why becuse they were doing a diffrent job then what they are being asked to do now. We can only base our hopes on what we have seen them do at there current jobs not as what they did as HEAD COACHES. And my hopes looking at what they did are high.

bbacker51
08-25-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm not worried about the GM. After worrying about Herms next worst move, I think we're alot better off now than the last couple years. Funny how the farther away we are from the Herm comedy years, the better we get. He really hurt the Chiefs organization even for years after he had left. As a football analyst on TV :pointlaugh:(laughable) he should probably admit it.

Chiefster
08-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Haley is worrying me

You worry too much. :D

Canada
08-25-2010, 04:28 PM

I just want to be clear here. You are saying that Weis might be an improvement over not having an offensive coordinator. Really?

So they have not won any? Three to none? That seems like a bit of a drop off, but I guess they didnt miss a beat.

bwilliams
08-25-2010, 05:13 PM
I just want to be clear here. You are saying that Weis might be an improvement over not having an offensive coordinator. Really?

Having Weis call the plays may be an improvement over having Haley call the plays. It might not, specifically because I don't think we have the personnel to run the precision passing offense he's trying to implement.

So they have not won any? Three to none? That seems like a bit of a drop off, but I guess they didnt miss a beat.

*shrug* Why the Pats haven't won he SB is something Pats fans will be happy to bore you with. In short, in 2005, they got jobbed by the refs in Denver. In 2006, the Colts had their (spectacular) comeback. In 2007, they went to the SB and lost to Tyree's helmet catch. In 2008, Brady was lost in Game 1 (God, I miss Pollard). In 2009, they began to show their age.

Losing Crennel and Weis didn't have much to do with it.

bwilliams
08-25-2010, 05:26 PM
There recent failures don't even apply why becuse they were doing a diffrent job then what they are being asked to do now. We can only base our hopes on what we have seen them do at there current jobs not as what they did as HEAD COACHES. And my hopes looking at what they did are high.

How they did as HCs is important when determining whether they were just products of Belichek's system. Did Weis do well with the Pats because he had Brady and Belicheck, or did he do well because he's a great OC? I don't know. Neither do you. Neither does anbody. Yet. We'll find out soon enough, I think.

Canada
08-25-2010, 06:34 PM
How they did as HCs is important when determining whether they were just products of Belichek's system. Did Weis do well with the Pats because he had Brady and Belicheck, or did he do well because he's a great OC? I don't know. Neither do you. Neither does anbody. Yet. We'll find out soon enough, I think.

Hmmmm....if only those guys had won SuperBowls with another team besides that Pats.

Canada
08-25-2010, 06:35 PM
[/color]

Having Weis call the plays may be an improvement over having Haley call the plays. It might not, specifically because I don't think we have the personnel to run the precision passing offense he's trying to implement.

*shrug* Why the Pats haven't won he SB is something Pats fans will be happy to bore you with. In short, in 2005, they got jobbed by the refs in Denver. In 2006, the Colts had their (spectacular) comeback. In 2007, they went to the SB and lost to Tyree's helmet catch. In 2008, Brady was lost in Game 1 (God, I miss Pollard). In 2009, they began to show their age.

Too bad they aren't the Chiefs, then you could really give them a good bashing.

figcrostic
08-25-2010, 06:39 PM
[/color]

All those are wrong it's the Vinateri curse they got rid of him and now they won't win another SB.

slc chief
08-25-2010, 07:25 PM

i have a feeling it does not matter who the chiefs would have hired for their coordinators you would still be whining about it.just to get a rise out of people on the internet.bottom line is that the coaching staff is dramaticly improved from herm,gailey and gunther. if you can not see the improvemants on this chiefs team. players and coaches you are blind

bwilliams
08-25-2010, 08:14 PM
i have a feeling it does not matter who the chiefs would have hired for their coordinators you would still be whining about it.just to get a rise out of people on the internet.bottom line is that the coaching staff is dramaticly improved from herm,gailey and gunther. if you can not see the improvemants on this chiefs team. players and coaches you are blind

And I have a feeling many people here drink a lot of paint thinner. I didn't say that Weis and Crennel were bad choices. Just that everyone's working themselves into a frenzy over them, when they haven't shown anything yet. Let's wait until the scheme us a couple wins before pretending that they're great hires, alright?

bwilliams
08-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Too bad they aren't the Chiefs, then you could really give them a good bashing.

Reading is your friend. When have I bashed Crennel and Weis? I said we have no idea if they'll be good or bad yet. That's not the same thing.

bwilliams
08-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Hmmmm....if only those guys had won SuperBowls with another team besides that Pats.

Not as coordinators, which is what we were talking about.

KCINNYC
08-25-2010, 08:27 PM
^^This

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How can you be more of a moron? OUR GM? PARCELLS SON IN LAW????? YOUR WORRIED ABOUT HIM? Why, because of Tyson Jackson? You base all of your opinion on one draft pick? Or because we didn't take a nose tackle and instead picked McCluster who will be a star in the NFL probably before Berry arrives? Scott Pioli has more brains in his brain than you do, and I dream of witnessing a sit down between the two of you. I imagine you would leave in tears.

BWilliams...Again. I refuse to read any post you post for the next three months. These last three months have been great without you and this season will be great without you as well. Sheesh. Your negativity is so gross regarding the team you "root for" you are either clinically depressed, an egotistical teenager or a Raiders fan.

bwilliams
08-25-2010, 08:34 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How can you be more of a moron? OUR GM? PARCELLS SON IN LAW????? YOUR WORRIED ABOUT HIM? Why, because of Tyson Jackson? You base all of your opinion on one draft pick? Or because we didn't take a nose tackle and instead picked McCluster who will be a star in the NFL probably before Berry arrives? Scott Pioli has more brains in his brain than you do, and I dream of witnessing a sit down between the two of you. I imagine you would leave in tears.

BWilliams...Again. I refuse to read any post you post for the next three months. These last three months have been great without you and this season will be great without you as well. Sheesh. Your negativity is so gross regarding the team you "root for" you are either clinically depressed, an egotistical teenager or a Raiders fan.

If only I cared what you think . . .

chief31
08-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Haley is only in his second season. Heck, people displayed more patience with Herm.

I did NOT!!!!!:lol:

SAPHOJUNKIE
08-25-2010, 08:52 PM

Haley isn't "sitting" bowe, DJ, or charles.

Charles is a faster back than Thomas Jones. What is so difficult to understand about that? Jones comes in to establish a hard, north/south run game, and then charles comes in to out run defenders after they have adjusted to TJ's running style.

Charles is going to get the same number of touches as any other running back. It's about the platoon.

Derrick Johnson was underachieving long before Haley arrived, and in a STARTING ROLE, I might add.

matthewschiefs
08-25-2010, 09:24 PM

All what they did as head coaches means is that they were not good at the head coaching postion if you want to compare the head coaches job to a OC or a DC be my guest but you are compareing apples to oranges

Chiefster
08-25-2010, 10:00 PM
I did NOT!!!!!:lol:

True; I stand corrected. :efpge:

turner_robert
08-25-2010, 11:28 PM
I know this is only the preseason but the Chiefs total offense is ranked 10th and there Defense is ranked 9th. I dont think we can take that to the bank but we sure can make a wish. Todd Haley is inconsistant and borderlined crazy. I'm more upset with Pioli then Iam with Hailey because of our drafts and the players Haley has to work with. Hailey has shown that with the proper players he can take them all the way.

Seek
08-26-2010, 01:18 PM
And I have a feeling many people here drink a lot of paint thinner. I didn't say that Weis and Crennel were bad choices. Just that everyone's working themselves into a frenzy over them, when they haven't shown anything yet. Let's wait until the scheme us a couple wins before pretending that they're great hires, alright?

Drinking Paint Thinner is good. It helps the lead based paint that we eat pass better.

#58ChiefsFan
08-26-2010, 01:28 PM
I know this is only the preseason but the Chiefs total offense is ranked 10th and there Defense is ranked 9th. I dont think we can take that to the bank but we sure can make a wish. Todd Haley is inconsistant and borderlined crazy. I'm more upset with Pioli then Iam with Hailey because of our drafts and the players Haley has to work with. Hailey has shown that with the proper players he can take them all the way.

In all fairness Pioli has more Lombardi trophies, he has proven he can take a team all the way as well.

Haley is f'n crazy and that's what I like best about him. He didn't show up here and polish a turd in hopes of winning 6 games last year.

His interview yesterday is worth watching, there is a point where he said his father has taught him not to have the quickest answer, have best answer. It's still preseason, can we wait till week one before we call this a complete failure?

Chiefster
08-26-2010, 01:31 PM
In all fairness Pioli has more Lombardi trophies, he has proven he can take a team all the way as well.

Haley is f'n crazy and that's what I like best about him. He didn't show up here and polish a turd in hopes of winning 6 games last year.

His interview yesterday is worth watching, there is a point where he said his father has taught him not to have the quickest answer, have best answer. It's still preseason, can we wait till week one before we call this a complete failure?

Excellent point.

Canada
08-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Reading is your friend. When have I bashed Crennel and Weis? I said we have no idea if they'll be good or bad yet. That's not the same thing.

Its funny, you seem to know when every decision that the Chiefs make is wrong, but when they do something right, you say we will have to wait and see. I have read many of your posts and they have one big unifying theme. They are usually saying somethingbad about the Chiefs. Maybe you whould start paying attention to what you write.

bwilliams
08-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Its funny, you seem to know when every decision that the Chiefs make is wrong, but when they do something right, you say we will have to wait and see. I have read many of your posts and they have one big unifying theme. They are usually saying somethingbad about the Chiefs. Maybe you whould start paying attention to what you write.

I've read a lot of your posts too. You're confrontational until you lose an argument. Then you start a flame war until the thread is closed.

Again reading is your friend. Just because you don't pay attention (or maybe just don't understand) when I write nice things doesn't mean I don't write them. I've done nothing but praise (or at least defend) guys like Bowe, Flowers, Cassel, Charles, and Carr. I like a lot of our players. Most are trying as hard as they can, and some should be long-term Chiefs.

But you're right in one sense. I don't like how the team is being managed. I think Pioli's doing a bad job, as bad as the CP did in the Herm years.

You do know, right, that we didn't go 4-12 last season because we were a great team. We went 4-12 because we were untalented and badly coached. We did almost nothing in FA (Jones signing excepted, and Lilja signing perhaps excepted). We signed two coordinators who had been fired from their previous jobs. And we drafted a bunch of backups and projects (Asamoah and Berry excepted). What, am I supposed to pretend that'll mean big improvements over last year?

Canada
08-26-2010, 02:37 PM
I've read a lot of your posts too. You're confrontational until you lose an argument. Then you start a flame war until the thread is closed.

Again reading is your friend. Just because you don't pay attention (or maybe just don't understand) when I write nice things doesn't mean I don't write them. I've done nothing but praise (or at least defend) guys like Bowe, Flowers, Cassel, Charles, and Carr. I like a lot of our players. Most are trying as hard as they can, and some should be long-term Chiefs.

But you're right in one sense. I don't like how the team is being managed. I think Pioli's doing a bad job, as bad as the CP did in the Herm years.

You do know, right, that we didn't go 4-12 last season because we were a great team. We went 4-12 because we were untalented and badly coached. We did almost nothing in FA (Jones signing excepted, and Lilja signing perhaps excepted). We signed two coordinators who had been fired from their previous jobs. And we drafted a bunch of backups and projects (Asamoah and Berry excepted). What, am I supposed to pretend that'll mean big improvements over last year?

What flame war have I started? I dont discuss things with you because i think you have an overall negative view of my favorite team. I know saying anything is not going to change your mind, nor do I really care if it does. I have seen a million people like you come and go. Post everything that is wrong all day long and call it reality. Anyone who has anything good to say or disagrees with the negative posts is an idiot or homer or whatever. I just find it laughable that you can predict what all these unproven guys on the field can do and when we have two guys who have proven they can win, you think they will probably be a bust. You went as far as to say that Charlie Weis might not be as good as having no coordinator at all. I know reading is my firend, thats why I dont subject it to the crap you usually post. Its nothing personal, there are a few here who are the same and I dont read their posts either.

marloweopatchiefs
08-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Not feeling you at all. It sounds like herm edwards is who you want. The guy who was a players coach and was soft on his players.

bwilliams
08-26-2010, 02:50 PM
What flame war have I started? I dont discuss things with you because i think you have an overall negative view of my favorite team. I know saying anything is not going to change your mind, nor do I really care if it does. I have seen a million people like you come and go. Post everything that is wrong all day long and call it reality. Anyone who has anything good to say or disagrees with the negative posts is an idiot or homer or whatever. I just find it laughable that you can predict what all these unproven guys on the field can do and when we have two guys who have proven they can win, you think they will probably be a bust. You went as far as to say that Charlie Weis might not be as good as having no coordinator at all. I know reading is my firend, thats why I dont subject it to the crap you usually post. Its nothing personal, there are a few here who are the same and I dont read their posts either.

You'd be amazed at how little I care what you think. Why would I?

But you really shouldn't lie so much. I haven't called anyone a homer or an idiot (well, maybe you once, but if the shoe fits), to my memory. I wrote that we can't predict how our new OC and DC will do. I wrote that we don't know whether the offense will be better with Haley calling the plays or Weis calling the plays. You know, the exact opposite of what you're pretending I wrote.

And, nothing personal, I've come across a lot of guys on message boards who think they're entitled to something, just because they've been posting on it a while. Free piece of advice - no one cares how long you've been posting here. It doesn't make your posts any smarter or better.

Canada
08-26-2010, 02:53 PM
You respond a lot for someone who does not care.

bwilliams
08-26-2010, 02:59 PM
You respond a lot for someone who does not care.

I hate dishonesty, and I felt I had to point out yours.

SAPHOJUNKIE
08-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Anyone who says that Crennel and Weis haven't proven anything is either an inarguable cynic, unwaveringly stupid, annoyingly contrarian, or simply uninformed.

Personally, I don't think Bwilliams is stupid.

And I don't think he's a cynic or simply uninformed.

That's right - I think he's annoyingly contrarian. I think he gets off at the idea of disagreeing with people, not realizing what a sad, despicable trait this is.

I know he only said it for the cheap thrill of annoying people by being deliberately argumentative (a la skip bayless), but here's the counter argument anyway:

Five.

That's right - my counterargument is one word. Five. Technically, I could have skipped all the words, and just had a number:

Now, if you're wondering why "five" is an acceptable argument to the "romeo and weis haven't proven anything" theory, then perhaps you need the next three words:

Five super bowl rings.

Now shut up.

SAPHOJUNKIE
08-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Okay, I changed my mind. Bwilliams might actually be stupid.

And yeah yeah yeah, gimme a warning for being antagonistic or whatever you want to call it, but really.

this guy has done nothing but crap on legitimate discussions with his absolutely unceasing vomit. Every single discussion, no matter the topic, inevitably devolves into him coming in and sh&%ing it up with his "Pioli is dumb and doing a bad job" nonsense.

some people would actually like to discuss the team, the games, the players, the strategies. This guy won't allow it. He uses any and every thread as a launching pad for his derision against the Pioli regime. He absolutely is convinced he is actually smarter than people who have spent their lives learning and studying the game under the best minds in football. right, but Bwilliams knows better, cuz he watches sportscenter. Are you smarter than Clark Hunt, too? Because Hunt seems happy with Pioli. In fact, everyone in the LEAGUE thinks pioli is smart, capable, and making the right moves.

You know who told me that? Rich Eisen. I met him at a party a couple weeks back, and we got to talking Chiefs. He had EFFUSIVE praise for the roster moves and personnel decisions being made at One Arrowhead Drive. Eisen isn't the smartest man alive, but when it comes to the NFL, his opinion means infinitely more than yours. (interesting side note - he had nothing but the worst things to say about Larry Johnson).

Oh snap, cue the obligatory "I've watched hundreds of hours of game tape blah blah blah." You do realize that your DVR is not the same as game tape, right? good.

The guy just hates pioli for no good reason and will never ever ever ever ever ever ever budge on that, no matter what happens. He is the character with no arc. A one-note pop song. He is a five course meal and every course is iceberg lettuce.

I have blissfully had him on ignore for months, but his moronic diatribes continue to ruin good threads. I can't discuss things with intelligent, rational fans, because they are too busy engaging this idiot.

yeah. Idiot.

Whatever, ban me. I don't care. I try to consistently back up my points with a reasonable blend of logic and research. I don't rely on pure statistics or speculation.

I try to actually ADD to the content on this site. This guy just antagonizes for the sake of argument.

Just ignore him. Seriously. Everyone collectively put him on ignore, so we don't have to read OTHER people's responses to him.

Canada
08-26-2010, 03:17 PM
And I have a feeling many people here drink a lot of paint thinner.

I hate dishonesty, and I felt I had to point out yours.

Yeah, you don't say anything to insult people intelligence.

I hate hypocrites more than I hate liars!!

http://www.canadiancaraudio.com/online/images/smilies/smilie_finger1.gif

Chiefster
08-26-2010, 03:24 PM
I understand the frustration, and we have features in place to assist members to "ignore" those they have personality conflicts with. It would also help to keep threads from being closed.

:troll31:

Chiefster
08-26-2010, 03:26 PM

And yeah yeah yeah, gimme a warning for being antagonistic or whatever you want to call it, but really.

this guy has done nothing but crap on legitimate discussions with his absolutely unceasing vomit. Every single discussion, no matter the topic, inevitably devolves into him coming in and sh&%ing it up with his "Pioli is dumb and doing a bad job" nonsense.

some people would actually like to discuss the team, the games, the players, the strategies. This guy won't allow it. He uses any and every thread as a launching pad for his derision against the Pioli regime. He absolutely is convinced he is actually smarter than people who have spent their lives learning and studying the game under the best minds in football. right, but Bwilliams knows better, cuz he watches sportscenter. Are you smarter than Clark Hunt, too? Because Hunt seems happy with Pioli. In fact, everyone in the LEAGUE thinks pioli is smart, capable, and making the right moves.

You know who told me that? Rich Eisen. I met him at a party a couple weeks back, and we got to talking Chiefs. He had EFFUSIVE praise for the roster moves and personnel decisions being made at One Arrowhead Drive. Eisen isn't the smartest man alive, but when it comes to the NFL, his opinion means infinitely more than yours. (interesting side note - he had nothing but the worst things to say about Larry Johnson).

Oh snap, cue the obligatory "I've watched hundreds of hours of game tape blah blah blah." You do realize that your DVR is not the same as game tape, right? good.

The guy just hates pioli for no good reason and will never ever ever ever ever ever ever budge on that, no matter what happens. He is the character with no arc. A one-note pop song. He is a five course meal and every course is iceberg lettuce.

I have blissfully had him on ignore for months, but his moronic diatribes continue to ruin good threads. I can't discuss things with intelligent, rational fans, because they are too busy engaging this idiot.

yeah. Idiot.

Whatever, ban me. I don't care. I try to consistently back up my points with a reasonable blend of logic and research. I don't rely on pure statistics or speculation.

I try to actually ADD to the content on this site. This guy just antagonizes for the sake of argument.

Just ignore him. Seriously. Everyone collectively put him on ignore, so we don't have to read OTHER people's responses to him.

...This!

bwilliams
08-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah, you don't say anything to insult people intelligence.

I hate hypocrites more than I hate liars!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Oh, was that calling someone a homer or an idiot?

You idiot.

bwilliams
08-26-2010, 04:09 PM

yeah. Idiot.

Gee, I'll miss our talks.

If I'm right, and Pioli's doing as bad of a job as I think he is, you'll be whining that he never had a chance. Or that you always knew he was awful. Like all of you did with Herm Edwards. With Vermeil. With Cunningham. With CP. And with every other failure that's come through One Arrowhead in the past twenty years.

Canada
08-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Oh, was that calling someone a homer or an idiot?

You idiot.

You intelligence and class shines more and more with each post!! :mancard:

Canada
08-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Gee, I'll miss our talks.

If I'm right, and Pioli's doing as bad of a job as I think he is, you'll be whining that he never had a chance. Or that you always knew he was awful. Like all of you did with Herm Edwards. With Vermeil. With Cunningham. With CP. And with every other failure that's come through One Arrowhead in the past twenty years.

This is what I don't understand. Why call yourself a fan of the team if you think the last 20 years is all failure. Call yourself a Chiefs critic but if you can't see a positive from anyone in the last 20 years you are the biggest joke of a fan I have ever seen!!

Ryfo18
08-26-2010, 05:18 PM
This is what I don't understand. Why call yourself a fan of the team if you think the last 20 years is all failure. Call yourself a Chiefs critic but if you can't see a positive from anyone in the last 20 years you are the biggest joke of a fan I have ever seen!!

This

bwilliams
08-26-2010, 05:39 PM

And this is why I don't respect your opinion. In the past twenty years, it's been failure after failure. We haven't even won a playoff game in almost 20 years (1993). What laurels are we resting on, exactly?

Do you think I'm a fan of the Chiefs because it's fun? Or because we've had great times? Do you realize that there are 24 cities in the US with at least a baseball and NFL team. And of those, the Kansas City has gone the longest without any champion (40 years).

I'm a Chiefs fan because I grew up a Chiefs fan. Not because we've had great ownership or GMs. And not because of simple-minded fans who line up to be suckerpunched every single season.

Ryfo18
08-26-2010, 05:50 PM
And this is why I don't respect your opinion. In the past twenty years, it's been failure after failure. We haven't even won a playoff game in almost 20 years (1993). What laurels are we resting on, exactly?

Do you think I'm a fan of the Chiefs because it's fun? Or because we've had great times? Do you realize that there are 24 cities in the US with at least a baseball and NFL team. And of those, the Kansas City has gone the longest without any champion (40 years).

I'm a Chiefs fan because I grew up a Chiefs fan. Not because we've had great ownership or GMs. And not because of simple-minded fans who line up to be suckerpunched every single season.

The Royals won the World Series in '85.

Cleveland is the winner of the contest you just mentioned.

bwilliams
08-26-2010, 05:51 PM
The Royals won the World Series in '85.

Cleveland is the winner of the contest you just mentioned.

Of course that's true. I meant football champion, but phrased it badly. Thanks.

Ryfo18
08-26-2010, 05:54 PM
The '90's weren't too bad...If it weren't for a guy by the name of Lin Elliot, we could have perhaps enjoyed a Super Bowl in '96.

I can't remember for sure, but I think the Chiefs made the playoffs every year but 1 in the '90's. Don't get me wrong, I want a Super Bowl as much as every other Chief fan, but I'm not going to call it a miserable failure. Miserable failure would be if we had gone the last 20 years without a playoff berth.

Things will turn around, we're headed in the right direction.

stricken721
08-26-2010, 06:04 PM
The '90's weren't too bad...If it weren't for a guy by the name of Lin Elliot, we could have perhaps enjoyed a Super Bowl in '96.

I can't remember for sure, but I think the Chiefs made the playoffs every year but 1 in the '90's. Don't get me wrong, I want a Super Bowl as much as every other Chief fan, but I'm not going to call it a miserable failure. Miserable failure would be if we had gone the last 20 years without a playoff berth.

The early 2000's were good too. That all pro offensive line, Trent, Priest, Tony G, those were some good times. That year we started 9-0 and finished 13-3 was an awesome year. Had we not started the playoffs against the Colts I think we could have made at least a Super Bowl appearance.

matthewschiefs
08-26-2010, 06:04 PM

I would much rather be a simple minded fan who lines up then a right here right now the sky is falling fan.

There is a diffrence from being a simple minded fan and being a fan who understands that building a team takes time. And from what we have seen 1 season there is more that says that we are getting better then not. why becuse we went from 2 wins to 4. Wins are what it all comes down to and under Pioli and haley we doubled them in one year. That's not a bad start if you ask me.

matthewschiefs
08-26-2010, 06:07 PM

:sAng_scream: :mob:

jwill 747
08-26-2010, 06:30 PM
hes just keeping them hungry and letting them know that there draft position is not enough to guarantee them a starting position.

SAPHOJUNKIE
08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
The Chiefs were one of the winningest teams in the 90's, one game behind buffalo.

That's an ENTIRE DECADE of the supposed '20 years of failure.'

They also had the best home record in the 90's, which should mean a great deal to any fan who goes out to SUPPORT the team, not just sling unfounded insults and groundless complaints on an internet message board.

once again, Bwilliams has absolutely no understanding of what he's talking about, cannot support his claims.

Also, he's clearly a child who references 20 years of ineptitude, because he's 20 years old. If he were older, he would be railing against far longer than 20 years, as the EIGHTIES were the true era of ineptitude for the Chiefs.

Twenty five years ago was when things started improving.

Clearly he doesn't remember going 13-3 and to the AFC championship, when only a concussion to our QB ended the super bowl run (and some missed field goals).

Clearly he doesn't remember going 13-3 and having the league's best offense in 2003. I know, I know...we couldn't force the colts to punt. Well, guess what? They couldn't force US to punt either.

Now, if he wants to complain about Carl Peterson making poor decisions, fine. There are plenty to complain about. Most significantly, hiring based on friendship instead of achievement.

The reason this team currently struggles is directly traceable to the poor management of the team during Herm Edwards' tenure.

Herm didn't do everything poorly, but he did some things poorly. His laissez-faiire treatment of the players, especially YOUNG players, led to a roster made of slow, fat, lazy, STUPID players.

herm thought that players needed to be treated like adults, and you just rely on them to do their jobs. Herm believes this, because that's the kind of player he was - self-motivated. The problem is, he was the EXCEPTION, and remains so. Most players NEED motivation. Heck - most PEOPLE need it.

Pioli is blowing up the team. Deal with it. We've had too many head coaches who tried to architect this team in a completely different way than the last guy. Now, you have neo-classical structures next to Victorian windows with a spanish colonial exterior.

Time to just raze the whole thing. Knock it all down and build from scratch with one singular concept - tough, smart, disciplined players. That means sometimes turning your back on talented guys, because they don't fit in with your concept.

bwilliams
08-26-2010, 07:52 PM
The Chiefs were one of the winningest teams in the 90's, one game behind buffalo.

They also had the best home record in the 90's, which should mean a great deal to any fan who goes out to SUPPORT the team, not just sling unfounded insults and groundless complaints on an internet message board.

once again, Bwilliams has absolutely no understanding of what he's talking about, cannot support his claims.

Also, he's clearly a child who references 20 years of ineptitude, because he's 20 years old. If he were older, he would be railing against far longer than 20 years, as the EIGHTIES were the true era of ineptitude for the Chiefs.

Clearly he doesn't remember going 13-3 and to the AFC championship, when only a concussion to our QB ended the super bowl run (and some missed field goals).

Clearly he doesn't remember going 13-3 and having the league's best offense in 2003. I know, I know...we couldn't force the colts to punt. Well, guess what? They couldn't force US to punt either.

Now, if he wants to complain about Carl Peterson making poor decisions, fine. There are plenty to complain about. Most significantly, hiring based on friendship instead of achievement.

The reason this team currently struggles is directly traceable to the poor management of the team during Herm Edwards' tenure.

Herm didn't do everything poorly, but he did some things poorly. His laissez-faiire treatment of the players, especially YOUNG players, led to a roster made of slow, fat, lazy, STUPID players.

herm thought that players needed to be treated like adults, and you just rely on them to do their jobs. Herm believes this, because that's the kind of player he was - self-motivated. The problem is, he was the EXCEPTION, and remains so. Most players NEED motivation. Heck - most PEOPLE need it.

Pioli is blowing up the team. Deal with it. We've had too many head coaches who tried to architect this team in a completely different way than the last guy. Now, you have neo-classical structures next to Victorian windows with a spanish colonial exterior.

Time to just raze the whole thing. Knock it all down and build from scratch with one singular concept - tough, smart, disciplined players. That means sometimes turning your back on talented guys, because they don't fit in with your concept.

I used twenty years because you did, genius.

And we're blowing the team up? We've barely switched the team up the past two offseasons. Hali, Flowers, Carr, DJ, Cox, Bowe, D. Williams, Albert, Waters, Niswanger, R. Edwards, and Dorsey are 12 starters from 2008 who will be starting in 2010. I'm not even counting guys like Croyle, Morgan, and McGraw, who were all playing the same backup roles they are now.

You sure you know what you're talking about?

figcrostic
08-26-2010, 09:03 PM
I used twenty years because you did, genius.

And we're blowing the team up? We've barely switched the team up the past two offseasons. Hali, Flowers, Carr, DJ, Cox, Bowe, D. Williams, Albert, Waters, Niswanger, R. Edwards, and Dorsey are 12 starters from 2008 who will be starting in 2010. I'm not even counting guys like Croyle, Morgan, and McGraw, who were all playing the same backup roles they are now.

You sure you know what you're talking about?

That's the sad thin everyone talks trash on Herm and Peterson yet the guys they picked up are some of our best guys. BTW I'm not sticking up for Herm or Peterson, but until the new regime does better I'm going to have to defend those two d-bags.

Canada
08-26-2010, 09:16 PM

Oh, so you are a fan cause someone told you to be?

If not I ask again...why do you claim to like this team.

I like them because I have been to some awesome games at Arrowhead and I have met a ton of the best fans it the world, I have been to the NFLs best tailgate. I could go on but these are things that a "fan" like you would just not understand!!

Ryfo18
08-26-2010, 09:17 PM
That's the sad thin everyone talks trash on Herm and Peterson yet the guys they picked up are some of our best guys. BTW I'm not sticking up for Herm or Peterson, but until the new regime does better I'm going to have to defend those two d-bags.

So cut everyone and hire a bunch of free agents...These guys are still on the team because they were drafted to be the future of this team. You can't simply cut bait with them.

bwilliams
08-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Oh, so you are a fan cause someone told you to be?

If not I ask again...why do you claim to like this team.

I like them because I have been to some awesome games at Arrowhead and I have met a ton of the best fans it the world, I have been to the NFLs best tailgate. I could go on but these are things that a "fan" like you would just not understand!!

I'm a fan because I was born and raised as one. Not because I was looking for an excuse to get drunk with friends.

bwilliams
08-26-2010, 09:53 PM
So cut everyone and hire a bunch of free agents...These guys are still on the team because they were drafted to be the future of this team. You can't simply cut bait with them.

His point is that you can't say on one hand that our office is going to "raze the whole thing" on one hand, but then start 12 of the same starter from the worst Chiefs team of all time on the other.

STLChiefs
08-26-2010, 10:24 PM
After the seasons we've had it's good to go in a different direction.. And who puts their starters in a bunch during pre-season?

Drunker Hillbilly
08-26-2010, 10:52 PM
We need a TOOLSHED alert......

Austin Avalon
08-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Of course that's true. I meant football champion, but phrased it badly. Thanks.

Ummm I'm pretty sure the Lions, who have been around forever have not even been to the Super Bowl. In fact they are the ONLY NFC team to never go to one.

Oh the Vikings went to four Super Bowls and haven't won any.

bwilliams
08-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Man, I forgot about those. I should look these things up instead of relying on my memory.

Canada
08-26-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm a fan because I was born and raised as one. Not because I was looking for an excuse to get drunk with friends.
Ok, so its because you were told to be a fan. Try getting a friend, maybe they will want to get drunk with you.
That really does explain a lot though.

bwilliams
08-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Ok, so its because you were told to be a fan. Try getting a friend, maybe they will want to get drunk with you.
That really does explain a lot though.

I'm living in Romania right now. My friends could care less about American football. There's a difference between being a Chiefs fan because you were born and bred a Chiefs fan, and because you are using fanhood as an excuse for alcoholism. You'll learn the difference one day, I'm sure.

stricken721
08-27-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm living in Romania right now. My friends could care less about American football. There's a difference between being a Chiefs fan because you were born and bred a Chiefs fan, and because you are using fanhood as an excuse for alcoholism. You'll learn the difference one day, I'm sure.

Seriously man? I don't know of anybody here who is a fan just for excuse to drink alcohol. I don't know anybody here who will fly to another country, state, or city just to drink alcohol, take the time off of work or whatever it may be. Hell.. I'm a season ticket holder and live 14 hours away from Arrowhead, but do you think I will drive that far just for alcohol? I'll let Canada speak for himself but I can pretty much assume that he isn't a Chiefs fan for the excuse of drinking alcohol, he's a die hard fan who loves this team. There isn't anything wrong with having a beer or two, or twelve while you're cheering for your team with friends and other fans. This isn't a team full of jerks and cynics. When it comes down to it we all want the same thing.. that being Chiefs wins and a Chiefs Super Bowl. Whether it be the way you want to see this team built, whether it be the way I would like to see this team built, or whether it be the way somebody else wants to see the team built.. at the end of the day we all want the same thing. So why should we waste all of our time arguing and bickering and calling names and making false accusations of our fellow fans? It makes no sense. It doesn't matter how we became a fan, it's that we are a fan. We are Kansas City.

Canada
08-27-2010, 08:26 AM

I know the difference. Someone told you to be a Chiefs fan...and you suKC at it!! Stay in Romania...and I like the way you pretend you have friends!!

bwilliams
08-27-2010, 09:51 AM
I know the difference. Someone told you to be a Chiefs fan...and you suKC at it!! Stay in Romania...and I like the way you pretend you have friends!!

Again, pretending as if anyone cares what you think.

And I finally figured you out. Your like someone's girlfriend at a Superbowl party. You cheer a lot because you want to fit in. And you really like the party and the commercials. Problem is, you don't understand the game at all. And you'd immediately lose interest in the game if your boyfriend dropped you.

bwilliams
08-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Seriously man? I don't know of anybody here who is a fan just for excuse to drink alcohol. I don't know anybody here who will fly to another country, state, or city just to drink alcohol, take the time off of work or whatever it may be. Hell.. I'm a season ticket holder and live 14 hours away from Arrowhead, but do you think I will drive that far just for alcohol? I'll let Canada speak for himself but I can pretty much assume that he isn't a Chiefs fan for the excuse of drinking alcohol, he's a die hard fan who loves this team. There isn't anything wrong with having a beer or two, or twelve while you're cheering for your team with friends and other fans. This isn't a team full of jerks and cynics. When it comes down to it we all want the same thing.. that being Chiefs wins and a Chiefs Super Bowl. Whether it be the way you want to see this team built, whether it be the way I would like to see this team built, or whether it be the way somebody else wants to see the team built.. at the end of the day we all want the same thing. So why should we waste all of our time arguing and bickering and calling names and making false accusations of our fellow fans? It makes no sense. It doesn't matter how we became a fan, it's that we are a fan. We are Kansas City.

That speech would make a lot more sense if it weren't for the fact that people have been attacking me and my fanhood, and not vice versa.

As it is, posters like Canada come across like whiny babies, complaining every time someone points out something wrong the team.

Canada
08-27-2010, 10:58 AM

And I finally figured you out. Your like someone's girlfriend at a Superbowl party. You cheer a lot because you want to fit in. And you really like the party and the commercials. Problem is, you don't understand the game at all. And you'd immediately lose interest in the game if your boyfriend dropped you.

Yes, all your in depth thoughts and comments about why the Chiefs are bad are so hard to understand. You have a team that has won 10 games in 3 years and you think you are smart because you can sit here and b!tch and whine about things that are wrong? That is your higher level of intelligence? You are a joke, you sit on your computer and bash your "favorite team" Trust me, when you give up on the Chiefs, no one will miss you.

bwilliams
08-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Yes, all your in depth thoughts and comments about why the Chiefs are bad are so hard to understand. You have a team that has won 10 games in 3 years and you think you are smart because you can sit here and b!tch and whine about things that are wrong? That is your higher level of intelligence? You are a joke, you sit on your computer and bash your "favorite team" Trust me, when you give up on the Chiefs, no one will miss you.

Did I say I was smarter than you? I am, of course. Who isn't? But you like the Chiefs because you like the tailgate. Not because of the game being played. That's the difference between you and real fans.

Again, you only see what you want to see. I've posted many wonderful things about the team. You either don't see them or refuse to acknowledge them.

The question has never been whether the Chiefs were bad from 2007-2009. Everyone knows they were bad. The question is whether they're getting better. It scares me that Herm Haley/Pioli's way of building the team is almost identical to Edwards/CP's way. It scares me that we're trotting out basically the same guys year after year because we're too cheap to go after to free agents, and we lack the savvy to draft on the level of the Colts or Steelers. I don't want us to spend the next four years on a failed rebuilding plan. And I'm tired of the unconditional love for a regime that's won 25% of its games so far.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-27-2010, 11:12 AM
That speech would make a lot more sense if it weren't for the fact that people have been attacking me and my fanhood, and not vice versa.

As it is, posters like Canada come across like whiny babies, complaining every time someone points out something wrong the team.
You would think that if sooo many people were attacking you and questioning your fanhood, you would not want to associate or be part of an online blog with them........

Canada
08-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Did I say I was smarter than you? I am, of course. Who isn't? But you like the Chiefs because you like the tailgate. Not because of the game being played. That's the difference between you and real fans.

Again, you only see what you want to see. I've posted many wonderful things about the team. You either don't see them or refuse to acknowledge them.

The question has never been whether the Chiefs were bad from 2007-2009. Everyone knows they were bad. The question is whether they're getting better. It scares me that Herm Haley/Pioli's way of building the team is almost identical to Edwards/CP's way. It scares me that we're trotting out basically the same guys year after year because we're too cheap to go after to free agents, and we lack the savvy to draft on the level of the Colts or Steelers. I don't want us to spend the next four years on a failed rebuilding plan. And I'm tired of the unconditional love for a regime that's won 25% of its games so far.

:lol: I cant even waste anymore time talking about this sh!t with you. Obviously we both want them to win. OBviously no one want to waste the next four years watching them win 4 games, but you are blaming a new regime that was brought in late and has had one season so far to turn it around. You "think" you know what is going to happen cause you played it out on madden, but your opinion is just an opinion, not fact. Don't try to pass off your pessimistic view of this season as knowledge or fact, it just flat out depressing listening to you day after day. I guess in your mind, thats what make a real fan. The guy who can depress a whole group of people!! :koolaid:

Reply if u like, I will find the ignore button!!

bwilliams
08-27-2010, 11:15 AM
You would think that if sooo many people were attacking you and questioning your fanhood, you would not want to associate or be part of an online blog with them........

There are mostly good people here. Hell, there are great massively homer posters on here (Connie and Aussie come to mind).

It's those couple loud, rude, alcoholic posters that drag things down.

Canada
08-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Alcoholics go to meetings.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Ignore..........

bwilliams
08-27-2010, 11:19 AM
:lol: I cant even waste anymore time talking about this sh!t with you. Obviously we both want them to win. OBviously no one want to waste the next four years watching them win 4 games, but you are blaming a new regime that was brought in late and has had one season so far to turn it around. You "think" you know what is going to happen cause you played it out on madden, but your opinion is just an opinion, not fact. Don't try to pass off your pessimistic view of this season as knowledge or fact, it just flat out depressing listening to you day after day. I guess in your mind, thats what make a real fan. The guy who can depress a whole group of people!! :koolaid:

Reply if u like, I will find the ignore button!!

Thanks, I will reply. If only to say that everything I've ever posted I've said is my guess or prediction. I've never said it's fact. You're either unwilling or unable to tell the difference.

And if someone saying that they're worried how the GM is doing, or that everyone's too excited about a pair of new coordinators, depresses you, you really need to grow up.

bwilliams
08-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Alcoholics go to meetings.

Responsible ones do. Irresponsible ones pretend getting drunk at a tailgate is the same as knowing what they're talking about.

Chiefster
08-27-2010, 11:43 AM

Quoted for truth! :chiefs:

figcrostic
08-27-2010, 11:52 AM
There are mostly good people here. Hell, there are great massively homer posters on here (Connie and Aussie come to mind).

I agree some of the rudest d-bags on this site, some people are cool but a lot of jerks that just call you stupid when you put a thread up. It's okay to argue but tell me why I'm wrong in detail don't just call me stupid or to shut the F-up.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Wow!!!!!

brdempsey69
08-27-2010, 12:04 PM
I agree some of the rudest d-bags on this site, some people are cool but a lot of jerks that just call you stupid when you put a thread up. It's okay to argue but tell me why I'm wrong in detail don't just call me stupid or to shut the F-up.

I, for one, respect the fact that men like yourself and bwilliams do come forth and express legit concerns regarding the Chiefs. Especially in light of the fact that this is a team that has won 10 games in 3 years.

Both of you have every right to post your legit concerns, even as the hopeful post their high hopes for Chiefs heading into the 2010. So don't let any flamers stop you. :D

Seek
08-27-2010, 12:27 PM

To me it seems like every thread that is closed has some of the same players in it every time. Maybe you should take the advice that many people have shared to all... and simply ignore the ruedest D-bags or jerks. By arguing back wth them, you put yourself in the same category of the people you are complaining about and doing so, burn bridges with any friends those people may also have on this site.

It is kind of hard for people to disagree with you in detail when they see the same rude D-bag response from you. They are already defesive in their response to you.

figcrostic
08-27-2010, 01:29 PM
To me it seems like every thread that is closed has some of the same players in it every time. Maybe you should take the advice that many people have shared to all... and simply ignore the ruedest D-bags or jerks. By arguing back wth them, you put yourself in the same category of the people you are complaining about and doing so, burn bridges with any friends those people may also have on this site.

It is kind of hard for people to disagree with you in detail when they see the same rude D-bag response from you. They are already defesive in their response to you.

I agree I need to start ignoring these people but I have always said rude things in response. Basically I don't start the fights I just finish them, but I agree that's not a good mentality to have but it's hard to stop when someone is calling you an F-ing Dumb ace for just sharing your thoughts.

Chiefster
08-27-2010, 01:51 PM
I agree I need to start ignoring these people but I have always said rude things in response. Basically I don't start the fights I just finish them, but I agree that's not a good mentality to have but it's hard to stop when someone is calling you an F-ing Dumb ace for just sharing your thoughts.

Because we mods are human, I know - it's difficult to fathom, we do not always catch everything that's posted which my be in violation to the rules. So, I just wanted to, once again, reiterate another one of the Crowds little known secrets; that being the "Report Post" feature located at the upper right hand corner of each post. Click on the icon that resembles a triangle and the post will be sent to the mods, and if the post is deemed to be in violation of board rules then action will be taken. I know, I've seen me do it. :D

rodu
08-27-2010, 03:28 PM
this thread is awesome!!:lol:

Canada
08-27-2010, 03:48 PM
I, for one, respect the fact that men like yourself and bwilliams do come forth and express legit concerns regarding the Chiefs. Especially in light of the fact that this is a team that has won 10 games in 3 years.

Both of you have every right to post your legit concerns, even as the hopeful post their high hopes for Chiefs heading into the 2010. So don't let any flamers stop you. :D

I get legit complaints, but complaining about Weis and Crennel? You really think that is legit?

figcrostic
08-27-2010, 03:52 PM
I get legit complaints, but complaining about Weis and Crennel? You really think that is legit?

Who did that?

figcrostic
08-27-2010, 03:53 PM
this thread is awesome!!:lol:

Thanks glad you enjoyed it

Canada
08-27-2010, 04:05 PM

Our draft picks last season were looking good at this point. How'd that turn out (Mr. Irrelevant excluded)?:bananen_smilies046:To me this is nit picking for the sake of having something to complain about. I honestly have a hard time believing that anyone think out coordinators are a weak spot on the team right now. Have doubts about the untested guys, I get it. But this is really grasping at straws if you ask me.

figcrostic
08-27-2010, 04:30 PM
:bananen_smilies046:To me this is nit picking for the sake of having something to complain about. I honestly have a hard time believing that anyone think out coordinators are a weak spot on the team right now. Have doubts about the untested guys, I get it. But this is really grasping at straws if you ask me.

In my opinion our coordinators are one of the bright spots, but I do agree with Mr. Williams that they are human and therefor have their faults. I think they will serve us well, but if they do not I will certainly voice my opinion.

Canada
08-27-2010, 04:36 PM
In my opinion our coordinators are one of the bright spots, but I do agree with Mr. Williams that they are human and therefor have their faults. I think they will serve us well, but if they do not I will certainly voice my opinion.

And if they don't then I believe everyone has a right to voice their opinion. But why bring it up now? Like you say it is a bright spot, why argue that? I just don't get it, if there is a wait and see attitude then why dont we wait and see what the whole team is going to do. ANd if we are going to speculate on things that may be wrong (olne, dline, WRs dropping balls, etc) there are plenty of things to speculate on but why try and turn everything bad or cast a shadow of doubt at every opportunity?

Contrary to popular belief I do not turn a blind eye to the problems, they have presented themselves over the last three years and I am as disgusted as the next guy, but we are now 2 and a half weeks away from MNF in our new stadium and a lot of people are getting excited to about the upcoming season and I guess it just gets to be sh!tty coming on here and hearing the same sh!t over and over. Is there really no reason to get excited about the upcoming season?

I have not seen any threads saying Jamaal Charles could get close to 2k yards this year. D Bowe will get 1000yards, Thomas Jones will get 20tds etc. Its all doom and gloom

figcrostic
08-27-2010, 04:46 PM
And if they don't then I believe everyone has a right to voice their opinion. But why bring it up now? Like you say it is a bright spot, why argue that? I just don't get it, if there is a wait and see attitude then why dont we wait and see what the whole team is going to do. ANd if we are going to speculate on things that may be wrong (olne, dline, WRs dropping balls, etc) there are plenty of things to speculate on but why try and turn everything bad or cast a shadow of doubt at every opportunity?

Contrary to popular belief I do not turn a blind eye to the problems, they have presented themselves over the last three years and I am as disgusted as the next guy, but we are now 2 and a half weeks away from MNF in our new stadium and a lot of people are getting excited to about the upcoming season and I guess it just gets to be sh!tty coming on here and hearing the same sh!t over and over. Is there really no reason to get excited about the upcoming season?

I have not seen any threads saying Jamaal Charles could get close to 2k yards this year. D Bowe will get 1000yards, Thomas Jones will get 20tds etc. Its all doom and gloom

I just made an analysis thread on the team and it was fairly positive. I don't think Jamaal will get 2k yards in a 2 rb system if it were just him then I think he definetly could, I think Bowe will get over 1k yards and Chambers will as well. It's the preseason, we had a horrible last couple years, we are all termpermental, when the regular season comes around and we have a decent showing things will brighten up.

Canada
08-27-2010, 04:48 PM
I just made an analysis thread on the team and it was fairly positive. I don't think Jamaal will get 2k yards in a 2 rb system if it were just him then I think he definetly could, I think Bowe will get over 1k yards and Chambers will as well. It's the preseason, we had a horrible last couple years, we are all termpermental, when the regular season comes around and we have a decent showing things will brighten up.

I know, it always does. :bananen_smilies046:

bwilliams
08-27-2010, 04:57 PM
:bananen_smilies046:To me this is nit picking for the sake of having something to complain about. I honestly have a hard time believing that anyone think out coordinators are a weak spot on the team right now. Have doubts about the untested guys, I get it. But this is really grasping at straws if you ask me.

What are you talking about? When did I say they were a weak spot of the team? Hell, I didn't even bring them up. When I mentioned that I didn't have big worries about Haley but I did about Pioli, someone said that was ridiculous because Pioli had hired such great coordinators. I said that we have no idea how good they'll be, and that's it's premature to start saying they'll be great for us. I said many times that they could turn out terrific, but we need to see them in action first.

You're reading what you want to read. You aren't reading what's written down.

brdempsey69
08-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Do consider that seemingly all the Bill Belicheck disciples have failed miserably wherever they have went and the concerns are legit.

figcrostic
08-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Do consider that seemingly all the Bill Belicheck disciples have failed miserably wherever they have went and the concerns are legit.

That is a definitely a legit point I will give them the benefit of the doubt but that seems to be the trend.

Canada
08-27-2010, 05:34 PM

they also were part of two SB winning teams prior to the Belichick era. You can make anything sound like a legit claim with speculation if you like.

matthewschiefs
08-27-2010, 05:55 PM

They failed as Head coaches. That is not going to be there job in Kc. I don't put much into what they did as head coaches.

brdempsey69
08-27-2010, 06:02 PM
They failed as Head coaches. That is not going to be there job in Kc. I don't put much into what they did as head coaches.

There have been others that have failed as assistant coaches as well. Bottom line is that it's a wait and see situation and for now, and like figcrostic said, for now I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but by the same token it ain't hard to understand the skepticism of others, as success elsewhere don't guarantee success with the Chiefs, so you and Canada should not let the skeptics bother you. We will all have to wait and see how it plays out.

matthewschiefs
08-27-2010, 06:18 PM
There have been others that have failed as assistant coaches as well. Bottom line is that it's a wait and see situation and for now, and like figcrostic said, for now I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but by the same token it ain't hard to understand the skepticism of others, as success elsewhere don't guarantee success with the Chiefs, so you and Canada should not let the skeptics bother you. We will all have to wait and see how it plays out.

I do understand that its a wait and see. I have never said that I no for sure that they will work. I just don't understand the logic behind saying they were not good head coaches outside new england so it must have all been Billcheck there. And yes others have failed that doesn't mean anything. Right now all that we can go on is what we have seen . And there is no reason to doubt or think they were good hires at this point since we have not played one real down. I just think to doubt you first should have a reason to doubt.

STLChiefs
08-27-2010, 09:36 PM

Uhh.. Not that i'm a fan of them or anything but the Royals have won a WS more recently than 40 years.

chief31
08-27-2010, 09:48 PM

Fair enough. But is their job going to be Bellichick assistants?

That is the job that they are best known for, right?

I do understand that its a wait and see. I have never said that I no for sure that they will work. I just don't understand the logic behind saying they were not good head coaches outside new england so it must have all been Billcheck there.(He has done pretty well even with a revolving door of assistants, hasn't he?) And yes others have failed that doesn't mean anything. Right now all that we can go on is what we have seen . And there is no reason to doubt or think they were good hires at this point since we have not played one real down. I just think to doubt you first should have a reason to doubt.

Just because you don't agree with someone's reasons for doubting, does not mean that there is not one.

There is.

The fact that they have not proven themselves as Haley's assistants is reason enough to have doubts.

Who did that?

Nobody. Just a bit of overreaction here.

Anyway...

Most who know me here know that I am very pleased with the effort in signing our new cordinators.

But I am not foolish enough to have no doubts about them.

I find the fact that both failed as HCs is directly relevant to their abilities as corrdinators here.

Weiss was able to generate an offense at ND. So he gets some added credibility. He has success with offense aside from with bellichick. That's petty big for me.

Not to mention tha I like him as a "buffer" between Haley and players.

However, it wasn't enough to win so many games as to save his job. So it isn't entirely a plus for him.

And Crennel was unable to even put a solid defense on the field. That should be cause for some concern, for sure.

While I think that they will make improvments to this team, I feel like it is foolish to just dismiss all questions about their abilities to do so.

By the way....

I did not mention that both guys have won Super Bowls as coordinators, as that is common knowledge, and they have plenty of credibilty with me for it.

But that does not hold the same level of credibility that it would for a Bellichick, or a Bill Cowher, because they were able to prove their successes far more convincingly over many years.

But watch....

Every negative word that I put will be challenged. But let's see who complains about any of the positive remarks I made.

Oops. That didn't spoil it, did it?

matthewschiefs
08-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Just because you don't agree with someone's reasons for doubting, does not mean that there is not one.

There is.

The fact that they have not proven themselves as Haley's assistants is reason enough to have doubts.

Nobody. Just a bit of overreaction here.

The reason theres no reason to doubt is WE have not seen one REAL play. I don't understand going into thinking there going to fail.

chief31
08-27-2010, 10:11 PM
The reason theres no reason to doubt is WE have not seen one REAL play. I don't understand going into thinking there going to fail.

Doubt isn't the same as "thinking they are going to fail".

I liken doubt to uncertainty.

And I am uncertain.

Connie Jo
08-28-2010, 01:42 AM

I'm not an architect, although am very familiar with those architectural terms as a designer, and one having a passion for historical or period restoration/renovation. For privacy reasons you may not want to answer this question...how are you familiar with such architectural terminology? I'm simply curious, as most not connected in some way to architecture, wouldn't be familiar with such terminology.

Sorry for my choice of 'purple' highlighting...simply curious what it looked like in print, LOL.

Tisk, tisk...that's an unfair judgement. The majority of Chiefs fans, NFL fans overall for that matter...do often over indulge, or at least become buzzed when among fellow fans/friends watching or attending a game. Beer drinking and participating as a fan in most sports go hand & hand. Whether in agreement or not, it's simply a natural fact.

I understand that during heated debates insults and false judgements often occur naturally, so assume that's what has occurred in this debate. However, just in case you seriously think otherwise...I can assure you that Canada is a Chiefs fan in heart. In fact, in my own judgemental opinion...he is by far more a fan in heart than a majority of younger generation Chiefs fans I often come across these days.

In one of many conversations I've had with Canada related to our Chiefs...we discussed once upon a time when tailgating why he became a Chiefs fan. I will respectively let him be the one to share his story, if he chooses. However, I will say, that the emotion in his voice and facial expressions when telling me his story of how he became a Chiefs fan years ago...left absolutely no doubt that his passion and loyalty for our Chiefs is genuinely deep in his heart for life.

REP!! I hadn't read this far before responding with my replies above, but not surprised you and I had similar thoughts with replying, hahaha. :)

My reaction to this post is absolutely not related to finding humor in an insult directed at a friend, Canada. However, when reading your post above, I was reminded of how many "girlfriends", and wives too for that matter...that I've known & do know...who are EXACTLY as you described!!

Thank you...I think, haha.

Shoot though, I've never once felt that any member of Chiefs Crowd "drags things down". The internet forum reality is, that heated debates and/or "drama" as some call it = ratings, or views. It's human nature, readers may not participate, but they will read with interest held. This is why daytime soaps, reality TV, etc....are so popular. Internet conflict is a natural magnet drawing interest naturally.

I agree. Not only do I respect the right of others to have opposing opinions, but find them of interest, & enjoy the debate discussions. I don't, however, enjoy reading some of the personal character attack insults, that are thrown between members at times. That said, I've grown complacent somewhat...having spent almost a decade among Kid Rock fans throwing such at each other, and of much more severity than here.

hardcorechiefsfan
08-28-2010, 11:23 AM

LOL! As if the boyfriend would give a fig if his girfriend decided to go off and with the other girls to go off together and gossip.Canada is a true chiefs'-red fan!

Pro_Angler
08-28-2010, 11:56 AM
wow this has turned into a great thread.. Everyone getting melodramatic and trying to be so artistic with thier phrases. I love this site and i love you guys..(except figrastic).

Austin Avalon
08-29-2010, 08:11 PM
This thread has just reached level EPIC!

tornadospotter
08-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Indeed, this is a thread that is interesting! but we all need to remember, that we all Love the Chiefs, and it is just preseason! There is no need for name calling or fan bashing, just be a Chief's fan. Be disappointed in the team, or how the team is doing, but be a Chief. Call me a Homer, call me koolaid cover glasses fan, call me what ever you want! But the bottom line is, I Love the Chiefs! I will always be what I am, I do however have made some very good friends, on this site! The Chiefs Crowd! People I have had the opportunity to meet, and know them in person.

Chiefster
08-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Indeed, this is a thread that is interesting! but we all need to remember, that we all Love the Chiefs, and it is just preseason! There is no need for name calling or fan bashing, just be a Chief's fan. Be disappointed in the team, or how the team is doing, but be a Chief. Call me a Homer, call me koolaid cover glasses fan, call me what ever you want! But the bottom line is, I Love the Chiefs! I will always be what I am, I do however have made some very good friends, on this site! The Chiefs Crowd! People I have had the opportunity to meet, and know them in person.

...A great big THIS!

stricken721
08-30-2010, 12:49 AM
I nominate this a Thread of the Year candidate.
:sign0087:

Connie Jo
08-31-2010, 12:38 AM
wow this has turned into a great thread.. Everyone getting melodramatic and trying to be so artistic with thier phrases. I love this site and i love you guys..(except figrastic).

:lol:

Connie Jo
08-31-2010, 12:39 AM

REP!!!! :yahoo: