PDA

View Full Version : Same stadium, Same team, Same outcome.

wants to win
08-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Same stadium, Same team, Same outcome. Over and over and over and over and over again. Then repeat. For 47 years I've stood by em and I'll continue to. Why is beyond me. For the life of me I cant figure it out! God they just plain suck. yeah the defense showed a lilttle but the offense including Cassel is god awful. Horrible. Pitiful. :beer:

wildcat
08-28-2010, 10:32 AM
I think most of us are actually excited about the effort. Major positives:

-Our starters out played the Eagle's starters

-We put a lot of pressure on the QB and ended up with around 5 sacks

-This might be the biggest of all in my opinion...After a terrible start, we regained our composure and got back in the game. That's something we absolutely could not manage to do last year. After a bad start like that, it was like a snowball effect.

-We almost hung on with a 3rd string QB, remember our 2nd stringer was out. Palko, right now, does not look like a QB that should be on an NFL roster. Hopefully that will change with a little more experience.

-The Eagle's are a really good team and we showed a lot of improvement against them over last year.

hardcorechiefsfan
08-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Same stadium, Same team, Same outcome. Over and over and over and over and over again. Then repeat. For 47 years I've stood by em and I'll continue to. Why is beyond me. For the life of me I cant figure it out! God they just plain suck. yeah the defense showed a lilttle but the offense including Cassel is god awful. Horrible. Pitiful. :beer:

The preseason is nothing to go by because they have to let all the players play and some are cut from the team.
Smile.

rodu
08-28-2010, 10:35 AM
here we go again the sky is falling the sky is falling

hardcorechiefsfan
08-28-2010, 10:41 AM
:meow:

70 chiefsfan70
08-28-2010, 10:54 AM
I personally think we got lots going for us, I'm excited about the energy they are showing, The D looked very good,5 sacks, dont give up now my fellow chiefs fan, we are knocking on the door.

hardcorechiefsfan
08-28-2010, 10:56 AM
I personally think we got lots going for us, I'm excited about the energy they are showing, The D looked very good,5 sacks, dont give up now my fellow chiefs fan, we are knocking on the door.

Amen! That's what I like to hear

Pro_Angler
08-28-2010, 10:58 AM
My wife say's "WHY DO YOU PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS EVERY WEEKEND" she calls them the "Cardiac Chiefs" cause i'll end up having a heartattack during a game one time.

I stil watch them because they have and always will be my Chiefs No matter what!!

slc chief
08-28-2010, 11:00 AM
you are basing this of a preseason game if you have been watching them for 47 years i would think you would have a little more football knoweladge than that.sorry to sound harsh but the chief bashing on this forum is getting real old especially when they have not even played one regular season game.

hardcorechiefsfan
08-28-2010, 11:10 AM
That hits it on the nose, Proangler! For me its a love of the franchise, the chiefs, its in my blood. Yes I act like I'm on drugs or something but I love those guys. Even though they have had some(I use that word loosely) bad seasons and I know I've acted less than supportive of them on here, I can't imagine feeling the way I do about the chiefs - transferring that kind of feeling to another team.

brdempsey69
08-28-2010, 11:14 AM
I don't have high expectations for the 2010 season, but there will be some enjoyable moments as they are building a solid Defense. May take another year for the Offense to arrive.

Pro_Angler
08-28-2010, 11:18 AM
It seems as though we come in waves great D No offense, then we lose our D after DT died and our offense took off.. We should have won atleast 3 SB's in the nineties but won none, I am still confident we will win 3 in the next ten years. We are heading in the right direction for sure, this time we will have better balance and hopefully we will get a good QB cause we will need em.

wants to win
08-28-2010, 12:38 PM
you are basing this of a preseason game if you have been watching them for 47 years i would think you would have a little more football knoweladge than that.sorry to sound harsh but the chief bashing on this forum is getting real old especially when they have not even played one regular season game.

Ya'll are incredible. Take another drink from your half full cup while looking through your rose colored glasses.
You guys are like this is the first season of a new team in the NFL. Geez, wake up! Positives? The only positive was 300+ million on an Stadium upgrade which in comparison to the Royals Kauffman Stadium upgrade, well there is no comparison.
Cassel sucks bottom line. The only reason he's better than Croyle is that he doesn't get hurt as easy. They have no Quarterbacks. They have no wide receivers. They do have some decent running backs, there's a positive. Is that what we paid Cassel 60+million for is to hand the ball off? It amazes me how long we take to rebuild. Look at what Miami did in one year, but then again they have Parcels.
Funny thing is, I cant even sell my tickets because nobody will buy them. I offer them to friends and family and they laugh, they outright laugh. Now that's what I'm talking about.
I'm sorry for you Lamar.:banghead:

hometeam
08-28-2010, 12:41 PM
We actually won that game with first team vs first team.

We looked prety god overall except for the fact that we didnt stretch the field. Cassel did a good job dinking and dunking and for the first time I think ever actually threw the ball away. Sure he didnt get anything done long, and he probabaly never will, but overall we DID win the game 1s on 1s.

Canada
08-28-2010, 12:42 PM
5 sacks.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-28-2010, 12:46 PM
5 sacks.
According to some, 5 sacks just simply is not good enough. They shoulda had 10....

Instead of a tailgate party can we have a mosh pit party? I would love to whip some negative out of a few people!!!

Three7s
08-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Ya'll are incredible. Take another drink from your half full cup while looking through your rose colored glasses.
You guys are like this is the first season of a new team in the NFL. Geez, wake up! Positives? The only positive was 300+ million on an Stadium upgrade which in comparison to the Royals Kauffman Stadium upgrade, well there is no comparison.
Cassel sucks bottom line. The only reason he's better than Croyle is that he doesn't get hurt as easy. They have no Quarterbacks. They have no wide receivers. They do have some decent running backs, there's a positive. Is that what we paid Cassel 60+million for is to hand the ball off? It amazes me how long we take to rebuild. Look at what Miami did in one year, but then again they have Parcels.
Funny thing is, I cant even sell my tickets because nobody will buy them. I offer them to friends and family and they laugh, they outright laugh. Now that's what I'm talking about.
I'm sorry for you Lamar.:banghead:

It's funny that people like you don't pop up until the end of the game and the guys working at Walmart next week lose it for us. Where were you when our D was getting 5 sacks and we were showing that our starters could compete with the Eagles for over 3 quarters? Probably out thinking about how the Chiefs should lose it.

MDChiefs!
08-28-2010, 01:46 PM
I wont argue with you about Cassel, because I feel the same way, but like it or not, this team is rebuilding. And if we were rebuilding like Miami or Atlanta, like you want to compare us to, we would be good next year, and then decline the next. Thats not how were building this team.

This team wasnt even in football shape when Haley came into town. Because of Herms failure to address the offensive line and the QB position, Haley inherited a garbage team. A 2-14 team. Heck, he just now got his coordinators.

I think Haley is the best thing to happen to this team since Marty. He brings discipline, toughness, and a much tougher training camp than Herm :) If someone messes up he doesnt pat them on the back like Herm did. He doesnt give anyone a free passes. Look at DJ for example. We got more out of him this year as a situational player, than we ever have as him as a starter...because Haley didnt give him a free pass to **** up just because he was a first round pick. Patience Grasshopper. Building a team the right way takes time.

And I guess I dont have to mention that its preseason and were still evaluating one on one matchups, so were not scheming too much...

wants to win
08-28-2010, 02:19 PM
It's funny that people like you don't pop up until the end of the game and the guys working at Walmart next week lose it for us. Where were you when our D was getting 5 sacks and we were showing that our starters could compete with the Eagles for over 3 quarters? Probably out thinking about how the Chiefs should lose it.

Give me Dick Vermeil and 40+ points per game. They were fun to watch and entertaining. I'd much rather have a winning season year after year with no Super Bowls then have this crap we've been stuck with for the last 6 years. They should change their name to the Kansas City Losers.....no wait thats the Royals too. And for those who have not figured it out yet. In New England, it wasnt Pioli. It was Belichick. :D

Ryfo18
08-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Give me Dick Vermeil and 40+ points per game. They were fun to watch and entertaining. I'd much rather have a winning season year after year with no Super Bowls then have this crap we've been stuck with for the last 6 years. They should change their name to the Kansas City Losers.....no wait thats the Royals too. And for those who have not figured it out yet. In New England, it wasnt Pioli. It was Belichick. :D

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/08/37.jpg (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

jacko58
08-28-2010, 02:42 PM
wow yea there horrible its like were playing vanilla with some new weapons like its the preseason.....oh wait..... oh it is the preseason???/ oh well why exactly we hitting the panic button already? I don't know either. I don't know what game you were watching but defensive I loved them. A couple brake downs and a last second drive but ALOT of pressure. Alot of pressure, how many times have we said that. This defense could surprise alot of people this year. (STUD)ebaker I love this kid. He looked like a young great vrabel hes looking like a starter. hali dj demorrio and vrabel/studebaker i like it. The d line didn't get pushed around and eric berry and kendrick lewis look good. Im excited for this d. Offensively were trying to find what were gonna do weapon wise. Jamaals gonna be lightning don't worry bout that first play fumble. McCluster is gonna be a second blast of lightning those two are exciting!!!!. Bowes gonna prove people wrong moeki will be our tight end soon. Lines gonna jell don't worry about it. Our special teams are gonna be deep. Returner? weve got atleast four of them arenas looking like the man but also jamaal and mccluster i mean wow. Look at the highlists. stadium looks great i can't wait for the monday night game!!!!

wants to win
08-28-2010, 02:43 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/08/37.jpg (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

Your favorite player is listed as Dwayne hands of stone Bowe? Nuff said. Come back when you have more to contribute.

jacko58
08-28-2010, 02:44 PM

last six years hmm,,, let me count one year with todd haley,, three with herm,,, so you didn't like the final year with dick?

wants to win
08-28-2010, 02:45 PM
wow yea there horrible its like were playing vanilla with some new weapons like its the preseason.....oh wait..... oh it is the preseason???/ oh well why exactly we hitting the panic button already? I don't know either. I don't know what game you were watching but defensive I loved them. A couple brake downs and a last second drive but ALOT of pressure. Alot of pressure, how many times have we said that. This defense could surprise alot of people this year. (STUD)ebaker I love this kid. He looked like a young great vrabel hes looking like a starter. hali dj demorrio and vrabel/studebaker i like it. The d line didn't get pushed around and eric berry and kendrick lewis look good. Im excited for this d. Offensively were trying to find what were gonna do weapon wise. Jamaals gonna be lightning don't worry bout that first play fumble. McCluster is gonna be a second blast of lightning those two are exciting!!!!. Bowes gonna prove people wrong moeki will be our tight end soon. Lines gonna jell don't worry about it. Our special teams are gonna be deep. Returner? weve got atleast four of them arenas looking like the man but also jamaal and mccluster i mean wow. Look at the highlists. stadium looks great i can't wait for the monday night game!!!!

Can't wait for another National TV embarrassment. Good thing the announcers will have something (the stadium) to talk about.

jacko58
08-28-2010, 02:49 PM
im gonna make a forum just for you fans... gonna be the fair weather fans... or the kc crybaby fans club....or the dumb s$*t fan site. tell me what you like best wants to win.

Ryfo18
08-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Your favorite player is listed as Dwayne hands of stone Bowe? Nuff said. Come back when you have more to contribute.

I contribute a lot to these forums. You come in here and post a rant with your first post, and then go in to call your so called favorite team "Losers." If anything, the Chiefs starters beat a team that we got crushed by last year. I've seen nothing but good out of Pioli's picks this year.

You should be happy I gave you a prize.

wants to win
08-28-2010, 02:52 PM
last six years hmm,,, let me count one year with todd haley,, three with herm,,, so you didn't like the final year with dick?

No not really. I was saddened by the Trent Green injury.

Ryfo18
08-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Also, why do you care who my favorite player is? If there is a person every Chiefs fan is required to have as their favorite player, please let me know.

wants to win
08-28-2010, 02:55 PM
I contribute a lot to these forums. You come in here and post a rant with your first post, and then go in to call your so called favorite team "Losers." If anything, the Chiefs starters beat a team that we got crushed by last year. I've seen nothing but good out of Pioli's picks this year.

You should be happy I gave you a prize.

Starters didnt beat anybody. At the end of the day, it was still a big "L". No wait it's preseason. Let's just sluff off loosing because it's preseason. No one will care. Winners win and loosers loose. Anytime, anywhere. True that.

jacko58
08-28-2010, 02:59 PM
how many oreseason games have the colts won in the past four years there bud? i believe its something like two games so 2-14?? wow yea that kinda kills ur big L idea

Ryfo18
08-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Starters didnt beat anybody. At the end of the day, it was still a big "L". No wait it's preseason. Let's just sluff off loosing because it's preseason. No one will care. Winners win and loosers loose. Anytime, anywhere. True that.

No actually the starters won 14-13. The preseason does wins/losses mean jack. The Colts have won only 16 preseason games since 2000, second fewest out of all teams. Still think preseason matters?

Also, what is a looser, and how does one go about loosing?

jacko58
08-28-2010, 03:06 PM
the detroit lions were four and zero the year they went 0-16 likes to win we are all stupider for listening to you rant may god have mercy on ur soul

slc chief
08-28-2010, 03:21 PM

be gone troll you are probably some lame donkeys fan. who knows his team is garbage this year. so you come on this forum put lanier as your favorite player to cover up your true identity.if you think the chiefs are such losers why would you spend your time going out of your way only to bash them on the internet who is the loser. be gone donkeys fan

wants to win
08-28-2010, 03:25 PM
No actually the starters won 14-13. The preseason does wins/losses mean jack. The Colts have won only 16 preseason games since 2000, second fewest out of all teams. Still think preseason matters?

Also, what is a looser, and how does one go about loosing?

Awww, cant wait till Monday night so we can put all this preseason crap behind us. Week one complete, Chiefs 0-1. What's your excuse going to be then?

chief31
08-28-2010, 03:28 PM
No not really. I was saddened by the Trent Green injury.

That is incorrect. Green was injured during Herm's first season here, 2006.

Therefore, I believe you meant, either four, or five seasons, instead of six.

Four if you were Ok with making the playoffs in '06, Herm's first season. Or Five if you meant to disclude that year.

But both of those numbers are also including a season that has yet to occur, 2010.

We have had three bad seasons in a row. Not six.

stricken721
08-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Awww, cant wait till Monday night so we can put all this preseason crap behind us. Week one complete, Chiefs 0-1. What's your excuse going to be then?

With that little font and little faith in your team your posts are really hard to read. But let me say this.. Come MNF Arrowhead is going to be packed and we as fans will play a huge part in that victory. When the crowd got into the game last night that D stepped it up. You just have to have some faith in this team.

wants to win
08-28-2010, 03:32 PM
That is incorrect. Green was injured during Herm's first season here, 2006.

Therefore, I believe you meant, either four, or five seasons, instead of six.

Four if you were Ok with making the playoffs in '06, Herm's first season. Or Five if you meant to disclude that year.

But both of those numbers are also including a season that has yet to occur, 2010.

We have had three bad seasons in a row. Not six.

I stand corrected. I do recall Herm and the dreaded White uniforms on his first home game. Poor Trent. And OK maybe three bad seasons seem like six to me. Sorry. :toast2:

wants to win
08-28-2010, 03:34 PM
With that little font and little faith in your team your posts are really hard to read. But let me say this.. Come MNF Arrowhead is going to be packed and we as fans will play a huge part in that victory. When the crowd got into the game last night that D stepped it up. You just have to have some faith in this team.

Your kiddin me right? Please say you are. There was a time when you would be absolutly correct and thats why Arrowhead is doubbed the Loudest Stadium in the NFL. But, alas those days are long gone.

stricken721
08-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Your kiddin me right? Please say you are. There was a time when you would be absolutly correct and thats why Arrowhead is doubbed the Loudest Stadium in the NFL. But, alas those days are long gone.

No I'm not kidding. The fans still play a part. Arrowhead is going to be full capacity for the first time in how long? It's going to be a nationally televised game.. people are going to be excited. Those days aren't gone.. they may have been absent a few times the past 3 years but they're not gone.

jacko58
08-28-2010, 03:44 PM
u know why arrowhead hasnt been the same? because of fans like you dude. arrowheads gonna be full of (real fans) monday night were gonna be louder then ever chop it up chief fans!!

chief31
08-28-2010, 03:44 PM
I stand corrected. I do recall Herm and the dreaded White uniforms on his first home game. Poor Trent. And OK maybe three bad seasons seem like six to me. Sorry. :toast2:

I understand the feeling. :bananen_smilies046:

And, while I most definitely have my doubts about how this team is being built, I do see some things that may be able to get things going better.

If you remember the Vermiel years, then perhaps you can look back at his first two seasons with us. We were pretty terrible.

I feel as though Haley was given a good head start with the previous drafts. But there were some pretty significant disadvantages.

I do nopt THINK that they are getting it right. But I will wait and see for sure.

Sn@keIze
08-28-2010, 04:02 PM
i understand your frustation.

just got to hang in there.

i know its just preseason, but i feel reality will check in again when the season starts. and we just wont be able to compete. Mainly the reason think this is we dont have the main anchor for a 3-4. I actually think our offense will compete, (even with Cassell ) do to the electric running backs we have.

Im not trying to be debbie downer here, but Chiefs have let me down enough and am afraid to get my hopes up.

slc chief
08-28-2010, 04:10 PM

even if they did lose wich there not. there is 16 games in a year call them a crappy team at least 8 games into it.you obviously do not know football based on your posts be gone troll

matthewschiefs
08-28-2010, 04:11 PM

The offense is defently going to be the weak point of this team I think. But I think that this team is much better on the defensive side of the ball and our SP teams units are good. I think this team is much better then the teams that we have seen over the last few years I no thats not saying much but it's a start.

Three7s
08-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Fans like him just like being negative. Some are optimistic at all times, some are negative at all times. I remember when I was extremely negative after the 08 preseason game against the Dolphins.

We got trucked in that one, and you guessed it, that was the third game. Most everyone was crying because it was the Dolphins, who turned out to be pretty good, but the point being, you NEVER want to play bad in the third game.

That being said, if we went out and laid an egg against the Eagles, I would be pretty negative, and everyone here would know about it, but imo, we didn't play bad at all against the Eagles. Yes, the offense needs work, and hopefully they'll find their rhythm soon, but the defense really showed their stuff.

Now if we start the season and stink it up, then that's how it is, but going by this game, no reason to start being negative and saying the season is over just yet.

matthewschiefs
08-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Fans like him just like being negative. Some are optimistic at all times, some are negative at all times. I remember when I was extremely negative after the 08 preseason game against the Dolphins.

We got trucked in that one, and you guessed it, that was the third game. Most everyone was crying because it was the Dolphins, who turned out to be pretty good, but the point being, you NEVER want to play bad in the third game.

That being said, if we went out and laid an egg against the Eagles, I would be pretty negative, and everyone here would know about it, but imo, we didn't play bad at all against the Eagles. Yes, the offense needs work, and hopefully they'll find their rhythm soon, but the defense really showed their stuff.

Now if we start the season and stink it up, then that's how it is, but going by this game, no reason to start being negative and saying the season is over just yet.

If you looked at when we played them last season and this year you see a much better outing by the Chiefs. Our D controlled most the game. Our 2nd string just blew it in the end. Come the real season they won't all be in the game at the end when it counts. Last night was a good outing by the D. Offense needs to keep working to get it together for week 1. But even they had there moments when they went into hurry up mode. I think this team is going to be ok. :chiefs:

tipidweller
08-28-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm sick of how many negative chiefs fans there are out there. Do they think that is helping our team get better? Do you think think the players don't read this stuff? Does this boost morale? And do you think that when the players hear boos in the stands, that encourages them to play harder? Our team was DESTROYED by the previous regime. You can't expect everything to be fixed in a year! Yes there a few elements that need attention, but it only takes one or two broken cogs to make a machine not run right. I think all things considered were doing great. As for Cassel, remember, he did pretty damn good with a good supporting cast in new England. He can gEt the job done. Just be loyal, give our boys a chance, and if you can't, just shut up about it! Real chiefs fans don't care what you have to say..... You're not a real fan.

kcnation
08-28-2010, 05:05 PM
if we can all see that cassel is not the qb we need and want why can't the management see this also.he has proven now that he cannot run a nfl offense.we need a good qb whos been in the league about 5 years and they need to screw their heads on straight

as far as our draft picks go,i like what they have all done,i was not high on cCcluster when drafted but i really like him not and the others

matthewschiefs
08-28-2010, 05:20 PM
if we can all see that cassel is not the qb we need and want why can't the management see this also.he has proven now that he cannot run a nfl offense.we need a good qb whos been in the league about 5 years and they need to screw their heads on straight

as far as our draft picks go,i like what they have all done,i was not high on cCcluster when drafted but i really like him not and the others

I have not seen anything that says that Cassel can't run an nfl offense. Has the offense looked really bad at times yes is that all Cassels fault no. There has been protection breakdowns and drops that have hurt the offense. I still have hopes for Cassel but he's going to have to show something soon for the hope the keep high.

MDChiefs!
08-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Dont tell someone they are not a real fan just because they are being negative and they dont share your opinion. These boards are for sharing opinions, dont ruin it for everyone. I cant believe how much of this still goes on here.

And can you really blame one for being negative? Cassel is still making rookie mistakes after hes been a professional for 5 years now. Im pretty pessimistic about him too. He has zero pocket presence and looks lost in the pocket, doesnt step up when he needs to, hes indecisive, and he gets happy feet and panics when the pocket breaks down, usually resulting in a sack, or a throw into triple coverage, like last night. And none of that has anything to do with our improved o-line or the new QB friendly dink and dunk offense were running.

I'm sick of how many negative chiefs fans there are out there. Do they think that is helping our team get better? Do you think think the players don't read this stuff? Does this boost morale? And do you think that when the players hear boos in the stands, that encourages them to play harder? Our team was DESTROYED by the previous regime. You can't expect everything to be fixed in a year! Yes there a few elements that need attention, but it only takes one or two broken cogs to make a machine not run right. I think all things considered were doing great. As for Cassel, remember, he did pretty damn good with a good supporting cast in new England. He can gEt the job done. Just be loyal, give our boys a chance, and if you can't, just shut up about it! Real chiefs fans don't care what you have to say..... You're not a real fan.

Pro_Angler
08-28-2010, 05:58 PM
want to win isnt even a chiefs fan..FYI..hes a troll probably from denver

brdempsey69
08-28-2010, 06:16 PM

Pardon me, but I've been a Chiefs fan for more than twice as long as you. I prefer to look at this team with a sense of diplomacy & a sense of realism -- not the head-up-the-arse approach of pretending that everything is OK when it isn't.

The O-Line needs upgraded, Cassel needs to step up his game, and Chiefs fans need to quit worshipping Eric Berry as though he's infallable -- he's not, as Berry whiffed on that TD run last night by Eagles RB LeSean McCoy. Run Defense is still a concern and I can go on and on. You can call it negativity if you want, but I'm simply telling it like it is.

matthewschiefs
08-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Pardon me, but I've been a Chiefs fan for more than twice as long as you. I prefer to look at this team with a sense of diplomacy & a sense of realism -- not the head-up-the-arse approach of pretending that everything is OK when it isn't.

The O-Line needs upgraded, Cassel needs to step up his game, and Chiefs fans need to quit worshipping Eric Berry as though he's infallable -- he's not, as Berry whiffed on that TD run last night by Eagles RB LeSean McCoy. Run Defense is still a concern and I can go on and on. You can call it negativity if you want, but I'm simply telling it like it is.

I agree on alot of what you said to an extent. The O line is still not near what it needs to be but go back and look at the O line at the start of last season. I think we are far ahead of that. Run D has had there moments and there plays they would like to have back but again go back to last season and its far ahead.

I don't think that anyone has said that Berry won't make his mistakes. He is a rookie that is going to happen with any rookie. No matter what postion he may play. I was not 100% on board with many of our draft picks at the time but they are showing me something. Look at our draft Arenas if nothing eles has given us something on kick returns so we won't be starting in the shadow of our own goal line. Mccluseter is showing what he can do. Berry has looked good for the most part. From last season I think this team is FAR FAR ahead of then and that is all we can ask for IMO.

Drunker Hillbilly
08-28-2010, 07:48 PM

We HAVE to find a way to eliminate these Raider fans before they are able to create a name.

jacko58
08-29-2010, 02:36 AM
Pardon me, but I've been a Chiefs fan for more than twice as long as you. I prefer to look at this team with a sense of diplomacy & a sense of realism -- not the head-up-the-arse approach of pretending that everything is OK when it isn't. is.

i think im going to start by apolgising to any true chiefs fans who might of taken my message as a flowers and rainbows kinda message, it definately shouldnt be taken that way. my point in this thread is that unlike the herm era where we were a absolute mess when everything we loved from the vermeil era, you could find issues with all our eras back to hank stram. my points are theres alot to be excited about. believe me im not usually flowers and rainbows but i see promise. im just ready to get out of the herm edwards dark days and move back into the light. yes our lines questions havent been answered, u either believe in cassel or hate his guts. same with bowe. do i believe in our d? i hated the tyson jackson pick but i dont call someone a bust after one season,dorsey could show up as a run stoper and i hate all our nt. so yes were not super bowl champs but sept 13th i wouldnt be surprised to see us punch the chargers right in the jaw, but also wouldnt be horribly surprised if we show up and self destruct. im trying to go out on a limb and be excited to kick this year off. i apologies if i affended fellow chief fans

Chiefster
08-29-2010, 02:48 AM
i think im going to start by apolgising to any true chiefs fans who might of taken my message as a flowers and rainbows kinda message, it definately shouldnt be taken that way. my point in this thread is that unlike the herm era where we were a absolute mess when everything we loved from the vermeil era, you could find issues with all our eras back to hank stram. my points are theres alot to be excited about. believe me im not usually flowers and rainbows but i see promise. im just ready to get out of the herm edwards dark days and move back into the light. yes our lines questions havent been answered, u either believe in cassel or hate his guts. same with bowe. do i believe in our d? i hated the tyson jackson pick but i dont call someone a bust after one season,dorsey could show up as a run stoper and i hate all our nt. so yes were not super bowl champs but sept 13th i wouldnt be surprised to see us punch the chargers right in the jaw, but also wouldnt be horribly surprised if we show up and self destruct. im trying to go out on a limb and be excited to kick this year off. i apologies if i affended fellow chief fans

I'm always cautiously optimistic at the begining of the season that perhaps there's potential to do well until proven otherwise. :D

AussieChiefsFan
08-29-2010, 04:41 AM
I think most of us are actually excited about the effort. Major positives:

-Our starters out played the Eagle's starters

-We put a lot of pressure on the QB and ended up with around 5 sacks

-This might be the biggest of all in my opinion...After a terrible start, we regained our composure and got back in the game. That's something we absolutely could not manage to do last year. After a bad start like that, it was like a snowball effect.

-We almost hung on with a 3rd string QB, remember our 2nd stringer was out. Palko, right now, does not look like a QB that should be on an NFL roster. Hopefully that will change with a little more experience.

-The Eagle's are a really good team and we showed a lot of improvement against them over last year.
:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
08-29-2010, 10:47 AM

You are only telling half of what it is. Do you not see some positives too? It seems to me that most people overlook anything good with this team and then point out the same glaring needs we have and then call it "reality" You are not telling it like it is. There is another side to the story you are telling, Berry also lit up two players (RB and FB) in the ATL game at the same time on one play. How come you didnt bring that up? Just his missed tackle. Ronnie Lott missed a tackle in his rookie year too...is he bad? I just wish people would give it a chance this year instead of screaming that the sky is falling in Week 3 of the preseason. I know, there has been disappointment before, we have all been through it but some recognition of the bright spots would be nice too. (not saying you in particular, just in general) :bananen_smilies046:

wolfpack
08-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Hey i thought they played ok. almost won, the starters did win.
Going into this game against the eagles i thought we would have got our butt kicked. I was proud of them.

brdempsey69
08-29-2010, 11:51 AM
You are only telling half of what it is. Do you not see some positives too? It seems to me that most people overlook anything good with this team and then point out the same glaring needs we have and then call it "reality" You are not telling it like it is. There is another side to the story you are telling, Berry also lit up two players (RB and FB) in the ATL game at the same time on one play. How come you didnt bring that up? Just his missed tackle. Ronnie Lott missed a tackle in his rookie year too...is he bad? I just wish people would give it a chance this year instead of screaming that the sky is falling in Week 3 of the preseason. I know, there has been disappointment before, we have all been through it but some recognition of the bright spots would be nice too. (not saying you in particular, just in general) :bananen_smilies046:

No, I'm not seeing half of what is. I'm simply pointing out what is broken that needs to be fixed. I'm well aware of the teams positives & as I had posted in another thread, it was great to see the other QB getting decked while holding the ball in Friday's game. <-- There, you want a positive, there it is.

Regarding Eric Berry, sure I could touch on the fact that he's made some good plays thus far, but it don't erase the missed tackle resulting in a TD for the opponent. That's not what the Chiefs gave him a 6-yr 60 million dollar contract for. For all that's worth they could've signed Jarad Page to a long-term deal for a lot less & he might very well have made that tackle. Outside of that play, Berry played well on Friday night, but guess what -- the Eagles rookie Safety Nate Allen played just as well, maybe even a little bit better.

Nobody is saying the sky is falling. The fact is the ship has already sunken with 10 wins in the last 3 years. I believe they have improved this offseason with a better coaching staff, some talented skill position players, DB's (including Berry, of course -- although I think the cost was too high regarding him), and their return game. Not sold on Haley as a head coach & I'm keeping an eye on Chan Gailey in Buffalo to see how Gailey does as a HC. It could very well be that Pioli hired the wrong guy.

matthewschiefs
08-29-2010, 12:17 PM
No, I'm not seeing half of what is. I'm simply pointing out what is broken that needs to be fixed. I'm well aware of the teams positives & as I had posted in another thread, it was great to see the other QB getting decked while holding the ball in Friday's game. <-- There, you want a positive, there it is.

Regarding Eric Berry, sure I could touch on the fact that he's made some good plays thus far, but it don't erase the missed tackle resulting in a TD for the opponent. That's not what the Chiefs gave him a 6-yr 60 million dollar contract for. For all that's worth they could've signed Jarad Page to a long-term deal for a lot less & he might very well have made that tackle. Outside of that play, Berry played well on Friday night, but guess what -- the Eagles rookie Safety Nate Allen played just as well, maybe even a little bit better.

Nobody is saying the sky is falling. The fact is the ship has already sunken with 10 wins in the last 3 years. I believe they have improved this offseason with a better coaching staff, some talented skill position players, DB's (including Berry, of course -- although I think the cost was too high regarding him), and their return game. Not sold on Haley as a head coach & I'm keeping an eye on Chan Gailey in Buffalo to see how Gailey does as a HC. It could very well be that Pioli hired the wrong guy.

Can we ask for more then improvement. We are not going to instantly become a great team. The key is to imporve each year until we are. And I think that we have improved. We just have to wait out the last tough years.

chief31
08-29-2010, 01:37 PM
I look at the team like a puzzle.

No need to point out the pieces that are in place. Need to get the pieces that aren't, to fit right.

How many times do we need to point out that we have Brandon Flowers at CB1?

Just because someone wants to identify the problems does not mean that they are negative.

matthewschiefs
08-29-2010, 01:44 PM

No need to point out the pieces that are in place. Need to get the pieces that aren't, to fit right.

Just because someone wants to identify the problems does not mean that they are negative.

I would agree with this. But some talk only about negtives. bwilliams has at least said some postives. There is nothing wrong with pointing out concerns but you can at least say one postive thing or two. :chiefs:

brdempsey69
08-29-2010, 01:52 PM

BINGO!! This^^. Thank you. Things can't be fixed if people pretend that there's nothing broken when there is.

brdempsey69
08-29-2010, 01:58 PM
I would agree with this. But some talk only about negtives. bwilliams has at least said some postives. There is nothing wrong with pointing out concerns but you can at least say one postive thing or two. :chiefs:

I'm sorry, but nobody has to sugar-coat anything if they don't want to. If people want to only post about what's broken & needs fixed, they have every right to do so & don't need anyones permission. If the truth hurts some people -- oh well.

chief31
08-29-2010, 07:32 PM

Well, at 0-3 so far in the preseason, I can understand why some may remain unconvinced and skeptical until some results start to emerge.

And saying that a person who has been here for only a day or two "talks only about the negatives." isn't entirely fair.

He hasn't had much of a chance to even settle in yet.

He just got here and is looking at a team that has gone 10-38 over the past three years, and 1-10 during the past three preseasons now.

The first thing that comes to mind might easily be "DAMN WE SUCK!!!!"

And I say let a fellow vent when he needs to. If you think about those W-L records long enough, you may want to vent yourself. :D

chief31
08-29-2010, 07:46 PM
I thought Cassel did well against The Eagles.

I think the first thing we want from him is for him to get used to getting rid of the ball quickly and accurately. 14/23 is pretty accurate.

Teach him to "dink and dunk", then, once he gets comfortable with that, add in one piece at a time.

Quick reacting is a very big step for Cassel. We are all aware of the situation he had in NE, where he regularly held the ball too long, getting sacked over 40 times behind The Patriots' O-line.

So learning to play in the fast lane is a very big deal in my eyes.

It's a slow process. But the Eagles game was a great first step in my opinion.

Canada
08-29-2010, 08:48 PM

Probably the same amount of times we need to hear about the roguh shape of our O line. Do you guys keep bringing up new things or is it the same old sh!t too? I dont see the difference

Canada
08-29-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry, but nobody has to sugar-coat anything if they don't want to. If people want to only post about what's broken & needs fixed, they have every right to do so & don't need anyones permission. If the truth hurts some people -- oh well.

Post whatever you want but expect some sort of backlash from some fans. Its gonna happen like it or not. I will never understand why some people think complaining about problems is just being realistic and pointing out the bright spots is just being a blind fan.

tornadospotter
08-29-2010, 09:25 PM
I will just say, only one game left, before it is serious. We are getting better, I am frustrated also, but I chose to believe. I am not happy with certain players, but I believe they will get better.

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

:ninerssuck: :sign0104:

kcnation
08-29-2010, 09:32 PM
has eric berry done anything this pre-season.i don't hear much about him and thats odd with him being a first round high draft pick.as far as the games ive seen i really have not seen him make an impact on the field.if im wrong please let me know as i can then be upbeat about him

brdempsey69
08-29-2010, 09:59 PM
has eric berry done anything this pre-season.i don't hear much about him and thats odd with him being a first round high draft pick.as far as the games ive seen i really have not seen him make an impact on the field.if im wrong please let me know as i can then be upbeat about him

Eric Berry has made some good tackles and had a nice pass breakup in the Philly game. He has made a silent impact on the Chiefs Pass-Defense as the overall coverage has been better & the only big passing play given up was due to a missed tackle in the TB game on a play where Berry was sent on a blitz. Done pretty good so far.

Sn@keIze
08-29-2010, 11:25 PM
check out this thread!

saw this on another chiefs forum...berry owns RB and FB - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14067)

matthewschiefs
08-30-2010, 01:11 AM

I never asked things to be sugar coated. There are issues on this team that I am concered about. Like the O line holding up and the pass rush till I see them step up in a real game I will not say I no for sure that they are going to be even as good as they have or bad as they have been at times this offseason. What I am saying is there are SOME on here that do nothing but say the negtives about this team. There has to be something that they like about this team all I am saying is they could mention it.

Ryfo18
08-30-2010, 10:02 AM
I think the worries about the O-line are way overblown. They O-line played very well in the latter half of 2009, and they've played well so far in the preseason (5 sacks in the 3 games, which puts them in the top 10). There are teams that have given up over 10 sacks in the preseason. I think the O-line has shown they can step up.

brdempsey69
08-30-2010, 11:24 AM
I never asked things to be sugar coated. There are issues on this team that I am concered about. Like the O line holding up and the pass rush till I see them step up in a real game I will not say I no for sure that they are going to be even as good as they have or bad as they have been at times this offseason. What I am saying is there are SOME on here that do nothing but say the negtives about this team. There has to be something that they like about this team all I am saying is they could mention it.

Simply try asking them what they like. They aren't going to necessarily go out of their way to mention it.

I don't think the concerns regarding the O-Line are overblown. They real reason for less sacks in the 2nd half of the 2009 season was because they were making Cassel throw the ball as soon as it was snapped to him, or giving the ball to Charles in situations where other teams would be throwing it. The downfield passing game was almost non-existant and has been non-existant this preseason. I really don't see any improvement in the pass-protection, as Cassel still can't take a 5 step drop and he has no confidence in his O-Line and looks like a cat on a hot tin roof.

I really believe that shoring up the O-Line is going to have to be a priority after this season. In the last 10 years the Chiefs have drafted only 2 O-Lineman (Albert & Asamoah) in the top 3 rounds of the draft & it's no mystery to me why they've only won 10 games in 3 years. The O-Line talent isn't there. Waters and Weigmann are on their last legs and may be done after this year & Albert would be a better Guard or RT than he is LT.

Ryfo18
08-30-2010, 11:33 AM
The Chiefs didn't have any problems moving the ball against a very good Eagles defense in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of the game. The offense has the 2nd most rushing yards per game in the preseason and there have only been 5 sacks. At the very least, that's a significant improvement from last year. Could we use some upgrades, sure. The important thing is that the offensive line is adjusting and getting better. The Eagles are perennial league leaders in sacks, and they had one against the Chiefs on Friday.

I don't care if he takes a 1-step drop every time. If they can move the ball and put points up, it makes no difference.

matthewschiefs
08-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Simply try asking them what they like. They aren't going to necessarily go out of their way to mention it.

I don't think the concerns regarding the O-Line are overblown. They real reason for less sacks in the 2nd half of the 2009 season was because they were making Cassel throw the ball as soon as it was snapped to him, or giving the ball to Charles in situations where other teams would be throwing it. The downfield passing game was almost non-existant and has been non-existant this preseason. I really don't see any improvement in the pass-protection, as Cassel still can't take a 5 step drop and he has no confidence in his O-Line and looks like a cat on a hot tin roof.

I really believe that shoring up the O-Line is going to have to be a priority after this season. In the last 10 years the Chiefs have drafted only 2 O-Lineman (Albert & Asamoah) in the top 3 rounds of the draft & it's no mystery to me why they've only won 10 games in 3 years. The O-Line talent isn't there. Waters and Weigmann are on their last legs and may be done after this year & Albert would be a better Guard or RT than he is LT.

The running game also is a reason why there were not as many sacks as there was at the start of last season.

But to me when we are talking improvement I think we have to look at last preseason. I think that there is clear progress from then. Last preseason was so bad that they changed the offense right before the season. I don't think that we will see that happen again this year.

brdempsey69
08-30-2010, 12:12 PM
The Chiefs didn't have any problems moving the ball against a very good Eagles defense in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of the game. The offense has the 2nd most rushing yards per game in the preseason and there have only been 5 sacks. At the very least, that's a significant improvement from last year. Could we use some upgrades, sure. The important thing is that the offensive line is adjusting and getting better. The Eagles are perennial league leaders in sacks, and they had one against the Chiefs on Friday.

I don't care if he takes a 1-step drop every time. If they can move the ball and put points up, it makes no difference.

The problem is there is no quick-strike capability, right now. And I can't ignore what happened on the Chiefs 2 scoring drives -- the first a questionable call giving the Chiefs a first down and the 2nd coming after an INT. Not to take anything from the Chiefs Offense as they cashed in, but there were about 5 three and outs prior to the 1st scoring drive. Dink and dunk all the time is not going to win many games.

matthewschiefs, I agree there has been progress with the O-Line since last year, but they are only a little bit better. They need to get a LOT better & if and when they do, you'll probably be purchasing post-season tickets.

matthewschiefs
08-30-2010, 12:18 PM
The problem is there is no quick-strike capability, right now. And I can't ignore what happened on the Chiefs 2 scoring drives -- the first a questionable call giving the Chiefs a first down and the 2nd coming after an INT. Not to take anything from the Chiefs Offense as they cashed in, but there were about 5 three and outs prior to the 1st scoring drive. Dink and dunk all the time is not going to win many games.

matthewschiefs, I agree there has been progress with the O-Line since last year, but they are only a little bit better. They need to get a LOT better & if and when they do, you'll probably be purchasing post-season tickets.

I would have to agree. And I think that going into next season we are going to have a much better O line. We fixed some other holes on this team comeing into this year. Next season I think that we are going to see the holes that we didn't fix this seaon.

brdempsey69
08-30-2010, 12:32 PM
I would have to agree. And I think that going into next season we are going to have a much better O line. We fixed some other holes on this team comeing into this year. Next season I think that we are going to see the holes that we didn't fix this season.

Defensive backfield holes were fixed at Safety and Romeo's defensive scheme will help the front 7. Skill position players on Offense look way better now than at this time last year -- it's not even remotely close.

As for the O-line, Asamoah was great pick in the 3rd round -- he's getting better each week -- but I hope they can get at least 2 more like him next offseason, maybe even 3.

matthewschiefs
08-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Defensive backfield holes were fixed at Safety and Romeo's defensive scheme will help the front 7. Skill position players on Offense look way better now than at this time last year -- it's not even remotely close.

As for the O-line, Asamoah was great pick in the 3rd round -- he's getting better each week -- but I hope they can get at least 2 more like him next offseason, maybe even 3.

That's what I am looking for next offseason. I think that this year we just brought in a couple of vets to get us through this season while we fixed the other holes. Next offseason if we don't make some bigger moves on the O line I will be shocked and kind of upset. lol

Pro_Angler
08-30-2010, 06:26 PM
berry is almost lie a lock down corner in a sense that teams will stay away from him, thats why you wont hear alot about him during games unless its bad, hes doing his job..

Three7s
08-30-2010, 06:36 PM
berry is almost lie a lock down corner in a sense that teams will stay away from him, thats why you wont hear alot about him during games unless its bad, hes doing his job..
Yep, that's why we almost never hear about Flowers, because QBs don't go after him. Call me crazy, but I think our defense might be a lot better than we thought. I'm talking 10-15 ranked area.

Offense.....I dunno. If anyone noticed during the game against the Eagles, or saw on replay, does anyone remember when Cassel missed Chambers in the 3rd quarter with around 10:00 left? Because I saw a WIIIIIIIDE open McCluster that would've had to slip on something to not go in for the TD if he had the ball. I really hope that Cassel was told to go to Chambers, because if not, I'm REALLY worried about Cassel.

chief31
08-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Probably the same amount of times we need to hear about the roguh shape of our O line. Do you guys keep bringing up new things or is it the same old sh!t too? I dont see the difference

Well, noone runs around complaining about every positive word mentioned, now do they?

How many people are being called Raider or Bronco fans because they think Eric Berry is going to be one of the best Safeties ever?

Is it "the same old sh*t" when you say something positive over and over?

You don't want to hear about the problems and complaints?

NAH!

You love to hear about it! Because you respond every time! It is like crack cocaine to you. You just can't stop.

Nothing interests you more than the opportunity to tell someone to shut up and to treat people like they are stupid.

You want to know why some call it "realist"? Because we have really been a 10-38 team over the past three years. So those who have thought the team was bad saw the real team.

Don't worry though. We all know that Canada will throw a fit anytime someone looks at our team objectively.

We are gonna do it anyway. And you are going to continue loving the opportunity to go all Neadertal on us for it.

As for the newer members who enjoy looking at our Chiefs objectively...

Go ahead. Share your thoughts. They are appreciated.

Not by all. But most will discuss things with you like grown-ups.

And then there are, what I like to refer to as, "trolls". They will see any little negative thought shared and jump on it like a fish on a worm.

Don't like that? Just don't bother with them.

Me? I'll play with a troll for a bit sometimes.

Ever wonder why the guy at the top of the site's page has a bright red face? He was enraged by talking with me. :sFl_canada2:

Let's play Neandertal-style, Canada.
UNGA-BUNGA!!!!!:efpge:

Canada
08-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Well, noone runs around complaining about every positive word mentioned, now do they?

How many people are being called Raider or Bronco fans because they think Eric Berry is going to be one of the best Safeties ever?

NAH!

You love to hear about it! Because you respond every time! It is like crack cocaine to you. You just can't stop.

Nothing interests you more than the opportunity to tell someone to shut up and to treat people like they are stupid.

You want to know why some call it "realist"? Because we have really been a 10-38 team over the past three years. So those who have thought the team was bad saw the real team.

Don't worry though. We all know that Canada will throw a fit anytime someone looks at our team objectively.

We are gonna do it anyway. And you are going to continue loving the opportunity to go all Neadertal on us for it.

And then there are, what I like to refer to as, "trolls". They will see any little negative thought shared and jump on it like a fish on a worm.

Ever wonder why the guy at the top of the site's page has a bright red face? He was enraged by talking with me. :sFl_canada2:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Still a little butt hurt I see. :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
08-30-2010, 11:52 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Still a little butt hurt I see. :bananen_smilies046:
Awww. No play?

Me want play!:meow:

Seriously...

Just trying to get ya to lighten up and get along again.

You used to be alot of fun here. Now, it seems, all I see from you is complaining about everyone else, with alot of exclamation points and rule-bending curse words.

You like to talk about how negative people are, well MAN!!!! I have never seen someone go from so fun-loving and upbeat to so completely sour all the time.

Even back then, there were guys complaining about the team in this way, or that.

Why not just leave it alone if you don't like it and can't talk about it without getting all riled up?

Canada
08-31-2010, 12:41 AM
What did I post in this thread that was so offensive?

Three7s
08-31-2010, 01:04 AM
chief31 quoted it, it was about how people keep bashing the OL. (I agree with you btw, I think our OL isn't THAT bad)

PawnshopMarimba
08-31-2010, 01:20 AM
Jeez, seriously? The Eagles game was one of the most encouraging games I've seen from this team apart from the Donkey Massacre last year. This team is legitimately moving in the right direction. 5 sacks? Are you serious? Can you remember the last time this team got 5 sacks in a game? I can't.

How about the fact that our starting defense held a very good offense to 10 points? Actually, more like 3 points, because that first possession for Philly started practically in the red zone.

How about the fact that we have an EXPLOSIVE kr/pr in Javier Arenas? Return yards are incredibly important, especially to anemic and streaky offenses. Field position wins games, and we've got a guy (that isn't our star HB) that can get us good field position.

I don't know how anyone could be discouraged at all by this loss. This franchise is making the right moves and is visibly improving. I love it.

tornadospotter
08-31-2010, 01:28 AM
Awww. No play?

Me want play!:meow:

Seriously...

Just trying to get ya to lighten up and get along again.

You used to be alot of fun here. Now, it seems, all I see from you is complaining about everyone else, with alot of exclamation points and rule-bending curse words.

You like to talk about how negative people are, well MAN!!!! I have never seen someone go from so fun-loving and upbeat to so completely sour all the time.

Even back then, there were guys complaining about the team in this way, or that.

Why not just leave it alone if you don't like it and can't talk about it without getting all riled up?

Because, Canada is like me! We Believe in the Chiefs! We are the Homers! We are the ones who off set the Pessimist. We believe that the Team will get better. We also understand we have needs, but we do not bash on the Team, that we have. I do show disappointment, and maybe down right anger, in the heat of a loss, but never do I, believe that we will not win the next game. We leave that to the pessimist. :lol:

Drunker Hillbilly
08-31-2010, 09:27 AM

NAH!

I think many are enraged when talking with you.

matthewschiefs
08-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Jeez, seriously? The Eagles game was one of the most encouraging games I've seen from this team apart from the Donkey Massacre last year. This team is legitimately moving in the right direction. 5 sacks? Are you serious? Can you remember the last time this team got 5 sacks in a game? I can't.

How about the fact that our starting defense held a very good offense to 10 points? Actually, more like 3 points, because that first possession for Philly started practically in the red zone.

How about the fact that we have an EXPLOSIVE kr/pr in Javier Arenas? Return yards are incredibly important, especially to anemic and streaky offenses. Field position wins games, and we've got a guy (that isn't our star HB) that can get us good field position.

I don't know how anyone could be discouraged at all by this loss. This franchise is making the right moves and is visibly improving. I love it.

THIS :chiefs: :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
08-31-2010, 03:06 PM
I can identify to some degree or another with both the "realists" and the "optimists". I think both define the hopes and frustrations of true Chiefs fans!

bwilliams
08-31-2010, 03:17 PM
I can identify to some degree or another with both the "realists" and the "optimists". I think both define the hopes and frustrations of true Chiefs fans!

The problem is that, for whatever reason, people are being labeled and labeling themselves one or the other. It isn't "optimistic" to say the Chiefs will win the SB. It's foolhardy. Likewise, it isn't "realistic" to say the Chiefs sucked against the Eagles this last preseason game. It's trolling.

You all do realize that there's a wide margin between the two poles that most reasonable people take, right?

And there's a difference between *hoping* a thing will happen and *thinking* a thing will happen. For an example: a smart person may *hope * to win the lottery. Only a fool *thinks* he'll win. I *hope* the Chiefs go 19-0 and rewrite every record book ever in 2010. But I sure don't *think* it.

Chiefster
08-31-2010, 03:23 PM
The problem is that, for whatever reason, people are being labeled and labeling themselves one or the other. It isn't "optimistic" to say the Chiefs will win the SB. It's foolhardy. Likewise, it isn't "pessimistic" to say the Chiefs sucked against the Eagles this last preseason game. It's trolling.

You all do realize that there's a wide margin between the two poles that most reasonable people take, right?

And there's a difference between *hoping* a thing will happen and *thinking* a thing will happen. For an example: a smart person may *hope * to win the lottery. Only a fool *thinks* he'll win. I *hope* the Chiefs go 19-0 and rewrite every record book ever in 2010. But I sure don't *think* it.

Semantics aside; that is why I said that I can identify to some degree or another with both sides. I just think folks get unduly worked up, on one side or the other, of an issue.

However, I do understand what you're saying.

matthewschiefs
08-31-2010, 03:51 PM
The problem is that, for whatever reason, people are being labeled and labeling themselves one or the other. It isn't "optimistic" to say the Chiefs will win the SB. It's foolhardy. Likewise, it isn't "realistic" to say the Chiefs sucked against the Eagles this last preseason game. It's trolling.

I have not minded all the negtive post as much as others. And I even have enjoied our debates lol. What I don't and have not understood is the rush to judgement in certain things. Like after the draft there were many comments on how we had a horrible draft Or how bad our offseason was. . I understand to say I am worried about the draft and I have concerens about the offseason but to declare it horrible IMO is a rush to judgement.

Whats realstic I think is a run at the playoffs. Why becasue the scedule would allow it. Weak scedules often leads to a team overachiveing. Look at the Browns in 07 i think. They made a run at the playoffs. I think that we could very well do the same thing. :chiefs:

chief31
08-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Because, Canada is like me! We Believe in the Chiefs! We are the Homers! We are the ones who off set the Pessimist. We believe that the Team will get better. We also understand we have needs, but we do not bash on the Team, that we have. I do show disappointment, and maybe down right anger, in the heat of a loss, but never do I, believe that we will not win the next game. We leave that to the pessimist. :lol:

That doesn't bother me in the least. I love you guys for it.

What does get to me sometimes is watching guys get ragged on for their view of the team. It has been going on like that too much of late.

And it makes for alot of ugly threads.

I just want to see the better side of my Chiefs fans. Especially those on The Chiefscrowd.

I think many are enraged when talking with you.

You are guessing! Since you and I have always been so pleasant to each other, I don't know who you could be talking about here.

I wasn't offended. Just trying to get a rise out of ya.:D You are just so damn angry anymore. I wanted to see if I could get you to see it for yourself.

Anyway, I really liked The Eagles game.

Most of my biggest areas of concern shined pretty bright for that game.

The O-line, not only, protected well enough for Cassel to do his thing, but even made a couple of actual rushing lanes on the inside. Two major pluses.

And the run defense held their own throughout the game. They did not just allow themselves to be gashed in that way.

And Cassel managed to actually spend most of his time getting the ball out quickly and accurately. If he actually learns to do that regularly, then my hopes for him will raise considerably.

My four biggest concerns all managed to excel in that game. Run-blocking, pass-protecting, passing, and run defense.

I am quite pleased with it.

Three7s
08-31-2010, 11:08 PM
^So you don't care if Cassel doesn't start throwing the ball down the field? Because it's only a matter of time before defenses stack the box.

That is the only major worry I have about this team and has yet to show any signs of being taken care of.

brdempsey69
08-31-2010, 11:34 PM
The O-line, not only, protected well enough for Cassel to do his thing, but even made a couple of actual rushing lanes on the inside. Two major pluses.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned regarding the pass-protection in Fridays game is that the guy that did the best job in that area was Barry Richardson and he should be the starter at RT. I've reviewed the game 3 times and he was very good - -way better than I've ever seen O'Cal.

josh1971
09-01-2010, 01:19 AM
^So you don't care if Cassel doesn't start throwing the ball down the field? Because it's only a matter of time before defenses stack the box.

That is the only major worry I have about this team and has yet to show any signs of being taken care of.

I gotta admit, I really would like to see more down-field passes. Start using play action off of our great running game, like we did when Okoye was back there.

I just don't think you can live off an entire passing game in the flat.

PawnshopMarimba
09-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Play action ought to be a pretty big part of this team's medium range passing attack, though I really think a play action screen involving Charles or McCluster could be a big money play.

MDChiefs!
09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Im thinking thats because we were doing minimal game planning for our last 3 games. I hope thats the case at least.

Or maybe they are doing with Cassel, exactly what they did with Brady. Until Brady got comfortable and learned the system, he was also throwing swing passes ,and dinking and dunking down the field all day. Personally, with a QB like Cassel, I think I would be more comfortable with the swings, and short passes all day.

If our run game can step up big like were all expecting it to it will make whatever downfield pass attempts we make easier for Cassel, and then all he will have to do is manage the game. I just hope its not a case of the coaches masking his inabilities to accurately get the ball downfield.

Ryfo18
09-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Im thinking thats because we were doing minimal game planning for our last 3 games. I hope thats the case at least.

Or maybe they are doing with Cassel, exactly what they did with Brady. Until Brady got comfortable and learned the system, he was also throwing swing passes ,and dinking and dunking down the field all day. Personally, with a QB like Cassel, I think I would be more comfortable with the swings, and short passes all day.

If our run game can step up big like were all expecting it to it will make whatever downfield pass attempts we make easier for Cassel, and then all he will have to do is manage the game. I just hope its not a case of the coaches masking his inabilities to accurately get the ball downfield.

You're absolutely right. Give Cassel some time to develop. He's going to have a good year this year with Weis. Charlie knows how to get the most out of his QBs.