PDA

View Full Version : We got our hands full against GB

Pro_Angler
08-28-2010, 11:39 AM
They just torched Indy 59-24.
I think we play starters atleast half the game. We need to win this game to get some uplift for monday night.

brdempsey69
08-28-2010, 11:45 AM
GB has a prolific Offense. The Chiefs defense will get tested, assuming GB plays its 1st team starters for a few series.

Pro_Angler
08-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Yea I am excited to see our D against one one the better offenses in the league. This should give us a good idea what to look forward to against SD. Lets just keep everyone healthy..

brdempsey69
08-28-2010, 11:56 AM
I've been watching Aaron Rodgers and he is tilting the field. It looks likes he's going downhill all the time as that is how good he is playing. He's looking like the best QB in football right now.

Pro_Angler
08-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Yea Brett Favre who??

Canada
08-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Yea Brett Favre who??

I think Favre is ihis last name!! :D

MDChiefs!
08-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Im excited to see us against better competition, but I dont expect GBs first team to play more than one series. I will definitely be watching how/if we scheme on D like we did against the Eagles. I dont really expect us too though. I think this game will be more for the roster bubble guys and one on one match ups.

I would however like to see us leave Cassel and the first group out there for a couple of drives. I think our first team could still use the playing time

Drunker Hillbilly
08-28-2010, 12:53 PM
I think we play starters atleast half the game. We need to win this game to get some uplift for monday night.
I'm guessing your projecting they beat us by 100 right?

bwilliams
08-28-2010, 01:06 PM

It's the fourth game of the preseason. I'll be amazed if the starters for either team is in for more than a series.

rodu
08-28-2010, 01:13 PM
It's the fourth game of the preseason. I'll be amazed if the starters for either team is in for more than a series.

yeah, it's the bottom guys last chance to show their stuff, they'll get most of the playing time

Chief Tyler
08-28-2010, 01:22 PM
I think our D actually matches up fairly well against Green Bay, if it's even possible to say that. Also agreed with Williams, it's going to be a boring game, we probably go into the regular season based more on what we saw last night.

wants to win
08-28-2010, 03:28 PM

These Chiefs will have their hands full against a 10 and under flag football team.

Three7s
08-28-2010, 05:58 PM
These Chiefs will have their hands full against a 10 and under flag football team.
Silly fan who thinks the world is coming to an end because the Chiefs Walmart Crew couldn't finish a preseason games. Might as well sleep til 2012! :beat_DeadHorse:

Pro_Angler
08-28-2010, 06:03 PM

Feel free to never post in my threads again ir I will ban you!
We don't like trolls around here! I know your a denver fan , so either do what I say or get banned!

stricken721
08-28-2010, 06:10 PM
We don't like trolls around here! I know your a denver fan , so either do what I say or get banned!

:sign0153: I may not agree with him either but that made me laugh a little bit. :lol:

Chieffaninfl
08-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Yea Brett Favre who??

They will see Brett Favre who in the playoffs, lol! Go CHIEFS!!!:chiefs:

Pro_Angler
08-29-2010, 12:15 AM
:sign0153: I may not agree with him either but that made me laugh a little bit. :lol:

Hehe.. Can't stand other fans coming in here posing as chief fans and starting crap! It's so obvious!

Three7s
08-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Hehe.. Can't stand other fans coming in here posing as chief fans and starting crap! It's so obvious!
It's funny because I think if they really were actual "fans", it just might kill them to say something positive. Everyone around here knows that I'm as negative as they come if I see things I don't like, but these two act like the world is ending because the Chiefs Walmart Crew lost a game.

Pro_Angler
08-29-2010, 11:07 AM
I say want to win is a charger fan, since we play them first he came in here to start crap..

Bakie
08-29-2010, 11:15 AM

Get'em, I hate all the Nay Sayers. The only thing I can say is it's obvious they don't watch the games. Hell, before I figured out about Podcasts, I was listening to these preseason games over the net.

Even better, when I was on deployment I stayed up til 3 am to just watch redzone/highlight ticker HOPING they would show up on it. I did that every week.... BTW that was the 07 season, if that tells you anything.

As for Green Bay, I think if our defense puts a show on against their offense, win or lose, it will show something. The other thing I like about the Green Bay game is that their defense is HORRIBLE! It should give Matt Cassel and the boys a big boost in confidence going into the Monday night game. I honestly believe if our Defense brings their A+ game they can hold Rodgers at bay, at least to the point where our offense can throw enough points up on the board to keep the game in check. Win or lose if they come close it will tell a lot about the team. Especially, with the consideration that almost every broadcaster and analysis puts Green Bay in the NFC championship game.

Pro_Angler
08-29-2010, 12:18 PM
i see 3 sacks and a pick..140yds rushing and 210 passing.

brdempsey69
08-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Get'em, I hate all the Nay Sayers. The only thing I can say is it's obvious they don't watch the games. Hell, before I figured out about Podcasts, I was listening to these preseason games over the net.

Even better, when I was on deployment I stayed up til 3 am to just watch redzone/highlight ticker HOPING they would show up on it. I did that every week.... BTW that was the 07 season, if that tells you anything.

As for Green Bay, I think if our defense puts a show on against their offense, win or lose, it will show something. The other thing I like about the Green Bay game is that their defense is HORRIBLE! It should give Matt Cassel and the boys a big boost in confidence going into the Monday night game. I honestly believe if our Defense brings their A+ game they can hold Rodgers at bay, at least to the point where our offense can throw enough points up on the board to keep the game in check. Win or lose if they come close it will tell a lot about the team. Especially, with the consideration that almost every broadcaster and analysis puts Green Bay in the NFC championship game.

Agree, GB Defense can be had. This is a good chance for Chiefs Offense to shine and it could build some positive momentum going into the regular season. Crosses fingers.

Bakie
08-29-2010, 02:01 PM
I think that we have a really good offense in the making, and I am especially pleased with our defense. On offense, the only real issue we have is at the O-line, but honestly I think the talent and experience is there. It just needs to be polished off. Once that o-line can give Cassel something to work on it's game over. All those Cassel critiques out there will be shutting their lips. Because at least half of all his incompletes/interceptions seem to be receiver issues. Furthermore, from what I have seen in this preseason is the first strings not botching passes. So, bring on the season, that way I am angry when we lose. :P

tornadospotter
08-29-2010, 10:29 PM
I would be really surprised, if any of our set starters played much, but the undecided positions, may play more. But it will be mostly the final look at who to keep on the roster. Win or lose does not matter, individual play does.

GarH
08-30-2010, 05:24 AM
The problem is that the O-line is the foundation of an offense. If the foundation isn't sound, everything above it is on shaky ground. The O-line is better than it was the first half of last year but is still a couple of players away from where it needs to be. The chiefs need to go after two O-linemen in the first 4 rounds in 2011. If they can get the line up to snuff we'll see as much improvement if the offense as we've seen in the defense and I love the improvement I've seen in the defense.

chiefnut
08-30-2010, 08:08 AM
normaly you only play starters for the first qtr or sometimes one or two series if you have alot of bubble players. that may be the best thing for us, get rodgers to the bench asap.

Bakie
08-30-2010, 10:07 AM
I think that there is enough talent on the O-line right now, true 2 more pulled next year in the draft would give it some depth. Honestly though, I think that if they pull their heads out and the vets teach these new guys a thing or two and they all become family things will be alright.

I am just ready for that o-line to come together. It has been their thorn since the 13-2 season. I think this team has the potential to make big things happen the day that o-line comes together. Every other point is there except for that, and as said I think it's just a matter of time before our o-line personnel come together and make it happen.

brdempsey69
08-30-2010, 12:41 PM
The problem is that the O-line is the foundation of an offense. If the foundation isn't sound, everything above it is on shaky ground. The O-line is better than it was the first half of last year but is still a couple of players away from where it needs to be. The chiefs need to go after two O-linemen in the first 4 rounds in 2011. If they can get the line up to snuff we'll see as much improvement if the offense as we've seen in the defense and I love the improvement I've seen in the defense.

^^THIS !! The Chiefs added two DB's with 2 picks in the top 50 in the 2010 draft to shore up their pass defense. With Weigmann & Waters both nearing the end, it would be in the Chiefs best interest to draft a couple of very talented O-Lineman in 2011.

Pro_Angler
08-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I think our starters need to stay in atleast half the game, they needs reps at game speed to work out thier kinks, and they have alot of them especially on offense.

matthewschiefs
08-30-2010, 07:23 PM
I think our starters need to stay in atleast half the game, they needs reps at game speed to work out thier kinks, and they have alot of them especially on offense.

I think thats for sure for the offense. For the Defense I think it depends on how they start the game. If they start out how they played most of the eagles game then I think we can take them out sooner.