DT:Shaun Smith, Ron Edwards, Garret Brown
OLB: Hali, Vrbael, Studebaker, Sheffield, Walters
ILB: Williams, Belcher, Johnson, Mays
CB: Flowers, Carr, Arenas, Leggett, Daniels
S: Berry, McGraw, Lewis, Morgan
K: Succop
P: Colquitt

where to start...

I think 3 QBs is a must, especially after the injury to Brodie a week or so ago. While I still think hes a good backup when called upon, he does us no good if not healthy. And Palko has actually looked pretty good in the preseason so far. Very quick release for a lefty :)

Cox is a much better lead blocker than Castille, plus with a versatile guy like Jackie Battle we can use him in short yardage situations and at FB if we need to. Castille is expendable

For WRs I think Horn is pretty much a lock to make the team. Hes been a superstar at tc and recorded our only passing TD of the preseason so far. None of the other WRs on the bubble have done much of anything, and Urban is Haleys veteran guy. Not to mention hes not a bad slot WR

I dont have us keeping Daryl Harris at Guard. Unfortunately even as good as he has looked in tc and workouts, he cant stay healthy and has not been able to get on the field at all in the preseason. Unless he plays week 4 and tears it up, I dont see him keeping his job over Colin Brown.

I kept Garret Brown over Gales. I dont think there is anyway Garret Brown would clear waivers to the practice squad. Every time hes out there hes pushing the pocket like no other NT on our team. Constantly commanding the double team. Keeping him is a must. I see him as our future at NT...Still cant believe this guy went undrafted...

I also think we keep an extra OLB...Pierre Walters has shown several flashes of what hes capable of doing, and at a position where we need more production and depth, I think he stays.

Questions, Comments, concerns? Whos your 53?

hometeam
08-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Id say you are pretty spot on, though, I dont think they will keep moore, and mccluster will be listed as an RB. Who will get his spot im not sure, but 4 rbs is enough. With the way they played last night, battle and horn are almost assured spots on the team.

Not sure what cameron sheffields status is but if he is major injured then he will be on IR and we will get to keep one more.

MDChiefs!
08-28-2010, 01:21 PM
You may be right about McCluster...if that is the case my money is one Lawrence or Copper staying for the play on special teams.

I dont know who we we keep after Walters for OLB...maybe Herron? Cole and Greenwod havent really looked impressive at all. And I certainly mind seeing us keep Dion Gales if nothing else. Another talented player that we might not sneak on the practice squad, and we can always use the depth on the d-line

matthewschiefs
08-28-2010, 04:09 PM
I think that this is the 53 that will be on the field for the Chiefs this season.

rodu
08-28-2010, 05:33 PM
I thought Smith was moved to DE from NT?

MDChiefs!
08-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes he was moved, as was Dion Gales...

DE: Dorsey, Jackson, Gilberry, Magee, Smith

DT:Edwards, Garret Brown, Derek Lokey

LS: Thomas Gafford Cant believe I forgot about him!

How bout we take out Kestahn Moore and Colin Brown. Ndukwe and Neiswanger can backup the guard position.

wolfpack
08-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Lokey willbe the 3rd DT. Plus, he can be led blocker on goalline runs. He did that against the eagles.

NWA Chief
08-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Saw Lokey play FB but I don't think it will happen. I think Castille stays, he was with Haley and Cox is from the old organization.

Copper stays, big part of special teams. Dion Gales stays, great depth. I wonder if Magee stays, he hasn't improved very much. I can't see Horne not making the 53 because he won't make it to the practice squad.

What happens to Page, they haven't released him and hes under contract but does he count against the roster?

fairladyZ
08-30-2010, 12:05 AM
No unless he comes and signs his tender he is not under contract therefor does not count against the roster

whatwasthat?
08-30-2010, 12:10 AM
i think we lose moore and keep quentin lawrence for special teams use

MDChiefs!
08-30-2010, 12:25 PM
We actually just released Moore yesterday. And I dont see Quintin Lawrence keeping his roster spot over Copper, considering that last WR spot will most likely just be a special teams guy. And Lawrence has already been beaten out by Areas returning kicks...

i think we lose moore and keep quentin lawrence for special teams use

The only thing with Castille is that he brings nothing to the table we dont already have. He is a poor lead blocker, but he has the ability to carry the ball. Maybe we keep him on as a RB, like last year, but what would be the point if we also retain Jackie Battle? He can do what Castille does. I just think Cox is a much better lead blocker, and with an improved o-line hes going to be that much better. But if we can squeeze 5 RBs on the roster, I would like to keep him.

As far as Page, my money is on him getting signed then traded, shortly after final roster cuts. Who knows though..

And I dont think Pioli is ready to admit that drafting Magee in the 3rd was a mistake..I think we give him some more time also

Saw Lokey play FB but I don't think it will happen. I think Castille stays, he was with Haley and Cox is from the old organization.

Copper stays, big part of special teams. Dion Gales stays, great depth. I wonder if Magee stays, he hasn't improved very much. I can't see Horne not making the 53 because he won't make it to the practice squad.

What happens to Page, they haven't released him and hes under contract but does he count against the roster?

Seek
08-30-2010, 12:55 PM
I think Battle has looked good this off seaon. The knock him last year was fumbling the ball. He is also stout enough that he could play FB.

I kind of liked Moore but this position is good in depth. He may have been cut early for a chance to get picked up on another team.

Seek
08-30-2010, 12:56 PM
I am guessing Page signs, and gets cut. Does anyone know if he can even pass a physical.

hometeam
08-30-2010, 01:12 PM
page will be cut, he has absolutely no trade value at this time, becuase anyone interested in him knows that the chiefs willhave to cut him.

And, with Moore being gone, to the original 53 posted up, my bet is that we do keep Copper. Colin Brown will also make the cut.

rodu
08-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Lawrence has been working on playing the gunner on punt teams

Seek
08-30-2010, 03:05 PM
J. Horne was also working as a gunner on Special teams, and to answer a question I posed on Friday. He caught a punt by Colquitt on the 5. It was a good play so Horne has some value as a gunner.

whatwasthat?
08-30-2010, 04:31 PM
We actually just released Moore yesterday. And I dont see Quintin Lawrence keeping his roster spot over Copper, considering that last WR spot will most likely just be a special teams guy. And Lawrence has already been beaten out by Areas returning kicks...

The only thing with Castille is that he brings nothing to the table we dont already have. He is a poor lead blocker, but he has the ability to carry the ball. Maybe we keep him on as a RB, like last year, but what would be the point if we also retain Jackie Battle? He can do what Castille does. I just think Cox is a much better lead blocker, and with an improved o-line hes going to be that much better. But if we can squeeze 5 RBs on the roster, I would like to keep him.

As far as Page, my money is on him getting signed then traded, shortly after final roster cuts. Who knows though..

And I dont think Pioli is ready to admit that drafting Magee in the 3rd was a mistake..I think we give him some more time also

lawrence does pretty well on ST coverage plus hes younger and was a pioli draft pick

i believe he stays over copper

bwilliams
08-30-2010, 05:05 PM
OFFENSE (25)
QB (2): Cassel, Palko
HB (3): Jones, Charles, Battle
FB (1): Cox
WR (6): Bowe, Chambers, McCluster, Jerhme Urban, Copper, Lawrence
TE (3): Pope, Moeaki, O'Connell
LT (2): Branden Albert, Barry Richardson
LG (2): Brian Waters, Jon Asamoah
C (2): Casey Weigman, Rudy Neiswanger
RG (2): Ryan Lilja, Colin Brown
RT (2): Ryan O'Callaghan, Ike Ndukwer

DEFENSE (25)
DE (5): Dorsey, Jackson, Magee, Gilberry, Shaun Smith
NT (3): Ron Edwards, Derek Lokey, Garret Brown
OLB (4): Hali, Vrbael, Studebaker, Walters
ILB (4): Williams, Belcher, Johnson, Mays
CB (5): Flowers, Carr, Arenas, Leggett, Daniels
S (4): Berry, McGraw, Lewis, Washington

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
LS: Gafford

We send Sheffield and Lawrence to the practice squad.

I think Croyle gets cut and we go with two QBs.

Seek
08-30-2010, 05:16 PM
OFFENSE (25)
QB (2): Cassel, Palko
HB (3): Jones, Charles, Battle
FB (1): Cox
WR (6): Bowe, Chambers, McCluster, Jerhme Urban, Copper, Lawrence
TE (3): Pope, Moeaki, O'Connell
LT (2): Branden Albert, Barry Richardson
LG (2): Brian Waters, Jon Asamoah
C (2): Casey Weigman, Rudy Neiswanger
RG (2): Ryan Lilja, Colin Brown
RT (2): Ryan O'Callaghan, Ike Ndukwer

DEFENSE (25)
DE (5): Dorsey, Jackson, Magee, Gilberry, Shaun Smith
NT (3): Ron Edwards, Derek Lokey, Garret Brown
OLB (4): Hali, Vrbael, Studebaker, Walters
ILB (4): Williams, Belcher, Johnson, Mays
CB (5): Flowers, Carr, Arenas, Leggett, Daniels
S (4): Berry, McGraw, Lewis, Washington

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
LS: Gafford

We send Sheffield and Lawrence to the practice squad.

I think Croyle gets cut and we go with two QBs.

I think one of your lineman get cut in favor of keeping a third Qb. I don't think Palko is a back quality yet and really can't risk having him as the main back up to Cassell.

The some of the offensive lineman are so versatile, that you could either see a center cut, or one of the back up guards.

bwilliams
08-30-2010, 05:24 PM
I think one of your lineman get cut in favor of keeping a third Qb. I don't think Palko is a back quality yet and really can't risk having him as the main back up to Cassell.

The some of the offensive lineman are so versatile, that you could either see a center cut, or one of the back up guards.

Yeah, Croyle was the most difficult cut of the bunch. But I just don't see the point in keeping him. His big arm and good attitude were positivies for camp, but he's useless as a gametime QB because of his health problems. I think we run with two QBs and sign someone else if we need to as the season progresses.

Shaun Smith (DE) was the most difficult keep. We don't need him and he's looked terrible in camp. Garrett Brown would be the next most likely, I think. I can't see us ditching any OL given our health issues. If we do, I think Wiegmann is the first to go.

matthewschiefs
08-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Yeah, Croyle was the most difficult cut of the bunch. But I just don't see the point in keeping him. His big arm and good attitude were positivies for camp, but he's useless as a gametime QB because of his health problems. I think we run with two QBs and sign someone else if we need to as the season progresses.

Shaun Smith (DE) was the most difficult keep. We don't need him and he's looked terrible in camp. Garrett Brown would be the next most likely, I think. I can't see us ditching any OL given our health issues. If we do, I think Wiegmann is the first to go.

I would rather just keep Croyle. I no that he can't stay on the field but Palko has not proven to be anything that we can go to if Cassel is not able to play. Croyle has at least started some games. I would just rather go with the experiance and Brodie.

bwilliams
08-30-2010, 05:32 PM
I would rather just keep Croyle. I no that he can't stay on the field but Palko has not proven to be anything that we can go to if Cassel is not able to play. Croyle has at least started some games. I would just rather go with the experiance and Brodie.

Croyle has started games, but he's 0-12 in the games he's started. He'd have lost more starts, but he's spent most of the past four years on the IR. I like the guy as a person, but you could find a better QB pretty much anywhere else. I'm not exactly a Palko fan (is anyone?) and would love to see us upgrade from him too, but at least he can stay healthy.

Really, we just need to find the best vet on the market after cuts and go with him as our 2QB. Say vaya con dios to both Palko and Croyle.

matthewschiefs
08-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Croyle has started games, but he's 0-12 in the games he's started. He'd have lost more starts, but he's spent most of the past four years on the IR. I like the guy as a person, but you could find a better QB pretty much anywhere else. I'm not exactly a Palko fan (is anyone?) and would love to see us upgrade from him too, but at least he can stay healthy.

Really, we just need to find the best vet on the market after cuts and go with him as our 2QB. Say vaya con dios to both Palko and Croyle.

I think that would be the best option as well. I hope we are at least going to be keeping an extra eye on the cuts that we are going to see. So we would have something if Cassel can't play all 16 games.

rodu
08-30-2010, 07:22 PM
as bad as Croyle is, he's better than Palko

MDChiefs!
08-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Croyle knows the system well, and when healthy is a quality backup. If something happens to Cassel this season, im sure none of us, coaches included, want to rely on Palko to come in and finish games. Lots of potential, but definitely not ready to be a #2. (Thigpen :))

And I agree. I think Pioli and them will definitely have their eyes on the cut lists as they start to happen in the next couple of days