PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Bryant?

DMN
08-29-2010, 04:14 PM
What do you guys think? Besides last year his recent stats are good... and even last year they were acceptable for chiefs standards. A big target but I cant say I remember him as too much of a deep threat. And although I want a burner to stretch the field a smart route runner with sure hands could always help.

stricken721
08-29-2010, 04:30 PM
What do you guys think? Besides last year his recent stats are good... and even last year they were acceptable for chiefs standards. A big target but I cant say I remember him as too much of a deep threat. And although I want a burner to stretch the field a smart route runner with sure hands could always help.

I was thinking about this earlier. If we didn't have Chris Chambers I would be all for it. But now I think he would just be taking up space.

Chief Tyler
08-29-2010, 04:31 PM
No thanks. He's already sucking Tampa and Cincy dry, 18 million in total. I say pass on this cap space liability.

okikcfan
08-29-2010, 04:40 PM
We need defensive players

honda522
08-29-2010, 04:55 PM
No thanks. He is injured, hasn't played a game this year and we need an offensive line....

stricken721
08-29-2010, 06:48 PM
One thing that would make sense is San Diego signing him. We may not need to worry as much for him becoming one of our players but instead him being somebody that will play against us. With Vincent Jackson still holding out and looking like he won't be a Charger again, it's a good possibility that San Diego might sign him.

Chief Tyler
08-29-2010, 07:47 PM
One thing that would make sense is San Diego signing him. We may not need to worry as much for him becoming one of our players but instead him being somebody that will play against us. With Vincent Jackson still holding out and looking like he won't be a Charger again, it's a good possibility that San Diego might sign him.

Doubtful. The receivers that San Diego has, even without Jackson, are better than what Bryant would offer them.

matthewschiefs
08-29-2010, 08:07 PM
I don't think that he's any better then the WRs that we have now. So I would have to say no on him.

NWA Chief
08-29-2010, 09:13 PM
I think Bryant plays well in certain schemes. He is not a burner, nor was he known as a team leader. I feel like Chambers gives us what Bryant could give us and more. Need a fast guy that can get off the line clean........and isn't injured all the time.

kcnation
08-29-2010, 09:26 PM
bryant is damaged goods why would we even think about wanting him.besides he has done nothing in the nfl at all.we need to address other positions first.we have to worry about our qb for one thing,he just dosen't thrill me at all.

yashi
08-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Dear god no. He's a gigantic headcase.

DMN
08-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Yeah I wasn't quite sure of the specifics other than he was coming off a knee surgery and in '08 he was worth around 1250 yrds. and 7 TDs... and he is only 29. But I agree that chambers is the stronger option here.

I have optimism in our depth with McC and Urban. I just cant wait for them to show what they are made of.

Ever since finishing 2nd in the Boldin auction I think that haley is looking. Will be interesting to see who comes free after cuts!

brdempsey69
08-30-2010, 01:14 PM
I really believe they already have a playmaker on their roster -- Jeremy Horne.

Don't need Bryant.

rodu
08-30-2010, 02:31 PM
I really believe they already have a playmaker on their roster -- Jeremy Horne.

Don't need Bryant.

we just need to hold on to this Horne

bbacker51
08-30-2010, 02:35 PM
He has no knees, kind of important for a Wide Receiver....He was a good player though

Pro_Angler
08-30-2010, 06:32 PM

The last reciever that we had that was acceptable stats for KC was TG. We should not ever say mediocure is aceptable cause were the chiefs.

bwilliams
08-30-2010, 07:21 PM
The last reciever that we had that was acceptable stats for KC was TG. We should not ever say mediocure is aceptable cause were the chiefs.

2004-2006 Eddie Kennison should hunt you for sport for saying that.

Pro_Angler
08-30-2010, 09:57 PM
i said the last acceptable reciever,,,TG was after Kennison..

DMN
08-30-2010, 11:21 PM

Its just tongue and cheek as to the success we have had in the passing game the last few seasons. I haven't seen horne in action really. I would love for him to make the roster and be a play maker.

2010chiefs
08-30-2010, 11:37 PM
We don't have the time to gamble on a player that's coming off an injury and has allready racked up millions from other teams. Let's work with what we got and not let anything side track us. I like the direction we're going in all aspects except for the QB. Matt Cassel is on my hot seat as far as i'm concerned. He makes me nervous. GO CHIEFS!

bwilliams
08-31-2010, 09:43 AM
Bryant's got a degenerative bone/knee disorder. Chances are extremely likely he'll never play football again. The Bengals medical staff was just incompetent and missed this before handing out the money.

AkChief49
08-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Bryant's got a degenerative bone/knee disorder. Chances are extremely likely he'll never play football again. The Bengals medical staff was just incompetent and missed this before handing out the money.
I had heard that this was the same medical staff that talked Saban out of taking Brees(shoulder at the timea) over Culpepper.