PDA

View Full Version : Week 3: Niner V. Chiefs Tailgate

dr8van
08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Hello Everyone,

Myself (Niner fan) and one of my best friends (Chiefs fan) are coming to Arrowhead for this game. I was wondering if we would be able to join anyone for tailgating before the game. My parking pass is Orange. So I guess thats where we'll be. We would be happy to contribute to food and beverage. I have been told KC tailgating is awesome and Im looking to show my friend an awesome time before he deploys to the middle east for another tour of duty.

Please email me at shaun.a.singh@gmail.com.

Thanks so much.
-Shaun

Ryfo18
08-30-2010, 11:59 AM
At one point, there were a lot of people on this site planning a tailgate for this game. I think most of them decided to do the Monday night game instead though.

I am still going to the 49er game and would love to meet up with some people to tailgate before hand. Could your parking pass also be gold?

dr8van
08-30-2010, 12:03 PM
At one point, there were a lot of people on this site planning a tailgate for this game. I think most of them decided to do the Monday night game instead though.

I am still going to the 49er game and would love to meet up with some people to tailgate before hand. Could your parking pass also be gold?
Its possible. I just got the tickets this weekend. I only glanced at the parking pass. It definitely in the family of gold, yellow, orange type. Ive never been to KC before. Is there an Orange parking lot?

Canada
08-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Hello Everyone,

Myself (Niner fan) and one of my best friends (Chiefs fan) are coming to Arrowhead for this game. I was wondering if we would be able to join anyone for tailgating before the game. My parking pass is Orange. So I guess thats where we'll be. We would be happy to contribute to food and beverage. I have been told KC tailgating is awesome and Im looking to show my friend an awesome time before he deploys to the middle east for another tour of duty.

Thanks so much.
-Shaun

Your best friend can, but you have to watch from the outside!! :D

j/k I am coming down with a few friends who are niner fans too and we will be tailgating somewhere. Stick around the Crowd and we willbe making plansfor that game after the Monday Night game!!

dr8van
08-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Your best friend can, but you have to watch from the outside!! :D

j/k I am coming down with a few friends who are niner fans too and we will be tailgating somewhere. Stick around the Crowd and we willbe making plansfor that game after the Monday Night game!!
Thanks so much. Ill be sure to check in when you all are making plans. Im sure its going to be a blast!

Hayvern
08-30-2010, 03:47 PM
I have a friend and myself coming to this game and we will be hanging out with Canada and friends, so we are going to have a tailgate crew going.

Connie Jo
08-31-2010, 01:02 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much.
-Shaun

I think there are several of us who will be at the 49er's game, and tailgating as always!! I'll be there, along with Canada, Ryfo, Hayvern, and any other Chiefs Crowd buddies planning to be there. :)
:bananen_smilies046:

stricken721
08-31-2010, 04:51 AM
I think there are several of us who will be at the 49er's game, and tailgating as always!! I'll be there, along with Canada, Ryfo, Hayvern, and any other Chiefs Crowd buddies planning to be there. :)
:bananen_smilies046:

Count me in. I'm not sure if it will be more of I will have a guest coming too.. Either way I will be there. :bananen_smilies046:

dr8van
08-31-2010, 07:36 AM
I have a Gold parking pass. Do you guys meet in the gold parking lot? Or is there some other designated tailgating location at Arrowhead?

Also, please let me know what we can contribute to the tailgate. We are out of towners so it may be difficult for us to go to the grocery store before hand, but we are happy to contribute funds.

Canada
08-31-2010, 09:06 AM
I have a Gold parking pass. Do you guys meet in the gold parking lot? Or is there some other designated tailgating location at Arrowhead?

Also, please let me know what we can contribute to the tailgate. We are out of towners so it may be difficult for us to go to the grocery store before hand, but we are happy to contribute funds.

Do you know where you will be staying when you are in KC?

Connie Jo
08-31-2010, 06:51 PM

Those times I've tailgated with Chiefs Crowd friends we meet up in Lot A, as most don't have "Gold Passes". I think the Gold Parking is in Lot B?? It's in front of Red Reserve parking...I think. We've always been in Lot A, close to the stadium entrance as possible. If that be the case for the 49ers game, we won't be very far from the Gold Parking in Lot B.

dr8van
09-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Do you know where you will be staying when you are in KC?

We will be staying at Hoge Barracks (run by the Holiday inn) on post at Ft. Leavenworth. Its approximately 50 miles to arrowhead from there. We will be attending both Kansas and Kansas State games on Saturday and obviously the Chiefs-Niner game on Sunday.

Where are you guys staying? Do you know which p/l you'll be in for the tailgate?

dr8van
09-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Those times I've tailgated with Chiefs Crowd friends we meet up in Lot A, as most don't have "Gold Passes". I think the Gold Parking is in Lot B?? It's in front of Red Reserve parking...I think. We've always been in Lot A, close to the stadium entrance as possible. If that be the case for the 49ers game, we won't be very far from the Gold Parking in Lot B.

That sounds awesome! Do you guys get with Canada and his crew for games? If we are all close (p/l proximity) maybe we can link up and have a huge tailgate party!

Ryfo18
09-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm at the Clarion Hotel

tammietailgator
09-14-2010, 01:10 PM
I will be there!!!!

Seek
09-14-2010, 06:04 PM
From the sounds of it, there is an initial thought if joining up with me for this game in lot n

Canada
09-14-2010, 07:04 PM
I guess I will come.

YZILLA
09-14-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm gonna be there! Bringing Eight of us from South Dakota to hang out. I am guessing lot A also right by X Factor and his crew.We will be bringing a big grill, two chiefs tents like usual so anyone who wants to hang with me . Also we will be bringing the apple pie booze that made the parking lot tilt for Canada last year. Who's with me!!

tammietailgator
09-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Apple Pie Booze!!!!! Yeah!

Hayvern
09-14-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm gonna be there! Bringing Eight of us from South Dakota to hang out. I am guessing lot A also right by X Factor and his crew.We will be bringing a big grill, two chiefs tents like usual so anyone who wants to hang with me . Also we will be bringing the apple pie booze that made the parking lot tilt for Canada last year. Who's with me!!

Bunch of people were talking Lot N this time around, I don't know, let's get together and work it out. I will be there.

dr8van
09-15-2010, 09:12 AM
So where are we meeting up? There was talk of lot A near the entrance to the stadium. There is also talk of lot N. Just let me know where to be, how to find you, what time and how much. We'll be there!

Ryfo18
09-15-2010, 10:26 AM
I'd like lot A, but that's just me being selfish because it's easy to get to from the Clarion hotel. I'll meet up wherever though.

Seek
09-15-2010, 01:11 PM
I am never going to Lot A again and that is me being selfish. Getting in and out of there is impossible in comparison to Lot N. People were just saying that they were going to join me and have me smoke some more meat.

If that is the case, I will be in lot N. You are welcome to come and I will need PM's on what you want to eat. I am not going to cook for a undisclosed amout of people since I have so much left overs from people not showing up. However, my office is loving the left over pork today.

tammietailgator
09-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Want me to bring the flag post????:sFl_canada2:

Seek
09-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Want me to bring the flag post????:sFl_canada2:
Can you remember to do that????

I can actually get my hands on one... and this time I will bring a porta pottie.

Canada
09-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Want me to bring the flag post????:sFl_canada2:We wanted you to bring it last time!!

tammietailgator
09-16-2010, 04:23 PM
I know... but I forgot all about it. I did remember the guacamole though :) - Not sure I can get one this time Seek, so if you can that would be great.

dr8van
09-17-2010, 10:49 AM
I am never going to Lot A again and that is me being selfish. Getting in and out of there is impossible in comparison to Lot N. People were just saying that they were going to join me and have me smoke some more meat.

If that is the case, I will be in lot N. You are welcome to come and I will need PM's on what you want to eat. I am not going to cook for a undisclosed amout of people since I have so much left overs from people not showing up. However, my office is loving the left over pork today.

Ok. Lot N it is. Does anyone know where that is in comparison to the Gold Parking lot? I have a gold parking pass...

We're good with burgers, dogs and beers. Not too picky here. Can we contribute to food and alcohol? Also would be it okay if I got a number or an email address for someone. That we will be able to contact someone when we get lost in arrowhead's p/l. lol.

My personal email is shaun.a.singh@gmai.com.

Thanks.
-Shaun

Seek
09-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Ok. Lot N it is. Does anyone know where that is in comparison to the Gold Parking lot? I have a gold parking pass...

We're good with burgers, dogs and beers. Not too picky here. Can we contribute to food and alcohol? Also would be it okay if I got a number or an email address for someone. That we will be able to contact someone when we get lost in arrowhead's p/l. lol.

My personal email is shaun.a.singh@gmai.com.

Thanks.
-Shaun

I may be wrong, but I believe Gold reserve parks in lot F now. Which is between the stadium and the practive filed. I don't know for sure.

If that is the case, N runs along the practice field and lots G and F like a piece of pie. We are usually either in the Grass under the power lines around the area of N45 or in the grass between N and G around n45. That all depends on what is available as we go in. It is usually a rat race to get the grass spots.

Ryfo18
09-21-2010, 10:35 AM
So it sounds like everyone is going to meet up in Lot N. Who's all going to be there?

Seek
09-21-2010, 10:59 AM
So it sounds like everyone is going to meet up in Lot N. Who's all going to be there?

Right now, I have Hayvern with CapitalT. Canada and 5 friends.
Dr8tvan and friend.
Me, and my normal tailgate crew of 5.
Tammy mentioned bringing a flag pole but I am not sure if he was just making a joke or coming.

I am figuring about 3 people to a slab of ribs, so I am going to smoke 6 slabs of ribs and maybe 6 chicken breats. I am just planning on bringing chips and I think the another member of my party is bringing a side. Nothing Fancy this time.

Seek
09-21-2010, 11:03 AM
I will be in the grass somewhere in lot N, unless for some reason I am running late which I would then blame on my sister. Hopefully we will be on the median between G and N. If not, we will most likely be on the grass in the back of N, under the huge power lines.

I will be driving a white Toyota Highlands, and have both the white and red tents up. We are generally around the N45 area. If you need my number I can send it to you all in a PM.

GlennBree
09-21-2010, 12:56 PM
:-(
This is my sad face.
I wanna go.
WWWhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Canada
09-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Right now, I have Hayvern with CapitalT. Canada and 5 friends.
Dr8tvan and friend.
Me, and my normal tailgate crew of 5.
Tammy mentioned bringing a flag pole but I am not sure if he was just making a joke or coming.

I am figuring about 3 people to a slab of ribs, so I am going to smoke 6 slabs of ribs and maybe 6 chicken breats. I am just planning on bringing chips and I think the another member of my party is bringing a side. Nothing Fancy this time.

Im down to a party of 5 instead of 6 but a couple of guys are fat *******s so they will eat lots!! :lol:

stricken721
09-21-2010, 02:44 PM
I will be making an appearance on Sunday.

Canada
09-21-2010, 02:54 PM
I will be making an appearance on Sunday.You owe me a cold beer. :canbeer:

stricken721
09-21-2010, 07:52 PM
You owe me a cold beer. :canbeer:

I thought I gave you one?

Canada
09-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Nope. You gave me a warm beer!! Seek, we r bakc to six of us!!

stricken721
09-21-2010, 09:52 PM

Oh I thought we just agreed on a beer, I didn't know I said a cold one.:D Don't worry I got ya covered on Sunday. :bananen_smilies046:

Hayvern
09-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Oh I thought we just agreed on a beer, I didn't know I said a cold one.:D Don't worry I got ya covered on Sunday. :bananen_smilies046:

Those darn Canadians are so demanding!!

Canada
09-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Those darn Canadians are so demanding!!Thats it, you owe me one too!!

Hayvern
09-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Thats it, you owe me one too!!

Looking forward to the opportunity to pay it back!

dr8van
09-22-2010, 08:31 AM

What kind of beer do you guys like to drink? We are going try to stop off and pick up a case. Im a yuengling guy myself, but if you guys are into other stuff, I can drink whatever...

Seek
09-22-2010, 10:13 AM

What time are all of you expecting to head to arrowhead.

Hayvern
09-22-2010, 10:15 AM
What kind of beer do you guys like to drink? We are going try to stop off and pick up a case. Im a yuengling guy myself, but if you guys are into other stuff, I can drink whatever...

They had some stuff at the store (HyVee?) that was called Boulevard that was down right tasty!

dr8van
09-22-2010, 10:27 AM
They had some stuff at the store (HyVee?) that was called Boulevard that was down right tasty!

is this it?

http://blogs.pitch.com/fatcity/BLVD_WB_1990_1.jpg

dr8van
09-22-2010, 10:31 AM

if you're going to be there when the gates open, then so will I. We should be there 9-930am. Im thinking the gates are 930-10?

Ryfo18
09-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Well now unfortunately it's looking like we are not going to be able to make it....

Anybody need Chiefs vs 49ers tickets? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=201838#post201838)

Canada
09-22-2010, 10:53 AM

Im gonna get up at 6 am and drive the RV to the stadium and park at the gates until they open!1 just let me know where u r gonna be and we can meet up or i wcan meet you somewhere else if you want!! Send me a PM and we can work out the details!! :bananen_smilies046:

Seek
09-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Im gonna get up at 6 am and drive the RV to the stadium and park at the gates until they open!1 just let me know where u r gonna be and we can meet up or i wcan meet you somewhere else if you want!! Send me a PM and we can work out the details!! :bananen_smilies046:

We leave just a little later than that but we usually show up just just as the gates open or are about to. To get to N, you would basically go to Sports nutz like last game, but head down 40 hwy to Stadium and take a left before the drive in movies. You will want to be on the right side of the gates when you go. Once you pay to get in, you take an immediate right, and I mean like within 25 yards of the gates and that is lot N. It is usually a rate race from there. If you go in the gates on the left, they will run you all around to the Royals stadium and then park you in the grass up on the hill. Stay Right... I am not sure what they will do with you being in an RV though.

Seek
09-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Well now unfortunately it's looking like we are not going to be able to make it....

Anybody need Chiefs vs 49ers tickets? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=201838#post201838)

If you cant sell them, maybe Canada or one of us can scalp them, at a discounted rate at the game..

tammietailgator
09-22-2010, 06:58 PM
We will be there....I am riding in with Connie Jo and David and his buddy are just gonna find the RV.

tammietailgator
09-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Vern... that is local brew.... we will pick some up if that is what you had. Very tasty with lemon!

Hayvern
09-23-2010, 12:30 AM
Vern... that is local brew.... we will pick some up if that is what you had. Very tasty with lemon!

Yeah, it was good stuff!

Connie Jo
09-24-2010, 02:53 AM
That sounds awesome! Do you guys get with Canada and his crew for games? If we are all close (p/l proximity) maybe we can link up and have a huge tailgate party!

"Canada and his crew" are the only ones I tailgate with at Arrowhead...all others are lame by comparison, hahahaha.

Seriously...we're all one in the same crew from Chiefs Crowd who tailgate together.
:chiefs:

Connie Jo
09-24-2010, 03:01 AM
We will be there....I am riding in with Connie Jo and David and his buddy are just gonna find the RV.

Hey, we need to coordinate plans! Ryan aka YZILLA called me this afternoon, wanting to be sure I'd be there, which I will be. Ryan said Canada & friends are parking the RV somewhere over by Worlds of Fun! I didn't think to ask him about Canada's plan for entering the stadium, but Ryan told me his groups plan, haha. Ryan's group is staying in a hotel downtown in the Power & Light District...his buddy Nate had a deal there on a hotel. They're planning on entering Arrowheads lots as soon as the gates open. He said he'd like to park near X-Factor, cause they're good friends I think. I told him didn't matter to me, but I'd try to be there when the gates opened too...but wasn't sure what your plans were yet Tammie. I told him you & I were sitting together, that you're taking Kelly's seat...& I was excited about us sitting together screaming & beating seats, haha.

Anyway...call me please!! I'm not sure from day to day if I'm gonna have a PC Internet Satellite Provider, so if you don't see me around the net...call me so we can finalize plans to meet up on Sunday!

Seek
09-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Hey, we need to coordinate plans! Ryan aka YZILLA called me this afternoon, wanting to be sure I'd be there, which I will be. Ryan said Canada & friends are parking the RV somewhere over by Worlds of Fun! I didn't think to ask him about Canada's plan for entering the stadium, but Ryan told me his groups plan, haha. Ryan's group is staying in a hotel downtown in the Power & Light District...his buddy Nate had a deal there on a hotel. They're planning on entering Arrowheads lots as soon as the gates open. He said he'd like to park near X-Factor, cause they're good friends I think. I told him didn't matter to me, but I'd try to be there when the gates opened too...but wasn't sure what your plans were yet Tammie. I told him you & I were sitting together, that you're taking Kelly's seat...& I was excited about us sitting together screaming & beating seats, haha.

Anyway...call me please!! I'm not sure from day to day if I'm gonna have a PC Internet Satellite Provider, so if you don't see me around the net...call me so we can finalize plans to meet up on Sunday!

Connie, we are going to Lot N. I know YZilla is friends with X Factor, but I am not. Nothing against those guys, I like them and what they do, but trying to get close to them last game was a Cluster F.... I don't have the patience to deal with the traffic in and out of Lot A. Me an my family I have become very comfortable in Lot N over the years. Canada, Dell and Hayvern all wanted to join me and my BBQ so they agreed to just meet up with where I go. I tried to accomodate the lot A thing last game, but that traffic boiled my blood. I won't be headed there again any time soon.

Everyone is welcome to eat and leave to meet up with whoever they want to see. It won't hurt my feelings.

pbatrucker
09-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Seek!
Are you going to have your grill going in lot N and we bring meat?
We will attempt to get into lot N and join up.

Seek
09-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Seek!
Are you going to have your grill going in lot N and we bring meat?
We will attempt to get into lot N and join up.

I will have my Grill going. I am bringing about 6 slabs of smoked ribs, and 14 chicken breast. I will just use the grill to warm those up and there will be plenty of heat left if you want to grill your own stuff. We have tons of plates, napkins and forks etc.. left over from home opener. Apparently everyone was planning on 600 people to show up.

Since Canada and friends are coming in by RV, They will try to park him in the gravel behind lot N. Just looked that up on the Chiefs website so my stubborness of being in Lot N, will actually help Canada.

Because of this, I will probably try and find a grass spot at the back of Lot N facing the practice facility, under the power lines. I would say it would actually be about 100 to 150 yards south of that Gravel parking lot, probably right in the middle of the power line poles.

At least that is where we used to hang out.

Connie Jo
09-30-2010, 03:09 AM
Connie, we are going to Lot N. I know YZilla is friends with X Factor, but I am not. Nothing against those guys, I like them and what they do, but trying to get close to them last game was a Cluster F.... I don't have the patience to deal with the traffic in and out of Lot A. Me an my family I have become very comfortable in Lot N over the years. Canada, Dell and Hayvern all wanted to join me and my BBQ so they agreed to just meet up with where I go. I tried to accomodate the lot A thing last game, but that traffic boiled my blood. I won't be headed there again any time soon.

Everyone is welcome to eat and leave to meet up with whoever they want to see. It won't hurt my feelings.

Well, I'm late with reading all this, obviously, hahaha. When I made that post above to Tammie, after Ryan had called me...I don't think Ryan realized, or knew at that time, that plans were in place for us all to tailgate in Lot N. Since I needed to lay a bit low until I knew for sure where my 'x' was getting my activity info from...I hadn't been here to read any updated tailgate plans for the 49er's game either.

Anyway, alls well that ended well, and we all ended up tailgating in Lot N. Heck, I don't care where we tailgate, as long as we're together...I'm good & happy, lol. :)