PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Win AFC West?

jap1
08-31-2010, 01:14 AM
So, apparently Football Outsiders has predicted the Chiefs will win the AFC West. I havent had much time to dedicate to watching the NFL this year (too busy with working and coaching) so I cannot put in my two cents. I hope they are right of course, but form what I read the defense needs some more work before we win anything. Here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/16365/chiefs-get-major-endorsement

On another note, apparently John Lynch likes our defense:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/16342/john-lynch-likes-kansas-citys-defense

Enjoy!

Connie Jo
08-31-2010, 01:29 AM
YEEHAW!! Heck, I have had FAITH all along!...including in our defense, so much so...I drafted the Chiefs defense as my starting defense on both of my FF teams! :)

tornadospotter
08-31-2010, 01:36 AM
I have Faith, I believe, we can do it. time will tell. But until it is all said and done, I believe!

jap1
08-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Sorry, it has been awhile since I have been on this site, and I posted the links the wrong way. Hopefully this will make it easier to check it out:

Chiefs get major endorsement - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/16365/chiefs-get-major-endorsement)

John Lynch likes Kansas City's defense - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/16342/john-lynch-likes-kansas-citys-defense)

AussieChiefsFan
08-31-2010, 03:40 AM
Sorry, it has been awhile since I have been on this site, and I posted the links the wrong way. Hopefully this will make it easier to check it out:

Chiefs get major endorsement - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/16365/chiefs-get-major-endorsement)

John Lynch likes Kansas City's defense - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/16342/john-lynch-likes-kansas-citys-defense)
I just like the names of those two links :)

matthewschiefs
08-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Good to see we are at least getting some love from others. Just anther sign that things are getting better in kc.

KCINNYC
08-31-2010, 12:12 PM
YEEHAW!! Heck, I have had FAITH all along!...including in our defense, so much so...I drafted the Chiefs defense as my starting defense on both of my FF teams! :)

Totally! Its what we've been TRYING to tell people forever!

Seek
08-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Can we just focus on winning the first game? The AFC West can not be won, if we don't beat AFC West teams at home.

chiefnut
08-31-2010, 01:29 PM
i was shocked to see the defense play much better than the offense against philly. i hope the offense can improve to make us competitive.

Chiefster
08-31-2010, 02:32 PM
Wat too early to predict AFC West champs.

OPLookn
08-31-2010, 02:32 PM
i was shocked to see the defense play much better than the offense against philly. i hope the offense can improve to make us competitive.

I'd expect our defense to play better than our offense. Most of our big draft picks the last few years have been defense. I'm just hoping a few offensive guys will step it up and play well this year and then we can start drafting wants instead of needs.

matthewschiefs
08-31-2010, 02:34 PM

It is to early but at least we are starting to get some love. :chiefs:

okikcfan
08-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Preseason is just preseason, the real test will be on that first monday night at home. Dreams can come true and let's all hope it starts then and there. If we can start off with a win vs san diego, this will be a very very good year! GOOO CHIEFS!

Chiefster
08-31-2010, 02:45 PM
It is to early but at least we are starting to get some love. :chiefs:

YouTube- Teddy Pendergrass - Close the door (Nutty Professor) (HD)

bwilliams
08-31-2010, 03:20 PM
It's possible to win the division. We have an extremely easy schedule and play in a division that 8-8 has won very recently. Cassel is the 2nd best QB in the division, and we have a good running game and secondary.

But considering we're returning nine starters from the 31st ranked defense and an offensive line that would have difficuties against a juco pass rush, I'm not holding my breath.

Chiefster
08-31-2010, 03:25 PM
It's possible to win the division. We have an extremely easy schedule and play in a division that 8-8 has won very recently. Cassel is the 2nd best QB in the division, and we have a good running game and secondary.

But considering we're returning nine starters from the 31st ranked defense and an offensive line that would have difficuties against a juco pass rush, I'm not holding my breath.

Excellent post reply; one I feel I can identify with even though I feel it's way too early to call. Good job! :bananen_smilies046:

KristofLaw
09-02-2010, 06:22 PM
One can dream.... Go Chiefs!! :chiefs: :sFl_canada2:

MDChiefs!
09-04-2010, 12:14 PM
I think it might be a season too early to declare us division winners, but I definitley think we have a shot at finishing 2nd. We have to set the tone against SD on opening night. If we can somehow beat them, then we could be on our way to a much better seasons than last year

Coach
09-04-2010, 10:16 PM
I think it might be a season too early to declare us division winners, but I definitley think we have a shot at finishing 2nd. We have to set the tone against SD on opening night. If we can somehow beat them, then we could be on our way to a much better seasons than last year

KC will have a lot of fans when they play SD on MNF. Oakland and Denver fans will be rooting for us because all 3 teams believe they have a shot at the division title if SD stumbles early.
:boltssuck:

Pro_Angler
09-04-2010, 10:56 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

Pro_Angler
09-04-2010, 10:57 PM
explicit... san diego sucks, denver sucks, raiders suck..but we will suck a little less.

josh1971
09-04-2010, 11:46 PM
explicit... san diego sucks, denver sucks, raiders suck..but we will suck a little less.

This. :bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
09-05-2010, 04:00 PM

Not if one believes in rainbows bestowing blessings upon Arrowhead and our beloved Chiefs! Not if one see's those rainbows wearing rosey red colored sunglasses!! LOL

Seriously, it's all speculation this early, but of course...still, I have witnessed way more positive than negative with our 'new Chiefs', and I believe we can, and will win the AFC WEST!! :D

OTR Chiefs fan
09-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Not if one believes in rainbows bestowing blessings upon Arrowhead and our beloved Chiefs! Not if one see's those rainbows wearing rosey red colored sunglasses!! LOL

Seriously, it's all speculation this early, but of course...still, I have witnessed way more positive than negative with our 'new Chiefs', and I believe we can, and will win the AFC WEST!! :D

I enjoy your optimism as all Chief fans do. But I think the Chiefs will have an 8-8 seasons, which will be an improvement over the last two years and I think the team is headed in the right direction. I just think our youth and inexperience will create some losses in games that we probably had a chance to win. I hope to be proved wrong, but that is what I see. :chiefs:

Connie Jo
09-05-2010, 07:50 PM
I enjoy your optimism as all Chief fans do. But I think the Chiefs will have an 8-8 seasons, which will be an improvement over the last two years and I think the team is headed in the right direction. I just think our youth and inexperience will create some losses in games that we probably had a chance to win. I hope to be proved wrong, but that is what I see. :chiefs:

I think I can help out with your sight problems...you wanna borrow my rainbow vision and rosey red glasses? :D

chief31
09-05-2010, 07:59 PM
The last couple of preseason games have me feeling better and better about the chances for The Chiefs this season.

Not ready to go predicting playoffs. But not far from it.

OTR Chiefs fan
09-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I think I can help out with your sight problems...you wanna borrow my rainbow vision and rosey red glasses? :D

Alright bring 'em over! I'm all in! :lol:

Connie Jo
09-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Alright bring 'em over! I'm all in! :lol:

:lol: Well, I usually have them with me when at Arrowhead, so if ya make it to a game let me know, and I promise I'll let ya borrow them!! hahahaha :)

Chiefster
09-07-2010, 01:57 AM

Oh, I agree, Connie, that absolutely anything is possible in spite of probabilities. :D

SIC J
09-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Our running game is strong but no one fears the Chiefs passing game. Cassel and the OL need to step up their game.

Defense has improved but I still feel like the secondary is weak and thats going to hurt the Chiefs.

Hopefully the adjustments are made in the regular season. If they are, being I think the West isn't a very strong division this year, the Chiefs have a chance to win it but I'm not holding my breath.

If they beat the Chargers opening game, I will be 100 times more confident in them.