PDA

View Full Version : trade brodie croyle for matt leinart

marloweopatchiefs
09-01-2010, 01:54 PM
i don't care about a thread that was already made saying matt lienart. This is a totally different forum.

bwilliams
09-01-2010, 02:02 PM
i don't care about a thread that was already made saying matt lienart. This is a totally different forum.

It's a terrible idea on any forum.

MDChiefs!
09-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Leinhart hasnt progressed at all since hes been in the NFL, and is still as immature as ever. Hes garbage. If he cant command the respect of his locker room, why would we want anything to do with him? He sucks, hes expensive, and he insists on starting. Brodie knows the system, and is a much better back up than Leinhart.

I would rather pick up Quinn for free if hes cut if anything. Hell, I like Palko over Leinhart. I just dont see anyone trading for Leinhart because of his contract

marloweopatchiefs
09-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Well everyone has there opinion. Croyle hasn't won a game though ever. Lienart has to me it would be a bit of an upgrade

MDChiefs!
09-01-2010, 02:07 PM
If he is getting beat out by Derek Anderson, who has only been there for 2 months, that speaks volume about Leinhart. Even if he were better than Brodie, is it worth him to pay him his outrageous contract? For a backup? We have more important positions to spend that kind of money on

marloweopatchiefs
09-01-2010, 02:09 PM
md chiefs good point i suppose. Im just scared if cassel goes down cause im not a croyle fan at all.

bwilliams
09-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Well everyone has there opinion. Croyle hasn't won a game though ever. Lienart has to me it would be a bit of an upgrade

Not all upgrades (or downgrades) are on the field. Croyle is a lousy QB but a great locker room guy. Leinert is almost as lousy of a QB and a lousy locker room guy. We'd essentially be trading for a locker room cancer to minimally upgrade our 2QB spot.

We'd be better off finding a decent vet after cuts (someone like McCown, Garcia, or Frye) and going with him than trading for Leinert.

yashi
09-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Matt Leinart = Left-handed Matt Cassel minus the charisma and leadership ability.

Last starts:
Leinart vs. Titans: 21-31, 220 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 7.1 yards per attempt, 88.1 QB rating
Croyle vs. Ravens: 16-24, 177 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 7.4 yards per attempt, 116.1 QB rating

I'll just stick with Brodie. Better looking last season against a better defense.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-01-2010, 04:22 PM
I think Croyle absolutely sucks but I would start him everyday of the week before I started Leinart.

wildcat
09-01-2010, 04:27 PM

The only difference between this Matt Leinart thread and the other one is the title. Both are about the possibility of trading to make Matt Leinart a backup.

And the only reason Leinart is a potential upgrade is because Brodie is too injury prone. I am a huge Brodie fan, but I don't think he is ever going to be able to carry the load for more than a game if he is ever asked to. Brodie is an extremely talented QB and he could have been our long term answer if he could have stayed healthy.

MDChiefs!
09-01-2010, 05:17 PM
I feel the same way. I thought we got a steal when he fell to the 3rd round of the 06 draft...I also thought he was going to be able to rid himself of the injury bug..guess not. Had he never had the injuries he at Bama he would have never made it out of the first round. Such a shame when you have a QB that talented, but he cant stay healthy.

The only difference between this Matt Leinart thread and the other one is the title. Both are about the possibility of trading to make Matt Leinart a backup.

And the only reason Leinart is a potential upgrade is because Brodie is too injury prone. I am a huge Brodie fan, but I don't think he is ever going to be able to carry the load for more than a game if he is ever asked to. Brodie is an extremely talented QB and he could have been our long term answer if he could have stayed healthy.

figcrostic
09-01-2010, 05:19 PM

No sir

slc chief
09-01-2010, 07:56 PM

YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT WOW

slc chief
09-01-2010, 08:03 PM
md chiefs good point i suppose. Im just scared if cassel goes down cause im not a croyle fan at all.

I AM ALSO WORRIED ABOUT THAT

buffman316
09-01-2010, 09:46 PM
As much as I hate to say it, at least Lienart might stay healthy. The problem is that instead of getting the injury bug guy, we would be getting the locker room cancer bug guy.

hometeam
09-02-2010, 05:12 PM
short answer - no thanks.

AkChief49
09-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Last starts:
Leinart vs. Titans: 21-31, 220 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 7.1 yards per attempt, 88.1 QB rating
Croyle vs. Ravens: 16-24, 177 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 7.4 yards per attempt, 116.1 QB rating

I guess I would have to PASS on this deal also. Nice Yashi, I was thinking of the same game(the last one I seen him-BC- play in). Leinarts' attitude alone is not worth even mentioning a trade/play for him. We just got rid of a locker room tumor. I will not mention that name.:chiefs2: :chiefs2: :chiefs2: