PDA

View Full Version : houshmandzadeh to be released

slc chief
09-04-2010, 10:11 AM
T.J. Houshmandzadeh's time with the Seahawks is coming to an end (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2012805513_hawk04.html)
3 Comment (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/tj-houshmandzadehs-time-with-the-seahawks-is-coming-to-an-end-405014.html)
September 4 Seattle Times

Share Article (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0))
"T.J. Houshmandzadeh left Seattle on Friday, flying out of town.
His departure from the Seahawks is expected Saturday, when the team is expected to release him if it can't trade him. Saturday is the deadline for NFL teams to trim their rosters to 53 players.
Either way, Seattle is expected to cut ties with the receiver it signed only a year ago, even if that means eating the $7 million in guaranteed salary he is owed for 2010.
Houshmandzadeh did not answer his phone or return a text message Friday. Chad Ochocinco, his former teammate at Oregon State and with the Cincinnati Bengals, expressed his surprise on Twitter.
"Disturbing news," Ochocinco wrote. "I can't even fathom the thought of a receiver the caliber of Housh being traded, let alone released."
Ochocinco indicated he will be lobbying heavily for the Bengals to bring him back. Houshmandzadeh played eight seasons in Cincinnati before signing with Seattle as a free agent in March 2009.
The addition was considered a victory when Houshmandzadeh picked the Seahawks over the Minnesota Vikings or a return to the Bengals. He caught 79 passes last season, the most on the team, but fewer than he had in any of the previous three seasons."

Click here for full article (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2012805513_hawk04.html)

slc chief
09-04-2010, 10:12 AM
i would love to see this receiver in kc.i know it probably wont happen but he is a good possesion/move the chains on third down receiver.i can not believe they are cutting him

matthewschiefs
09-04-2010, 10:57 AM
I would not mind seeing that we sign him. But I don't think it's likely.

bwilliams
09-04-2010, 11:30 AM
I would not mind seeing that we sign him. But I don't think it's likely.

Yeah, I'd love to bring him in to replace Urban, but it seems a no-brainer move for he and the Bengals to join back up.

wolfpack
09-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Maybe trade paige,mays and urban for him. He`s still as good or better than what we have.

MDChiefs!
09-04-2010, 12:54 PM
We dont throw the ball downfield enough to warrant us signing him to the money he wants. And not only are him and Chambers pretty much the same exact WR, but neither of them play the slot, and he would just be taking looks away from McCluster. Hes awesome, but I dont see him coming here with the offense were running

honda522
09-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Now this wouldn't be a bad pick up.....Better than Patrick Crayton.

LasVegasWJT
09-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't think the Chiefs need any more receivers. McCluster is going to surprise a lot of people, Chambers is better than the price the Chiefs paid for him, and I believe this is the year that Bowe gets over his funk.

yashi
09-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Over the hill and thinks he's better than he really is. I doubt he'd sign without guarantee of a starting job, which he wouldn't get here obviously. If he can still play the slot he'd probably free up McCluster to be used all over the place though.

slc chief
09-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Over the hill and thinks he's better than he really is. I doubt he'd sign without guarantee of a starting job, which he wouldn't get here obviously. If he can still play the slot he'd probably free up McCluster to be used all over the place though.

he is 33 years old still plenty of left in the tank.the chargers,vikings,cardinals all have made offers for him recently.i hope he takes the vikings or cardinals gig.i do not want to see him in a san diego uniform

Coach
09-04-2010, 04:03 PM
We dont throw the ball downfield enough to warrant us signing him to the money he wants. And not only are him and Chambers pretty much the same exact WR, but neither of them play the slot, and he would just be taking looks away from McCluster. Hes awesome, but I dont see him coming here with the offense were running

He would be a backup to Chambers. Not sure if he's willing to accept that role and if we're willing to pay him that kind of money to be a backup. San Diego or Denver seem like a likely stop.

he is 33 years old still plenty of left in the tank.the chargers,vikings,cardinals all have made offers for him recently.i hope he takes the vikings or cardinals gig.i do not want to see him in a san diego uniform

Me either.

Ryfo18
09-04-2010, 05:28 PM
He sucks, and he's more of a drama queen than Ochocinco. You just don't hear about it. No thanks.

Pro_Angler
09-04-2010, 11:32 PM
well we need help at WR thats for sure..
I really more so we pick up some cuts that can help our o and D lines..

yashi
09-05-2010, 09:27 AM
He sucks, and he's more of a drama queen than Ochocinco. You just don't hear about it. No thanks.

We agree a lot.:punk:

Drunker Hillbilly
09-05-2010, 10:43 AM
He sucks??? Ha, now this is funny! Drama queen, maybe. Sucks.......I don't consider apprx 900 yds and 9 TD's over the last 6 year crap numbers. I haven't looked but I'm guessing those numbers blow Chambers out of the water over that time period. He would most certainly be a starter on this team.

AkChief49
09-05-2010, 08:46 PM
He sucks??? Ha, now this is funny! Drama queen, maybe. Sucks.......I don't consider apprx 900 yds and 9 TD's over the last 6 year crap numbers. I haven't looked but I'm guessing those numbers blow Chambers out of the water over that time period. He would most certainly be a starter on this team.
true, but word is he has lost his legs. It happens

KristofLaw
09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
He's a Raven...

2010 Fantasy Football Impact: T.J. Houshmandzadeh To the Ravens | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/453859-2010-fantasy-football-impact-tj-houshmandzadeh-to-the-ravens)