PDA

View Full Version : T-Rich released by Jets

Three7s
09-05-2010, 08:17 PM
I know there's already a topic on T-Rich, but this is for the lazy ones!

Jets release veteran fullback Tony Richardson (http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/09/jets-release-veteran-fullback.html)

GET HIM BACK HERE!

Connie Jo
09-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Now, I hope Clark & Pioli bring him home to Arrowhead, where he should've remained...in my humble opinion. :)

hometeam
09-05-2010, 08:25 PM
see what did i say in the other thread! LETS GET HIM! COX AND CASTILLE ARE NOTHING COMPARWED TO OUR MAN TRICH!

matthewschiefs
09-05-2010, 08:47 PM
I would LOVE to see him back in KC. Nothing against Cox but T rich is just better.

yashi
09-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Amen, get this man back in a Chiefs uniform immediatley. I could care less if he's 38. He's no longer the runner or pass catching threat he once was, but he still blocks at an incredibly high level, probably better than most of our offensive linemen.

Pro_Angler
09-05-2010, 09:31 PM
yea get him back here!! he deserves to be a chief again.. he is the right king of 53 we need

slc chief
09-05-2010, 10:01 PM
you know thomas jones is lobbying for him

toyotapower
09-05-2010, 11:01 PM
He deserves to retire in a chiefs jersey.

OTR Chiefs fan
09-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Now, I hope Clark & Pioli bring him home to Arrowhead, where he should've remained...in my humble opinion. :)

T-Rich needs to be in a Chiefs uniform again. He will always be a Chief in my eyes, along with Tony Gonzalez. :chiefs:

Jimpac
09-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Tony Gonzalez is Dead to ME!
Watch the Chiefs have a better season than the Falcons.

stricken721
09-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Tony Gonzalez is Dead to ME!
Watch the Chiefs have a better season than the Falcons.

This is a Tony Richardson thread.

But as for Tony G... I wouldn't necessarily say he is dead to me. I don't agree with his decision, but he had a great career while he was with us.

AussieChiefsFan
09-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Oh man it'd be awesome to see him back at Arrowhead!

Drunker Hillbilly
09-06-2010, 12:07 PM
have to admit I was wrong on this one. I didn't think they would release him.

Connie Jo
09-06-2010, 12:31 PM
T-Rich needs to be in a Chiefs uniform again. He will always be a Chief in my eyes, along with Tony Gonzalez. :chiefs:

Yep! CP burning T-Rich was a huge negative turning point for me with CP. Then his conflicts with Jared Allen, letting him go as a result of those personality conflicts was the final straw.

T-Rich never wanted to leave, & he offered to take a pay cut to stay a Chief. He was dedicated to the Chiefs both on & off the field...hosting Draft Day without fail every April, community charities, and so much more. His private residence is still in Kansas City, last I heard.

I hope the Chiefs do the respectful thing, as well as right thing with bringing T-Rich home to Arrowhead. He will contribute both on the field and off as always. T-Rich in a Chiefs uniform is a win win situation for the Chiefs, the community, and fans. :)

Jimpac
09-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Yea I know, He just broke my heart!

bwilliams
09-06-2010, 04:01 PM

You know he was traded, right? That he was shipped out by our front office for a second round pick? He'd still be a Chief if they wanted him to be a Chief.

Connie Jo
09-06-2010, 04:34 PM

Assuming you're responding to strickens comment related to TG...there is much more to his becoming a Falcon than what appears on the surface. Including controversy between CP & TG, which resulted because CP stuck his nose into the game plans often, and at times pulled GM rank over Coach Edwards...not allowing TG to achieve records during games he was close to achieving, and not letting Tony receive as much as he wanted to.

You know he was traded, right? That he was shipped out by our front office for a second round pick? He'd still be a Chief if they wanted him to be a Chief.

Assuming you also are referring to TG...you are 100% correct! Tony became a fall guy for that entire situation, to save CP & the Chiefs organization from pissed off retaliating fans, who were already falling by the wayside with habitual game losses, & losing seasons.

matthewschiefs
09-06-2010, 05:05 PM

He would still be a chief if he wanted to be a chief. When you have a player that does not want to be here then it's best to let the player move on most the time. He wanted to go to a place that had a better chance to get a superbowl. I have not lost any respect for him. I hope he does well. I don't care if the falcons win or lose but I like to see him doing well. It may or may not have anything to do with my fantsay teams. :lol: :D

bwilliams
09-06-2010, 05:35 PM
He would still be a chief if he wanted to be a chief. When you have a player that does not want to be here then it's best to let the player move on most the time. He wanted to go to a place that had a better chance to get a superbowl. I have not lost any respect for him. I hope he does well. I don't care if the falcons win or lose but I like to see him doing well. It may or may not have anything to do with my fantsay teams. :lol: :D
It's funny how all of these guys who have said nothing other than that they'd love to be life-long Chiefs (JA, TG) are shipped off by GMs trying to rebuild in thier own image. And all of a sudden reports start coming from the front offices that the players really wanted out all along. It's almost as if the GMs are covering their asses for shipping out fan favorites for picks.

matthewschiefs
09-06-2010, 06:05 PM
It's funny how all of these guys who have said nothing other than that they'd love to be life-long Chiefs (JA, TG) are shipped off by GMs trying to rebuild in thier own image. And all of a sudden reports start coming from the front offices that the players really wanted out all along. It's almost as if the GMs are covering their asses for shipping out fan favorites for picks.

JA was defently ran out. I don't think that is the casy with TG. Tony has made it clear that he wants to win a superbowl. And there was talk long before the Gm that traded him got to K.C that he wanted out. I don't think you can say that about Tony.

chief31
09-06-2010, 07:29 PM
have to admit I was wrong on this one. I didn't think they would release him.

Same. I am very surprised by that move.

And I say bring him in. He obviously wants to play. And, everywhere he goes, so does the the rushing success.

Even as great a season as Chris Johnson had last year, T-Rich led the way for the team with the most rushing yards. He has made a habit of that.

toyotapower
09-06-2010, 07:35 PM
He re-signed with the jets.

chief31
09-06-2010, 07:50 PM
DOH!!!!
:lol:

Connie Jo
09-06-2010, 08:41 PM

The reason he began wanting to leave KC is because of negative aspects to his career and personal disadvantage, that were transpiring behind the scenes and on the field with CP, Edwards, & so on. Tony is a man of character and class, he's not going to publicly bash the organization that he spent the majority of his Hall of Fame career with, respectively.

For the most part, other than those players who lack wisdom...there is a 'code of silence' in the NFL. The public is only told those aspects of trades & contract negotiations of which are favorable to the organization more often than not. The players benefit by taking the fall in many aspects...including trust among possible teams they don't want to burn future bridges with.

Tony took 100% of the blame as a matter of class, respect for the Chiefs, his teammates, Lamar, and himself. Negotiations of trade to Atlanta had begun under CP, not Pioli. Pioli finished the trade with Atlanta respectively as a matter of ethics.

That's my opinion formed from reading between the lines paying attention to the less obvious details back when the walls began tumbling down for CP. CP was desperate to cover his own butt any way he could with fans...of which were already calling for his head over losing T-Rich, Allen, others. CP sold TG out, just like he did the rest, partially because of money, partially because of ego & arrogance...I'll always believe that.

Connie Jo
09-06-2010, 08:44 PM

Yep, isn't it though. I totally agree.