PDA

View Full Version : MNF National Anthem

Vanilla Garilla
09-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Wifey was wondering who is singing the national anthem this monday night on such a joyous occasion.

Cant find info anywhere on the web.

Connie Jo
09-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Wifey was wondering who is singing the national anthem this monday night on such a joyous occasion.

Cant find info anywhere on the web.

Well, our National Anthem is considered to be one of the most difficult songs to sing by vocalists...otherwise I wouldn't be surprised to see Hank Jr. singing it, haha. My guess is he will be in attendance.

I assume he's still a Chiefs season ticket holder, a loyal Chiefs fan. He was in attendance, on the field participating with the induction ceremony of Neil Smith into the Chiefs HOF. Hank & DT became close friends during DT's years playing for Bama...which led to Hank becoming a loyal & dedicated Chiefs fan, as well as then becoming close friends with Neil thereafter.

Chiefster
09-07-2010, 01:53 AM
I like the last part of that song the best.

"...and the home of the CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Connie Jo
09-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I like the last part of that song the best.

"...and the home of the CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Me too!!

Although, I have to admit with the war's going on overseas currently, I feel a bit awkward replacing "brave" with "Chiefs", but I sure do it.

tornadospotter
09-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Me too!!

Although, I have to admit with the war's going on overseas currently, I feel a bit awkward replacing "brave" with "Chiefs", but I sure do it.
All our troops are Chiefs, in my mind, and they are very brave! So I would suggest yelling brave Chiefs!!!!!

Canada
09-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Are they doing the Canadian national anthem too?:sFl_canada2:

GlennBree
09-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Are they doing the Canadian national anthem too?:sFl_canada2:

YES! YOU ARE! BETWEEN BEER #13-14!!!

Canada
09-08-2010, 09:57 AM
YES! YOU ARE! BETWEEN BEER #13-14!!!

You want me to sing it at 10am?:drunkhb:

GlennBree
09-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Oh snap! Yea...good point!
No. I want to witness this event! Please wait until maybe between beer #24 & #25.

Chiefster
09-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Me too!!

I hear ya Connie but there has never been any disrespect meant by it. I'll bet our service men and women who are Chiefs fans aren't offended.

Connie Jo
09-09-2010, 09:52 PM
I hear ya Connie but there has never been any disrespect meant by it. I'll bet our service men and women who are Chiefs fans aren't offended.

Oh, I know, and doubt any one is offended. I'm not offended either, and also yell Chiefs instead of 'brave'. It's just I've felt a bit awkward since the wars began. It's just 'me'...I am awkward, lol.

stricken721
09-09-2010, 09:56 PM
It looks like Billy Ray Cyrus is singing the anthem now. Hmm..

buffman316
09-10-2010, 12:01 AM
I hope that is a bad rumor about Billy Ray Cyrus. Oh well, at least it is not his daughter.

Chiefster
09-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Oh, I know, and doubt any one is offended. I'm not offended either, and also yell Chiefs instead of 'brave'. It's just I've felt a bit awkward since the wars began. It's just 'me'...I am awkward, lol.

I do get what your sayin kiddo. ;)

Connie Jo
09-10-2010, 01:27 AM
I hope that is a bad rumor about Billy Ray Cyrus. Oh well, at least it is not his daughter.

Totally agree!! I'm not a teeney bopper Country Music fan at all. In fact, I don't care for most of today's so called Country. Nashville began selling out after the mega Garth Brooks era...mid 90's I think.

As far as Billy Ray...I actually do like Billy Ray. I had the privilege of meeting him back in the early 90's...and he's a very simple Kentucky country boy, down to Earth, God fearing man. He performed his concert for damn near 3 hours that night. Unbelieveable energy & dedication! I've not heard him sing in many years, but at least back in the 90's...he had a very talented voice. He's a very talented song writer as well. I have 2-3 of Billy's early career CD's. His song, "Some Gave All", of which he sang, but he wrote it also...it's one of my favorite patriotic military ballads.

It will be interesting to hear him sing our National Anthem...his voice is talented, but not sure he can handle the difficult notes in the Star Spangled Banner.

Edit PS: Ya know...in the back of my mind...seem's I remember Billy Ray is a Kansas City Chiefs fan.

Seek
09-10-2010, 09:20 AM

Most of the time, they are not offended as I see them yelling it too during the Veterns day games and if they are, they usually have much worse issues to deal with personally.

Evena after 911, and all the media hype asking people to say Brave, there was still a large number of fans who yelled Chiefs.

Many opposing teams players have said it does indimidate them hearing that before a game, and frankly, I think the Chiefs need all the help they can get. I have never yelled it out of respect, but I do say it in my mind.

Seek
09-10-2010, 09:22 AM
It is no bad rumor. It is true, and Train is performing at half time.