PDA

View Full Version : anyone one know about the DT we got off waivers?

jason1981
09-06-2010, 01:24 PM
any info on him? is he any good?

matthewschiefs
09-06-2010, 01:39 PM
I have not even heard of him before. I hope he turns out to be a good pick up. But we really didn't lose to much to get him. I don't think Lawerance would ever be anything but a SP teams guy.

yashi
09-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah I wasn't a fan of Lawrence. Seems like every kick return he ever had involved running in a straight line and then immediately getting tackled. Hopefully Toribio turns out to be good.

DMN
09-06-2010, 02:25 PM
I think that with the addition of raji they just couldn't find a spot for him. One would think that any DT of real value wouldn't be outright released... but maybe they wanted to snag him for the practice squad after he cleared waivers. at any rate it would be a home run if we get a starting DT via waivers... But I can only believe it is more likely to fill depth.

jason1981
09-06-2010, 04:14 PM
if i recal it correctly i think i read some where about the depth they had in greenbay at NT was the deepest in talent in the league. so heres wishful thinking

KottkeKU
09-06-2010, 06:15 PM
hasn't Raji been a huge bust thus far? I don't recall him being that good last season, but I may be wrong on that one. Is the Packers Defense gonna be good this season? Any does anyone know about their depth along NT and why they release Toribio?

#58ChiefsFan
09-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Green Bays back up nose tackle is a 10 year vet. Toribio is listed at 315 while Raji and Pickett are around 340, which to me is a better weight for the position.

It is Dom Capers second season as there coordinator so I would guess they will improve on there #2 rating for total defense ypg last year.

Coach
09-06-2010, 11:12 PM
I went back and watched the tape of the KC vs. GB game to take a look at him. He played mainly LDE during the KC game. He seemed stout, but he's not a pass rushing threat at all.

He's a big body to plug holes, nothing more. The GB boards that I visited said that he had a good offseason last year, but this year he's been pretty much non-existent.

chiefnut
09-07-2010, 10:24 AM
just wish we kept siiavi, he's doin pretty well w/dallas

SAPHOJUNKIE
09-07-2010, 01:30 PM
just wish we kept siiavi, he's doin pretty well w/dallas

He just got cut, so not that well.

siavii was terrible.

yashi
09-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah Siavii is atrocious. I always wondered why Dallas would have him as a backup NT. Looks like they just started wondering that as well.

chiefnut
09-07-2010, 10:37 PM
I watched 2 preseason games, he actually did pretty well, even the announcers commented on how solid he was.

chiefnut
09-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Seattle waisted no time in signing him, remember he looked good in the denver game, then he hurt his knee and missed 2years. he may not be 100% yet and is probably still learning the game.

a NT does not get sacks he is just supposed to stuff the run and tie up two lineman to allow others to rush the QB

Seek
09-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Seattle waisted no time in signing him, remember he looked good in the denver game, then he hurt his knee and missed 2years. he may not be 100% yet and is probably still learning the game.

a NT does not get sacks he is just supposed to stuff the run and tie up two lineman to allow others to rush the QB

I don't think he was really hurt. At least that is what the perception was about Siavii. The media was making it sound like the Chiefs were becoming frustrated with Siavii because he was mentally hurt and was making excuses instead of sucking it up and playing.

#58ChiefsFan
09-08-2010, 05:16 PM
I would agree with that assessment. One thing this coaching staff will give us win or loose is a mentally tough football team. Guaranteed.

chiefnut
09-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I don't think he was really hurt. At least that is what the perception was about Siavii. The media was making it sound like the Chiefs were becoming frustrated with Siavii because he was mentally hurt and was making excuses instead of sucking it up and playing.

i did read that AFTER his injury he fell into depression and believed he was done playing football, but it was jackie battle who convinced him that he could come back from his injury. he may never stay healthy enuf to be a capable NT but i will always remember when he drove denvers center back 7 yds into cutler, thats what we need whoever it is.