PDA

View Full Version : My biggest MNF worry for the Chiefs...

Connie Jo
09-06-2010, 11:12 PM
This may be a silly worry, by comparison to what some of y'all are worried about. However...what I fear may affect the Chiefs more than anything negatively with facing the Chargers next Monday night...is it being a MNF game.

There is an entirely different element of pressure with playing on MNF than that which typically comes from Sunday game. The majority of our team has never played on MNF, had such National televised attention, nor pressure to perform. It could go either way...affect them negatively or positively, but they're only human, it will make many, if not all very nervous...including possibly coach Haley.

stricken721
09-06-2010, 11:17 PM
I more so think that it's a positive thing. No matter how long somebody has played or watched football Monday Night Football is the best place to play, where everybody watches. It has just a little bit more excitement than just a Sunday game, I lean more towards thinking it's gonna be a positive energy boost for our young team as opposed to a negative one. For the rookies, and 2nd year and some 3rd year guys they have never seen a full capacity crowd either... that should be huge. Anything can happen and that's one of the beauties of the NFL.

Connie Jo
09-06-2010, 11:21 PM
I more so think that it's a positive thing. No matter how long somebody has played or watched football Monday Night Football is the best place to play, where everybody watches. It has just a little bit more excitement than just a Sunday game, I lean more towards thinking it's gonna be a positive energy boost for our young team as opposed to a negative one. For the rookies, and 2nd year and some 3rd year guys they have never seen a full capacity crowd either... that should be huge. Anything can happen and that's one of the beauties of the NFL.

Thank you...for knocking some sense back into me, and lessoning my worries. I tend to agree with you, it's just been so long since we've had a MNF, I didn't consider all the positive aspects you did, such as relating to the adrenaline rush it may bring our younger players. :D

stricken721
09-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Thank you...for knocking some sense back into me, and lessoning my worries. I tend to agree with you, it's just been so long since we've had a MNF, I didn't consider all the positive aspects you did, such as relating to the adrenaline rush it may bring our younger players. :D

The last time I remember us having a night game at home (forgive me if I'm wrong) was on Thanksgiving day in 2006? That game was a huge win over the Denver Donkeys! Ain't nothin' sweeter than a night game at Arrowhead either. :D :chiefs:

Canada
09-06-2010, 11:34 PM
This is gonna be my first night game ever!!

stricken721
09-06-2010, 11:37 PM

Same here. :yahoo:

Canada
09-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Im gonna celebrate it with beer.

kylebigmac09
09-07-2010, 12:01 AM
I see it as a positive. I think if we come out with the huge capacity crowd going nuts and making it feel a little like the good 'ole days, and can pull out a win, ticket sales are going to go up and playing in front of a larger home crowd can only be good for us throughout the season.

LasVegasWJT
09-07-2010, 12:24 AM
I can't wait!!!!

Connie Jo
09-07-2010, 01:25 AM
I've been to a night game before, but not Monday Night Football. Had to be a Sunday night game...cause all family holidays were hosted at my house, know for sure it wasn't a Thanksgiving game, haha.

Chiefster
09-07-2010, 01:29 AM
I will be looking for you all on my TV. You should try to sneak in a big Chiefs Crowd banner! :D

Canada
09-07-2010, 07:46 AM
If Coach provides me with a big banner, I will fly it in the stadium!!

buffman316
09-07-2010, 09:48 AM
There is a different feel to MNF and the stadium atmosphere is unforgettable. Let's hope that energy translates to the players and we start the season off with a win!

honda522
09-07-2010, 03:39 PM
It shouldn't be a problem. Your at home, its an honor to play on a Monday game.

SIC J
09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I was planning to fly out to watch the game for the past couple months but due to other priorities, I can't which really sucks. Would've been my first Chiefs game at home and night game.

Guess I'll be watching the game at home with a bunch of Charger fans. haha

Pro_Angler
09-07-2010, 07:47 PM
my worry is that our offense and Cassell have shown no signs of putting points on the board. Even against the chargers you can expect that they will put up 20+ pts and we will have a hard time doing that.

#58ChiefsFan
09-07-2010, 08:45 PM
my worry is that our offense and Cassell have shown no signs of putting points on the board. Even against the chargers you can expect that they will put up 20+ pts and we will have a hard time doing that.

THIS!

tornadospotter
09-07-2010, 08:48 PM
If Coach provides me with a big banner, I will fly it in the stadium!!
:thumbup1::chiefs::chiefs:

matthewschiefs
09-07-2010, 09:18 PM

I hope our D can hold them to under 20. If it's a shootout I don't like out chances late in the game. If we can run the ball like we did in the preseason we might be able to keep the ball away from them late. That's our best chance.

Canada
09-07-2010, 11:08 PM

apples and oranges, you can't compare our preseason offense to the offense that is gonna be on the field for all 4 quarters on Monday. I think the O will be able to put some points up once they get moving!!

Sn@keIze
09-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Ryan Matthews and Sproles are my biggest concerns

AkChief49
09-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Not to mention, Gates

Canada
09-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Not to mention, Gates

Im pretty comfortable with our secondary!! :chiefs:

GlennBree
09-08-2010, 07:51 AM

Me too! Super Duper Excited!!

Canada
09-08-2010, 09:59 AM

However I do tend to agree with this sentiment a bit. We'll see Monday!! :yahoo:

KCINNYC
09-08-2010, 10:11 AM
I am not concerned at all. The game starts at 9:15 P.M. Central. Everyone that is going to the game (including myself) will be tailgating for hours before the game starts. HOURS. Way too much time to get liquored up and pissed off. Arrowhead will be the loudest it has been in years. The crowd gives the Chiefs the advantage.

Chiefs 24-Chargers 21

Canada
09-08-2010, 10:24 AM
I am not concerned at all. The game starts at 9:15 P.M. Central. Everyone that is going to the game (including myself) will be tailgating for hours before the game starts. HOURS. Way too much time to get liquored up and pissed off. Arrowhead will be the loudest it has been in years. The crowd gives the Chiefs the advantage.

Chiefs 24-Chargers 21

Don't get me wrong, I like the Chiefs to win but Im more concerned about stopping the run than I am about stopping the passing game. As for getting liquored up...Im not much of a drinker really. :2bang9hj:

Chiefs 28
Chargers 24

MDChiefs!
09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
^ I agree. Stopping the run was our biggest issue last year. If we expect to beat the Chargers our first priority should be to shut down Ryan Matthews and their screen game. I have confidence in our secondary to get their job done and keep Gates and Floyd covered (as much as they can)

AkChief49
09-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Im pretty comfortable with our secondary!! :chiefs:
As am I. I'm hoping for a lot of Berry and Flower picking!!!!:bananen_smilies046: Chiefs vs. Chargers: Containing Antonio Gates Is Key - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/9/7/1674655/chiefs-vs-chargers-containing)

WichitaChiefs
09-08-2010, 05:43 PM
im not worried about pressure these guys are pro's and have been playing years.

SalinaChiefsFan
09-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Im gonna celebrate it with beer.

Late to the thread guy approves!!! :D :D