PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Kennison Tailgate

stricken721
09-08-2010, 06:35 PM
I saw this on the Chiefs website and thought I would pass it along. It looks like you might have a chance to meet and get your picture with Eddie Kennison, and tailgate with him.

Tailgate with Eddie

Prior to the Monday Night Football Game, former Chiefs WR Eddie Kennison and his wife Shimika are holding a tailgate party to benefit Kennison’s Quick Start Foundation!

The party well be held in Parking Lot D-4 and is open to the entire community. Kennison will be signing autographs, taking photos and chatting with Chiefs fans. The free tailgate party, which will begin at 5 p.m., will feature free Glace’ ice cream and other treats from Christopher Elbow, artisanal chocolatier.

Kennison started The Quick Start Foundation in 2003 after Shimika was diagnosed with Lupus, a chronic autoimmune disease can affect the joints and the major organs of the body including the heart, lungs, kidneys and brain. The Kennisons formed the foundation to raise funds for research for a Lupus cure and to provide support for families who are dealing with the disease. Through the foundation, the Kennisons also provide scholarships to area high school seniors who want to continue their education.

The Chiefs Crowd tailgate will still be better! :D

Pro_Angler
09-08-2010, 08:43 PM
That is soo friking cool..

can I get anyone to get me a autograph and mail it to me?? Signed pick or something to Jasper would be greart. I'll pay for the pic and postage..Please....

stricken721
09-08-2010, 09:30 PM
That is soo friking cool..

can I get anyone to get me a autograph and mail it to me?? Signed pick or something to Jasper would be greart. I'll pay for the pic and postage..Please....

I'll try my best to get you something signed. No guarantees though. :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
09-08-2010, 09:55 PM
I'll try my best to get you something signed. No guarantees though. :bananen_smilies046:

Im coming with you!!

buffman316
09-09-2010, 12:03 AM
As much as I love Eddie, I think I will be having too much fun at the Chief's Crowd Tailgate to stop by there.
:bananen_smilies046:

stricken721
09-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Im coming with you!!

He's gonna be in D lot, which lot is our tailgate going to be in?

Chiefster
09-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Outstanding!!

Canada
09-09-2010, 01:59 AM

I believe we are going to be in A

I always like to do a tour around the parking lot and see everyone!!

KCINNYC
09-09-2010, 01:47 PM
As much as I love Eddie, I think I will be having too much fun at the Chief's Crowd Tailgate to stop by there.

There is a Chiefscrowd tailgate?

Connie Jo
09-09-2010, 02:20 PM
There is a Chiefscrowd tailgate?

Yep...been in the planning stages and discussed for a couple months now. Check out the "Locker Room" forum for related threads to our Chiefs Crowd 'Official' tailgate plans, of which is also in part an effort for charity...the Lukemia and Lymphoma Society. :)

Connie Jo
09-09-2010, 02:33 PM
I saw this on the Chiefs website and thought I would pass it along. It looks like you might have a chance to meet and get your picture with Eddie Kennison, and tailgate with him.

Tailgate with Eddie

Prior to the Monday Night Football Game, former Chiefs WR Eddie Kennison and his wife Shimika are holding a tailgate party to benefit Kennison’s Quick Start Foundation!

The party well be held in Parking Lot D-4 and is open to the entire community. Kennison will be signing autographs, taking photos and chatting with Chiefs fans. The free tailgate party, which will begin at 5 p.m., will feature free Glace’ ice cream and other treats from Christopher Elbow, artisanal chocolatier.

Kennison started The Quick Start Foundation in 2003 after Shimika was diagnosed with Lupus, a chronic autoimmune disease can affect the joints and the major organs of the body including the heart, lungs, kidneys and brain. The Kennisons formed the foundation to raise funds for research for a Lupus cure and to provide support for families who are dealing with the disease. Through the foundation, the Kennisons also provide scholarships to area high school seniors who want to continue their education.

The Chiefs Crowd tailgate will still be better! :D

Agree the Chiefs Crowd tailgate will be better, lol. That said, I have a personal interest in Eddie's tailgate for charity. I don't talk about it much, no point really, but through a biopsy done suspecting Cancer...I was diagnosed with Lupus in February 2009. I'm grateful the diagnosis came back as Lupus, rather than Lukemia/Skin Cancer as suspected. Still, Lupus can be a life threatening illness for 15% of those affected by Lupus.

Shoot, the diagnosis came just a couple weeks before my 'x' hubby had his final meltdown & my asking him to move out. I could add being diagnosed with Lupus to my list of reasons I hate February, but since I see it as a blessing in some aspect, I don't add it to the reasons I dread & hate February. :)

Me too! I'll go with ya!

Im coming with you!!

Me three!!

Oh, I agree, but I'm gonna try to walk over to Eddie's at some point. Our Chiefs Crowd tailgate begins early afternoon, around 1 or so. Eddie's is at 5 PM...and lot D isn't that far of a walk from where we'll be in Lot A. :)

Lot A, not too far of a walk from Lot D, but a walk somewhat. :)

I believe we are going to be in A

I always like to do a tour around the parking lot and see everyone!!

Agree! Especially since we have a full day and evening of tailgating, there will be plenty of time to mingle here and there, for a bit. I plan on spending the majority of time at Chiefs Crowd tailgate of course!!

Pro_Angler
09-09-2010, 05:24 PM
please dont forget to get a auto for me to Jasper..pleaseeee..write a post it or something so not to forget...:)

Connie Jo
09-10-2010, 02:42 AM
please dont forget to get a auto for me to Jasper..pleaseeee..write a post it or something so not to forget...:)

I won't forget!! Cross my Chiefs heart! :D

stricken721
09-10-2010, 06:15 PM

I got ya covered man. I went to Sports Nutz today and got a picture of him to get signed sign for you. :bananen_smilies046:

Pro_Angler
09-11-2010, 02:14 PM
I got ya covered man. I went to Sports Nutz today and got a picture of him to get signed sign for you. :bananen_smilies046:
You are a gentelman and a scholar!!@!!! I love being a chiefs fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro_Angler
09-13-2010, 07:30 PM
pleaseee dont forgettttttt .....