http://twitter.com/DavidClowney

Chiefster
09-09-2010, 01:42 AM
Never heard of him; of course that means nothing. :D

Seek
09-09-2010, 09:14 AM
8am tomorrow...He wouldnt be a bad pick up if hes signed

http://twitter.com/DavidClowney

He 14 catches 191 yards and 1 TD with the Jets last year.

yashi
09-09-2010, 09:18 AM
He's a very good special teams player and would probably be our WR4.

Ryfo18
09-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah if you watch Hard Knocks you got to see his story. Lifelong special teamer that never really got along with the Jets Special Teams coach. Nothing special here.

DMN
09-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I wonder who would get the bump if we were to sign him? I know that Copper is pretty much on the team for his special teams abilities... If this guy can run routes than why not.

I was thinking that maybe Horne could be demoted to the practice squad... but the fact that Lawrence was demoted makes me think that Horne turned some heads.

bwilliams
09-09-2010, 10:09 AM
I wonder who would get the bump if we were to sign him? I know that Copper is pretty much on the team for his special teams abilities... If this guy can run routes than why not.

I was thinking that maybe Horne could be demoted to the practice squad... but the fact that Lawrence was demoted makes me think that Horne turned some heads.

I have to think either Cox or Castille is next on the chopping block. Do we really need two FBs?

And I like the pickup. Clowney fills a need at 4WR and he's a good special teams guy. A solid vet at a cheap price.

buffman316
09-09-2010, 10:46 AM
I have been watching him on hard knocks and he does have some good special teams skills, and like Ryfo said, he never really got along with the coach. It would be good to add some depth to WR with this guy and build up the special teams unit that could be magical this season!

MDChiefs!
09-09-2010, 11:04 AM
I think we keep Cox and Castille. I think the next one to guy to go is Verran Tucker. I think Clowney goes straight to PS

bwilliams
09-09-2010, 11:21 AM
I think we keep Cox and Castille. I think the next one to guy to go is Verran Tucker. I think Clowney goes straight to PS

I'm pretty sure he isn't eligible for PS. This is his third year.

And Tucker's already been released (Chiefs trade Page, release 13 players - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Agbhk8wstG8xo8xOWRQZLMr.uLYF?slug=ap-chiefsmoves)).

bbacker51
09-09-2010, 11:26 AM
what was the name of the fullback on hard knocks last night that got released. He seems like he's got something to prove......and probably will.

hometeam
09-09-2010, 04:12 PM
if you wathed hard knocks the fullback also turned down reps in practice cuase he didnt feel like he was going to make the team, and had a bad attitude overall. Not the type of guy KC is looking for~

Clowney on the other hand looked good sometimes, and also had some moments where he wasnt getting to the ball on special teams, which is why he was cut.

id say it would be a wash for us to pick him up considering how well horn played in the preseason.

Coach
09-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Chiefs will workout David Clowney today.

wolfpack
09-10-2010, 09:44 AM
i`v read this guy has a problem with dropped passes. He`d fit right in with our guys.

matthewschiefs
09-10-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't think that he will be a big impact for this team. But right now I think we need help at the WR spot. Outside of Bowe and Chambers and Mccluster who will see some time at WR I don't think we have anything eles there. Any help would be good help.

Seek
09-10-2010, 12:43 PM
i`v read this guy has a problem with dropped passes. He`d fit right in with our guys.

If that is true, we don't need him. If Special teams are his only upside, I am perfectly fine sticking with who we have. You know follow the DV theory. The guys were in camp with you and they get your loyalty.

If he is a clear upgrade at the Receiver position and the coaches would know this best. If that change is made. So be it.

I would just hate getting rid of J. Horne and find out he is another one of the unrestricted FA receivers that become a star like Miles Austin.