PDA

View Full Version : QBs

Chiefette31
09-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Can't get anyone to answer my question over on KCChiefs.com so figured I'd ask u guys. Am I correct that we only have 2 QBs on our current roster? If go forbid, something happens to Cassel, it's almost a given before the game ends Croyle will be injured, who is our 3rd string? The practice squad doesn't suit up do they? Just not sure of all the rules but figured with Croyle's record of injuries a 3rd stringer is almost mandatory!

#58ChiefsFan
09-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Go watch chiefs live from this week. I believe it's in part 1, looney talked for a few minutes about this. Basically if both qbs were out they would have to run a "wildcat" type offense for the remainder of the game, then God forbid Palko would start the next game.

matthewschiefs
09-10-2010, 10:45 AM
2 qbs is a risk. I don't think that it is a given that if Matt goes down Brodie would by time that game ends. Brodie did make it through the whole raven game last year without getting hurt. I am sure we would have time to bring a guy in or add Palko to the roster if Cassell is going to miss a lot of time. It's a risk to only carry 2 qbs on the roster But I don't think that it is going to be a big factor.

buffman316
09-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Keep in mind that is something does happen to Matt, it is likely the Chiefs will seek out an immediate trade for a QB. You are correct, they only have two QB's on Roster. You don't want a Plako or someone who won't be any good taking up a spot, so the best thing to do is get a good one, only if you need to.
:chiefs:

yashi
09-10-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure who the emergency 3rd QB is actually. Typically it's whoever had the most experience playing QB in HS/college, and usually this information is known, but I don't think it's been mentioned.

I'd guess we'd just go to a full on wildcat offense like mentioned earlier with McCluster, Charles, and Jones.

Palko would of course be called up from the practice squad for the next game if needed. I don't really worry too much about this happening. It's really unlikely for the 1st and 2nd string quarterbacks to both get hurt in the same game. The only time I remember this happening is against the Patriots in 2008, but we still only used two quarterbacks in that game.

n2un
09-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Brady Quinn is on the radar... $700k per year and knows the offense

2010chiefs
09-10-2010, 09:52 PM
If it does happen like somebody else said. An immediate trade or pick up of a worthy QB out there that might even be a second stringer on another team. GO CHIEFS!

tornadospotter
09-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Dexter was a QB in high school. My quess is he will be the emergence QB, and operate the wildcat offense.

I think, not for sure.

stricken721
09-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Dexter was a QB in high school. My quess is he will be the emergence QB, and operate the wildcat offense.

I think, not for sure.

Eric Berry was a QB as well.

DMN
09-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Ya know this move is defininately tough to get my head around with the fact that we are carrying 2 FBs... I know we are going to be a running team but I mean cmon.. If the D sees Cox AND Castille in the backfield they are gonna audible to a run blitz and blow it up...

So with the likelihood of both of them being on the field at the same time why are we carrying 2? I would really like to see a 3rd QB. But I guess Cassel has proved he is tough... Look at last year.

Pro_Angler
09-11-2010, 02:19 PM
There are several teams with only 2 QB's on roster. If wasnt for Brodies prone to injuries I wouldnt bee too concerned. I dont think it would be difficult to find someone if need be.

OTR Chiefs fan
09-11-2010, 10:04 PM
There are several teams with only 2 QB's on roster. If wasnt for Brodies prone to injuries I wouldnt bee too concerned. I dont think it would be difficult to find someone if need be.

Haley was quoted as saying that he had some other players taking snaps in case that became a reality. He didn't say who, but it's a scary thought none the less. :chiefs:

Pro_Angler
09-12-2010, 12:42 PM
I think we will be fine, the chances of both QB's going down in one game is soooo slim.. I would not object to bringing in Quinn or some other young QB to mentor.

azchiefsfan
09-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Last year I would have been going into the season pretty scared at the thought, but in the preseason the pass protection was average for most teams. The only time there was sacks or hits was when Cassell and Croyle held the ball too long on play action. The O line has grown a pair (so far) and I am not nearly as worried for Cassells saftey this year. Sweet mother of God! Let Berry throw before getting that slimey puke Quinn. He was a loser at Notre Dame, all we need is him running like a scared deer here. That guy needs to be coaching peewee league where he belongs.

azchiefsfan
09-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Let all the Catholics now run to his defense. (rolls eyes)