PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo Vs. Matt Cassel

KCINNYC
09-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Anyone watching Cowboys Redskins game? Tony Romo looks dreadful! Why is he such a sensation when he looks worse than Cassel on his worst day? Why do we not support Matt Cassel more as a fan base? ARG!

CHIEFS!
LETS GO MATT!

matthewschiefs
09-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Romo is one of the most overrated players in football.

Cassel is a lot closer to his skill level then most would have you think. I am high on Cassel. Given the right team around him he can be a good to great qb. Theres only one scare that he holds on to the ball to long. But this will only be his 3rd year starting. There is still pleanty of time for him to work that out. I think he has more of an upside the Romo does.

josh1971
09-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Romo is suffering bad o-line. I think he has some talent, but he has one of the worst cases of happy feet I've ever seen tonight.

And hey, minus a fumble return, Donovan McNabb and the Redskins ain't exactly tearin' it up on offense, either.

azchiefsfan
09-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Read some of my posts about Cassell. I think, and have made known, he is a very good QB. :punk:

70 chiefsfan70
09-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Romo is one of the most overrated players in football.

Cassel is a lot closer to his skill level then most would have you think. I am high on Cassel. Given the right team around him he can be a good to great qb. Theres only one scare that he holds on to the ball to long. But this will only be his 3rd year starting. There is still pleanty of time for him to work that out. I think he has more of an upside the Romo does.

Yep I agree, Cassel will be much better at getting rid of the ball, parcially due to more experience, but mostly having speedy McCluster!

Cassel is a much better QB than Romo, IMO

matthewschiefs
09-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Romo is suffering bad o-line. I think he has some talent, but he has one of the worst cases of happy feet I've ever seen tonight.

And hey, minus a fumble return, Donovan McNabb and the Redskins ain't exactly tearin' it up on offense, either.

Cassels o line is not much better if any at all. And maybe the happy feet of Romo is his thing like Cassel holding on to the football. I hope Cassel lights it up tonight and proves that he can be a great Qb for the Chiefs.

SIC J
09-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Romo is the downfall to the Cowboys.

Chief Tyler
09-13-2010, 06:11 PM
You guys are delusional. Romo didn't play his best game, but he wasn't directly responsible for the loss. He had a few mistakes that probably should have been taken advantage of and weren't but he still managed to get his team down the field one last time and into the end zone if it wasn't for that holding call. Even on a supposedly horrible day for him, he was still a top 15 quarterback. Cassel hasn't proven himself capable of doing that even when the defense is focused on the running game. Cassel definitely doesn't have the strength, accuracy or awareness. Plus, he's a gunslinger similar to Brett Favre, mistakes are part of the job. If players were judged based on one game you could consider Cassel better than any player that played. Any player that throws 4 picks in the playoffs against the sorry Chiefs certainly can't be a good player can he? Oh wait. Cassel is asked to be more of a "manager", (limit his mistakes) which he hasn't done. Finally, Romo's career rating is higher than Cassel's best season with the Pats which was just a shade better (statistically) than Romo's worst.

I'd take Romo over Cassel any day. With Cassel at the helm in his current state the best this can hope for is to be average.

Chief Tyler
09-13-2010, 06:13 PM

Okay. That's why they're a consistent playoff contender in a competitive division right? Especially since they were so much better before he stepped up.

SIC J
09-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Okay. That's why they're a consistent playoff contender in a competitive division right? Especially since they were so much better before he stepped up.

Cowboys will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Romo as QB. Same as the Chargers will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Rivers. Getting to the playoffs means NOTHING if you can't actually WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Chief Tyler
09-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Cowboys will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Romo as QB. Same as the Chargers will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Rivers. Getting to the playoffs means NOTHING if you can't actually WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS.

SO CASSEL IS GOING TO GET US A RING?

Pro_Angler
09-13-2010, 07:45 PM
I think that Romo is very overated as well, but with that said I'd still take him over Cassell..

SIC J
09-13-2010, 08:12 PM

I'll make that judgement after this season is over. I don't think anyone here honestly thought Cassel would come to KC his first season and this huge drastic change would happen. There was so much wrong with the Chiefs before last year it wasn't even funny. This year is really gonna decide and let us know the "future" of the Chiefs for the next couple of years.

Cassel has proved he could win games with a good supporting cast already just like Romo.

matthewschiefs
09-13-2010, 08:22 PM

I don't no if Cassel will ever be the guy to get us the ring But I don't think that he will be the guy the prevents us from wining the ring. If we get the right people around him then I think we could win a ring with him at QB.

josh1971
09-13-2010, 08:48 PM

No, based on last night's game, it's right tackle Alex Barron that is the downfall of the cowboys.

Donovan McNabb and the Redskins managed two field goals for the whole game.

But Barron's THREE holding penalties, especially the one on the last play of the game, killed them. Romo seems hardly the problem. O-line is the problem in Dallas.

yashi
09-13-2010, 09:06 PM

Getting to the playoffs means a whole lot to a team that never gets to the playoffs.

Also, Romo is a great quarterback. I can't believe what I'm hearing here. You guys did see him win that game single handedly on the last play last night, only to have it blown by that imbecile bust Alex Barron, right? He extends the play better than any quarterback in the league.

bwilliams
09-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Getting to the playoffs means a whole lot to a team that never gets to the playoffs.

Also, Romo is a great quarterback. I can't believe what I'm hearing here. You guys did see him win that game single handedly on the last play last night, only to have it blown by that imbecile bust Alex Barron, right? He extends the play better than any quarterback in the league.

And everyone also seems to have forgotten that both Rivers and Romo have won playoff games. Rivers has even been to the AFC Championship game.

I hate it that everyone's writing off Cassel, and I think he's a good QB who was put in a terrible position in 2009. But get real people.

josh1971
09-13-2010, 09:22 PM

Yep, between Barron's Cranial-rectal inversion syndrome and that pretty questionable play call at the end of the first half, Romo hardly looked like the problem.

I hate it that everyone's writing off Cassel, and I think he's a good QB who was put in a terrible position in 2009. But get real people.

I'm certainly not writing off Mr. Cassell. I think I'll wait and see how this season goes, at least. :bananen_smilies046:

SIC J
09-13-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm not going off just last nights game. And I know several true die hard Cowboy fans who have said themselves that they wish the Cowboys would trade Romo and dislike him. Same as many Charger fans who feel the same way about Rivers.

bwilliams
09-13-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm not going off just last nights game. And I know several true die hard Cowboy fans who have said themselves that they wish the Cowboys would trade Romo and dislike him. Same as many Charger fans who feel the same way about Rivers.

OK, I'm not calling you a liar. But I don't believe any Cowboys fans or Chargers fans are that stupid.

SIC J
09-13-2010, 09:31 PM
OK, I'm not calling you a liar. But I don't believe any Cowboys fans or Chargers fans are that stupid.

In all fairness, they're Cowboy and Charger fans to begin with. LOL

But yes, they don't believe that Romo and Rivers have what it takes to win the BIG games.

yashi
09-13-2010, 09:37 PM
I saw some idiot Cowboys fan say the same about Romo on Facebook earlier today. The Cowboys won't win because of Wade Phillips, not Romo. I'll take him if they don't want him.

bwilliams
09-13-2010, 09:37 PM
In all fairness, they're Cowboy and Charger fans to begin with. LOL

But yes, they don't believe that Romo and Rivers have what it takes to win the BIG games.

People said the same thing about Elway, Young, Brees, Manning, and just about every SB-winning QB not named Roethlisberger or Brady. It takes time for QBs to win championships unless they're backed by great coaches, offensive lines, and defenses.

hardcorechiefsfan
09-14-2010, 02:20 AM
I hate Dallas Cowboys but I think Romo is GOOD, very good. I guess we shall see if Cassel is up to leading his O-line again Dallas.

Chief Tyler
09-14-2010, 02:38 AM
Anybody still want Cassel? The dude blows. Coaching staff doesn't trust him on 3rd and long so they hand it off instead after two straight up the gut runs.

josh1971
09-14-2010, 02:51 AM
Anybody still want Cassel? The dude blows. Coaching staff doesn't trust him on 3rd and long so they hand it off instead after two straight up the gut runs.

I'm fine with keeping him. Weak performance tonight, but I don't know much about the Charger D. It's too hasty to get rid of him yet.

I will admit that he and the offense need to improve, but I don't think it's time to knee-jerk react to this bad performance.

yashi
09-14-2010, 09:16 AM
All I can say is, it will be very disappointing if we're still a QB away from a playoff team after next season. I'm in a really good mood after last night's win for sure, but we won't win many games with Cassel playing like that!

kcvet
09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
ill take an O that can block !!! then evaluate the QB

rongreen1@mac.com
09-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Cassel is very probably the worst QB in the NFL.

SIC J
09-14-2010, 05:29 PM
He wasn't even giving a chance tonight. Throwing the ball pretty much only on 3rd and long most of the game every 4 mins, probably is gonna result in good numbers. And the receivers need to find a way to get OPEN! Most of the time they were blanketed.

chief31
09-14-2010, 09:17 PM
No, based on last night's game, it's right tackle Alex Barron that is the downfall of the cowboys.

Donovan McNabb and the Redskins managed two field goals for the whole game.

But Barron's THREE holding penalties, especially the one on the last play of the game, killed them. Romo seems hardly the problem. O-line is the problem in Dallas.

Well, to be fair, had he not held on that last one, then Cowboys fans that would like to restart the agonizing search for a starting QB may have gotten their wish.

Romo was going to get his clock cleaned if that hold didn't happen.

As far as Cassel? I am still behind him.

Rough situation lastnight.

Stumplifter
09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
I guess Patriots fans felt the same way about Cassel... check out the thread from Oct of 2008
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/167188-breakdown-matt-cassels-sack-numbers-19-sacks-2nd-most-nfl.html

Pro_Angler
09-16-2010, 06:54 PM
yea MAtt hasnt learned anhything in 3 years.. he still hlds the ball too long .. I know why ..wanna know???

he for one cant read defenses, he doesnt know how to check out of plays, he doesnt have the mentality to read the field past 1 or maybe 2 recievers.