PDA

View Full Version : the new Arrowhead sounded like the old Arrowhead

wants to win
09-14-2010, 10:21 AM
OK here I am. And kudos' to the Chiefs for playing a hard fought game. As far as I can see the actual only hole is the passing game. All other facets of the game were really pretty good with the exception of a couple blown coverages and missed tackles but otherwise it was a nice win. As I stood there in the rain and cold it reminded me of days gone by. Arrowhead was beyond LOUD! I'll leave with just five words.
Cassel has got to go. :toast2:

marloweopatchiefs
09-14-2010, 10:51 AM
I don't think cassel was all the bad? He had 1 td and 0 inteceptions. Granted he only threw for 68 yards but what's wrong with that? He didn't need to throw that much he has his running attack win the game for them. Geez give the dude some time.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
09-14-2010, 01:24 PM
It wasnt all his fault they didnt pass alot we pounded it in thier @$$

Coach
09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
If Weis had been calling pass plays in that weather with the lead, we would have lost.

matthewschiefs
09-14-2010, 02:44 PM
If Weis had been calling pass plays in that weather with the lead, we would have lost.

I agree the weather was a HUGE factor in our playcalling when you have a lead at home in that weather it's not the best idea to be airing the ball out. Maybe we could have thrown the ball a little more but it all worked out in the end.

bbacker51
09-14-2010, 05:20 PM
The main thing here is the Win.........also the 0 int's. I don't know if our defense could have held the bolts if we gave them another chance.

#58ChiefsFan
09-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Stopped them fourth and short early in the quarter too, that was an amazing goal line stand had a bygone era feel to it!

Heres to our "new" defense:toast2:

and a drink for all the folks that wrote this group off preseason :koolaid:

Well done Chiefs. Well done.

Chiefster
09-14-2010, 08:00 PM
The defense gave up a lot of yards in that second half, but the yards they didn't give up were the most important.

2010chiefs
09-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Funny how even after a great game like last night, the only player that didn't show up is the player everyone is worried about. MATT CASSEL. I was with my freinds at a bar last night watching the jets game before the Chiefs game and as pittiful as Mark Sanchez played, a freind of mine bet me that Mark Sanchez 74 yrds would still be more then Matt Cassel. Of course Matt Cassel loses me that bet with 68 yrds passing. Pathetic. He gets a free pass from me this week because we won. How long will that last though seriously. We need him to be more confident and accurate with his throws. Everyone else is doing a great job. GO CHIEFS!

Hayvern
09-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Geez, you Cassel haters have to step away from the edge. I was not all that excited about what Cassel did on the field, but having gone back and watched the game again, I take away two things.

1. The offensive line is still sucking up the field. Cassel was sacked early when O' Callahan waved the Mack truck through. Additionally, there were a lot of running plays for no gain because our line lost the trench battle on offense.

2. Drops once again raise their ugly head. Bowe had one that was clearly catchable and should have been caught. There was clearly 4 other passes that should have been caught! Honestly, these guys get paid to catch those types of passes. If these guys want to be called elite receivers, they have to give Cassel a little help and catch the damn ball!

Seriously, how do you guys expect Cassel or Weis to trust the passing game when our receivers are having such a hard time catching the ball?

And another thing, this nonsensical BS of catching a pass 2 yards short of the first down marker has got to stop! If it is 3rd and 8, then Charles has no business catching a pass and running out of bounds 2 yards short of the marker. Don't they practice that?

If I was Weis, with the weather, the offensive line play, and the receiver drops, I would have walked away from the pass as well.

One more thing. When you are leading by two touchdowns, you are NOT going to see a lot of deep passes from this team. This team is built to run the ball and they are going to eat up the clock, which is exactly what they were doing last night!

tammietailgator
09-15-2010, 01:46 AM

Definitely!!! It was bad!

jacko58
09-15-2010, 02:31 AM
.... how bout those fans!!!! we were loud and proud a wins a win

Chiefster
09-15-2010, 03:28 AM
Geez, you Cassel haters have to step away from the edge. I was not all that excited about what Cassel did on the field, but having gone back and watched the game again, I take away two things.

1. The offensive line is still sucking up the field. Cassel was sacked early when O' Callahan waved the Mack truck through. Additionally, there were a lot of running plays for no gain because our line lost the trench battle on offense.

2. Drops once again raise their ugly head. Bowe had one that was clearly catchable and should have been caught. There was clearly 4 other passes that should have been caught! Honestly, these guys get paid to catch those types of passes. If these guys want to be called elite receivers, they have to give Cassel a little help and catch the damn ball!

Seriously, how do you guys expect Cassel or Weis to trust the passing game when our receivers are having such a hard time catching the ball?

And another thing, this nonsensical BS of catching a pass 2 yards short of the first down marker has got to stop! If it is 3rd and 8, then Charles has no business catching a pass and running out of bounds 2 yards short of the marker. Don't they practice that?

If I was Weis, with the weather, the offensive line play, and the receiver drops, I would have walked away from the pass as well.

One more thing. When you are leading by two touchdowns, you are NOT going to see a lot of deep passes from this team. This team is built to run the ball and they are going to eat up the clock, which is exactly what they were doing last night!

This...whole thing! Good post!

Another thing Cassel did right was NOT throwing the interception or putting the ball on the ground. Yes he held onto the ball too long, but when it's third and long with an "O" line that has problems with the blitz and receivers that didn't get open I'd rather see him take a sack then to throw a pick out of desperation.

OPLookn
09-15-2010, 01:28 PM

While I'm not ready to go throwing Cassell off the ledge I'll have to disagree.

1. Either the offensive line sucked or it was good enough to let the Chiefs run the ball at will, give him time to throw passes or not. If you gave the line half as much of a chance as you've been giving Cassell nothing would have been said. For as many times as you can count a guy getting thru to sack Cassell I can remember the line giving him 4 or 5 seconds to hold onto the ball only to eat it. Granted we only had 135 yards rushing but it was also in the rain, it ranks 5th in the league right now and per attempt we had 5.2 yards. Granted most of that is because of JC's 65 yard TD run but don't you have to have good blocking to do that?

2. Yes drops reared their ugly head again but the two I remember involved Bowe. He dropped the 1st pass one the 1st play of the game because Cassell was hit as he let it go so it was underthrown, into double coverage with a 3rd coming over to hit Bowe as he was up ended. The 2nd drop of Bowe's was underthrown to his outside shoulder. Not an easy catch and I don't care how much you get paid when you add the rain in that's damn near impossible. The other passes I can't speak to but c'mon now, you're acting like receivers should be able to catch anything thrown to them regardless of how it's thrown.

I will agree with you that JC should have known where the 1st down marker was (I'm assuming you're talking about the end of the game when JC went out of bound a few yards shy of the 1st). But mistakes happen and you could see as soon as he caught the ball, turned to run and couldn't turn it up that he was ticked off at himself. It happens, we've got the luxury of being armchair QB's looking at something over and over again on tape and then rehashing it time and time over when JC had mere seconds.

Amen to the not airing it out on bad weather! People that think we needed to pass in pouring rain with a two TD lead just need to simmer down.

Bottom line is we got the win, everyone is learning and the team seems to be gellin like Magellan. I'm not ready to throw Cassell off the boat but at the end of the year if he's not getting the job done this he'll be better next year stuff needs to go. And yes I'm partial to Bowe but that same comment applies to him. Get it done or get gone.

Hayvern
09-15-2010, 01:52 PM
While I'm not ready to go throwing Cassell off the ledge I'll have to disagree.

1. Either the offensive line sucked or it was good enough to let the Chiefs run the ball at will, give him time to throw passes or not. If you gave the line half as much of a chance as you've been giving Cassell nothing would have been said. For as many times as you can count a guy getting thru to sack Cassell I can remember the line giving him 4 or 5 seconds to hold onto the ball only to eat it. Granted we only had 135 yards rushing but it was also in the rain, it ranks 5th in the league right now and per attempt we had 5.2 yards. Granted most of that is because of JC's 65 yard TD run but don't you have to have good blocking to do that?

Not to take away anything from that play as it was really good and we will take it any day, but if you remove that play from the yardage gained, and average out the running plays you get 2.6 yards per carry.

Sorry guys, if we are going to call ourselves a running team, then we have to get better than that period. Again, the 65 yard run is great, but we cannot count on having one of those everygame, that is why those blockers really need to get better and win that trench warfare on offense.

And as down as I am on Bowe, when I watched the replay of the game, did anyone notice that the key block that broke Charles came from Bowe? That was an incredible block and if he did not make it, the game would have been quite a bit different.

So with that is what I am saying that the offensive line is still not up to speed, I hope they get better, but they are not where they need to be.

Canada
09-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Even the announcers were talking about th4e dropped passes. I guess some people expect him to throw it and catch it

Drunker Hillbilly
09-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Still not impressed with Mr. Bowe.......

What a fricken game though!!!