PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Harrison

Sn@keIze
09-15-2010, 03:09 AM
I dont want to rain down on the parade of week one. Im happy as a clam and needed that win.

However. I cant help but think of this guy. Jerome Harrison. Im sure you guys remember that game last year.

(i dont know why but i cant post links here for some reason. Just look him up yourself).

He gashed us for 286 yds and 3 TDs.

If we can keep him bottled up i feel good about our chances.

It seems Mangini doesnt want to give him too many touches. Even tho is average is way over 5. Last week he only had 9 touches. Lets hope Mangini stays stupid like Haley and doesnt give the star players the touches he deserves.

Hayvern
09-15-2010, 03:14 AM
I dont want to rain down on the parade of week one. Im happy as a clam and needed that win.

However. I cant help but think of this guy. Jerome Harrison. Im sure you guys remember that game last year.

(i dont know why but i cant post links here for some reason. Just look him up yourself).

He gashed us for 286 yds and 3 TDs.

If we can keep him bottled up i feel good about our chances.

It seems Mangini doesnt want to give him too many touches. Even tho is average is way over 5. Last week he only had 9 touches. Lets hope Mangini stays stupid like Haley and doesnt give the star players the touches he deserves.

The defense played very very well last night. Derek Johnson was all over the field and the front three really stopped Ryan Mathews. We held the Chargers down to 3.8 yards to rush and a total of 109 yards rushing.

Now I know that the Chargers are always going to be more of a passing team than a running team, but I am encouraged with what I saw last night from the defense.

I have to say that I really think a lot of the change is coming from Crennel. Seriously, this defense looked totally different from the one last year with for the most part, the same people. Think about it, excepting the two new safeties most of the defensive starters are guys that were with us last year.

I hope they stay at it.

matthewschiefs
09-15-2010, 01:08 PM
We didn't have Dorsey for that game last year. We will have him that will help as well. Our D is much better then a year ago but we have to stop him. If we do we win big i think.

Ryfo18
09-15-2010, 01:12 PM
The nice part is that Delhomme may be out. I think the Chiefs can be set on stopping the run first.

Pro_Angler
09-16-2010, 07:48 PM
I think our defense is getting a attitude and I love it!! I only wish our offense had the same attitude.
What I saw out of our D besides the one blown coverage play was just amazing, back to the wall they prevailed and they are young.. MUCHO props..

tenacious
09-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Let's not forget Josh Cribbs. The dude also torched us.

josh1971
09-17-2010, 12:27 AM

On kick returns, he was a beast. Otherwise? He was totally meh. 3 carries for 8 yards, and one catch for 3 yds.

JB

tenacious
09-17-2010, 01:19 AM
On kick returns, he was a beast. Otherwise? He was totally meh. 3 carries for 8 yards, and one catch for 3 yds.

JB

You're right, he only had 269 return yards and 2 TD's. Nothing major.

whatwasthat?
09-17-2010, 02:43 AM
it seems likely that we will be without tyson this game and he played very well in the opener...someone needs to step up big to prevent them from running on us

Sn@keIze
09-17-2010, 03:46 AM
good call.

you can expect to see him in some wildcat too.

josh1971
09-17-2010, 03:51 AM
You're right, he only had 269 return yards and 2 TD's. Nothing major.

Well, in case you didn't read my ENTIRE post, (and clearly you didn't) I said on returns he was a beast, and that OTHERWISE, he was meh.

Don't be in such a hurry to look cool on the internet that you post before reading and thinking, k?

Sn@keIze
09-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Well, in case you didn't read my ENTIRE post, (and clearly you didn't) I said on returns he was a beast, and that OTHERWISE, he was meh.

Don't be in such a hurry to look cool on the internet that you post before reading and thinking, k?
Hey waitasec tho.

Yes only on returns last year. He will get more opportunities Sunday as the QB and as WR,KR.

chiefnut
09-17-2010, 09:11 AM
it seems likely that we will be without tyson this game and he played very well in the opener...someone needs to step up big to prevent them from running on us

Tyson has been an underachiever, we can fill his shoes easily, as for harrison he had a career day against us but this is NOT that same defense and he is NOT a premier back. he ran for nearly as many yards agianst us as the rest of the teams he faced combined. the browns even split his carries w/the FB last week. i would be devastatingly surprised if he has a big day against us this year. especially since the returning D players from last year should be gunning for him.:punk:

honda522
09-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Am I scared of Cleavland? No.Cleavland is the same team as last year. They didn't put up points on us, we put points up on ourselves. This year is different.

fairladyZ
09-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Kansas City Chiefs Front Seven Evaluation: NFL Week One - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/9/17/1694834/kansas-city-chiefs-front-seven#storyjump)

read the whole thing

i think we will miss Tyson quite abit

whatwasthat?
09-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Tyson has been an underachiever, we can fill his shoes easily, as for harrison he had a career day against us but this is NOT that same defense and he is NOT a premier back. he ran for nearly as many yards agianst us as the rest of the teams he faced combined. the browns even split his carries w/the FB last week. i would be devastatingly surprised if he has a big day against us this year. especially since the returning D players from last year should be gunning for him.:punk:

are you kidding? tyson played great against the chargers...he was a big part of our run defense...nobody thought wed miss dorsey as much as we did last year and look what happened