PDA

View Full Version : Cleavland Browns

KCINNYC
09-15-2010, 10:38 AM
I know the win is still fresh in our minds, but its back to work!

Just wondering if you think Romeo knows more about the Browns than we realize and he is going to be a major weapon for us on Sunday...

CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matthewschiefs
09-15-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't think that we need Romeo to no things about the Browns to win. This is a team that we SHOULD beat. As long as we don't let there runner run all over us again like we did last year. I see us beating them pretty good Sunday.

brdempsey69
09-15-2010, 12:37 PM
After what the Chiefs went through last year, there's no reason for them not to be hungry for this game. And don't kick the damn ball to Josh Cribbs.

OPLookn
09-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm worried about the hangover of having an emotional win....a HUGE emotional win. But at the same time this team remembers the HUGE embarrassment that Cleveland gave us on the ground last year.

I'm thinking because of that embarrassment last year they get fired up again and have a big win. I'm calling a 31 - 13 win for the Chiefs. GO CHIEFS!

wildcat
09-15-2010, 01:38 PM
I bet that the Browns know as much about Romeo as Romeo knows about the Browns. I'm not sure that there is much of an advantage either way as far as that is concerned. I'm just glad that Romeo is running our D.

Hayvern
09-15-2010, 01:56 PM
I doubt he knows much anymore, he might have some inside information but I doubt it is anything that any other coach does not have. Romeo has not been working with Cleveland for 2 years.

RedSea_Rouch
09-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I just can't see Cleveland putting up a real fight on Sunday.

We can't beat ourselves though. We know we have a solid running game. We need to use that as much as possible to set up the PA. That stadium is not going to be easy to play in. Cleveland fans are crazy. If we can get some big plays from our Special Teams or a few big runs from Charles, it should take the fans out of the game.

I will personally be watching Glenn Dorsey this week. He is coming off his best game as a pro and has said that he finally feels comfortable in the 3-4. Looking to see if he is for real or not.

Will also be watching:

Berry's ability to recover from a so-so start to his career
Derrick Johnson - has it finally clicked for him?
Cassel - Show us your worth that money.

buffman316
09-15-2010, 03:00 PM
I just can't see Cleveland putting up a real fight on Sunday.

We can't beat ourselves though. We know we have a solid running game. We need to use that as much as possible to set up the PA. That stadium is not going to be easy to play in. Cleveland fans are crazy. If we can get some big plays from our Special Teams or a few big runs from Charles, it should take the fans out of the game.

I will personally be watching Glenn Dorsey this week. He is coming off his best game as a pro and has said that he finally feels comfortable in the 3-4. Looking to see if he is for real or not.

Will also be watching:

Berry's ability to recover from a so-so start to his career
Derrick Johnson - has it finally clicked for him?
Cassel - Show us your worth that money.

Cassel does need a much better game and this should be a good place to start. Eric Berry will be even better and hopefully our defense can take it one step further. I am also looking for more Chambers and Bowe in this one. I am betting money now that McCluster or Arenas has more success than Cribbs!

KCINNYC
09-15-2010, 03:37 PM
I am hoping for a nice sunny day of football. Hope we run all over them all day long.

Am I the only one that doesn't care if Cassel can't throw down field? Dink it all you want and get chunks of yards running. Rich Gannon took the Raiders to the Super Bowl doing that.

honda522
09-15-2010, 05:34 PM
I think the keys to beating Cleavland are shutting down Cribbs, and stopping the run. Force them to pass, kinda like we did to SD..

This year, we route them.

brdempsey69
09-15-2010, 06:02 PM
I think the keys to beating Cleavland are shutting down Cribbs, and stopping the run. Force them to pass, kinda like we did to SD..

Agreed, and this time the Chiefs DB's pick some passes off like they almost did against SD.

matthewschiefs
09-15-2010, 07:17 PM

We should be able to get a few picks in this game as well. There Qb turns the ball over a lot. I think we win big.

Three7s
09-15-2010, 08:10 PM
We should be able to get a few picks in this game as well. There Qb turns the ball over a lot. I think we win big.
Jake Delhomme or Seneca Wallace?

matthewschiefs
09-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Jake Delhomme or Seneca Wallace?

I was talking about Delhomme but he might no play. Wallace has not played enough to no if he tends to turn the ball over or not.

Fastphilly
09-16-2010, 12:33 AM
I would expect more of the same from our meager passing game. We need to see if someone else (TE or WR) will step it up to relieve the double/triple team coverage I seen on Bowe last Sunday. Chambers is not a threat and with unproven tight ends Bowe will see double coverage all day..

josh1971
09-16-2010, 01:15 AM
I would expect more of the same from our meager passing game. We need to see if someone else (TE or WR) will step it up to relieve the double/triple team coverage I seen on Bowe last Sunday. Chambers is not a threat and with unproven tight ends Bowe will see double coverage all day..

We could always take a shot long down field with someone like McCluster running a fly route. I'm sure he can stretch the field.

Fastphilly
09-16-2010, 01:43 AM
We could always take a shot long down field with someone like McCluster running a fly route. I'm sure he can stretch the field.

Good point. I don't think TH is going to get him into the lineup until he studies up on the playbook. We need somebody opposite of Bowe to make secondaries play honest..I can't fault Bowe's play last week..He almost made a leaping catch in triple coverage and another pass was thrown behind him..He would get the better of CB's if it's one on one no doubt!!

ChoppingSince1987
09-16-2010, 02:37 AM
I think we will win big. But, the most important part about beating the Browns is the momentum we will have going into Week 3 versus the 49ers. With an undefeated squad you can guarantee the next home game will be just as rowdy as the MNF game. Here's to a big win in Cleveland and a 2-0 start!

KCINNYC
09-16-2010, 07:32 AM
I certainly hope we win big...but if you want, check out the Browns forumn message board. Every single fan is saying they are going to destroy us by 20 points.

stadw0n306
09-16-2010, 09:01 AM
i think we win big this sunday, im hoping anyway.

SIC J
09-16-2010, 11:33 AM
I certainly hope we win big...but if you want, check out the Browns forumn message board. Every single fan is saying they are going to destroy us by 20 points.

Isn't Delhomme going to be out of this game? I don't see Wallace pointing up 20-30 points for them.

okikcfan
09-16-2010, 11:57 AM
I've been a Chiefs Fan for alota years, and never under estimate the other team no matter how bad they seem. If the D plays as they did on monday, If and I do say IF Matt Cassel can improve his passing game and our O-Line can open up more holes for our running game, Yes we have a good chance to put up some good numbers. If we can win this one and walk away from the 9ers game with a 3-0 this would be WAY better than I expected! And for all of the fans that went to the Monday night game in KC, My hats off to ALL of you for an outstanding job on the (Sidelines) You all Rocked the house and were all a big part of our Chiefs Victory and I for one Thank You for that! GO CHIEFS!

yashi
09-16-2010, 12:02 PM
I wish Delhomme played Sunday. I wanted to see Eric Berry get his first pick 6.

KCINNYC
09-16-2010, 12:50 PM
I wish Delhomme played Sunday. I wanted to see Eric Berry get his first pick 6..

Ha
He also has a bad ankle.

I personally would love to see him play. I always would take a struggling starter over the back up anyday. You never know what a backup will do when he gets his "shot" Sometimes, the adrenaline kicks in and a back up will have a career day.

Pro_Angler
09-16-2010, 06:42 PM
hnere is my take.
We played a hard faught game, short week, cassell was not happy with his performance and rightfully so. I say we are gona open cassell up a bit. I predict a win 27-24 210yds passing and 200yds rushing.

josh1971
09-16-2010, 10:06 PM
hnere is my take.
We played a hard faught game, short week, cassell was not happy with his performance and rightfully so. I say we are gona open cassell up a bit. I predict a win 27-24 210yds passing and 200yds rushing.

Oh please, for the love of god, not that score. How about 27-3, with us ahead right from the go?

I'd love to have a non-maalox game.

Fastphilly
09-17-2010, 12:07 AM
I'd like to see McCluster added in as a slot receiver as the season progresses..I see little progress in our passing game until somebody besides Bowe is able to stretch the field...

Three7s
09-17-2010, 01:41 AM
I'd like to see McCluster added in as a slot receiver as the season progresses..I see little progress in our passing game until somebody besides Bowe is able to stretch the field...
Bowe stretches the field?!

AkChief49
09-17-2010, 11:02 AM

Haley said he was being conservative because of the conditions on the field. Why show all your cards, different sets with DMC etc., if you do not have to? The Browns are being coy about who will be starting QB. I think we are holding a good hand with "Deuces" wild.

matthewschiefs
09-17-2010, 11:42 AM
hnere is my take.

I don't see us giveing up so many points the way our D played last week and did this preseason I think they will be held to much fewer points. I also don't no if we can put up as many points the way the offense has played. I could see a 17-7 game.

chief31
09-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Oh please, for the love of god, not that score. How about 27-3, with us ahead right from the go?

I'd love to have a non-maalox game.
:lol:

Fastphilly
09-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Compared to Chambers, yes he does LOL!!