PDA

View Full Version : How DV would have optomistically commentedon Monday's game

Seek
09-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Based on logic DV said many times before. If it was not for the one play that coverage was blown the Chiefs would have won 21 to 7.

This defense deserves more credit for shutting down a offensive power house like the Charges, and people need to stop saying it was the slow starting Chargers as usual.

Because the game didn't start out that slow. The Chargers went right downt he field on their first drive, and got pushed back, and then went right down again and scored.

If it wasn't for the three great plays by the Chiefs, that game had the making of another route... The team grew and learned that they could win as the game went along.

If the Chiefs can win in Cleveland, this team will have completely changed in attitude from this time last year.

They are now 2-0 in their last two regular season games. That is streak folks. Lets add to it.

Hayvern
09-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Based on logic DV said many times before. If it was not for the one play that coverage was blown the Chiefs would have won 21 to 7.

This defense deserves more credit for shutting down a offensive power house like the Charges, and people need to stop saying it was the slow starting Chargers as usual.

Because the game didn't start out that slow. The Chargers went right downt he field on their first drive, and got pushed back, and then went right down again and scored.

If it wasn't for the three great plays by the Chiefs, that game had the making of another route... The team grew and learned that they could win as the game went along.

If the Chiefs can win in Cleveland, this team will have completely changed in attitude from this time last year.

They are now 2-0 in their last two regular season games. That is streak folks. Lets add to it.

One thing I have learned to realize over the years is that the Chiefs never get any respect. We are like the Rodney Dangerfield of football.

Seriously, even on the talk shows on ESPN after the game, there was no analysis, no discussion about how the Chiefs won the game, not even one commentator talked about the genious of that play that broke Jamal Charles.

If the Chiefs play well, it is all about how the other team played terribly, but in this case they are wrong, the Chargers did not play terribly, they had a respectable game, our defense simply outplayed them.

I would say that their defense outplayed our offense too, where we won the game was in Special teams and turnovers.

Think about it this way, every score in that game, except for the Chargers drive to Antonio Gates can be directly attributed to a large play. Take any, or all of those plays away, the chargers win 7 - 0.

You cannot take those plays away obviously and I am pretty sure the disrespectors out there would chalk this win up to luck, but it was not luck, our defense held the Chargers down when they needed to be held down and by doing that, they should be given some respect.

One game can be considered a fluke, but two or three games, opinions would need to change.

matthewschiefs
09-16-2010, 05:03 PM
One thing I have learned to realize over the years is that the Chiefs never get any respect. We are like the Rodney Dangerfield of football.

Seriously, even on the talk shows on ESPN after the game, there was no analysis, no discussion about how the Chiefs won the game, not even one commentator talked about the genious of that play that broke Jamal Charles.

If the Chiefs play well, it is all about how the other team played terribly, but in this case they are wrong, the Chargers did not play terribly, they had a respectable game, our defense simply outplayed them.

I would say that their defense outplayed our offense too, where we won the game was in Special teams and turnovers.

Think about it this way, every score in that game, except for the Chargers drive to Antonio Gates can be directly attributed to a large play. Take any, or all of those plays away, the chargers win 7 - 0.

You cannot take those plays away obviously and I am pretty sure the disrespectors out there would chalk this win up to luck, but it was not luck, our defense held the Chargers down when they needed to be held down and by doing that, they should be given some respect.

One game can be considered a fluke, but two or three games, opinions would need to change.

We defently don't get respect we have even droped in at least one power rankings to a team that LOST. But after this season we will EARN respect when we start winning more and more.

Pro_Angler
09-16-2010, 06:37 PM
I agree ifnot for the one play it would have been 21-7.. no way they were gonna blow us out with the way our D hgas been playing. We need to kick cassell in the butt or his coordinator..but our D is pretty dammmmm solid!

jwill 747
09-16-2010, 07:20 PM
we played some bend but dont break D