PDA

View Full Version : I hate being wrong

figcrostic
09-19-2010, 10:21 PM
I have been saying for the last year that Cassel was not a good qb and that Berry was a mistake to take at 5. Boy was I wrong Berry has earned every cent of his pay and so has Cassel. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:: lol::lol:

Pro_Angler
09-19-2010, 10:41 PM
You may leave now...2-0 nuff said

matthewschiefs
09-19-2010, 10:43 PM
I can't say much about Cassel point blank he was horrible today.

But Berry he made a mistake he is a rookie if you want to judge a rookie after 2 games be my guest. But that's just rushing to judgment.

figcrostic
09-19-2010, 10:55 PM
I can't say much about Cassel point blank he was horrible today.

But Berry he made a mistake he is a rookie if you want to judge a rookie after 2 games be my guest. But that's just rushing to judgment.

4 td's in two weeks just saying

figcrostic
09-19-2010, 10:57 PM
You may leave now...2-0 nuff said

Our team is definitely better for sure. Our running game is good, our defense is decent special teams good, passing game horrid.

matthewschiefs
09-19-2010, 10:59 PM
4 td's in two weeks just saying

Ok just because a tv annocer blames a TD on Berry does not make it his fault. If Carr does not get beat by Cribbs then there would have been no TD either. The fact is Berry made a mistake but it was not ALL his fault. Plus he is a ROOKIE still learning to play NFL football. He is going to make mistakes. You are now blameing every td we have given up this year on him. ITS NOT ALL HIS FAULT.

Three7s
09-19-2010, 11:20 PM
On the Cribbs TD given up by Berry, it was 3rd and 1, so Berry played the run and got fooled. I would've been fooled too.

Pro_Angler
09-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Berry will make mistaked hes a rookie..whats cassels excuse?? Not his line dont even try using that excuse.

bwilliams
09-19-2010, 11:33 PM
I have been saying for the last year that Cassel was not a good qb and that Berry was a mistake to take at 5. Boy was I wrong Berry has earned every cent of his pay and so has Cassel.

You know, I've had my problems with the Chiefs offseason. But you just aren't much of a fan if you're complaining right now. We're 2-0. Guys like DJ, Gilberry, Belcher, and (shockingly) Edwards have majorly stepped up.

We have some weaknesses that need to be acknowledged. But a half-a$$ gloating session because some pieces of our first place 2-0 team are underachieving is just trolling on your part.

slc chief
09-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Our team is definitely better for sure. Our running game is good, our defense is decent special teams good, passing game horrid.

your a clown . are you really trying to judge a rookie after two games. man you are dumber than your posts. 2 wins 0 losses you can not tell me you are a chiefs fan if you post this garbage after a 2-0 start. why dont you show your true colors clown

matthewschiefs
09-19-2010, 11:35 PM
You know, I've had my problems with the Chiefs offseason. But you just aren't much of a fan if you're complaining right now. We're 2-0. Guys like DJ, Gilberry, Belcher, and (shockingly) Edwards have majorly stepped up.

We have some weaknesses that need to be acknowledged. But a half-a$$ gloating session because some pieces of our first place 2-0 team are underachieving is just trolling on your part.

You shock me with this post. I AGREE with you. We have problems on this team yes that is true. You don't have a 4-12 year and not have some problems. But we ARE 2-0 things are improveing.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Tool alert

slc chief
09-19-2010, 11:37 PM

could not said it better myself
dont forget our bet bwill that is 2 for me so far

tenacious
09-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Berry is a rookie and he came out of college a year early. You're trying to judge an NFL player at 21 years old. Give me a break dude.

stricken721
09-19-2010, 11:47 PM
I think there are a few people on this site who like to start threads just to start trouble and arguments with other members. That's just a hunch though.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-19-2010, 11:50 PM
Don't piss him off..........

chief31
09-20-2010, 12:00 AM
It's kind of funny....

I am generally amazed at the spite that I see being cast on those who bring a negative opinion about The Chiefs.

Rather the team is sitting pretty atop the division at 2-0, or taking en early look at draft picks at 2-9, the sheer hatred that so many cast at someone who so much as mentions a negative aspect of this team just confuses the h**l right out of me.

But, this isn't a negative opinion.

This is you, Figcrostic, literally gloating over a problem with this team.

You truly seem proud and thrilled that we are struggling at the QB position right now.

And, being two games (two wins, mind you) into a transition from a seven-step QB to a quick decision-maker, just seems awefully early for you to be out here stroking yourself about Cassel's poor play.

Not to mention how tasteless an act that is to begin with.

Maybe it is reactionary. Having been trashed so much for your long-standing dislike for Cassel, maybe this classless display is more a result of being treated so harshly for that opinion.

Evenso, I do not find this thread to be any less tasteful than the post in the other thread about "Hate fans like you" and "Don't bring your negativity in here".

Just out of curiosity, when Cassel makes a big mistake, like when he threw a couple INTs today, do you jump up and scream in elation?

It just seems you are way too happy about his short-comings.

Pro_Angler
09-20-2010, 12:08 AM
LOL chief 31 nice job.. I absolutely hate the problems that cassell is having. would i like to see him get better and suceed?? hell yes!!! Do I think he will?? im not that sold. I'm just happy to be 2-0 and our D and special teams playing way above average right now.
Hopefully Weis will figure out the offense soon or we might have to make some changes thats all (I) am saying..

Long live the Chiefs!!!!!

marloweopatchiefs
09-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Lets go with croyle...0-9 as a starter..it's only the 2nd game of the season and we won quit whining

marloweopatchiefs
09-20-2010, 12:14 AM
PS one of the interceptions was a tipped ball and he should have had a td to his stat..not his fault the receiver dropped the ball in the endzone

figcrostic
09-20-2010, 12:35 AM
your a clown . are you really trying to judge a rookie after two games. man you are dumber than your posts. 2 wins 0 losses you can not tell me you are a chiefs fan if you post this garbage after a 2-0 start. why dont you show your true colors clown

All your post is, is insults if your going to say something say it, but insulting people on the internet makes you like a ignorant lil child. Grow up lil boy!:whipping1:

Ryfo18
09-20-2010, 12:35 AM
I think someone is a little insecure. Good job pumping your own tires over the internet figcrostic...

figcrostic
09-20-2010, 12:37 AM
On the Cribbs TD given up by Berry, it was 3rd and 1, so Berry played the run and got fooled. I would've been fooled too.

There's a reason you and I don't play in the NFL. Berry does, I'm not even saying he's horrible, but he's not worth the hype and definetly not worth the pick at 5.

brdempsey69
09-20-2010, 12:42 AM
There's a reason you and I don't play in the NFL. Berry does, I'm not even saying he's horrible, but he's not worth the hype and definetly not worth the pick at 5.

I'll be honest. I would not have chosen Berry at #5 either. I really don't think he's as talented as another Tennessee DB the Chiefs chose at #20 back in '92 -- Dale Carter.

Granted, Berry is a likable guy who is not going to have the off-field issues Carter had, but I still think he was overdrafted.

figcrostic
09-20-2010, 12:45 AM

I'm not hating on the Chiefs, but I am so tired of people making stupid claims like and then having no accountability. If Matt Cassel starts playing awesome I will be the first person to admit I was wrong. When this season ends and Matt continues to play like he does I don't think I will hear one person on here saying "I was wrong about Matt." People say I'm being negative. It's not negative to asses your strengths and weakness. It doesn't make me any less of a fan to say "I don't like this decision..." I am a fan till the end, but that doesn't mean I'm going eat up whatever I hear. The Chiefs are better then they were and I am happy but I am not happy with Cassel and I am not happy with our play calling.

matthewschiefs
09-20-2010, 12:45 AM

So Carr blowing covarge on Cribbs had no impact? If you go back and look at the play Berry was lined up on the other side of the play. Sure if he did not bite on the fake he would have had a chance to stop him and they would not have got a TD. But also I carr does not get beat theres not a td either. Its not one guy that gives up a td its a team d.

chief31
09-20-2010, 12:47 AM

You don't think that making a couple of mistakes in his first two games is reasonable?

Did you happen to have watched troy Polamalu's first season?

There were alot of Steeler fans who were regretting that draft selection midway through his rookie year.

But if two not so great games means that a guy can't be great later on for you, then I guess that's how it is going to be for you.

Just don't tell most NFL Hall of Famers that. Most of them remeber feeling like an idiot several times in their rookie season.

bwilliams
09-20-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm not hating on the Chiefs, but I am so tired of people making stupid claims like and then having no accountability. If Matt Cassel starts playing awesome I will be the first person to admit I was wrong. When this season ends and Matt continues to play like he does I don't think I will hear one person on here saying "I was wrong about Matt." People say I'm being negative. It's not negative to asses your strengths and weakness. It doesn't make me any less of a fan to say "I don't like this decision..." I am a fan till the end, but that doesn't mean I'm going eat up whatever I hear. The Chiefs are better then they were and I am happy but I am not happy with Cassel and I am not happy with our play calling.

Whether Cassel/Berry are doing well or not isn't the point. We all know they're underachieving. But you're trying to gloat about predicting negative things while the Chiefs are an extremely unexpected 2-0.

That isn't what fans do. It's what trolls do.

Fastphilly
09-20-2010, 12:55 AM
You don't think that making a couple of mistakes in his first two games is reasonable?

Did you happen to have watched troy Polamalu's first season?

There were alot of Steeler fans who were regretting that draft selection midway through his rookie year.

But if two not so great games means that a guy can't be great later on for you, then I guess that's how it is going to be for you.

Just don't tell most NFL Hall of Famers that. Most of them remeber feeling like an idiot several times in their rookie season.

Excellent post..i remember Jerry Rice dropping alot of balls in his rookie year and look how his career turned out.

marloweopatchiefs
09-20-2010, 12:58 AM
You gotta remember frognostic wants croyle in there over cassel. A QB who is 0-9 as a started in the nfl vs a qb who is 2-0 so far starting the regular season. Hard choice who to go with

figcrostic
09-20-2010, 12:59 AM
I think someone is a little insecure. Good job pumping your own tires over the internet figcrostic...

Insecure about what? The fact that I was right about my thoughts? I don't think so. Am I pissed I was right? Absolutely, but other then our qb, our poor drafting, and our offensive play calling I am very happy.

figcrostic
09-20-2010, 01:02 AM
You gotta remember frognostic wants croyle in there over cassel. A QB who is 0-9 as a started in the nfl vs a qb who is 2-0 so far starting the regular season. Hard choice who to go with

I never said that. I can make up lies too marbloweofpatchiefs wants Larry Johnson back and Jamaal Charles to be our 4th string rb. See I can make lies up to but it proves nothing.

marloweopatchiefs
09-20-2010, 01:13 AM
I never said that. I can make up lies too marbloweofpatchiefs wants Larry Johnson back and Jamaal Charles to be our 4th string rb. See I can make lies up to but it proves nothing.

Um yes you did..do you really want me to dig up the thread from last year where you said you wanted kc to try CROYLE cause cassel was horrible..it's not a lie it's the truth troll.

Chiefster
09-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Um yes you did..do you really want me to dig up the thread from last year where you said you wanted kc to try CROYLE cause cassel was horrible..it's not a lie it's the truth troll.

I see no trolls here.

marloweopatchiefs
09-20-2010, 01:21 AM
Chiefster sorry he is acting like a troll..like a fan from another fan hating on kc. That's all i meant

Chiefster
09-20-2010, 01:23 AM
Chiefster sorry he is acting like a troll..like a fan from another fan hating on kc. That's all i meant

I hear ya, no problem man.

I just view him as a bit sarcastic and jaded, and largely ignore the rants. :D

marloweopatchiefs
09-20-2010, 01:27 AM
We are 2-0 and cassel still has 14 games to go. I support him as a qb

Chiefster
09-20-2010, 01:29 AM
We are 2-0 and cassel still has 14 games to go. I support him as a qb

As do I. :chiefs:

Ryfo18
09-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Insecure about what? The fact that I was right about my thoughts? I don't think so. Am I pissed I was right? Absolutely, but other then our qb, our poor drafting, and our offensive play calling I am very happy.

You're insecure because you have to remind everyone about 2 things you've been right about. The "I told you so, I'm better than you all" attitude.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/09/31.jpg (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

Ryfo18
09-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Although most individuals have some narcissistic traits, high levels of narcissism can manifest themselves as a pathological form as narcissistic personality disorder, whereby the patient overestimates his or her abilities and has an excessive need for admiration and affirmation.

Chiefster
09-20-2010, 01:36 AM
Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Although most individuals have some narcissistic traits, high levels of narcissism can manifest themselves as a pathological form as narcissistic personality disorder, whereby the patient overestimates his or her abilities and has an excessive need for admiration and affirmation.

YouTube - R. Lee Ermey Geico Commerical

jason1981
09-20-2010, 02:27 AM
ok reading this post was a waste of time to read people arguing back and forth. Berry made some rookies mistakes as expected he would. we cant trust cassel to win us a game by throwing but there is always hope of improvement. the play calling was better except that dumb pass play when it was 3 and 1 i or 3 and 2. either way why we threw 15 yards down the field was foolish. run it or call a sure pass play for a small gain and get the 1st down. im sure he could have checked it down and got the first even.

Three7s
09-20-2010, 02:43 AM
So you're telling me that a team who is facing 3rd and 1 with a backup QB and two solid RBs, one of which blasted us for nearly 300 yards, is gonna throw deep in that situation? My jaw fell to the floor when Wallace didn't hand it off. I can't blame Berry for that one in his 2nd NFL game.

yashi
09-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Berry is experiencing growing pains and has shown glimpses of greatness, such as the play where he straight darted right at the RB in the backfield on the toss, right past a lead blocker and got a tackle for a loss. I'm not worried about him, he will get a lot better.

Cassel, on the other hand...

70 chiefsfan70
09-20-2010, 03:27 PM

I have never noticed this many rookie highlights from any one team ever!!!

I say the draft was well done!:chiefs:

figcrostic
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM

Get a hobby! For real, and stop trying to pyscho analyze strangers on the internet if you have something to add about our team so be otherwise keep this garbage to yourself.

figcrostic
09-20-2010, 03:39 PM
I have never noticed this many rookie highlights from any one team ever!!!

I say the draft was well done!:chiefs:

Who Mccluster and Arenas? Other then those two I can't think of any highlights those were solid picks I agree other then that I'm not too impressed.

figcrostic
09-20-2010, 03:41 PM
So you're telling me that a team who is facing 3rd and 1 with a backup QB and two solid RBs, one of which blasted us for nearly 300 yards, is gonna throw deep in that situation? My jaw fell to the floor when Wallace didn't hand it off. I can't blame Berry for that one in his 2nd NFL game.

I'm telling you when he got burnt by a TE and shook out of his undies by rb's I was not impressed. In a couple years he will probably be a good SS right now he's average, but even if he was Polamalu good at this stage I still would have picked up Trent Williams or Russell Okung.

70 chiefsfan70
09-20-2010, 03:42 PM
As for Cassel, he is a work in progress.

I would like to see more deep balls.

I expect more from him as the wins keep pileing up.

Ryfo18
09-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Get a hobby! For real, and stop trying to pyscho analyze strangers on the internet if you have something to add about our team so be otherwise keep this garbage to yourself.

Ha, I enjoy talking about the Chiefs. You started a thread on here to toot your own horn. Everything about it, from the title, to your first post. I'm calling you out on it to take you down a notch, that's all.

Ryfo18
09-20-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm telling you when he got burnt by a TE and shook out of his undies by rb's I was not impressed. In a couple years he will probably be a good SS right now he's average, but even if he was Polamalu good at this stage I still would have picked up Trent Williams or Russell Okung.

Why, to have a backup left tackle? Albert has been solid so far. Safety was horrible last year and we addressed it by taking on of the top safeties in the draft. The offensive and defensive lines have been excellent so far.

yashi
09-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah, Albert has been quite good this year. I've actually been pleasantly surprised at the offensive line play for the most part, minus the right tackle position, but you don't pay a right tackle 30+ million dollars in guaranteed money, unless you're the Rams.

figcrostic
09-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Why, to have a backup left tackle? Albert has been solid so far. Safety was horrible last year and we addressed it by taking on of the top safeties in the draft. The offensive and defensive lines have been excellent so far.

Albert's is a natural guard Okung would be an improvement and Williams can play left and right tackle and he is a beast.

yashi
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Albert's is a natural guard Okung would be an improvement and Williams can play left and right tackle and he is a beast.

Williams was taken before we drafted though, and Okung hasn't even seen the field yet due to injury I thought.

Ryfo18
09-20-2010, 04:17 PM

Our team is in the top 5 for rushing offenses, and only given up 2 sacks in 2 games. The offensive line is fine, if not GREAT. Not to mention both Williams and Okung are hurt. Good call again though.

YouTube - The Howard Stern Show - Prank Call- Richard and Sal agree

70 chiefsfan70
09-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Who Mccluster and Arenas? Other then those two I can't think of any highlights those were solid picks I agree other then that I'm not too impressed.

Maybe you should watch the game, Moeki is our leading receiver, in both receptions and yards, and mutiple highlights that showed his awsome blocking.

Eric Berry is second on the team with tackles beat only by DJ who is having an enormous season so far.

Its ok, but while you are ranting and raving, the chiefs are winning some football games, Its not as bad as it may seem.:chiefs:

Ryfo18
09-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Maybe you should watch the game, Moeki is our leading receiver, in both receptions and yards, and mutiple highlights that showed his awsome blocking.

Eric Berry is second on the team with tackles beat only by DJ who is having an enormous season so far.

Its ok, but while you are ranting and raving, the chiefs are winning some football games, Its not as bad as it may seem.:chiefs:

At Figcrostic is right though. That's all that matters.

brdempsey69
09-20-2010, 06:14 PM

Excuse me, but from where do you get the idea that if Russell Okung had been taken at #5, that he would have been a backup to Albert? Common sense should tell you that Okung would have been an instant starter at LT, with Albert moving to one of the other O-Line positions.

Albert has gotten off to a good start, but he hasn't faced any premium pass-rushers as of yet, nor have the Chiefs been behind in a game by a substantial margin in any of the games they've played, yet. I do hope he does step up & establish himself this year.

I'll agree that Safety was a need area, but not to the extent of spending the #5 overall pick and making him the highest paid Safety ever. They could have outbid the Giants for the services of Antrel Rolle ( Giants signed him to 5-yr 37-million dollar deal ) for less money than they are paying Berry and gotten a Pro-Bowl Safety with more experience. I suspect that Berry was drafted because Chiefs fans were lobbying all the over web for the Chiefs to draft him & it wouldn't surprise me at all if owner Clark Hunt got wind of it & had the final say in Berry being drafted ( especially with season ticket sales being lower than they have been in over 20 years ).

People may think, of course, that the Chiefs didn't need a guy like Russell Okung, but people also didn't think Willie Roaf was needed back in 2002, because the Chiefs had '99 1st round pick John Tait playing LT, but Roaf proved that bringing him into the fold was the right choice. Same scenario with the Ravens in the '96 draft -- the Ravens had two solid OT's, and yet when Jonathan Ogden fell to them at #4, the Ravens still took him & time proved it was the right choice.

And so what if Okung is hurt right now -- that doesn't mean he'd have gotten hurt if he had came to the Chiefs instead of going to Seattle.

Ryfo18
09-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Excuse me, but from where do you get the idea that if Russell Okung had been taken at #5, that he would have been a backup to Albert? Common sense should tell you that Okung would have been an instant starter at LT, with Albert moving to one of the other O-Line positions.

Albert has gotten off to a good start, but he hasn't faced any premium pass-rushers as of yet, nor have the Chiefs been behind in a game by a substantial margin in any of the games they've played, yet. I do hope he does step up & establish himself this year.

I'll agree that Safety was a need area, but not to the extent of spending the #5 overall pick and making him the highest paid Safety ever. They could have outbid the Giants for the services of Antrel Rolle ( Giants signed him to 5-yr 37-million dollar deal ) for less money than they are paying Berry and gotten a Pro-Bowl Safety with more experience. I suspect that Berry was drafted because Chiefs fans were lobbying all the over web for the Chiefs to draft him & it wouldn't surprise me at all if owner Clark Hunt got wind of it & had the final say in Berry being drafted ( especially with season ticket sales being lower than they have been in over 20 years ).

People may think, of course, that the Chiefs didn't need a guy like Russell Okung, but people also didn't think Willie Roaf was needed back in 2002, because the Chiefs had '99 1st round pick John Tait playing LT, but Roaf proved that bringing him into the fold was the right choice. Same scenario with the Ravens in the '96 draft -- the Ravens had two solid OT's, and yet when Jonathan Ogden fell to them at #4, the Ravens still took him & time proved it was the right choice.

And so what if Okung is hurt right now -- that doesn't mean he'd have gotten hurt if he had came to the Chiefs instead of going to Seattle.

I'm not saying he would have been a backup...but our line is fine. Cassel has had all day to throw to this point. Dating back to the last 8 games of last season, Cassel has taken just over 1 sack a game and the team has been able to run the ball well. I'm fine with the O-line.

brdempsey69
09-20-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm not saying he would have been a backup...but our line is fine. Cassel has had all day to throw to this point. Dating back to the last 8 games of last season, Cassel has taken just over 1 sack a game and the team has been able to run the ball well. I'm fine with the O-line.

Yes, you were suggesting that Okung would be a backup LT -- these were your own words -- "Why, to have a backup left tackle?" -- when figcrostic stated his preference for Okung or Trent Williams to drafted at #5. They do NOT suggest anything else.

The O-Line has not been severely tested yet & the only reason sacks went down in the last 6 games of 2009 is because Cassel was throwing the ball as soon as it was snapped to him or handing the ball off to Charles in situations other teams would have been throwing it. That doesn't constitute improved O-Line play

Agreed that the O-Line has gotten off to a good start and showed improvement in 2010, but regardless of whether the O-Line is fine or not -- Okung would have made it better & many, myself included, believe that Okung would have been a better choice than Berry. Safeties are a dime a dozen and you can get good Safeties anywhere in the draft. Ed Reed and Troy Polumalu weren't even drafted in the top 15.

northwest
09-21-2010, 05:55 PM
LOL

only two weeks in the season, and people have already created ideas for how good of a pick berry is. that's silly.

even with cassel, he still has time to prove himself, especially since we are winning the games.

matthewschiefs
09-21-2010, 06:14 PM

:yahoo::chiefs:

CapitalT
09-21-2010, 09:31 PM

I think Tony Moeaki has had a great start as well. Berry has shown some brilliance defending the run but has gotten burned on a few big pass plays but most young defensive backs go through this process.

I was skeptical before the season started, mostly because I wanted to see a few more lineman in higher draft positions. It's still too early to tell, of course, but I can't think of a better Chief draft class (at least potentially) than this year's picks.

How many good players can we expect out of a single year's draft anyway?

By the way, the O-Line is starting to make a believer out of me. It didn't think so before but Pioli is showing he knows just a bit more about football than I do :-)

Did someone say the Chiefs were 2-0?

texaschief
09-21-2010, 10:20 PM
It's been a while since I posted anything. I've been reading and waiting to write an opinion about anything. I think I'm going to wait a little longer...

However, I WILL say this talk about Berry being a bad pick at #5 overall is ridiculous... AS IS the talk about Albert being moved. Branden Albert is just fine at LT... and if you've paid any attention to the things I've said for the last few years, you'll know this has been my stance on the LT issue since we drafted Albert. The defense needed a TON of help and we only got one MAYBE two starters this past off season (which pisses me off beyond measure), but this team needed a play-maker at the safety position. Period. PERIOD. When the Chiefs picked at #5 overall in April, Berry represented THE BEST value for the Chiefs... PERIOD. This O-LINE has been upgraded and didn't need a #5 overall pick at LT and a #15 overall pick at OG to accomplish that.

As for Cassel, the trade to bring him and Vrabel in for ONLY a 2nd round pick is STILL the BEST move this new management group has made... Personally, I wouldn't have made Matt Cassel the cornerstone of MY franchise... and ESPECIALLY wouldn't have given him that big contract before he played a full season as THE GUY for the Chiefs. That being said, I still think it's too late to judge this guy and what he could be in the long-term for this team. This guy has been stuck behind Carson Palmer and Tom Brady his ENTIRE college and pro career. He knows what it takes on the mental side... how to lead, prepare, etc... but until 08, he hadn't started a game since high school. Since 08, he's only had 33 meaningful opportunities to find himself as a QB.

His first season as the starting QB for the Patriots, he made an above average look like one of the worst O-lines in the league by holding the ball too long. He was sacked a TON behind the Patriot line... but it still was only a drop in the bucket compared to how many times he was sacked behind the Chiefs HORRIBLE O-line of a year ago. Management went out and got some solid vets to shore up the middle of that line for this season. He's STILL holding the ball too long and I think it has something to do with him not trusting the plays that are called... or, it could just be good defense that isn't letting him get through his progressions. The O-line has improved, but it's not good enough to allow him to get all the way to his 3rd, 4th, or 5th option. Usually, your slot receiver is your 3rd or 4th option. How many times has Cassel been able to get the ball to the slot this season??? NOT MANY!! If you remember back when he was in New England, Welker was his BEST FRIEND... he just doesn't have the O-line he had in New England that will allow him to get to his last options.

There are still a bunch of things that Cassel needs to work on, but I don't think his flaws are uncorrectable. I can still see Cassel as a franchise caliber QB.

Bottom line, the Kansas City Chiefs are 2-0. It's been a while since we could say that. I think I might get a little more excited about it if we can punch the niners in the mouth this upcoming Sunday, but you have to be excited that despite Cassel's 2 INTs this past week, the Chiefs were STILL capable of finding a way to win!

If I'm taking away ANYTHING from the first 2 weeks of the season, it's that they've found a way to win. That's a mind-set and a good job by the coaching staff to instill that mentality in this team. It's really showing up on the defense. The offense will come. We've finally got some good coaches capable of coaching up these players.

Just be patient and watch. Everything isn't going to be fixed in a week or 8... it's a 17 week season. If you want to judge players, let's do it AFTER the season... ESPECIALLY if it's their 2nd game in the league...

matthewschiefs
09-21-2010, 10:25 PM
It's been a while since I posted anything. I've been reading and waiting to write an opinion about anything. I think I'm going to wait a little longer...

However, I WILL say this talk about Berry being a bad pick at #5 overall is ridiculous... AS IS the talk about Albert being moved. Branden Albert is just fine at LT... and if you've paid any attention to the things I've said for the last few years, you'll know this has been my stance on the LT issue since we drafted Albert. The defense needed a TON of help and we only got one MAYBE two starters this past off season (which pisses me off beyond measure), but this team needed a play-maker at the safety position. Period. PERIOD. When the Chiefs picked at #5 overall in April, Berry represented THE BEST value for the Chiefs... PERIOD. This O-LINE has been upgraded and didn't need a #5 overall pick at LT and a #15 overall pick at OG to accomplish that.

As for Cassel, the trade to bring him and Vrabel in for ONLY a 2nd round pick is STILL the BEST move this new management group has made... Personally, I wouldn't have made Matt Cassel the cornerstone of MY franchise... and ESPECIALLY wouldn't have given him that big contract before he played a full season as THE GUY for the Chiefs. That being said, I still think it's too late to judge this guy and what he could be in the long-term for this team. This guy has been stuck behind Carson Palmer and Tom Brady his ENTIRE college and pro career. He knows what it takes on the mental side... how to lead, prepare, etc... but until 08, he hadn't started a game since high school. Since 08, he's only had 33 meaningful opportunities to find himself as a QB.

His first season as the starting QB for the Patriots, he made an above average look like one of the worst O-lines in the league by holding the ball too long. He was sacked a TON behind the Patriot line... but it still was only a drop in the bucket compared to how many times he was sacked behind the Chiefs HORRIBLE O-line of a year ago. Management went out and got some solid vets to shore up the middle of that line for this season. He's STILL holding the ball too long and I think it has something to do with him not trusting the plays that are called... or, it could just be good defense that isn't letting him get through his progressions. The O-line has improved, but it's not good enough to allow him to get all the way to his 3rd, 4th, or 5th option. Usually, your slot receiver is your 3rd or 4th option. How many times has Cassel been able to get the ball to the slot this season??? NOT MANY!! If you remember back when he was in New England, Welker was his BEST FRIEND... he just doesn't have the O-line he had in New England that will allow him to get to his last options.

There are still a bunch of things that Cassel needs to work on, but I don't think his flaws are uncorrectable. I can still see Cassel as a franchise caliber QB.

Bottom line, the Kansas City Chiefs are 2-0. It's been a while since we could say that. I think I might get a little more excited about it if we can punch the niners in the mouth this upcoming Sunday, but you have to be excited that despite Cassel's 2 INTs this past week, the Chiefs were STILL capable of finding a way to win!

If I'm taking away ANYTHING from the first 2 weeks of the season, it's that they've found a way to win. That's a mind-set and a good job by the coaching staff to instill that mentality in this team. It's really showing up on the defense. The offense will come. We've finally got some good coaches capable of coaching up these players.

Just be patient and watch. Everything isn't going to be fixed in a week or 8... it's a 17 week season. If you want to judge players, let's do it AFTER the season... ESPECIALLY if it's their 2nd game in the league...

Could not agree more GREAT post :chiefs::bananen_smilies046: