PDA

View Full Version : Postive thoughts about the game ONLY

matthewschiefs
09-19-2010, 09:51 PM
I can't believe that there is so much negativity on here after a game that the Chiefs WON. So here post any good thoughts from the game.

1. The Defense. They won the game plane and simple

2. I will say it Cassel in the 2nd half. He may not have been perfect in the 2nd half but he made some throws that helped the chiefs get 1st downs. And the game wining field goal.

3. tony Moekie (if thats how you spell it lol) He had a nice game and made some nice catches.

Postive thought only. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stricken721
09-19-2010, 09:59 PM
The defense did look good.. but they did have their moments where they didn't look that good. I wish we could have had more than one sack, but too we have to remember that they have a good o-line, or at least one that is better than ours.

Cassel could have played better, their secondary isn't good at all. Had he thrown it down the field (I'm talking more than 20 yards) a few more times, we probably would of had more points.

Moeaki has been playing well, but you gotta admit it's pretty embarrassing when your leading receiver has less than 100 yards in 2 games, and is the only player with a receiving TD. He's basically what Sean Ryan was to us early in the season last year. Hopefully Moeaki will stay consistent though and healthy and not slack off like Ryan did.

Pro_Angler
09-19-2010, 10:10 PM
My positives:
1. 2-0
2. Defense only gave up 73 yds and longest run was 12 yds
3. Got another sack and several pressures
4. Cassell didnt get killed (dont know if thats a positive)
5. Cassell moved the ball 2nd half to give D a rest.
6. 3 penalties for like 40yds(but 2 were almost devastating)
7. special teams held off cribbs
8. our kickers are awesome..
9. Moeaki is becoming a play maker
10. bowe made some nice grabs

Drunker Hillbilly
09-19-2010, 10:36 PM
I guess that leaves about 2 people that can actually post in this thread! People are just ridiculous.......

Pro_Angler
09-19-2010, 10:37 PM
LOL in the Browns forums they are saying thier OC got fired...our D won game and got a guy fired?? lol

One of them says "
Not getting any pressure on Cassel. You let the qb stand in there that long he is gonna find someone open.

First and goal chiefs, not good. "

LOL I love it, see cassell is getting time

whatwasthat?
09-19-2010, 10:54 PM
1. oline gave cassel a lot of time
2. in 2 games the oline has given up 2 sacks (i think, maybe 3)
3. we have averaged about 135 rushing ypg

bwilliams
09-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Biggest positive: our defensive line looks legit. I know he was the 3rd pick of 2009 draft, but we're a much better defense with TJ gone and Gilberry in. Dorsey looks tremendous. And Edwards (God bless him) has STEPPED UP.

Really, we've made four substitutions that have really improved the team. 1) Richardson for O'Callaghan at RT; (2) Gilberry for TJ; (3) DJ for Williams; and (4) Belcher for Mays. Between putting competent starters at these four spots and Dorsey/Edwards/Flowers/Carr stepping up, our defense has been a top-10 unit.

And I know I just said it, but I am so proud of Edwards. I felt so sorry for him last year, and here he is, looking like a real NT. He may be the most underrated bargain of the year in 2010 so far.

Pro_Angler
09-19-2010, 11:02 PM
wow only 4 members can give props to the chiefs??

I'll add some more..
getting turn overs
DJ playing lights out
running game playing darn good for the box being stacked

matthewschiefs
09-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Biggest positive: our defensive line looks legit. I know he was the 3rd pick of 2009 draft, but we're a much better defense with TJ gone and Gilberry in. Dorsey looks tremendous. And Edwards (God bless him) has STEPPED UP.

Really, we've made four substitutions that have really improved the team. 1) Richardson for O'Callaghan at RT; (2) Gilberry for TJ; (3) DJ for Williams; and (4) Belcher for Mays. Between putting competent starters at these four spots and Dorsey/Edwards/Flowers/Carr stepping up, our defense has been a top-10 unit.

And I know I just said it, but I am so proud of Edwards. I felt so sorry for him last year, and here he is, looking like a real NT. He may be the most underrated bargain of the year in 2010 so far.

so proud of you right now lol. Agreeing with you twice in one night is sooooo shocking. :bananen_smilies046::lol::chiefs:

brdempsey69
09-19-2010, 11:08 PM
1. Stopping the run on Defense.
2. Pass protection on Offense -- only 2 sacks given up thus far.

stricken721
09-19-2010, 11:09 PM
1. Stopping the run on Defense.
2. Pass protection on Offense -- only 2 sacks given up thus far.

That is one thing I am thrilled with. So far the O-line has been playing leaps and bounds better than last year.

Pro_Angler
09-19-2010, 11:14 PM
I guess that leaves about 2 people that can actually post in this thread! People are just ridiculous.......

why dont you add and contribute to the site for a change other then just being sarcastic at every chance?

Drunker Hillbilly
09-19-2010, 11:26 PM
why dont you add and contribute to the site for a change other then just being sarcastic at every chance?
You have no idea what I'm saying or how I'm saying it. I thought you were hitting the ignore button?

chief31
09-19-2010, 11:27 PM
wow only 4 members can give props to the chiefs??

I'll add some more..
getting turn overs
DJ playing lights out
running game playing darn good for the box being stacked

Well...

I can't just play "Only positive".

I fully understand why this thread exists, seeing some of the others today.

But I don't like being restricted to a specific type of opinion that I should share.

:D

Pro_Angler
09-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Well...

I can't just play "Only positive".

I fully understand why this thread exists, seeing some of the others today.

But I don't like being restricted to a specific type of opinion that I should share.

:D
Atleast your not just boincing aroung making silly sarcastic remarks like some people.:chiefs:

Im not refering to you FYI..I have zero issues with you..

Drunker Hillbilly
09-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Atleast your not just boincing aroung making silly sarcastic remarks like some people.:chiefs:
The IGNORE button please.....like you threatened.

Drunker Hillbilly
09-19-2010, 11:32 PM
BTW, not one remark I have made today are meant to be sarcastic. I do believe there was a thread started because there were soooo many negative remarks. Yours included.......

Pro_Angler
09-19-2010, 11:35 PM
your the joke!!!

captainamerica
09-19-2010, 11:36 PM
1. Were undefeated and were first place in our division

2. Our defense is looking elite. People are quick to harp on Berry for giving up the big plays he has, but I'm not so quick to throw the guy under the bus. He's a rookie and as such will make rookie mistakes. Anyone who thinks he's not going to get better with time is crazy.

3. If you take away the 3 TDs Berry's given up these last 2 games, our defense has only given up 16 points thus far. That's a phenomenal improvement from last year. Romeo has gotten these guys into shape. Our defense is going to be unstoppable once Berry starts to improve with time as I'm sure he will.

4. Our running game is solid. We have two elite RBs that would be starters on a lot of teams. Were lucky to have both of them and together they are going to carve defenses up.

5. Tony Moeaki had another nice little game and has been a valuable pickup for us thus far.

6. Our O-line has been playing very well. This is something chiefs fans haven't been able to say in quite sometime, but I think it's now warranted. They have been run blocking very well and have also been giving Cassel plenty of time to throw the ball.

hometeam
09-19-2010, 11:38 PM
D looked good.
Our special teams still looked good.
We came away without injury.
we are forcing turnovers.
Moeki can catch.
Our rookies are looking good.

all positive :D

toyotapower
09-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Two weeks in a row: grabbing the lead and not giving it up

Ryfo18
09-19-2010, 11:39 PM
2-0, Defense, Derrick Johnson

Chiefster
09-19-2010, 11:39 PM
It was U-G-L-Y, but I'll take it! It was NOT a thing of beauty, but it doesn't have to be. It wasn't smooth and artistic, but it was a WIN!

As of the conclusion of week two we have gone from losing by a touchdown or less, in seasons past, to winning by a touchdown or less currently. I'll take the latter over the former any day of the week and twice on Sunday! :D

Hayvern
09-19-2010, 11:46 PM
I can't believe that there is so much negativity on here after a game that the Chiefs WON. So here post any good thoughts from the game.

2. I will say it Cassel in the 2nd half. He may not have been perfect in the 2nd half but he made some throws that helped the chiefs get 1st downs. And the game wining field goal.

3. tony Moekie (if thats how you spell it lol) He had a nice game and made some nice catches.

First, this is a BS thread, this is a great message board where people of all kinds of beliefs can get together and talk and express ideas, both negative and positive and it is BS everytime someone puts a thread like this on here.

But, I did see some positives in this game.

1. The offensive line gave Cassel the time he needed to be able to find someone open.

2. The defense played extremely well again. Once can be a fluke, but twice, that is the making of a good defensive squad.

3. Special teams have been playing well, even though the return game was a little off. It shows that both teams really respected those returners.

Now, for the negatives and I'll be damned if I do not put them out there.

1. Cassel did not look good, first half, second half, doesn't matter, he never really played all that well. He really needs to figure out how to make plays to open receivers when they are open.

2. Eric Barry did not have a great game either, there is no doubt that he is an awesome talent, but he had a lot to learn, he bites on those draw plays like a bass hitting a top water lure. He cannot hardly help himself. No doubt that he will get that figured out.

All in all, a win is always a good thing, but we have to get this offense clicking a lot better before this team turns into the powerhouse we want it to be.

tornadospotter
09-19-2010, 11:51 PM
WE ARE 2-0!!!!!!!! WHEN IS THE LAST TIME WE COULD SAY THAT!!!!!?
I am excited about how we have won these 2 games. Defense is back, and I love it, now if the offense can start playing, the Chiefs will win the West.

stricken721
09-19-2010, 11:54 PM
I am excited about how we have won these 2 games. Defense is back, and I love it, now if the offense can start playing, the Chiefs will win the West.

2005. It's about time we can say it again!

Pro_Angler
09-19-2010, 11:55 PM

if memory serves me 2006 i believe or 05 but think 06..

tornadospotter
09-19-2010, 11:56 PM
First, this is a BS thread, this is a great message board where people of all kinds of beliefs can get together and talk and express ideas, both negative and positive and it is BS everytime someone puts a thread like this on here.

1. The offensive line gave Cassel the time he needed to be able to find someone open.

2. The defense played extremely well again. Once can be a fluke, but twice, that is the making of a good defensive squad.

3. Special teams have been playing well, even though the return game was a little off. It shows that both teams really respected those returners.

1. Cassel did not look good, first half, second half, doesn't matter, he never really played all that well. He really needs to figure out how to make plays to open receivers when they are open.

2. Eric Barry did not have a great game either, there is no doubt that he is an awesome talent, but he had a lot to learn, he bites on those draw plays like a bass hitting a top water lure. He cannot hardly help himself. No doubt that he will get that figured out.

All in all, a win is always a good thing, but we have to get this offense clicking a lot better before this team turns into the powerhouse we want it to be.
I agree! :chiefs:

Chiefster
09-19-2010, 11:57 PM
I agree! :chiefs:

I second that! :D

Chiefster
09-20-2010, 12:01 AM

It was in fact 2005.

Three7s
09-20-2010, 12:09 AM
In 06 we started out 0-2!

Defense is great, Succop.....nuff said. Can I say that the Chiefs of the 90s are back?

figcrostic
09-20-2010, 12:11 AM
My positives:
1. 2-0
2. Defense only gave up 73 yds and longest run was 12 yds
3. Got another sack and several pressures
5. Cassell moved the ball 2nd half to give D a rest.
6. 3 penalties for like 40yds(but 2 were almost devastating)
7. special teams held off cribbs
8. our kickers are awesome..
9. Moeaki is becoming a play maker
10. bowe made some nice grabs

I'll second that:bananen_smilies046:

brdempsey69
09-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Just 55 yards given up by the Defense in the 2nd half -- and Berry was where he was supposed to be on all plays in the 2nd half.

matthewschiefs
09-20-2010, 12:38 AM

point taken I guess all the negativity got to me when i made this. I just don't understand why so many people or so down about this 2-0 football team.But they do have a right to express there opinions. :chiefs:

Chiefster
09-20-2010, 12:40 AM
point taken I guess all the negativity got to me when i made this. I just don't understand why so many people or so down about this 2-0 football team.But they do have a right to express there opinions. :chiefs:

You mean they're only 2-0 after week two???? Man, that stinks! :lol:

matthewschiefs
09-20-2010, 12:44 AM
You mean they're only 2-0 after week two???? Man, that stinks! :lol:

:lol: we might as well give up all hope. Well all hope for the bolts donkeys and faiders. :chiefs::lol::D

Chiefster
09-20-2010, 12:46 AM
:lol: we might as well give up all hope. Well all hope for the bolts donkeys and faiders. :chiefs::lol::D

Yeah, there's only 14 more weeks. :D

honda522
09-20-2010, 12:54 AM
The second half adjustment is what I liked most. Being able to adjust is what makes a team great, and this team is heading for greatness...just give it time.

Chief Tyler
09-20-2010, 01:21 AM

Definitely hard to say. As a Christian I have a hard time wishing any kind of harm on anybody, but Cassel sure does make it hard sometimes. (Not serious harm, just a Josh Freeman like injury that keeps him out long enough to give Brody a shot :P)

GarH
09-20-2010, 01:42 AM
I'm very impressed with the improvement in the defense. The offensive line is doing a much better job so far on pass protection. This last years draft has really helped the team.

SIC J
09-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Definitely hard to say. As a Christian I have a hard time wishing any kind of harm on anybody, but Cassel sure does make it hard sometimes. (Not serious harm, just a Josh Freeman like injury that keeps him out long enough to give Brody a shot :P)

He was given 9 and he lost every game!

captainamerica
09-20-2010, 02:28 AM
He was given 9 and he lost every game!
All, but 1 of those starts happened under the Herm Edwards era. You can hardly use that as a measuring stick of his ability. In my opinion Brodie is clearly the better QB. He has the better arm, the quicker release, and is more mobile in the pocket. Everyone here is quick to defend Cassel, but I don't understand why. Can anyone here name me 1 positive thing Cassel does on the field? He lacks arm strength, his decision making is very questionable, he holds onto the ball for too long, his footwork could be better, he has a high tendency to always look for the check down passes, and on top of all of that he's overpaid. People on here are saying your not a real fan if you criticize Cassel, I think it's the other way around. Cassel is holding our team back right now.

We have one of the best, if not the best special teams game in the league, we have a defense that's playing lights out right now and only going to get better, we have one of the best running games you could ask for. We have it all right now with the exception of decent QB. I'm not saying Brodie Croyle is going to be the next Tom Brady, but I certainly think he gives us a better chance to win games than Matt Cassel. Sure we may be 2-0 right now, but we won those games in spite of Cassel not because of him.

Canada
09-20-2010, 08:40 AM

Alright then, if you have to be negative, can you come up with something that has not been posted in 22 other threads. I just want to read one thread where someone is not complaining aobut Cassel or Berry. I think its kinda sad that when we are 2-0 someone feels the need to make a thread and ask that no one be negative in it. Thats the BS.

whatwasthat?
09-20-2010, 09:59 AM
its funny how after the draft the defensive front 7 had the most questions about it and so far, after 2 games its the area with the least amount of questions

i credit crennel and the rest of the coaching staff-they got this team into form

Hayvern
09-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Alright then, if you have to be negative, can you come up with something that has not been posted in 22 other threads. I just want to read one thread where someone is not complaining aobut Cassel or Berry. I think its kinda sad that when we are 2-0 someone feels the need to make a thread and ask that no one be negative in it. Thats the BS.

OK a positive note that few are talking about is: Our defensive line seems to be deeper now than everyone thought. Another one is Derek Johnson is playing like a probowler.

A negative that no one is talking about is our receivers ability to get seperation. Usually when a quarterback has the kind of time that Cassel had this weekend, the receivers are able to shake coverage and one of them is able to get open. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case right now with the Chiefs.

DC_Chiefsfan
09-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Positives:
1) Chiefs presence in Cleveland. I went to the game with a slew of Browns fans, most of who were nice, but to my surprise there was a very strong Chiefs showing!! This seemed to help as the Browns stadium was no where near full, so every Chiefs fan contributed to this win.

2) Defense. With the exception of one big play to Cribbs and one bad penalty that gave Hillis a touchdown, they looked incredible. They were all over the field and always around the ball. I've never seen so many 5 and 6 person tackles from the Chiefs.

3) Coaching. Keeping the ball away from Cribbs was excellent game planning. Second half adjustments were game winning. We won this game through our coaches for sure.

4) Kickers. They just got it done plain and simple. Colquit had one bad punt, but a nice holding call backed the browns up and it wasn't so bad. You couldn't have kicked any better on Madden!

5) 2nd half offense. 2 LONG drives kept our defense fresh and cleveland's O off the field. We ran when we wanted to and ran hard. Cassel had several 3rd down conversions and looked good.

6) Holding on for the win! For the second week in a row we kneeled for the victory. Last year, we would have lost both games.

There were negatives, but the positives far outweighed them. This was the first time I've seen the Chiefs live and in person and they didn't disappoint. I walked back to my car with my head held high and red glowing amongst a sea of brown. Thanks Chiefs.
:chiefs:

DC_Chiefsfan
09-20-2010, 10:20 AM
OK a positive note that few are talking about is: Our defensive line seems to be deeper now than everyone thought. Another one is Derek Johnson is playing like a probowler.

A negative that no one is talking about is our receivers ability to get seperation. Usually when a quarterback has the kind of time that Cassel had this weekend, the receivers are able to shake coverage and one of them is able to get open. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case right now with the Chiefs.

The Browns have a very good and under rated secondary. TJ Ward was a monster while Haden and Wright were lights out. They also double and triple teamed Dex every time he was on the field, hence Moeaki crushing them down the middle. I see our receivers making an impact next week. SF has a damn good front 7 but a less talented backfield.

Seek
09-20-2010, 11:28 AM
2-0, Defense, Derrick Johnson

Yes Yes Derrick Johnson. If he keeps playing like this, he could see the pro-bowl or at least sniff it. He has been oustanding the last two games. Much improved over last year.

Seek
09-20-2010, 11:41 AM
All, but 1 of those starts happened under the Herm Edwards era. You can hardly use that as a measuring stick of his ability. In my opinion Brodie is clearly the better QB. He has the better arm, the quicker release, and is more mobile in the pocket. Everyone here is quick to defend Cassel, but I don't understand why. Can anyone here name me 1 positive thing Cassel does on the field? He lacks arm strength, his decision making is very questionable, he holds onto the ball for too long, his footwork could be better, he has a high tendency to always look for the check down passes, and on top of all of that he's overpaid. People on here are saying your not a real fan if you criticize Cassel, I think it's the other way around. Cassel is holding our team back right now.

We have one of the best, if not the best special teams game in the league, we have a defense that's playing lights out right now and only going to get better, we have one of the best running games you could ask for. We have it all right now with the exception of decent QB. I'm not saying Brodie Croyle is going to be the next Tom Brady, but I certainly think he gives us a better chance to win games than Matt Cassel. Sure we may be 2-0 right now, but we won those games in spite of Cassel not because of him.

He ran for a first down last week in which he then immediately threw for a TD.

That is two things on the field in a row, in a winning game.

Look, I am not sold on Cassel, but I am sold on Brokie... his role is back up and back up only.

He also started last year against Baltimore under Haley.. He lost that game as well.

So yes, I will use his 10 losses as a measuring stick. I will also add that he gets hurt way to easy to even consider him as a future starter. You have a year to find out if Cassel is a NFL starter and you have paid him that much. It is not time to give up on him yet, but if he does not pan out, expect to see him gone by March of next year when he is due a 7 million dollar roster bonus.

Talk about check downs. Croyle is the king of check downs. Heck he does not even go through his progressions. He just hits the check down immediately.

Vanilla Garilla
09-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Biggest Positive this far: Our D is only giving up 14 ppg!!!

Romeo has done a fantastic job getting our defense where it needs to be. His play calling, player coaching, and schemes are incredible. This is what we brought him in to do, and he is doing just that.

With that said, Paging Weis.......

aaronchieffan
09-20-2010, 12:11 PM
positive is the Chiefs are 2-0 and are in 1st place. And the D has played great so far.

honda522
09-20-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't understand the problem here. People are complaining, we won. End of story, sure it wasn't a great win, but in the end a win at best.

I'll take a win over a loss.

We could be SB champs and people would still complain. STFU and enjoy it.

Eydugstr
09-21-2010, 12:22 AM

Hats off to the Chiefs...Two tough games...two wins.

The defense so far is the thing that has stood out as the most improved. Combination of great coaching and players that seem motivated to improve (Flowers, Carr, Studebaker, Johnson) results in a lot of great defensive plays and great goal line stands.

The offense isn't exactly hitting on all cylinders yet, but my thoughts are to be patient when it comes to offense. It took Vermeil and Saunders awhile to build their offenses, so it's a little unrealistic to expect Weis to put a 50-point-a-game offense on the field right away. And Cassel did look much better in the second half of the Browns game.

Give it time and just enjoy the games! :chiefs:

ArmchairReport
10-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Run, Run, Run , and more Running. We rock Running the ball.

figcrostic
10-25-2010, 09:58 AM

No love for D-bowe 81 yards two td's??

matthewschiefs
10-25-2010, 10:03 AM

:lol: this thread is weeks old. This is from the Browns game.

Hayvern
10-25-2010, 10:22 AM

And no, no love for Bowe, he is about 80 catches short of where he should be in his career.

Ryfo18
10-25-2010, 11:17 AM
And no, no love for Bowe, he is about 80 catches short of where he should be in his career.

This is about the most asinine post I've ever seen on this site.:sign0153:

Hayvern
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
This is about the most asinine post I've ever seen on this site.:sign0153:
Thanks, but there was a point that clearly you missed, but I forgive you because I doubt you have read everything that has been said on the subject.

Bowe has had a lot of ahh-5hit moments since he came here. His rookie season was alright, but then the drops started. Then let's not forget his suspension, that really helped us a lot.

But yeah, 80 catches was a bit over the top.

:lol:

Ryfo18
10-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks, but there was a point that clearly you missed, but I forgive you because I doubt you have read everything that has been said on the subject.

Bowe has had a lot of ahh-5hit moments since he came here. His rookie season was alright, but then the drops started. Then let's not forget his suspension, that really helped us a lot.

But yeah, 80 catches was a bit over the top.

:lol:

Sorry, I just feel like you're comment was more saying, "He's 80 catches short, and until he makes 160 catches in a season to make up for that, he's on my bad side."

I just feel like Bowe's success over the last 2 games is something we can look forward to and a sign of things to come. He put in the offseason work, and while he's still a diva (his flexing celebration occurred right in front of me yesterday at the game after the second touchdown, not impressed), he's capable of being a #1 WR.

Just touching on the celebration again, it was about the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. He laid on the ground for a while after he made that 2nd TD catch. It was a hell of a catch. It felt like he was on the ground for like a minute, but I'm exaggerating. He then stood up, acted exhausted, and flexed. I liked the "I can't spike the ball because it's stuck to my hand" much better.