PDA

View Full Version : glen dorsey

slc chief
09-20-2010, 08:29 PM
what do you guys think i know some people called him a bust his first year.but i am seeing some great improvemant so far this year. he looks to be a solid player for years to come

Chief Tyler
09-20-2010, 08:33 PM
what do you guys think i know some people called him a bust his first year.but i am seeing some great improvemant so far this year. he looks to be a solid player for years to come

Yep. Unlike Cassel I never gave up on him. It's difficult to build any sort of continuity when you're constantly playing under different coaches and schemes and a different position from your college days. Also, unlike Cassel, I was/am willing to give him a bit more time because he'll never impact the outcome of a game and the overall mentality of a team in the same way and magnitude that a QB does.

Seek
09-20-2010, 09:05 PM
he had a monster game last week. This week was okay but nothing oustanding. I really have no complaints.

wildcat
09-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Most people are willing to give Berry some time, but, to those who aren't, take note of the amount of time to took for Dorsey to develop. I realize a safety should probably develop more quickly than a DL. However, I think two games is a little to short of a time span to rush to judgment. Talk to me in two years. I will be willing to listen to your arguments then.

brdempsey69
09-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Against Cleveland he was being double-teamed on just about every play & one of those doing the double-teaming was OT Joe Thomas. Dorsey held his ground well enough that Jerome Harrison only got 33 yards on 16 carries.

matthewschiefs
09-20-2010, 09:26 PM
He is starting to show why he was a top 5 pick. I think he will only get better and that's a good thing for the Chiefs. I think we might see the same thing out of Tyson in the next couple of years as well.

kcchiefs28
09-20-2010, 09:32 PM
I think he can only get better and he's done well so far this year.

A side note- he lives 2 houses away from my friend and it's the same house that mike sweeney (for all the royals fans) live in before he left KC

Pro_Angler
09-20-2010, 10:13 PM
He i's definitely coming around:)

josh1971
09-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Yes, coming around, and it's nice to see. Between he and Hali, and the way DJ has been playing, this is getting fun to watch. Add Tyson back in, and let him season a bit more, this could get pretty exciting.

To add to that, the spirit seems infectious. I noticed Shaun Smith seems to have some fire, and Mr. Flowers looks pretty good too :D

JB

toyotapower
09-20-2010, 10:54 PM
If he contines playing well i would love to see him at the pro bowl. maybe since we are winning more this year we will have players in the pro bowl

Big Daddy Tek
09-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Chiefs defensive MVP right now next to DJ. Dorsey is a beast. wow!

Vanilla Garilla
09-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Have you guys noticed how lean and mean he looks now as compared to a year ago? I seen that interview on kcchiefs.com and he looks like a new man ( a very healthy one at that).

Conditioning was the key for Dorsey I believe, that coupled with one of the best defensive coaches around.

chief31
09-22-2010, 07:48 PM
One would almost have to be amazed at how well Dorsey is doing.

Sure. He was a top five draft pick, and should perform at a high level.

But he is playing a totally different position from the one he was drafted to play. And doing a far different job overall.

I am very surprised.

kilobytes
09-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Dorsey is an absolute beast. Even the commentator said that in the 1st game. Finally the guy we have been waiting for on that line.