PDA

View Full Version : Vick to KC next season?

kcchiefs28
09-20-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm pretty sure Vicks contract will be up at the end of the season (?) and he will probably be going somewhere that he would start and I would be happy if he came to KC. I like Cassell but if he doesn't play that good this year then I think Vick could be a good fit. Also it would bring in another playmaker along with Charles and McCluster.

Three7s
09-20-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that there will be a looooooot of people who disagree with you......

kcchiefs28
09-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Haha yeah I know I doubt it'll happen I was just wondering if anyone else would like to see it

josh1971
09-20-2010, 09:54 PM
I would be disgusted with the front office if they did this. I still don't care how good a football player he is- he's a criminal scumbag.

If it makes me a sissy because I value animals that much? Fine, I'm a sissy.

figcrostic
09-20-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Vicks contract will be up at the end of the season (?) and he will probably be going somewhere that he would start and I would be happy if he came to KC. I like Cassell but if he doesn't play that good this year then I think Vick could be a good fit. Also it would bring in another playmaker along with Charles and McCluster.

Not gonna happen KC is very conservative and Vick is a very polarizing figure.

Pro_Angler
09-20-2010, 10:11 PM
No frikin way!! He should still be in jail much less playing in the nfl

reded
09-20-2010, 10:30 PM
No frikin way!! He should still be in jail much less playing in the nfl

This...+1

stricken721
09-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Felons need not apply. What he did was horrible. I also don't like his attitude, I'll never forget the game where he gave the double bird to some fans in the crowd. We don't need that kind of guy around here. If he didn't have all his legal troubles and that incident with fans.. I think he would be a good asset for us.

matthewschiefs
09-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Not going to happen that simple.

deerhunter2
09-20-2010, 10:45 PM
I agree that Vick should not be looked up to in any way, but my god there are players that have done much worse than harm dogs, and they are still playing and being talked about as great players. One that comes to mind is Leonard Little of the Rams, he killed an innocent person while driving drunk. But I would be very un-happy to see Vick in a Chiefs uniform, and think it is very un-likely.

stricken721
09-20-2010, 10:49 PM
I agree that Vick should not be looked up to in any way, but my god there are players that have done much worse than harm dogs, and they are still playing and being talked about as great players. One that comes to mind is Leonard Little of the Rams, he killed an innocent person while driving drunk. But I would be very un-happy to see Vick in a Chiefs uniform, and think it is very un-likely.

I don't think there are many if anybody that will say Leonard Little is a great player.

deerhunter2
09-20-2010, 10:57 PM
I live 1 hour away from St. Louis. I hear lots of poor old Lambs fans brag about him. I've also heard commentators on TV make positive comments about him.

tornadospotter
09-20-2010, 11:06 PM
We just survived, the dog pound with a 2 point win! This thread must be a joke!

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
09-20-2010, 11:08 PM
I say HELL NO!!

SIC J
09-20-2010, 11:25 PM
You guys eat meat. You're all horrible people. Cow killers! haha

But to answer the question, I don't think Vick fits the offense the Chiefs are trying to run. As far as his career has been, he's not consistent.

rodu
09-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Vick is a great athlete, amazing runner/scrambler no doubt, but I've never been impressed with his passing skills

fairladyZ
09-21-2010, 12:04 AM
How many of you would love to have Ray Lewis on our D?

I remember the talk before he got extended that everyone would love to have him come here to groom our LB's.

You guys do know he killed someone right? remember that? and didn't serve a day in jail?

But Vick is a scumbag that should get the death penalty right?

Now with that said. I like Vick i think he was humbled by what happen and will do all the right things. He is an amazing athlete.. IF and only IF cassel stinks it up and we can get a good deal worked with him then i wouldn't be upset.

PhillyChief25
09-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Of course, based on my screenname, I live in Philly. Anyway, this was the same response of everyone once they signed him. Well, he's performed well and nobody is saying that anymore. So basically it comes down to whether or not he will produce and I believe that he will.

Guess what? Matt Cassell blows. We have a half decent team going into next season, but with no QB. With no ability to draft a high profile QB due to decent regular season success, we need to sign a new QB. Who is available? Nobody but Vick. Sorry but Vick would be nasty in this O and we all know it. Get over the personal crap and understand that he can be a legit QB that could make this team a contender.

SIC J
09-21-2010, 12:17 AM
How many of you would love to have Ray Lewis on our D?

I remember the talk before he got extended that everyone would love to have him come here to groom our LB's.

You guys do know he killed someone right? remember that? and didn't serve a day in jail?

But Vick is a scumbag that should get the death penalty right?

Now with that said. I like Vick i think he was humbled by what happen and will do all the right things. He is an amazing athlete.. IF and only IF cassel stinks it up and we can get a good deal worked with him then i wouldn't be upset.

When did he kill someone cuz I don't remember him getting convicted of anything??? Sounds like your OPINION on the situation.

I believe he knows what happened and who did it, but I don't believe he did it.

That being said, I would have loved to have Lewis in a Chiefs jersey! That guy is a beast and comes to PLAY the game of football.

SIC J
09-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Oh and how come no one cares about all the Chiefs players who cheat on their wives and party all week before a game and bang chicks in the hotel parties???

Bunch of sinners! haha

Fastphilly
09-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Whatever gets the game won...So yes If Cassel stinks it up then any change is a possible improvement..However, I would'nt get too wrapped up into the Vick "Experience"..He had a good game against one of the worst defences in the league. I need more than one game to convince me of his skills in the passing game.

Big Daddy Tek
09-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Could care less if he fought dogs. Happens all over the world. It's normal in places like where Vick grew up. He went to jail because he was Mike Vick, not because he was making blood thirsty pit bulls attack blood thirsty pit bulls.

I wouldn't want him here because he doesn't fit into our long term plans of being an annual contender and that he doesn't fit into our offensive gameplan. Thats about it.

YZILLA
09-21-2010, 01:50 AM
I would take him anytime. Everyone will be judged in the end by their maker. I have done alot of ****ty things in my life but in the end I answer to only one. This is just a game, a business and if clean cut cassel gets stoned for his bad play then what are we really talking about here. He did his time, alot more than a couple players who killed a human being behind the wheel of a car drunk. Let the man be!

Fastphilly
09-21-2010, 02:03 AM
No QB with a run first, pass second mentality has never won the big one. Vick has a problem of not making plays develop and will just take off and run..Thats all fine and good against 4-3 defences with slow LB's..You go up against a 3-4 with swift LB's and those QB runs won't net much. Case in point, look at the Steelers vs Titans game. Vince Young has a style very much like Vick and lacks the ability in the passing game so improvises with his running ability. We seen what happened when a fast front seven kept him in check..Bring in a pocket passer like Collins and the Steelers were getting burned...Sure Collins is'nt the greatest, but it's much easier to keep a run happy QB in the pocket than to cover deep routes down field from a QB that can throw an accurate ball..

tammietailgator
09-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Personally, being a person that works with dogs on a daily basis. I could not stand for vick in my house. My dog is trained to growl when I even say Michael Vick. Not gonna happen here. He belongs to the raiders or bengals. I know he will be judged not by me, but I still have the right to not want him as a Chief.

GarH
09-21-2010, 02:45 AM
How tough are the laws in KC for dog fighting?

Chief Tyler
09-21-2010, 03:10 AM
I say no to him and anybody like him. NFL players have a responsibility to the greater community to be a role model. Whether they want it or not, the spotlight is on them, and people do emulate them in some fashion.

I say no to Vick. I said no to Harrison, and I sure as heck would have had said no to Lewis had he hit the market.

GarH
09-21-2010, 05:27 AM
I sure hope they don't start bringing in trash.

KCINNYC
09-21-2010, 09:28 AM
The reality is that Vick is playing for his life in the NFL. If he continues to improve this season, he will be looking for gaurenteed money. There is NO CHANCE Pioli is going to give him money up front. The second a player like Vick gets his cash, he becomes his old self again and has nothing left to prove. We don't touch him with a pole.

yashi
09-21-2010, 09:48 AM
I love my dogs and animals in general, but I still forgive him. He's from the south, where dogfighting is just as common as speeding on the highway or pirating MP3s. When everyone you know is breaking the same law every day, it's hard to see it in the same light as those who don't. He's gone above and beyond since being convicted.

That said, I'd rather we draft a QB in the 1st round next season because Vick is not the long term solution.

wildcat
09-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Reading between the lines, I think the opinions of most of the people on this forum have been formed by what we went through with LJ. I see one major difference though. Vick at least appears to have been humbled and to have gotten his act together. LJ didn't even try to look like he wanted to become a better person.

I am a big fan of forgiveness. I would not object to giving Vick a chance. You just put him on a short leash (no pun intended). Let him know we are willing to give him a chance, but have a clause in his contract so that he understands, if he steps out of line, he will be cut.

I will admit that I wanted LJ out of KC. There was no sign of him changing, and cutting him was probably the best thing for him. I am glad that other teams have given him a chance to get his act together and I hope he has become a better person.

Seek
09-21-2010, 12:59 PM
You guys eat meat. You're all horrible people. Cow killers! haha

But to answer the question, I don't think Vick fits the offense the Chiefs are trying to run. As far as his career has been, he's not consistent.

Sic He took a 45 pound weight and tied it around a dod and threw it in a pool to watch it struggle for it life.

he took a car battery to another dogs testicals.

He took a dog by his hind legs and picked it up and slammed it on the ground head first to amuse an audience.

That just isn't right. I know he paid his time for it, but I personally don't think it was enough. I don't care what kind of talent he is on the field. I couldn't support this team if Vick was our Qb. He does not fit the Piolo/Haley type of character and truly hope, the Chiefs fix any QB problem they may have the right way.

bwilliams
09-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Don't forget, he reason the league came down so hard wasn't the dogfighting. That was just the most salacious issue for the public. The reason Vick pled out was because of the racketeering issues, which could have led to RICO forfeiture. He was bankrolling the gambling for the dogfights. In no way, shape, or form can he ever be trusted to be a team player.

But even if you put aside Vick's personal ethical issues, and put aside the fact that a large percentage of the fanbase would hate him, he just isn't that great a QB. And even if you disagree with that, he isn't a QB who's accurate enough to exist in our precise passing system.

We'd be better off going for a low-risk game manager in 2011 than going with Vick.

yashi
09-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Don't forget, he reason the league came down so hard wasn't the dogfighting. That was just the most salacious issue for the public. The reason Vick pled out was because of the racketeering issues, which could have led to RICO forfeiture. He was bankrolling the gambling for the dogfights. In no way, shape, or form can he ever be trusted to be a team player.

But even if you put aside Vick's personal ethical issues, and put aside the fact that a large percentage of the fanbase would hate him, he just isn't that great a QB. And even if you disagree with that, he isn't a QB who's accurate enough to exist in our precise passing system.

We'd be better off going for a low-risk game manager in 2011 than going with Vick.

I honestly wish the Broncos hadn't extended Orton, because I would have loved to sign Orton to a 2 year deal and draft a QB to develop for a year or two.

Chiefster
09-21-2010, 01:57 PM
He may have changed his ways, I honestly hope he has, but I still would not like to see hi m adorn the red and gold.

...Unless, of course, were talking about the Red Skins.

AkChief49
09-21-2010, 02:02 PM
No Way , No How!!! No Vick.

bwilliams
09-21-2010, 02:08 PM
I honestly wish the Broncos hadn't extended Orton, because I would have loved to sign Orton to a 2 year deal and draft a QB to develop for a year or two.

Me too. Orton is the definition of a smart game manager. There's a reason his record's 30-20, and it isn't because he's had great WRs, coaches, or offensive lines.

Unfortunately, the best FA QBs in 2011 are Matt Moore, Alex Smith, Shaun Hill, Seneca Wallace, Dennis Dixon, and Bruce Gradkowski (who I expect will resign with Oakland). That's an ugly bunch of QBs right there.

70 chiefsfan70
09-21-2010, 05:33 PM
I could care less about Vicks dog fighting racket. Its not what I would do, but he was made an example.

I have several dogs and take good care of them, and would have to hurt anyone trying to hurt them.

If you and I and everyone else let all their dogs loose and allowed them to do what they wanted many of these dogs would fight each other to their death ,its just their nature .

Who are we to take these animals out of their natural ways and lock them in our homes and kennels, and or a lease? Is that any better?

Hmmmm.

Ever wonder what a bird thinks, sitting in the cage for 20 years when they used to have the whole jungle?

Every one of these animals would rather fight and die then be locked up, caged or on a lease.......just my 2 cents!

And yes I eat meat every night, and love it! I even do a lot of my own butchering.

Nope Please dont make Vick a chief.

YZILLA
09-21-2010, 08:16 PM
The reality is that Vick is playing for his life in the NFL. If he continues to improve this season, he will be looking for gaurenteed money. There is NO CHANCE Pioli is going to give him money up front. The second a player like Vick gets his cash, he becomes his old self again and has nothing left to prove. We don't touch him with a pole.

Kinda like cassel , he's really earning that guaranteed money he's getting

fairladyZ
09-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Vick is now the starter for the eagles too. Took Kolb's job right away from him. NICE!

I like Vick alot. I think all the people that say he is not a good quarterback need to watch the game he just had where it was a POCKET passer and was amazing at it.

I don't think it would happen for one especially now that he's the starter.. But in Andy Reid's press conference it sounded like Kolb might be available soon.

SIC J
09-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Vick is now the starter for the eagles too. Took Kolb's job right away from him. NICE!

I like Vick alot. I think all the people that say he is not a good quarterback need to watch the game he just had where it was a POCKET passer and was amazing at it.

I don't think it would happen for one especially now that he's the starter.. But in Andy Reid's press conference it sounded like Kolb might be available soon.

I would have to agree that I think he is playing much better now then he did before. Probably helped that he backed up McNabb. Probably learned a lot from him. I'm curious to see how he plays the rest of the season. There's no doubt that he has a rocket of an arm, he just wasn't real accurate (but he is a lot better this year) and when under pressure he made bad decisions. But again, he's getting better at that as well.

bwilliams
09-22-2010, 12:14 AM

I'd bet your life that the Eagles lose to the Jaguars (or at least fail to cover) this week. He barely beat the worst pass defense in the NFL (Lions) last week. Vick's a guy who always plays just well enough to make his losses entertaining. Classic coach/team killer.

Seek
09-22-2010, 11:09 AM

You must like the guys with a record. Your favorite Chiefs player states Larry Johnson, who by the way was cut by the Redskins last night, and you love a cruel killer in Vick.

I hope Vick stays in Philly. I seriously would stop being a Chiefs fan if the Chiefs signed that killer.

chief31
09-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Dog-fighting, and all of Vick's off-field troubles of the past are forgiven, in my opinion. He paid his price. Time to move on.

Randall Cunningham converted, with age, to an excellent passer.

If Vick maqnages a similar transition, then I like his chances as an NFL starter.

The only thing that discourages me from wanting him at the helm of my team is that his demeanor hasn't changed.

After the loss to Green Bay, in week one, he stated that hey might have won had he played the whole game.

This was a direct insult to his teammate, Kevin Kolb. And it was completely uncalled for. Many sportscasters and fans would have happily stated that for him, and still did, had he just acted like a real tammate and let his game speak for itself.

Had it not been for that selfish act, I would have been very interested in how he performed for the rest of this season.

As is, I have no interest in him.

LargoChief
09-22-2010, 09:46 PM
C'mon...if he plays well the Eagles will go long term....keep dreaming.

kilobytes
09-22-2010, 10:35 PM
HELL NO! Not good for our team and this has nothing to do with his criminal activity. Cassel is our QB end of story!!!

tornadospotter
09-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Dog-fighting, and all of Vick's off-field troubles of the past are forgiven, in my opinion. He paid his price. Time to move on.

Randall Cunningham converted, with age, to an excellent passer.

If Vick maqnages a similar transition, then I like his chances as an NFL starter.

The only thing that discourages me from wanting him at the helm of my team is that his demeanor hasn't changed.

After the loss to Green Bay, in week one, he stated that hey might have won had he played the whole game.

This was a direct insult to his teammate, Kevin Kolb. And it was completely uncalled for. Many sportscasters and fans would have happily stated that for him, and still did, had he just acted like a real tammate and let his game speak for itself.

Had it not been for that selfish act, I would have been very interested in how he performed for the rest of this season.

As is, I have no interest in him.
I agree.

tammietailgator
09-22-2010, 11:00 PM
I could care less about Vicks dog fighting racket. Its not what I would do, but he was made an example.

I have several dogs and take good care of them, and would have to hurt anyone trying to hurt them.

If you and I and everyone else let all their dogs loose and allowed them to do what they wanted many of these dogs would fight each other to their death ,its just their nature .

Who are we to take these animals out of their natural ways and lock them in our homes and kennels, and or a lease? Is that any better?

Hmmmm.

Ever wonder what a bird thinks, sitting in the cage for 20 years when they used to have the whole jungle?

Every one of these animals would rather fight and die then be locked up, caged or on a lease.......just my 2 cents!

And yes I eat meat every night, and love it! I even do a lot of my own butchering.

Nope Please dont make Vick a chief.

We have domesticated dogs, but they also came to us through the years because they are scavengers. Studies have shown that even dogs in dumps with no contact with humans are very welcoming to us. That is because of their keen senses know all to well that we are what they are living off of. Dogs do not naturally kill each other to gain dominance.... what would be the point in that? They ESTABLISH dominance amongst the pack. Very few cases of this actually result in death. The situations that he put these dogs in are inhuman and not what naturally happens in the wild.

tammietailgator
09-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Wonder how many people that are not part of major league sports or celebrities could find a good job after putting their crime on the application.

Wonder what KC Wolfs take on Vick is!

Big Daddy Tek
09-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Sic He took a 45 pound weight and tied it around a dod and threw it in a pool to watch it struggle for it life.

he took a car battery to another dogs testicals.

He took a dog by his hind legs and picked it up and slammed it on the ground head first to amuse an audience.

That just isn't right. I know he paid his time for it, but I personally don't think it was enough. I don't care what kind of talent he is on the field. I couldn't support this team if Vick was our Qb. He does not fit the Piolo/Haley type of character and truly hope, the Chiefs fix any QB problem they may have the right way.

No disrespect seek. I know your a guy who speaks what you believe, but I would have to see documentation on these things before I believed that. As somebody who had a few journalism friends from college that are from Virgina and DC, they never mentioned anything like that to me.

If that is the case though. then I would have to say that my opinion certainly would change from the original dog fighting stance that I took.

Big Daddy Tek
09-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Wonder how many people that are not part of major league sports or celebrities could find a good job after putting their crime on the application.

Wonder what KC Wolfs take on Vick is!

Normal low profile people wouldn't have went to jail for that crime Tammie.

As for your previous post, It is not abnormal for pitbulls to fight to the death. Your notion of this sweet golden retriever being forced to fight is just not what happens out there. As a matter of fact, these dogs have such bad bloodlines that many of them cannot live anywhere else other than an animal rescue because they are too dangerous for society.

With that said, I am not trying to say you are wrong. I respect your opinion, but I sometimes believe that it is hard for the normal suburban dog lover to really understand what the southern dog fighting phenomonan is all about.

I dont agree with it, but I do understand it.

kilobytes
09-23-2010, 01:04 AM
We have domesticated dogs, but they also came to us through the years because they are scavengers. Studies have shown that even dogs in dumps with no contact with humans are very welcoming to us. That is because of their keen senses know all to well that we are what they are living off of. Dogs do not naturally kill each other to gain dominance.... what would be the point in that? They ESTABLISH dominance amongst the pack. Very few cases of this actually result in death. The situations that he put these dogs in are inhuman and not what naturally happens in the wild.
Very true.

And the reason why dogs go bad are because of the owners. They tie them up all day or put them in a cage and give them NO exercise whatsover. The people that get strong breeds tend to be trashy people that get them to look tough (or in Vicks case, fight them). They just tie them up all day in their backyard. They are abused and this is why they attack. Big dogs need more exercise. Yes big strong breeds have more potential to be dangerous but if you treat them normally they will be great. I walk a pit bull every day and he is the friendliest dog I have ever been around. He is well fed, gets plenty of exercise, socialized, and isn't too spoiled.

rbedgood
09-23-2010, 04:14 AM
Personally, I abhor what Vick did...but it is in the past and he paid a heavy price (jail time, money & time lost on his career that he can't get back)...

I guess I have a hard time seeing people say he should still not be playing when Ray Lewis, Donte Stallworth, Leonard Little and others have been involved with the death of human beings and allowed to return in less time than Vick was.

I personally would love to see him take Alex Smith's spot. Give the 49ers Gore and Vick as running threats to go with Vernon Davis and Crabtree and I like that offense to go with their defense.

Character? Very few NFL teams truly care about that...mad props to those that do, but they are few and far between.

Seek
09-23-2010, 09:42 AM
No disrespect seek. I know your a guy who speaks what you believe, but I would have to see documentation on these things before I believed that. As somebody who had a few journalism friends from college that are from Virgina and DC, they never mentioned anything like that to me.

If that is the case though. then I would have to say that my opinion certainly would change from the original dog fighting stance that I took.

Well given my source was Jay Mohr on Jim Rome just two days ago. I guess, it could be false, but the way he presented to be fact, leads me to believe that legally he had something supporting it or his producers would have pulled the plug on him in fears of huge law suits... It wasn't the first time I heard about the car battery to the testicals and smashing the dogs heads in by picking them up by the their feet and from a different radio source. I truly believe he took a lesser plea to avoid other charges of cruelity.

But to those who think he is humble now.. They guy was in attendence to a shooting just this off season, involving one of his old posse friends, in which he has been ordered by the court to stay away from. He violated his probation for being at that party with this guy.

He isn't humble. He was busted and everyone knows it, how else is he supposed to act. There is also RUMORS stating that while Vick on the radio said all the right things about being a back up, his agent called Andy Reid that same day and said the opposite. This is speculation to why Anyd Reid did a 180 from naming Kolb the starter and then switching to Vick the very next day. Many believe that Andy Reid's job is on the line, and was forced to play Vick to save his job.

azchiefsfan
09-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Normal low profile people wouldn't have went to jail for that crime Tammie.

As for your previous post, It is not abnormal for pitbulls to fight to the death. Your notion of this sweet golden retriever being forced to fight is just not what happens out there. As a matter of fact, these dogs have such bad bloodlines that many of them cannot live anywhere else other than an animal rescue because they are too dangerous for society.

With that said, I am not trying to say you are wrong. I respect your opinion, but I sometimes believe that it is hard for the normal suburban dog lover to really understand what the southern dog fighting phenomonan is all about.

I dont agree with it, but I do understand it.

You are full of it!#1)Pit bulls have to be trained to kill like any other dog-they are just a more powerful and aggressive dog when fighting. #2)Anyone who was caught committing over 32 felonies would still be in jail. Animal abuse is prosecuted vigorously everywhere. #3)He strangled wounded dogs to death by twisting a wire around their necks and hanging them from trees while they writhed in pain and slowly died.
You are sick and the fact that you would defend his actions as "it's all natural" shows you are as sick and demented as he is. And yes you are justifying his actions. It just goes to show you never know who a person on these forums really is. Disgusting!

tornadospotter
09-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Personally, I abhor what Vick did...but it is in the past and he paid a heavy price (jail time, money & time lost on his career that he can't get back)...

I guess I have a hard time seeing people say he should still not be playing when Ray Lewis, Donte Stallworth, Leonard Little and others have been involved with the death of human beings and allowed to return in less time than Vick was.

I personally would love to see him take Alex Smith's spot. Give the 49ers Gore and Vick as running threats to go with Vernon Davis and Crabtree and I like that offense to go with their defense.

Character? Very few NFL teams truly care about that...mad props to those that do, but they are few and far between.
The Don returns.YouTube - the cannonball run 2 prt4

bwilliams
09-23-2010, 11:38 AM
You are full of it!#1)Pit bulls have to be trained to kill like any other dog-they are just a more powerful and aggressive dog when fighting. #2)Anyone who was caught committing over 32 felonies would still be in jail. Animal abuse is prosecuted vigorously everywhere. #3)He strangled wounded dogs to death by twisting a wire around their necks and hanging them from trees while they writhed in pain and slowly died.
You are sick and the fact that you would defend his actions as "it's all natural" shows you are as sick and demented as he is. And yes you are justifying his actions. It just goes to show you never know who a person on these forums really is. Disgusting!

OK look, dogfighting isn't exactly the sport of kings, but people are going overboard on this stuff. Vick didn't hang dogs from trees. He didn't smash them against concrete. He didn't torture them outside of the torture that normally goes into dogfighting and its training (which is a lot). I don't know if people really believe these things or if they're exaggerating for effect, but come on people.

Chiefster
09-23-2010, 12:45 PM

Personally I think that none listed there should not have been allowed to return to the game at all, but that's just me. :D

Seek
09-23-2010, 12:50 PM
OK look, dogfighting isn't exactly the sport of kings, but people are going overboard on this stuff. Vick didn't hang dogs from trees. He didn't smash them against concrete. He didn't torture them outside of the torture that normally goes into dogfighting and its training (which is a lot). I don't know if people really believe these things or if they're exaggerating for effect, but come on people.

Here I actually did some research for you. Vick Admitted to hanging and drowning 6 to 8 dogs. If hanging and drowning is normal in the sport of dog fighting. Dog fighting should be evena a bigger deal than people are ignoring on this forum. The exact details on how he hanged them or drowned them is not provided, but the fact he did admit to drowning and hanging them is still unhumane and not okay with me. I tend to think the stories you hear, are probably more accurate than you may want to admit and most likely generated by people who where there. I have not doubt that he did tie a weight to a dogs neck and threw it into a pool to drown. I highly doubt he held the dogs head underwater by hand, seing it is a freaking fighting pit bull who would destroy him if he tried that.

Plea agreements, convictions
By August 20, Vick and the other three co-defendants agreed to separate plea bargains (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plea_bargain) for the federal charges.[43] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Vick#cite_note-ESPNPlea-42)[44] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Vick#cite_note-43) They were expected to each receive federal prison sentences between 12 months and five years.
On August 24, Vick filed plea documents with the federal court. He pleaded guilty to "Conspiracy to Travel in Interstate Commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities and to Sponsor a Dog in an Animal Fighting Venture". He admitted to providing most of the financing for the operation and to participating directly in several dog fights in Virginia, Maryland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland), North Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina) and South Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Carolina). He admitted to sharing in the proceeds from these dog fights. He further admitted that he knew his colleagues killed several dogs who did not perform well. He admitted to being involved in the destruction of 6–8 dogs, by hanging or drowning. The "victimization and killing of pit bulls" was considered as aggravating circumstances that led prosecutors to exceed the federal sentencing guidelines for the charge. He denied placing any side bets on the dogfights.[45] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Vick#cite_note-44) ESPN obtained copies of the documents under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_Information_Act) and made them available at:

Seek
09-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Personally I think that none listed there should not have been allowed to return to the game at all, but that's just me. :D

I agree and you can even throw in other misfits in there as well like, Pack Man Jones.

They may be in the NFL and I am not fans of them. I am gland the Chiefs have cleaned up their image and I glad none of those players are Chiefs.

I also believe the DUI rules should be changed, as the NFL does not take that seriously. One DUI should be a 4 game suspension, end of story.

Chiefster
09-23-2010, 01:20 PM
I agree and you can even throw in other misfits in there as well like, Pack Man Jones.

They may be in the NFL and I am not fans of them. I am gland the Chiefs have cleaned up their image and I glad none of those players are Chiefs.

I also believe the DUI rules should be changed, as the NFL does not take that seriously. One DUI should be a 4 game suspension, end of story.

...Absolutely agree with you!

Big Daddy Tek
09-23-2010, 01:48 PM

Calm down buddy. I wasn't talking about all pitbulls. But if you dont believe that there are "fighting bloodlines" than you just don't know what your talking about.

I, in no way was saying that I think it is OK to fight any animal, I was just trying to explain how it is looked at from a different point of view. Unfortunatly that makes me a sick individual to you.

By the way, I never said it anything about it being "all natural." That was your quote.

bwilliams
09-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Here I actually did some research for you. Vick Admitted to hanging and drowning 6 to 8 dogs. If hanging and drowning is normal in the sport of dog fighting. Dog fighting should be evena a bigger deal than people are ignoring on this forum. The exact details on how he hanged them or drowned them is not provided, but the fact he did admit to drowning and hanging them is still unhumane and not okay with me. I tend to think the stories you hear, are probably more accurate than you may want to admit and most likely generated by people who where there. I have not doubt that he did tie a weight to a dogs neck and threw it into a pool to
drown. I highly doubt he held the dogs head underwater by hand, seing it is a freaking fighting pit bull who would destroy him if he tried that.

Plea agreements, convictions
By August 20, Vick and the other three co-defendants agreed to separate plea bargains (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plea_bargain) for the federal charges.[43] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Vick#cite_note-ESPNPlea-42)[44] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Vick#cite_note-43) They were expected to each receive federal prison sentences between 12 months and five years.
On August 24, Vick filed plea documents with the federal court. He pleaded guilty to "Conspiracy to Travel in Interstate Commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities and to Sponsor a Dog in an Animal Fighting Venture". He admitted to providing most of the financing for the operation and to participating directly in several dog fights in Virginia, Maryland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland), North Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina) and South Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Carolina). He admitted to sharing in the proceeds from these dog fights. He further admitted that he knew his colleagues killed several dogs who did not perform well. He admitted to being involved in the destruction of 6–8 dogs, by hanging or drowning. The "victimization and killing of pit bulls" was considered as aggravating circumstances that led prosecutors to exceed the federal sentencing guidelines for the charge. He denied placing any side bets on the dogfights.[45] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Vick#cite_note-44) ESPN obtained copies of the documents under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_Information_Act) and made them available at:

You're absolutely right in most of what you wrote. I'm just pointing out that people are exaggerating something that doesn't need exaggeration to be heinous. Vick wasn't crueler to the animals than he thought he needed to be. He wasn't stringing dogs up from trees with piano wire.

tornadospotter
09-23-2010, 02:12 PM
I will just say, I am a fan of the Chiefs! I do not want a player, no matter abilities, on the Team I Love, that is anyway connected to abusing or breaking the law, or common decency. Yes Vick has done his time. He deserves a chance to full fill his life, but not as a Chief. Chiefs fans should all expect higher expectation than this, and of all our Chiefs! So no way I want Vick.

Seek
09-23-2010, 02:18 PM
You're absolutely right in most of what you wrote. I'm just pointing out that people are exaggerating something that doesn't need exaggeration to be heinous. Vick wasn't crueler to the animals than he thought he needed to be. He wasn't stringing dogs up from trees with piano wire.

I don't know that for a fact or not, but if he is cruel enough to hang a dog, I wouldn't doubt stories of how he did it. Usually when there is smoke there is a fire to most stories. The fact that he was charged with aggravating circumstances that exceeds that federal sentencing guidelines leads me to believe it was much worse than just downing or hanging a dog.

I would tend to believe those stories probably more accurate than fiction. Of course, we all know how well stories are altered after it goes from mouth to mouth.

Chiefster
09-23-2010, 02:25 PM
I will just say, I am a fan of the Chiefs! I do not want a player, no matter abilities, on the Team I Love, that is anyway connected to abusing or breaking the law, or common decency. Yes Vick has done his time. He deserves a chance to full fill his life, but not as a Chief. Chiefs fans should all expect higher expectation than this, and of all our Chiefs! So no way I want Vick.

I probably feel stronger about the "Vick" issue than I should but I don't think it speaks well for the NFL to allow him back in the league, and I understand the argument about forgiveness and second chances. However, this was not an isolated incident; this went on for an extended period of time involving several acts of cruelty, causing the inhumane demise of animals.

I think he's used up his chances; from a moral point of view.

Pro_Angler
09-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Hell to the no!@! I personnally guarantee that Vick will never ever be a Chief! I'll bet my paycheck on it!!!!!!

stricken721
09-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Hell to the no!@! I personnally guarantee that Vick will never ever be a Chief! I'll bet my paycheck on it!!!!!!

Do I get your paycheck if you're wrong? :lol:

Pro_Angler
09-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Do I get your paycheck if you're wrong? :lol:

yEA pur urs up too.. I take home $1327 a week. match it and well make the bet!

stricken721
09-23-2010, 07:30 PM
yEA pur urs up too.. I take home $1327 a week. match it and well make the bet!

If there's one thing I've learned it's to never bet on the NFL.

Unless of course we're talking Arrowcash. :D

Pro_Angler
09-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Qft^^^^^^

azchiefsfan
09-23-2010, 08:44 PM

HE ADMITTED TO TWISTING WIRES AROUND THE NECKS OF DOGS AND HANGING THEM FROM A TREE JUST OFF HIS BACK PORCH!!!!! Why are you "under exaggerating" his CRIMES!!!!???

WichitaChiefs
09-23-2010, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't mind it. He did his time and is a great player.

Seek
09-24-2010, 09:31 AM

If you go look at at the legal issues he has even before the killings... I am pretty sure Ron Mexico does not fit the Haley/Pioli type of players that they are looking for.

I think it is pretty safe he won't be a Chief while these two are running the team.

Seek
09-24-2010, 09:42 AM
HE ADMITTED TO TWISTING WIRES AROUND THE NECKS OF DOGS AND HANGING THEM FROM A TREE JUST OFF HIS BACK PORCH!!!!! Why are you "under exaggerating" his CRIMES!!!!???

If you can find the source stating that you factually saw that he admitted to twisting wires around them and hanging them by trees, then it is not longer an exaggeration but fact and not further arguments could be made saying different.