PDA

View Full Version : Browns Mack accuses Smith of playing dirty....

SIC J
09-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Anyone else see this???

NFL.com news: Browns center Mack fired up about Chief's alleged dirty play (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ab3290/article/browns-center-mack-fired-up-about-chiefs-alleged-dirty-play)

Who does that??? haha

yashi
09-21-2010, 12:29 PM
I saw that. I'm sure he's probably guilty, and it's very dirty play... but hey, whatever works?

Hayvern
09-21-2010, 01:25 PM
I saw that. I'm sure he's probably guilty, and it's very dirty play... but hey, whatever works?

If you are the Raiders, then yeah, whatever works. We are better than that.

I did not see anything in the game that would lead me to believe Smith did it though, but I am not sure why someone would claim he did it if he did not.

Eh, whatever.

josh1971
09-21-2010, 01:40 PM
It's dirty in them trenches....

That's why only big boys play the game.

Chiefster
09-21-2010, 01:47 PM
YouTube - Best Penalty Call Ever

yashi
09-21-2010, 01:52 PM
If you are the Raiders, then yeah, whatever works. We are better than that.

I did not see anything in the game that would lead me to believe Smith did it though, but I am not sure why someone would claim he did it if he did not.

Eh, whatever.

Originally, I was going to say I didn't want to be lumped in with the Raiders.. but like josh said, there's nothing clean about playing in the trenches. It's pretty much get away with as much as you can without getting flagged. It's possible that it wasn't intentional either.

SIC J
09-21-2010, 04:56 PM
"He was giving him the business"

LOL. Thats awesome!

matthewschiefs
09-21-2010, 05:10 PM
YouTube - Best Penalty Call Ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbO0RQmESHM&feature=related)

:lol::lol:

Hayvern
09-21-2010, 05:36 PM
I never thought I would see the day when Chiefs fans would be willing to accept dirty play on their team to win ball games.

Heck, while we are at it, why not have the offensive line start throwing cut blocks? I mean after all, as long as you don't get flagged, all is fair in the trenches!

josh1971
09-21-2010, 06:24 PM
I never thought I would see the day when Chiefs fans would be willing to accept dirty play on their team to win ball games.

Heck, while we are at it, why not have the offensive line start throwing cut blocks? I mean after all, as long as you don't get flagged, all is fair in the trenches!

BEcause the Browns center complains and says it's dirty play, it is?

I don't want the chiefs playing dirty, but there's probably way more terrible stuff goes on in those piles than we get privy to, and most guys chalk it up to being part of the game. Art Still once talked about Raiders OT Henry Lawrence punching him in the stomach on pile ups- Art told the story with a smile.

Apparently, the Cleveland center feels picked on and compelled to whine about it.

matthewschiefs
09-21-2010, 06:33 PM

I am not to upset because I don't no for sure if he did it. A guy can make a ton of excuses for a game that they lost. And if what he says happend did happen how to we no it was dirty play and not an accident. Theres a lot worse things that happen on the field a lot is just part of the game it happens. If this becomes a every week or a repeat thing then I will get upset about it. I don't want any dirty players on my team.

Hayvern
09-21-2010, 07:11 PM
BEcause the Browns center complains and says it's dirty play, it is?

I don't want the chiefs playing dirty, but there's probably way more terrible stuff goes on in those piles than we get privy to, and most guys chalk it up to being part of the game. Art Still once talked about Raiders OT Henry Lawrence punching him in the stomach on pile ups- Art told the story with a smile.

Apparently, the Cleveland center feels picked on and compelled to whine about it.

OK so we go from, I really don't care if they play dirty... to... well we really don't KNOW if he played dirty.

I said as much in my post, but at the same time, I am not going to defend Smith because I don't know either way. If he did do it, then I want him to stop, if he didn't do it, then he is fine, continue on.

I am just not going to defend him just because he is a Chief.

hometeam
09-22-2010, 10:18 PM
wow cmon.. you guys ought to know that penalty call comes from the ORIGINAL giving him the business call dont you?

YouTube - Ref Is Giving Him The Business

fairladyZ
09-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Just rewatched the game and the play right after the 2 minute mark in the 2nd quarter. Mack gets thrown to the ground and smith lands on top of him and reaches in between his legs and gives him a pinch it looks like..
Can definitely tell he did reach up there though.