PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson Cut

Ryla02
09-22-2010, 05:29 AM
Maybe the Raider's will pick him up.:whipping1:

Redskins cut RB Johnson, after two games - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=capress-fbn_redskins_ljohnson_released-4592671)

#58ChiefsFan
09-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Bwahahahaha
I hope he never plays another snap in the NFL.

F. L. J.

AussieChiefsFan
09-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Bwahahahaha
I hope he never plays another snap in the NFL.

F. L. J.
"Nuff said. ;)

70 chiefsfan70
09-22-2010, 08:34 AM
What a waste of an opportunity!

Hayvern
09-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Who is this Johnson character anyway?

yashi
09-22-2010, 10:36 AM
I hate his guts.

On a funny note, remember how he had 2.1 yards a carry or something with the Chiefs last year and we thought he couldn't possibly do any worse?

He has 0.4 yards per carry this year. He has 2 yards total!

KCINNYC
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Larry Johnson? Who is Larry Johnson?

Should I recognize that name?

honda522
09-22-2010, 11:36 AM
lol. I can't believe he made it past preseason.

matthewschiefs
09-22-2010, 11:38 AM
LOL I love hearing this news. I bet now he wishes he didn't open his big mouth when he was in KC.

figcrostic
09-22-2010, 12:22 PM
LOL I love hearing this news. I bet now he wishes he didn't open his big mouth when he was in KC.

Unfortanetly we made him very rich and he will never have to work again, but we can at least laugh at him.:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Who is this Johnson character anyway?

Yup, Larry who???

Canada
09-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Unfortanetly we made him very rich and he will never have to work again, but we can at least laugh at him.:bananen_smilies046:

Im sure LJ will find a way to blow all his money and end up broke!!

Hayvern
09-22-2010, 02:07 PM

Yeah, let him go out and punch another woman in the mouth.

Ryfo18
09-22-2010, 02:12 PM
I wonder if we'll resign him.....HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Fastphilly
09-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Thank god he did open his mouth. It made it easy for us to give him the toe end of the boot.

bbacker51
09-22-2010, 04:52 PM
I think he should donate all of his earning to Willie Roaf..........that's who earned it for him

honda522
09-22-2010, 05:08 PM
He probably will blow his money.

KristofLaw
09-22-2010, 08:57 PM
It's saddening to see our brother fall... best to him. Hopefully he gets out of the fame biz and corrects himself. http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/09/32.jpg

#58ChiefsFan
09-22-2010, 09:02 PM
It's saddening to see our brother fall... best to him. Hopefully he gets out of the fame biz and corrects himself. http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/09/32.jpg

Hopefully the next person he assaults beats the living piss out of him.

LJ is a piece of trash.

tornadospotter
09-22-2010, 09:47 PM
:ninerssuck::mooning::lol::thumbup1::sign0151::sig n0151::sign0151::sign0087:

kilobytes
09-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Just goes to show how none of you are any better except KristofLaw. Still was a great running back.

tornadospotter
09-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Just goes to show how none of you are any better except KristofLaw. Still was a great running back.
Wrong, I though LJ was, and going to be a great RB for us! He destroyed himself. I believed in him, form the time he was a rookie, still believe in him after his hold out for the big money, but after that he went down hill. He did this to himself, and was a locker room negative person. His legal problems, also did not help him, and was a distraction in a very negative way to the Team. So I just say, he was payed well, for more than his worth to the Chiefs. Thank you Carl, he was your pick.

kilobytes
09-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Wrong, I though LJ was, and going to be a great RB for us! He destroyed himself. I believed in him, form the time he was a rookie, still believe in him after his hold out for the big money, but after that he went down hill. He did this to himself, and was a locker room negative person. His legal problems, also did not help him, and was a distraction in a very negative way to the Team. So I just say, he was payed well, for more than his worth to the Chiefs. Thank you Carl, he was your pick.

I'm not denying his legal troubles. It is just I see "thugs" (as people here call them) differently. Anyone under the right circumstances can get in to trouble. People have different tendencies good or bad. It's just the way it is. That is all I will say.
Loved watching him run and that is all I care about with him. I thought we were done with LJ threads.

OMGLadyGaga
09-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Larry Johnson? Grandma-Ma? I didnt know he tried out for the Raiders after such a long basketball career. He should just enjoy his retirement me thinks

2010chiefs
09-23-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm glad he opened his big mouth in K.C or else we might have still held on to him. He ran the exact same way he ran in K.C except this time it didn't hurt my team. He's done. GO CHIEFS!

yashi
09-23-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm not denying his legal troubles. It is just I see "thugs" (as people here call them) differently. Anyone under the right circumstances can get in to trouble. People have different tendencies good or bad. It's just the way it is. That is all I will say.
Loved watching him run and that is all I care about with him. I thought we were done with LJ threads.

LJ sucks at football, he's a terrible teammate, and he's a terrible person. The end.

Calling him a thug is disrespectful to thugs, as thugs grow up living a tough life, not spoiled and pampered in an upper-middle class home.

Pro_Angler
09-23-2010, 11:49 AM
What a waste of talent..pockets got heavy and he never recovered..its sad really, hopefully he will make some good changes with his life, but doubt it.

tornadospotter
09-23-2010, 11:56 AM
What a waste of talent..pockets got heavy and he never recovered..its sad really, hopefully he will make some good changes with his life, but doubt it.
Yep!

Chiefster
09-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Like a cheap hooker; he's spent.

honda522
09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Like a cheap hooker; he's spent.
:lol:

SIC J
09-23-2010, 05:50 PM
I could careless. I look at players at how they perform ON THE FIELD. He did great things for the Chiefs up until he didn't want to be a Chief anymore. I don't understand why some teams try to keep players that simply just don't want to be there anymore. You know its not gonna result to good things on the field, plain and simple. I blame the Chiefs as much as I blame Johnson cuz we don't know what REALLY HAPPENED.

I still have his jersey and I'm gonna keep it. He's moved on and now I don't care whether he plays well or not cuz he's not in a Chiefs uniform.

It is what it is.

kilobytes
09-24-2010, 02:20 AM
I could careless. I look at players at how they perform ON THE FIELD. He did great things for the Chiefs up until he didn't want to be a Chief anymore. I don't understand why some teams try to keep players that simply just don't want to be there anymore. You know its not gonna result to good things on the field, plain and simple. I blame the Chiefs as much as I blame Johnson cuz we don't know what REALLY HAPPENED.

I still have his jersey and I'm gonna keep it. He's moved on and now I don't care whether he plays well or not cuz he's not in a Chiefs uniform.

It is what it is.
YEP!!

kilobytes
09-24-2010, 02:23 AM
LJ sucks at football, he's a terrible teammate, and he's a terrible person. The end.

Calling him a thug is disrespectful to thugs, as thugs grow up living a tough life, not spoiled and pampered in an upper-middle class home.

Can't get anywhere with people hating no matter what. (the problem with this country...but that's another topic all together) The end.

melted ice
09-24-2010, 09:24 AM
I don't care how good he was for the Chiefs, he assaulted women and that is completely inexcusable. If he wasn't an NFL player he certainely would be in prison today.

Hayvern
09-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Can't get anywhere with people hating no matter what. (the problem with this country...but that's another topic all together) The end.

You know what is even a bigger problem with this country?

People like Johnson who agree to do something for a given return, yet decide to hold out and complain because the amount of recompense they AGREED to take was less than what he MIGHT have made had he played BETTER when he made that agreement.

It happens in everyday life as well. You go take your car into get it fixed and the guy agrees to fix it for $100, then he finds out that the guy down the street charges $200 to do the same job, so he comes back to you and says it is going to now cost you $200, of course this all happens AFTER he has taken the car apart.

OK so that is not the best analogy, but you get the idea. But then add to that how the guy bad mouths you and takes his sweet time even AFTER you agree to pay him the extra money.

Look, here is what we all saw with Johnson. He did not like playing second string, when given the opportunity to lead, he stepped up and played well. Then he decided to complain and hold out for more money after he realized he was better. After getting the money, he got lazy, bad mouthed the organization and his team and let his bad attitude show on the field with his inability to play well. Then he sabotaged himself so he could get released, take his money and go to another team.

This guy deserves everything he got and the one or two years that he DID play well does not make up for the crappy way he acted as a person. He is the worse kind of human being to walk this earth and is now paying the price for his lack of morals and integrity!

figcrostic
09-24-2010, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the positive perspective that thought makes me a lot happier. Only one can hope he will be put in the slammer for tax evasion like some other d-bag athletes.

GlennBree
09-24-2010, 11:54 AM
That news just made my day! I'll drink to that!!!

figcrostic
09-24-2010, 11:55 AM

He deserves the hate he beats on women that's inexscusable. On a side note imagine what Jamaal Charles would have done behind that line especially with a coach that believes in him.

Hayvern
09-24-2010, 01:07 PM
He deserves the hate he beats on women that's inexscusable. On a side note imagine what Jamaal Charles would have done behind that line especially with a coach that believes in him.

We don't have to imagine, we saw it at the latter part of last year.

kilobytes
09-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Oh stop exaggerating...

But is it right to hate back? This is what polarizes.

Well then Holmes is more overrated.

@ Hayvern The worst type of person on Earth? Really harsh there. But there is no good or evil. Can't help your tendencies...human nature. I have already explained this a billion times but no one listens. But you will never understand. *sigh*

azchiefsfan
09-24-2010, 08:38 PM
That's because you are one of about 10 people on Earth who doesn't believe in evil. But I can probably come around to your way of thinking: John Wayne Gacey, Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin were not evil, just following their natural tendencies. LJ was no mass murderer, but to say there is no evil is well stu...oh forget it.

kilobytes
09-24-2010, 08:48 PM
That's because you are one of about 10 people on Earth who doesn't believe in evil. But I can probably come around to your way of thinking: John Wayne Gacey, Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin were not evil, just following their natural tendencies. LJ was no mass murderer, but to say there is no evil is well stu...oh forget it.

Millions of people don't. After thinking about, there really isn't. I'm not going to explain this as I already have. Think about....oh wait you won't. Look at things from another point of view. Technically everything is human nature. Everyone was once an innocent baby. Certain circumstance happened all throughout there life to make what they are. Human nature. Extremely complex

I'm tired of responding to the same people. There seems to be only one type of people here. Lets just end this internet drama and talk about the Chiefs

Hayvern
09-25-2010, 12:40 AM
@ Hayvern The worst type of person on Earth? Really harsh there. But there is no good or evil. Can't help your tendencies...human nature. I have already explained this a billion times but no one listens. But you will never understand. *sigh*

Yeah, we have talked about this, I don't care if there is good or evil, but there is what is acceptable in society. It is generally considered unacceptable to do the things that Johnson did by the majority of people in society.

We all are shaped by our experiences in life, but we are also not animals, we have a general idea of what is acceptable behavior and we make a conscious effort to do those things that are good.

Others make a choice to do whatever is good for them, does that make them evil? Not really, but it makes them an outcast in society as a rule. Sure there will be people who will accept them, and even encourage them to continue doing what it is they do.

All in all, individually we choose who is good or bad acting based on our own convictions, if you have no convictions, then I am truly sorry for you.

kilobytes
09-25-2010, 01:01 AM
Yeah, we have talked about this, I don't care if there is good or evil, but there is what is acceptable in society. It is generally considered unacceptable to do the things that Johnson did by the majority of people in society.

We all are shaped by our experiences in life, but we are also not animals, we have a general idea of what is acceptable behavior and we make a conscious effort to do those things that are good.

Others make a choice to do whatever is good for them, does that make them evil? Not really, but it makes them an outcast in society as a rule. Sure there will be people who will accept them, and even encourage them to continue doing what it is they do.

All in all, individually we choose who is good or bad acting based on our own convictions, if you have no convictions, then I am truly sorry for you.
Well yeah, you have to have what is acceptable and what is not. I think whatever LJ did is minor. His brother had a DUI you know.

It's just too complex what makes someone who they are. We must understand one another even if we think they are bad people.

azchiefsfan
09-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Millions of people don't. After thinking about, there really isn't. I'm not going to explain this as I already have. Think about....oh wait you won't. Look at things from another point of view. Technically everything is human nature. Everyone was once an innocent baby. Certain circumstance happened all throughout there life to make what they are. Human nature. Extremely complex

I'm tired of responding to the same people. There seems to be only one type of people here. Lets just end this internet drama and talk about the Chiefs

But you, of course, are "enlightened" and have the ability to see both sides unlike us knuckle-draggers. LJ is better gone and any team that gives him more money deserves what they get. He is a whiney quitter.

figcrostic
09-25-2010, 03:37 PM
We don't have to imagine, we saw it at the latter part of last year.

We saw him dominate with a crap line. Imagine if he had the 2004 chiefs line with Willie Roaf.

figcrostic
09-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Well yeah, you have to have what is acceptable and what is not. I think whatever LJ did is minor. His brother had a DUI you know.

It's just too complex what makes someone who they are. We must understand one another even if we think they are bad people.

What does that prove? He comes from a family of misfits and thugs?

honda522
09-26-2010, 06:25 PM

Dude....Your acting pathetic. Don't you find it odd your the only one supporting him? The guy was scum. He complained his way probably through Penn State, just as he did through the Chiefs and the rest of the NFL. He has had 4 cases of assault to women. I don't care who you are or what someone did to you, you don't hit a women. And yet you support a women beater.

SIC J
09-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Dude....Your acting pathetic. Don't you find it odd your the only one supporting him? The guy was scum. He complained his way probably through Penn State, just as he did through the Chiefs and the rest of the NFL. He has had 4 cases of assault to women. I don't care who you are or what someone did to you, you don't hit a women. And yet you support a women beater.

What if he was raised in an environment where hitting women was "acceptable"?

I'm not saying its right or wrong or that I feel its ok to hit a woman, but at the same time, if a woman wants to act like a man, she's gonna get treated like one.

Chiefster
09-27-2010, 01:01 AM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/09/37.jpg
Best idea ever!

kilobytes
09-27-2010, 02:34 AM

I have no idea why we still argue about this. I have already explained what I had to say.

Whats more pathetic is not understanding. Everyone has potential to be "scum". Some have stronger tendencies than others to do what is wrong. :beat_DeadHorse: I have said this many times already. I have explained it. If people can't understand then they aren't very good human beings either. And there are a few here that understand this. And I don't think he beat any one up. All I heard was shoving and spitting. I would never do that and I certainly would not condone that behavior but really, it is minor. I hear he was pretty spoiled and that would definitely lead to bad behavior. blah blah blah no more.
I almost feel like I am in a Raiders forum
I actually completely understand why everyone here hates him but we should be a little more open minded.

But whatever...Chiefs won
:chiefs3:

Sn@keIze
09-27-2010, 02:46 AM
Last i heard Rams were interested in him now.

Which is good becuz the Rams are not the Chiefs.

josh1971
09-27-2010, 02:49 AM
Last i heard Rams were interested in him now.

Which is good becuz the Rams are not the Chiefs.

It also means, if he survives through to next year with the Rams, our D will get a shot at him in the pre-season.

I don't wish anyone ill, usually, but this guy was a poison pill for a long time.

Ryfo18
09-27-2010, 01:02 PM
I saw this tweet from "FakeToddHaley". Pretty damn funny!

"@Fake_Todd_Haley: Hey, LJ, not bad 4 a guy who played golf in college huh? By the way, wht's yr teams record? O yeah, U dont have a team."

Canada
09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
What if he was raised in an environment where hitting women was "acceptable"?

I'm not saying its right or wrong or that I feel its ok to hit a woman, but at the same time, if a woman wants to act like a man, she's gonna get treated like one.:lol::lol: Tune that b!tch up tough guy!!

Seek
09-27-2010, 05:48 PM
I have no idea why we still argue about this. I have already explained what I had to say.

Whats more pathetic is not understanding. Everyone has potential to be "scum". Some have stronger tendencies than others to do what is wrong. :beat_DeadHorse: I have said this many times already. I have explained it. If people can't understand then they aren't very good human beings either. And there are a few here that understand this. And I don't think he beat any one up. All I heard was shoving and spitting. I would never do that and I certainly would not condone that behavior but really, it is minor. I hear he was pretty spoiled and that would definitely lead to bad behavior. blah blah blah no more.
I almost feel like I am in a Raiders forum
I actually completely understand why everyone here hates him but we should be a little more open minded.

But whatever...Chiefs won
:chiefs3:

I understand what you think you are saying, but fact of the matter, what you see as minor incident is not minor. Pushing or hitting a women is ranked up there just below Rape as far as scum of the earth. The guy needs serious help. He is a train wreck waiting to blow up and being out of the NFL could cause that to come sooner. I can understand your sympathy for the guy if it happened once maybe twice in a drucken stupor, but four times is a character issue. The guy has problems. So when you mention that you feel like you are in a Raiders form. You are filling the Role of the Raider fan and the rest of the forum is being the Chief fans ragging on the raider. You are supporting the scum aka the Raider Nation...

Legal troubles
Johnson has been arrested (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrest) four times since 2003 on various assault (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault) charges against women. In 2003, he was arrested for felony (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony) aggravated assault (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault#Aggravated_assault) and misdemeanor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misdemeanor) domestic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence) battery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_(crime)) for waving a gun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun) at his then-girlfriend, during an argument at his home. The charges were dropped when Johnson agreed to participate in a domestic violence diversion program. In 2005, he was again arrested for assault when a woman accused Johnson of pushing her to the ground, but the case was dropped after the alleged victim failed to appear in court for three different hearings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearing_(law)).
His third arrest for assault came on February 24, 2008, after allegedly pushing a woman's head at a nightclub that night.[25] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Johnson_(American_football)#cite_note-Chiefs_Johnson_faces_assault_charge-24) On October 10, 2008, Johnson was arrested for the fourth time and charged with one count of non-aggravated assault for allegedly spitting a drink in a woman's face at a Kansas City nightclub on October 11. Johnson tried to flee the scene but police officers tackled him.[26] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Johnson_(American_football)#cite_note-Chiefs.27_Larry_Johnson_investigated_in_new_case-25) The woman involved, Ashley Stewart, has since filed a civil suit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawsuit) against Johnson, accusing him of negligence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negligence), assault and battery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_and_battery), intentional infliction of emotional distress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_infliction_of_emotional_distress) and negligent infliction of emotional distress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negligent_infliction_of_emotional_distress).[27] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Johnson_(American_football)#cite_note-SI-26)
It was announced on October 16, 2008 that Johnson would be deactivated for the October 19 game against the Tennessee Titans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Titans) in response to violating an undisclosed team rule.[28] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Johnson_(American_football)#cite_note-Chiefs.27_Larry_Johnson_to_miss_game_against_Titan s-27) The team said his suspension for this game was unrelated to the newest criminal investigation.
In March 2009, Johnson pleaded guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disturbing_the_peace), regarding the two incidents in 2008, and was sentenced to two years probation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probation).[29

matthewschiefs
09-27-2010, 06:39 PM
I understand what you think you are saying, but fact of the matter, what you see as minor incident is not minor. Pushing or hitting a women is ranked up there just below Rape as far as scum of the earth. The guy needs serious help. He is a train wreck waiting to blow up and being out of the NFL could cause that to come sooner. I can understand your sympathy for the guy if it happened once maybe twice in a drucken stupor, but four times is a character issue. The guy has problems. So when you mention that you feel like you are in a Raiders form. You are filling the Role of the Raider fan and the rest of the forum is being the Chief fans ragging on the raider. You are supporting the scum aka the Raider Nation...

Legal troubles
Johnson has been arrested (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrest) four times since 2003 on various assault (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault) charges against women. In 2003, he was arrested for felony (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony) aggravated assault (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault#Aggravated_assault) and misdemeanor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misdemeanor) domestic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence) battery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28crime%29) for waving a gun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun) at his then-girlfriend, during an argument at his home. The charges were dropped when Johnson agreed to participate in a domestic violence diversion program. In 2005, he was again arrested for assault when a woman accused Johnson of pushing her to the ground, but the case was dropped after the alleged victim failed to appear in court for three different hearings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearing_%28law%29).
His third arrest for assault came on February 24, 2008, after allegedly pushing a woman's head at a nightclub that night.[25] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Johnson_%28American_football%29#cite_note-Chiefs_Johnson_faces_assault_charge-24) On October 10, 2008, Johnson was arrested for the fourth time and charged with one count of non-aggravated assault for allegedly spitting a drink in a woman's face at a Kansas City nightclub on October 11. Johnson tried to flee the scene but police officers tackled him.[26] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Johnson_%28American_football%29#cite_note-Chiefs.27_Larry_Johnson_investigated_in_new_case-25) The woman involved, Ashley Stewart, has since filed a civil suit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawsuit) against Johnson, accusing him of negligence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negligence), assault and battery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_and_battery), intentional infliction of emotional distress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_infliction_of_emotional_distress) and negligent infliction of emotional distress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negligent_infliction_of_emotional_distress).[27] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Johnson_%28American_football%29#cite_note-SI-26)
It was announced on October 16, 2008 that Johnson would be deactivated for the October 19 game against the Tennessee Titans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Titans) in response to violating an undisclosed team rule.[28] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Johnson_%28American_football%29#cite_note-Chiefs.27_Larry_Johnson_to_miss_game_against_Titan s-27) The team said his suspension for this game was unrelated to the newest criminal investigation.
In March 2009, Johnson pleaded guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disturbing_the_peace), regarding the two incidents in 2008, and was sentenced to two years probation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probation).[29

THIS

Deep down there is a good person in Larry IMO. But he needs help to keep bad Larry away. The Chiefs were right to cut him. Until Larry gets the help that he needs he is not a guy that you would want on your football team.

kilobytes
09-27-2010, 06:44 PM
The point of what i was saying is not what he did or how bad he is, it was what makes someone who they are and the tendencies they have that you simply cannot help. Like I cannot help but reply to this thread. It is near damn impossible. And yes everyone has a good side to them and a bad side. It is harder for some people to contain their bad side.

Canada
09-28-2010, 10:28 AM
The point of what i was saying is not what he did or how bad he is, it was what makes someone who they are and the tendencies they have that you simply cannot help. Like I cannot help but reply to this thread. It is near damn impossible. And yes everyone has a good side to them and a bad side. It is harder for some people to contain their bad side.

So those people should not be accountable for their actions? We have all had our troubles in life, why is he so special that he can do what he want and still be treated the same as someone who does not push, spit on or hit women?

AkChief49
09-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Larry Johnson Scolded by Judge for Lackluster Community Service Efforts -- NFL FanHouse (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/07/17/larry-johnson-scolded-by-judge-for-lackluster-community-service/) what about the kids Larry? POS who, thank God is not on this team anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kilobytes
09-28-2010, 06:37 PM
So those people should not be accountable for their actions? We have all had our troubles in life, why is he so special that he can do what he want and still be treated the same as someone who does not push, spit on or hit women?

I never said there shouldn't be some sort of punishment because we don't want this to continue. I said we as people should learn to understand that people have tendencies they can't always help.

Canada
09-29-2010, 07:47 AM
I never said there shouldn't be some sort of punishment because we don't want this to continue. I said we as people should learn to understand that people have tendencies they can't always help.

I understand completely. The guy can't help but act like an as$hole. One of the repercussions of those actions is going to be that people dislike you. I dont care about excuses, he does not have to act like a douche, he chooses to.

N TX Dave
09-29-2010, 08:41 AM

I understand that the child molesters, wife beaters and rapists have a tendencies to do it and they cannot help it but that does not mean I have to like it.

PawnshopMarimba
09-30-2010, 02:13 AM
I have to call a spade a spade. Kilo's right. Science continues to prove that genetics has more to do with how a person will behave than anything else.

Of course, that does not excuse a person of his deviant (and illegal) behavior, but I'm pretty sure that's not the point that Kilo was making.

He's arguing something that I've argued before; that a celebrity or public figure's personal and professional lives can be judged separately.

Bill Clinton, OJ Simpson, and even Charles Manson are all great examples. They had unsavory personal lives, but they did good things professionally. Liking their contributions doesn't mean you can't also simultaneously condemn their misdeeds.

So yeah, should Larry ever be in the Chiefs HOF? Probably not, but that doesn't mean we can't appreciate the work he did for the team when he was productive.

Yeah, I hate Larry Johnson. I'm glad he's gone, and he's a reprehensible jerk but hey, he is what he is, and I suppose I'm glad that he helped fill the gap between Priest and Jamaal.

wildcat
09-30-2010, 09:47 AM
I have to call a spade a spade. Kilo's right. Science continues to prove that genetics has more to do with how a person will behave than anything else.

Genetics probably does play a part in our tendencies, but we all struggle with something. Nobody is perfect. On the other hand, regardless of our genetic makeup, we are all responsible for the things that we do. Not to offend anybody, but some day we will all be held accountable before God, even Larry Johnson. I hope LJ does eventually become a humbled person and is a better man because of it.