PDA

View Full Version : Kolb Available via Trade?

wildcat
09-22-2010, 02:46 PM
It sounds like teams are calling the Eagles about Kolb, and the Eagle's officials did not say anything to try deny that they were willing to listen. So, my question is, do you guys think he would be a fit for the Chiefs? I do not know a whole lot about him, other than the fact that the Eagles had high expectations for coming into this season.

Here is a link to the article on ESPN.com:
Philadelphia Eagles hear from several teams about Kevin Kolb, source says - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5604002)

P.S. Just in case you hadn't heard, Vick has been named the team's starter now and that is why Kolb may suddenly be available.

yashi
09-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes I would absolutely take him, but I really don't think they will trade him.

bwilliams
09-22-2010, 03:03 PM
It sounds like teams are calling the Eagles about Kolb, and the Eagle's officials did not say anything to try deny that they were willing to listen. So, my question is, do you guys think he would be a fit for the Chiefs? I do not know a whole lot about him, other than the fact that the Eagles had high expectations for coming into this season.

Here is a link to the article on ESPN.com:
Philadelphia Eagles hear from several teams about Kevin Kolb, source says - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5604002)

P.S. Just in case you hadn't heard, Vick has been named the team's starter now and that is why Kolb may suddenly be available.

Kolb is Cassel two years younger, but with less poise in the pocket. His only great game came against our decimated 2009 squad. We need to bite the bullet and draft/groom a QBOTF. We shouldn't keep messing around with other teams leftovers/backups.

Ryfo18
09-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I don't like Kolb at all. I have been telling people he will not be what the Eagles have made him out to be (the next Drew Brees). Bwilliams hit the nail on the head here.

Hayvern
09-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Kolb is Cassel two years younger, but with less poise in the pocket. His only great game came against our decimated 2009 squad. We need to bite the bullet and draft/groom a QBOTF. We shouldn't keep messing around with other teams leftovers/backups.

Yeah, like we have had a great history of doing that!

KristofLaw
09-22-2010, 03:35 PM
For the right price the Eagles may trade him but I doubt it. I wouldn't want him either. Personally I think he may be the most over rated QB in the league. Maybe not actually, it's just pretty stupid the Eagles let McNabb go over this kid in my opinion.

Chief Tyler
09-22-2010, 03:45 PM
I think he's a better option than Cassel right now, but not enough to put us over the hump and into consistent playoff contention. I'm all for drafting a new one unless we get some freak situation like Drew Brees with the Chargers where a solid QB is released because of injury, but even then, you don't know what you're getting.

wildcat
09-22-2010, 03:50 PM
What's really stupid is that they let McNabb go in order to give Kolb and chance and then they yank him after 2 quarters. They should have been more certain about Kolb if they were going to let McNabb go.

Maybe Vick was really the plan all along, but they didn't want to admit it. I don't know what his contract is, but I bet it's a lot smaller than McNabb's.

matthewschiefs
09-22-2010, 04:06 PM
If we could get him for a low price I don't think that it would be a bad move. I don't no if Kolb will ever be any good but I don't no that he can't. But I really don't see us makeing that move so it's not really an issue.

whatwasthat?
09-22-2010, 04:11 PM
What's really stupid is that they let McNabb go in order to give Kolb and chance and then they yank him after 2 quarters. They should have been more certain about Kolb if they were going to let McNabb go.

Maybe Vick was really the plan all along, but they didn't want to admit it. I don't know what his contract is, but I bet it's a lot smaller than McNabb's.

they didnt pull him after 2 quarters...clay mathews knocked him out of the game with a concussion and vick came in and happened to do much much better

yashi
09-22-2010, 04:13 PM

They groomed Kolb as McNabb's successor for 3 years only to, like you said, yank him after 2 quarters.

I still think Kolb is going to end up being their QB next year (if not sooner) as long as Vick doesn't end up leading them to the playoffs.

bwilliams
09-22-2010, 04:28 PM

Doesn't matter. We have to try. Weis is supposed to be a great QB guy. Time to find out.

Want to know the worst bit of Chiefs trivia?

Q: Who was the last QB the Chiefs drafted who won a start in a Chiefs uniform?

A: Todd Blackledge. On September 13, 1987.

It's been almost a quarter-century since we've made a legitimate effort to draft a QB high and groom him. It's time.

bwilliams
09-22-2010, 04:30 PM
They groomed Kolb as McNabb's successor for 3 years only to, like you said, yank him after 2 quarters.

I still think Kolb is going to end up being their QB next year (if not sooner) as long as Vick doesn't end up leading them to the playoffs.

I think Andy Reid gets fired after this season, and the new GM/HC draft their own QBOTF, with Vick as the bridge. I don't think Kolb is in a Philly uniform in 2011.

Fastphilly
09-22-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm over this taking other teams leftovers..For a while we were the 49ers retirment home for quarterbacks. Montana did give us a couple good years..We did get to the title game with Bono mainly due to an excellent defence and running game. GrBac, well you know the story there..Can we once draft a QB and develop one?

wildcat
09-22-2010, 04:35 PM
they didnt pull him after 2 quarters...clay mathews knocked him out of the game with a concussion and vick came in and happened to do much much better

I understand that, but my point is that his opportunity only lasted for two quarters and now Vick has been named the #1 quarterback effectively ending the Kolb era...at least for now.

So, after playing for only two quarters he was, in effect, yanked.

melted ice
09-22-2010, 04:49 PM
We've drafted Matt Blundin and Mike Elkins in the second round....

Then Carl took over and it's clear he had no interest in drafting and developing a quarterback (you have to give him credit, his draft skills were terrible) and just went out and picked up veterans.

This worked with DeBerg, Montana and Trent and failed with Krieg, Bono and Grbac.

It seems Pioli is trying to combine the previous administrations plans and get a guy with some experience and develop him. I still think it's premature to give up on Cassel, but drafting a guy next year doesn't seem like a bad ide.

Seek
09-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Doesn't matter. We have to try. Weis is supposed to be a great QB guy. Time to find out.

Want to know the worst bit of Chiefs trivia?

Q: Who was the last QB the Chiefs drafted who won a start in a Chiefs uniform?

A: Todd Blackledge. On September 13, 1987.

It's been almost a quarter-century since we've made a legitimate effort to draft a QB high and groom him. It's time.

I agree with BWilliams, so one of us is right and one is wrong. :lol: , I have never personally seen the Chiefs draft a Qb that could be a franchise Qb. Never... In 1987 I didn't even know how to play football, yet alone who the players were.

So far based on how Pioli and Haley drafted with a fully prepared coaching staff. I say lets give it a shot. It can't be any worse the drafting another Ryan Sims, Sly Mo, Tank Tylers, Turk McBride, Jr. Siavii, or Justin Medlock...

I am not sure how many of the bottom dwelling teams are needing a QB, so the #1 or #2 could drop a bit this year. We could get another Rodgers or Breeze.

honda522
09-22-2010, 05:10 PM
No thanks, Kolb didn't look good so far, I think he won't be good at all.

kylebigmac09
09-22-2010, 05:34 PM
I think I would rather have Vick over Kolb in a Chiefs uniform..

Although I'm not completely off the Cassel bandwagon yet.

bwilliams
09-22-2010, 05:42 PM
I agree with BWilliams, so one of us is right and one is wrong. :lol: , I have never personally seen the Chiefs draft a Qb that could be a franchise Qb. Never... In 1987 I didn't even know how to play football, yet alone who the players were.

So far based on how Pioli and Haley drafted with a fully prepared coaching staff. I say lets give it a shot. It can't be any worse the drafting another Ryan Sims, Sly Mo, Tank Tylers, Turk McBride, Jr. Siavii, or Justin Medlock...

I am not sure how many of the bottom dwelling teams are needing a QB, so the #1 or #2 could drop a bit this year. We could get another Rodgers or Breeze.

I agree, but this should be a QB-heavy draft. In no particular order, the Bills, Raiders, Cardinals, 49ers, Redskins, Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, and Vikings should all be looking for new QBs (or QBs to groom as QBOTF) in 2011. Maybe the Eagles too.

And I'll always feel bad for Sylvester Morris. If he hadn't broken his leg, he could have been a decent WR I think.

brdempsey69
09-22-2010, 05:45 PM
And I'll always feel bad for Sylvester Morris. If he hadn't broken his leg, he could have been a decent WR I think.

Agreed. Sylvester Morris wasn't a bust, he was an injury casualty -- there is a difference.

Forget Kolb -- don't want him.

figcrostic
09-22-2010, 06:38 PM

When have we drafted a qb above the third round, that said I would like to pick someone in the FA but Kolb is not our guy.

AkChief49
09-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I agree with B. Williams. It's time to draft a QOTF. After all, we have a QB friendly coordinator/groomer in Charlie W. Right? Unless of course someone has a Joe Montana they do not want.

tornadospotter
09-22-2010, 10:17 PM
:lol: The Chiefs have done that well in the past.:D

2010chiefs
09-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Right now I think any potential QB would be better then Matt Cassel. Cmon you guys, his numbers are horrible. However we're winning games so he's doing enough for now. For now! Until then, Kolb is no guarantee for us either. Would be a nice second option though. GO CHIEFS!