PDA

View Full Version : to all you naysayers

slc chief
09-26-2010, 05:10 PM
i love to be the one to tell you i told you so.there was so much crap talked about the chiefs and their team.that it feels great to throw a 3-0 record right in there face

Pro_Angler
09-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Yea cassell met my predictions for the game plus 1 TD

figcrostic
09-26-2010, 06:03 PM
i love to be the one to tell you i told you so.there was so much crap talked about the chiefs and their team.that it feels great to throw a 3-0 record right in there face

I haven't been hearing anything about our team, I think people have complained about the offensive play calling and Matt Cassel. The team has been pretty solid.

Pro_Angler
09-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I haven't been hearing anything about our team, I think people have complained about the offensive play calling and Matt Cassel. The team has been pretty solid.

Agreed me too.. The "team" isnt the issue it has been suspect play calling and QB descisions (which has been suspect).
Today was great on the play calling to get cassell involved safely, he had 2 recievers that make spectacular plays in the end zones on overthrown balls, he had a tip INT not too much his fault and the side line in triple coverage was ugly. All and all i give cassell a solid "B" for the day and our D a solid "A" would have been A+ but the TD at end took the + away.

Ryfo18
09-26-2010, 06:20 PM
I love how they've looked. Was skeptical about Cassel, and he played way better this game. Moeaki made one of the best TD catches i've seen in years. This team is legit.

honda522
09-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Like I said before, Cassel was the downfall of this team. I don't know if playcalling has been an issue in the past, but other than 3 or 4 plays Cassel looked like a pro. He needed a game like today, and he got it.

Now he just needs to keep it up.

slc chief
09-26-2010, 06:57 PM

that's funny. when i say team i mean any one player as well.i also remember a ton of trash talking when it came to the draft.i heard people talking crap about the crennel and weiss hires.and so on and so on from radio host to people on espn even from people on here. man does 3-0 feel good

JamesDibben
09-26-2010, 06:59 PM
It's nice to have a win we don't have to make excuses for. Every cylinder was firing on this one!

honda522
09-26-2010, 07:00 PM
that's funny. when i say team i mean any one player as well.i also remember a ton of trash talking when it came to the draft.i heard people talking crap about the crennel and weiss hires.and so on and so on from radio host to people on espn even from people on here. man does 3-0 feel good
Your thinking of TexasChief.

Pro_Angler
09-26-2010, 07:05 PM
I dont think anyone was talking crap about the Crennel Weis hire, that was the least of the ? marks..

buffman316
09-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Just got back from the game! Tell Doc Brown thanks for the trip to the 90's. Roads? Where the Chiefs are going we don't need roads!
This was a blast! The whole butt whippin was the most fun Chiefs game I have been at in years.

Chief Tyler
09-26-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm on Cloud 9 right now and I'm excited for Cassel, but he had one strong half. It's more than a tad early to be saying I told you so. He needs to do it consistently. In New England he had back to back 400 yard games, failed to reach the playoffs and then he arrived in Kansas City and underwhelmed most every time he was on the field. I hope Cassel can do it again and again for a full game, but he made a few good throws, no mistakes and got rid of the ball without taking sacks. He did it for one half. He hasn't made a habit of it.

Hayvern
09-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Cassel played well today in the latter part of the game, but in the first drive all the way through to the interception, there were more than just a few boos from the assembled audience at the stadium.

I am glad he stepped it up and I am glad that Weis opened up the field a little and let the offense off the chain in the second half.

This team is still going to be a running team, there is no question about that, so we are not going to see a Manning style of play out of Cassel, but if Cassel keeps leading the team and he avoids mistakes, Cassel will be the leader of this team.

figcrostic
09-26-2010, 08:19 PM

Crennel could kick a puppy and I'd still love him (just kidding not a michael vick fan), but seriously that man has earned his pay and then some.

Pro_Angler
09-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Cassel played well today in the latter part of the game, but in the first drive all the way through to the interception, there were more than just a few boos from the assembled audience at the stadium.

I am glad he stepped it up and I am glad that Weis opened up the field a little and let the offense off the chain in the second half.

This team is still going to be a running team, there is no question about that, so we are not going to see a Manning style of play out of Cassel, but if Cassel keeps leading the team and he avoids mistakes, Cassel will be the leader of this team.

Ill be the first to agree with that statement..very well done..

josh1971
09-26-2010, 09:32 PM
I dont think anyone was talking crap about the Crennel Weis hire, that was the least of the ? marks..

Agreed- I don't remember anyone disturbed by those hires.

stricken721
09-26-2010, 09:37 PM
It's nice to have a win we don't have to make excuses for. Every cylinder was firing on this one!

No doubt. That was a clean victory that the whole team played for.

Fastphilly
09-26-2010, 11:08 PM
Thank You my beloved KC for taking it to the 49ers!!! Living in San Francisco and surrounded by my relatives/friends that are Niner fans watching the game. I was estatic on the way they got whooped..Now I have bragging rights on them for the next four years:D

rodu
09-26-2010, 11:10 PM
we're now the number one rushing team, and our o-line is ranked number two(not sure how NFL.com calculates that)
run d dropped down to sixth, still not to shabby

tammietailgator
09-26-2010, 11:15 PM
We won!

Ryfo18
09-26-2010, 11:16 PM
we're now the number one rushing team, and our o-line is ranked number two(not sure how NFL.com calculates that)

The O-Line is badass, nuff said.

Pro_Angler
09-27-2010, 12:23 AM

how could our run d drop?? we held em to like 43 yds for the game..

fairladyZ
09-27-2010, 12:58 AM
we didn't

we went from 9th to 6th.

Chiefster
09-27-2010, 01:02 AM
With as well as we played today and our great start notwithstanding I think a real test of our young talent will come in week five against the Colts in Indianapolis.

Right now, however, I'm a real happy camper! :D

rodu
09-27-2010, 01:11 AM
how could our run d drop?? we held em to like 43 yds for the game..

we didn't

we went from 9th to 6th.

I got our previous run O and run D rankings mixed

Chiefster
09-27-2010, 01:12 AM
I got our previous run O and run D rankings mixed

Happens to the best of us. :D

Fastphilly
09-27-2010, 01:15 AM
With as well as we played today and our great start notwithstanding I think a real test of our young talent will come in week five against the Colts in Indianapolis.

Right now, however, I'm a real happy camper! :D

Me too!! After the bye, the next two weeks is the toughest stretch on the schedule (@ Indy and @ Houston), if we split those two games I like our chances of winning the division providing we maintain our level of play...I really like what I see by the 2010 Chiefs thus far :chiefs:

Chiefster
09-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Me too!! After the bye, the next two weeks is the toughest stretch on the schedule (@ Indy and @ Houston), if we split those two games I like our chances of winning the division providing we maintain our level of play...I really like what I see by the 2010 Chiefs thus far :chiefs:

And I think that every Chiefs fan should, however, I still maintain a cautious optimism. Three weeks into the season no one is a play-off team yet.

Fastphilly
09-27-2010, 01:37 AM
And I think that every Chiefs fan should, however, I still maintain a cautious optimism. Three weeks into the season no one is a play-off team yet.

All I have to mention is the 1995 Raiders when they started 8-2, then blew their last six games..So I do whole heartly agree.. We hav'nt played against an explosive offensive team yet so the evaluation of the secondary is not conclusive. They have done a remarkable job, especially in the tackling department which has been a fundamental thats lacked on Chiefs teams up until recently.

Ryfo18
09-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Let's not forget the Donkeys of last year...6-0 and nothing to show for it.

Chiefster
09-27-2010, 01:43 AM
All I have to mention is the 1995 Raiders when they started 8-2, then blew their last six games..So I do whole heartly agree.. We hav'nt played against an explosive offensive team yet so the evaluation of the secondary is not conclusive. They have done a remarkable job, especially in the tackling department which has been a fundamental thats lacked on Chiefs teams up until recently.

I'm really happy with what I see from our defense, and it was really nice to see our offense emerge even though it was against a, currently, struggling 49er team.

Nice work on the Faders research but we can just go back to last year when the Donks did the exact same thing.

matthewschiefs
09-27-2010, 01:48 AM

And the Donkeys started 6-0 a year ago. It's still to early to be thinking we are a sure bet for the playoffs. But I think we can now say that we are a better team then we were a year ago. And that's all that we can really ask for. To get better every year until we are holding the grand prize at the end of the season.

I will say that the Chargers are a VERY good offense. Now that game was played in a monsoon so that may have made the D look better. But then look at today we held a VERY good runner down. All the signs are pointing to this D being a very good D. The Colts and Texans will be better test for our D one that I hope they can pass.

SIC J
09-27-2010, 01:55 AM
I don't care what has happened to other teams in the past. I care about whats happening NOW!!!

Chiefs are 3-0 and the rest of the west is 1-2.

I only got to watch part of the game but it looked to me that the better play calling helped the offense out a lot. It didn't "make" Cassell look good, it gave him an "opportunity".

josh1971
09-27-2010, 03:30 AM
Yes, I'm keeping cautious optimism. I hate to use a cliche, but I'm really taking it just one game at a time.

Colts are the next obstacle in our way- let's run them over.

And bring back the RED pants for road games!

Chiefster
09-27-2010, 03:34 AM
Yes, I'm keeping cautious optimism. I hate to use a cliche, but I'm really taking it just one game at a time.

Colts are the next obstacle in our way- let's run them over.

You and I have much in common sir!

The Key to week five against the Colts is getting to Manning early and often.

josh1971
09-27-2010, 03:37 AM
Yessir- when you get in his face and frustrate Manning, he is VERY mistake-prone. So if we can get to him early and often, maybe our 4th game is Berry's breakout game, eh? A few picks off of Manning would be a nice thing.

And then on the O-side of the ball. Run-run-run-run-run-run

Eat clock and yards.

Chiefster
09-27-2010, 03:41 AM
Yessir- when you get in his face and frustrate Manning, he is VERY mistake-prone. So if we can get to him early and often, maybe our 4th game is Berry's breakout game, eh? A few picks off of Manning would be a nice thing.

And then on the O-side of the ball. Run-run-run-run-run-run

Eat clock and yards.

A steady diet of Charles, Jones and maybe even McCluster, even though he's listed as a WR, should fit the bill quite nicely. :D

josh1971
09-27-2010, 03:48 AM
Heck- throw Castille and Cox at 'em too.

honda522
09-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Yes..this...But for Indy we should wear Home Jerseys.

chief31
09-29-2010, 12:25 AM
I don't care what has happened to other teams in the past. I care about whats happening NOW!!!

Chiefs are 3-0 and the rest of the west is 1-2.

I kind of care about what WILL HAPPEN through THE REST OF THE SEASON too.

The point that was being discussed was that starting out great does not guarantee anything the rest of the way.

And those other teams were brought up to support the claim.

As always, there is more than one way to look at this team.

1.) We are vastly improved and underrated. Our defense is becoming a monster. Our run game as good as it gets. Our passing offense finally got out of that slump they started in. We beat up the divisional bully, Chargers. We beat the tar out of a team that was the popular pick to become a powerhouse, in the 49ers. Etc. etc.

2.) We are a lucky team, who... Took advantage of a Chargers team that is well known for being downright bad at the start of seasons. We beat a poor Browns team...barely. We beat a 49ers team that has looked horrible in two games now and is 0-3. Cassel has played poorly more often than he has played well. The running game is being mismanaged as Jones (4.2 YPC) is getting more opportunities than Charles (7.0 YPC).

And that list goes on and on also.

I certainly don't rule out the second list. Those kind of thoughts are very real possibilities.

Having said that, I still walk a little prouder with my team at 3-0. And I see this team far differently than I have in years. :D

matthewschiefs
09-29-2010, 12:39 AM
I kind of care about what WILL HAPPEN through THE REST OF THE SEASON too.

The point that was being discussed was that starting out great does not guarantee anything the rest of the way.

And those other teams were brought up to support the claim.

As always, there is more than one way to look at this team.

1.) We are vastly improved and underrated. Our defense is becoming a monster. Our run game as good as it gets. Our passing offense finally got out of that slump they started in. We beat up the divisional bully, Chargers. We beat the tar out of a team that was the popular pick to become a powerhouse, in the 49ers. Etc. etc.

2.) We are a lucky team, who... Took advantage of a Chargers team that is well known for being downright bad at the start of seasons. We beat a poor Browns team...barely. We beat a 49ers team that has looked horrible in two games now and is 0-3. Cassel has played poorly more often than he has played well. The running game is being mismanaged as Jones (4.2 YPC) is getting more opportunities than Charles (7.0 YPC).

And that list goes on and on also.

I certainly don't rule out the second list. Those kind of thoughts are very real possibilities.

Having said that, I still walk a little prouder with my team at 3-0. And I see this team far differently than I have in years. :D

I think that we have been lucky but even saying that we are getting lucky to win is a step up from where this team has been over the last few seasons. This team is getting better and in the next couple of seasons we won't have to get lucky to win.

Chiefster
09-29-2010, 04:26 AM
Heck- throw Castille and Cox at 'em too.

Works for me. :D

brdempsey69
09-29-2010, 01:32 PM
I'd say the Chiefs were lucky to win the first 2 games, but against the 49ers -- that was total domination there as the Chiefs played their best game in years.

Canada
09-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Its not lucky to win those first two games. Did anyone say we were unlucky in the past three years to be losing games by a FG or TD? No...they said we were bad. This team has found a way to win. That is the biggest difference this year. Good teams find a way to win no matter what, and we have been doing exactly that.

And Chief31...SF just about beat the defending SB Champs on MNF. They werent struggling that badly, they got beat be a better team.

Chiefster
09-29-2010, 03:09 PM
I think it was a bit of both. The Chiefs had a stellar showing; firing on all cylinders in all phases of the game, and I think that the Niners were suffering a bit of a Monday Night let down. The Chiefs deserve credit for the win and the Niners have to take responsibility for the loss.

I don't think that too much should be read into either aspect. IMHO

chief31
09-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Its not lucky to win those first two games. Did anyone say we were unlucky in the past three years to be losing games by a FG or TD? No...they said we were bad.

Are you kidding me?

Of course there were plenty of people saying that we were unlucky. And, at times, that was the case.

This team has found a way to win. That is the biggest difference this year. Good teams find a way to win no matter what, and we have been doing exactly that.

And Chief31...SF just about beat the defending SB Champs on MNF. They werent struggling that badly, they got beat be a better team.

That they did. And I think The 49ers are a far better team than their current record would suggest. That is my opinion of them.

But I dare not neglect to see that there are reasons to be cautious with my optimism.

Now, if we do beat The Colts, and I think that is more than possible, then I may struggle in restraining that optimism.

But, until then, I will continue to look at this team from both sides.

Pro_Angler
09-30-2010, 01:00 AM
frikin espn has us at game 8 5-3..I dont think so.. I think that 6-2 is a fair statement and would be happy with that.

Chiefster
09-30-2010, 01:06 AM
frikin espn has us at game 8 5-3..I dont think so.. I think that 6-2 is a fair statement and would be happy with that.

Why pay attention to anything they say?

Pro_Angler
09-30-2010, 01:27 AM
I wouldnt be to surprised if we go quietly undefeated.. not saying we will, but can.

Fastphilly
09-30-2010, 01:57 AM
We have a chance to get a win in Indy..Weiss and Romie have two full weeks to prepare for this game, as history shows these two coaches have been Colt killers. Romeo knows how to scheme a defence to get Manning off his rhythm..Their run defence is nothing to write home about. Their secondary is soft and got burned up and down the field by Denver..Sure Cassel might not light them up like Orton did, but I do expect a close game which in reality is all I ask...Keep it close and hope we eek it out..If we lose and as long as it's not a blowout I won't feel bad...After all, this teams is still growing and it is the Colts.:chiefs2:

OTR Chiefs fan
09-30-2010, 03:03 AM
I think that we have been lucky but even saying that we are getting lucky to win is a step up from where this team has been over the last few seasons. This team is getting better and in the next couple of seasons we won't have to get lucky to win.

Luck always plays a factor. Even with very good teams. You look at any team with a winning record or wins a Super Bowl for that matter, and there is at least one or two games that they got lucky and won when they were out played. A freak play, a lucky catch, etc. and they get the "W". So, it's a combination of both. But I do feel that luck favors the prepared and the good teams are prepared to seize an opportunity when it arises. And I feel that the Chiefs are headed in that direction. :chiefs:

Canada
09-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Are you kidding me?

Of course there were plenty of people saying that we were unlucky. And, at times, that was the case.

Yeah,everyone has been saying we are "unlucky" for the last three years.

N TX Dave
09-30-2010, 12:56 PM

Yes I would like to know who those everyones are I never said we were unlucky I didn't hear you either Canada, so therefore everyone didn't say it. We were just bad, plane and simple, luck had nothing to do with it. The players where just out there collecting their paycheck and going through the motions.

There is so much difference between the team this year and the last 3 years. If this team ends the season 4 and 12 again, which I would bet money they don't, it is still a better team than the last three years progress is being made to play as a team and win as a team the players are buying into the plan.

Canada
09-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Yes I would like to know who those everyones are I never said we were unlucky I didn't hear you either Canada, so therefore everyone didn't say it. We were just bad, plane and simple, luck had nothing to do with it. The players where just out there collecting their paycheck and going through the motions.

There is so much difference between the team this year and the last 3 years. If this team ends the season 4 and 12 again, which I would bet money they don't, it is still a better team than the last three years progress is being made to play as a team and win as a team the players are buying into the plan.

And I love the part where people way we are winning the games we are "supposed to win" We were 4-12. We were the team that everyone was "Supposed to win against" SD handed us our as$es last year and w beat them this year. I dont care how it happened, fact is it happened.

Then we beat Cleveland, who beat us last year and ran for a million yards. I believe this year they had about 35 yards.
Then we beat a 49ers team who for some reason is underachieving but is still a team full of talent that went toe to toe with the defending champs. And if it werent for three turnovers inside the 10 against Sea, they woulda been in that game too.

I think we have faced some good tests for a 4-12 team. I dont know how some people can deny that there is major improvement to this team.

Just rememeber, most had us going around 8-8. I still think we can easily play .500 ball for the rest fo the season. That puts us between 9 and 10 wins at the end of the year!! :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
09-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Luck always plays a factor. Even with very good teams. You look at any team with a winning record or wins a Super Bowl for that matter, and there is at least one or two games that they got lucky and won when they were out played. A freak play, a lucky catch, etc. and they get the "W". So, it's a combination of both. But I do feel that luck favors the prepared and the good teams are prepared to seize an opportunity when it arises. And I feel that the Chiefs are headed in that direction. :chiefs:

I think they are to and being 3-0 is proof of that. :chiefs::bananen_smilies046:

Drunker Hillbilly
09-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Another "I told you so" huh? **** Off

Chiefster
09-30-2010, 03:58 PM
:lol:

chief31
09-30-2010, 08:03 PM
In 2009 The Chiefs finished at 4-12.

The first game NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Baltimore Ravens - 2009 Week 1 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091301/2009/REG1/chiefs@ravens#tab:analyze) we wwere tied with The Ravens with 3:30 left in the game. Add in a bit of luck at that point, and The Chiefs win.

The second game NFL Game Center: Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs - 2009 Week 2 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092004/2009/REG2/raiders@chiefs) was a three point loss to The Raiders. Not much of an explanation needed to show how just a bit of luck would have changed that game to a win.

The fifth game NFL Game Center: Dallas Cowboys at Kansas City Chiefs - 2009 Week 5 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009101104/2009/REG5/cowboys@chiefs) went into OT against The Cowboys. Again, no explanation needed.

Lost to The Jaguars by a FG. NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Jacksonville Jaguars - 2009 Week 9 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009110804/2009/REG9/chiefs@jaguars)

Buffalo beat us on an INT on the last play of the game. A TD ties the game, with an extra point to win it. NFL Game Center: Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs - 2009 Week 14 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009121306/2009/REG14/bills@chiefs)

Cassel threw an incomplation in the End zone on the last play of the game against The Browns. A TD and XP ties that one up. NFL Game Center: Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs - 2009 Week 15 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009122003/2009/REG15/browns@chiefs)

An INT inside the twenty yard line finished off a seven point victory for The Begals. NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Cincinnati Bengals - 2009 Week 16 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009122701/2009/REG16/chiefs@bengals)

That is seven losses that could have been victories had there been just a little insertion of luck at the right point of the game.

If the luck had showed up at the right time in each case, then that would make the 2009 Chiefs a 11-5 team.

At 2-12 in 2008, seven losses were by seven points or less. Enough well-timed luck could have made even that team a 9-7 team.

Hell, five of those losses were by under five points.

Just those games going the other way would have made The Chiefs a 7-9 team.

Now....

I am not in the mood to go digging for it all. But those points were made early and often while we were in those seasons, and since.

Who really believes that there was no optimism here before this season?

CapitalT
09-30-2010, 09:20 PM

I am so happy the Chiefs are on a role! This is the best I've felt in years.

However, I think it's a little early to feel vindicated about your personal predictions.

I'd love to see you right though :-)

Canada
10-01-2010, 06:36 AM
In 2009 The Chiefs finished at 4-12.

The first game NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Baltimore Ravens - 2009 Week 1 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091301/2009/REG1/chiefs@ravens#tab:analyze) we wwere tied with The Ravens with 3:30 left in the game. Add in a bit of luck at that point, and The Chiefs win.

The second game NFL Game Center: Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs - 2009 Week 2 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092004/2009/REG2/raiders@chiefs) was a three point loss to The Raiders. Not much of an explanation needed to show how just a bit of luck would have changed that game to a win.

The fifth game NFL Game Center: Dallas Cowboys at Kansas City Chiefs - 2009 Week 5 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009101104/2009/REG5/cowboys@chiefs) went into OT against The Cowboys. Again, no explanation needed.

Lost to The Jaguars by a FG. NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Jacksonville Jaguars - 2009 Week 9 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009110804/2009/REG9/chiefs@jaguars)

Buffalo beat us on an INT on the last play of the game. A TD ties the game, with an extra point to win it. NFL Game Center: Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs - 2009 Week 14 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009121306/2009/REG14/bills@chiefs)

Cassel threw an incomplation in the End zone on the last play of the game against The Browns. A TD and XP ties that one up. NFL Game Center: Cleveland Browns at Kansas City Chiefs - 2009 Week 15 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009122003/2009/REG15/browns@chiefs)

An INT inside the twenty yard line finished off a seven point victory for The Begals. NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Cincinnati Bengals - 2009 Week 16 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009122701/2009/REG16/chiefs@bengals)

That is seven losses that could have been victories had there been just a little insertion of luck at the right point of the game.

If the luck had showed up at the right time in each case, then that would make the 2009 Chiefs a 11-5 team.

At 2-12 in 2008, seven losses were by seven points or less. Enough well-timed luck could have made even that team a 9-7 team.

Hell, five of those losses were by under five points.

Just those games going the other way would have made The Chiefs a 7-9 team.

Now....

I am not in the mood to go digging for it all. But those points were made early and often while we were in those seasons, and since.

Who really believes that there was no optimism here before this season?

Thats great, now go to the treads that were started after each of those games and tell me how many of them said we were unlucky and how many of them said we suck.

figcrostic
10-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Another "I told you so" huh? **** Off

Really!? It's not like the TS came by and shot your dog, no need to get so upset.

figcrostic
10-01-2010, 09:42 AM

The Chiefs sucked last year, they deserved to have crap talked on them, doesn't mean people aren't still fans. What are you supposed to do when your team sucks for 3 years straight, you watch the game, you *****, and you hope they get better. They have gotten better so now everyone is happy.:chiefs:

tornadospotter
10-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Really!? It's not like the TS came by and shot your dog, no need to get so upset.
????????:feedback:

chief31
10-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Thats great, now go to the treads that were started after each of those games and tell me how many of them said we were unlucky and how many of them said we suck.

What for? That would be irrelevant in every way.

The statement that I was responding to was this...

Its not lucky to win those first two games. Did anyone say we were unlucky in the past three years to be losing games by a FG or TD? No...they said we were bad.

To which I responded....

Are you kidding me?

But then you changed the topic, from "Did anyone say we were unlucky in the past three years" to ...

And asking me to give you a percentage on how many were suggeting that we were unlucky, versus those who just said we suck.

I don't understand how that is relevant to my response to "Did anyone say we were unlucky in the past three years to be losing games by a FG or TD No...?"

You simply exaggrated and that is what I was clarifying on.

Did most people say that we were just plain bad? Yep. But, contrary to your remark on the subject, some did mention that luck was a factor.

Yes, there actually has been optimism here for the entire lifespan of the site.

But, as I stated before, I am not going to take the time to go digging all of it up.

Canada
10-03-2010, 08:53 AM

If you say so. Im not here to argue semantics. Anyone, Everyone ...whatever. No one was saying we were an unlucky team, they were saying we were a bad team.

Perhaps u missed the sarcasm when I said "Yeah,everyone has been saying we are "unlucky" for the last three years."

Not once did I ask for a percentage of people who said we suck vs people who said we were unlucky. I dont know where u get this stuff from.

azchiefsfan
10-03-2010, 10:03 AM
I felt that the first win was lucky, but after the second win, I realized that it wasn't luck. Weiss felt we had a chance to win with the defense and special teams, so why put Cassell in a position to get hurt and/or lose confidence? The play calling, as he said in both post-game interviews would have been completely different if we were behind. I believe now, though I wasn't so sure before last Sunday's win, that he is trying to take the pressure off Cassell so he can settle down and get back into a comfortable throwing state of mind. I have said, and will continue to say, our 4th game will be the benchmark of our season. If we lose it doesn't mean we are done, it just depends on how we play. If we win, we are a legitimate play off team.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-03-2010, 07:47 PM
This bye week is killing me!!!!!!!

chief31
10-03-2010, 11:24 PM

If you say so. Im not here to argue semantics. Anyone, Everyone ...whatever. No one was saying we were an unlucky team, they were saying we were a bad team.

Perhaps u missed the sarcasm when I said "Yeah,everyone has been saying we are "unlucky" for the last three years."

Not once did I ask for a percentage of people who said we suck vs people who said we were unlucky. I dont know where u get this stuff from.

You have no idea where I get this stuff from?

tell me how many of them said we were unlucky and how many of them said we suck.

No idea?

I'll bet you are ready to argue more semantics now, since you didn't mention the word "percentage", hunh?

Look. I wasn't trying to argue with you. I was just pointing out that you exaggerated in saying that noone thought we were unlucky in losing any games the last few seasons.

If everyone just agreed that we sucked, plain and simple, then what was everyone arguing about over the past few seasons?

Tax cuts?:D